TOR revenge trade

Created by: LuckyMoneyPuck
Team: 2024-25 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: May 15, 2024
Published: May 15, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Because they are so absurd.

Marner convinces his 2 BFF4E that TOR is an inept organization that will never win the cup.... not hard really.
He will only accept a trade if his 2 BFF4E are included.
TOR, looking to appease the fan base who wants to chase Marner out, agrees.

Year two really goes crazy with Koivumen on RW opening up 10 mil for defense.
We could be looking at back to back cups here.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$950,000
3$950,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,500,000
3$2,500,000
2$1,000,000
Trades
PIT
  1. 2024 4th round pick (BUF)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,500,000$87,405,676$0$57,500$94,324
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$11,500,000$11,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C, LW, RW
RFA
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
RFA
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA
$886,667$886,667
LD
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 15 at 7:13 p.m.
Wayne glenskyisaGOAT
this is the most realistic marner trade you will ever see ever in your lifetime
May 15 at 7:14 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: iggy12rocks
this is the most realistic marner trade you will ever see ever in your lifetime

I know right, center of the hockey universe just shifted.
iggy12rocks liked this.
May 15 at 7:15 p.m.
H.Lindholm Lover
reported
iggy12rocks liked this.
May 15 at 7:16 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: odyssey
reported

for being a great trade?
I mean really there is nothing to report here. You are just salty someone poked a little fun.
May 15 at 7:26 p.m.
man i just look at the depth players that dubas has signed and the trades he's made and i acc feel bad for you guys

you have no idea the level of mediocrity that's coming for the next 5-10 years lol
KingExLeafs liked this.
May 15 at 7:31 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: jimtreliving
man i just look at the depth players that dubas has signed and the trades he's made and i acc feel bad for you guys

you have no idea the level of mediocrity that's coming for the next 5-10 years lol

mediocrity ... 5-10 years.....
are you kidding me. We are aiming to be bottom of the league much sooner than that.
Don't feel sorry for us, we won 3 cups with our core.
Time to rebuild again.
May 15 at 7:35 p.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
mediocrity ... 5-10 years.....
are you kidding me. We are aiming to be bottom of the league much sooner than that.
Don't feel sorry for us, we won 3 cups with our core.
Time to rebuild again.

Dubas is going to botch that. He screwed the Leafs. Now he'll screw another franchise. Tough, tough times ahead.
May 15 at 7:39 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: KingExLeafs
Dubas is going to botch that. He screwed the Leafs. Now he'll screw another franchise. Tough, tough times ahead.

Do people order fries in Toronto Dubas style.... extra salty?

I mean really there is nothing to screw up. Just lose and draft. He's not bad at drafting and it's not to hard to draft right when you are picking like top 3 every year for a few years..
May 15 at 7:39 p.m.
You are so cool bro
May 15 at 7:40 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
You are so cool bro

thanks!
May 15 at 7:43 p.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
Do people order fries in Toronto Dubas style.... extra salty?

I mean really there is nothing to screw up. Just lose and draft. He's not bad at drafting and it's not to hard to draft right when you are picking like top 3 every year for a few years..

I think it's a shame that Crosby's last years will be wasted by Dubas, just as Matthews's first years were. I blame Shanahan for elevating that fraud and trusting him. I think he's a con artist, not a serious general manager. If the Pens want to have a successful rebuild they should fire him immediately.
May 15 at 7:48 p.m.
SkateOrDie
I think it's a shame that Crosby's last years will be wasted by Dubas, just as Matthews's first years were. I blame Shanahan for elevating that fraud and trusting him. I think he's a con artist, not a serious general manager. If the Pens want to have a successful rebuild they should fire him immediately.

I really hate to break it to you but that ship sailed at Hextal. No need to blame Dubas. Not a single Pens fan would tell you, after Hextal this chance had any chance of winning anything. That former Flyer did this team dirty. But hey Flyers.

Dubas had a hand in drafting all your best players, so really that's not an issue. He'll be fine at drafting.... he'll be gone after the drafting stage don't worry.
They won't make it hard on him drafting top 3 every year for 5 years or so. We the fan base are ready for it. We understand. Winning means rebuilding eventually.
May 15 at 8:31 p.m.
DNP1932

Yeah, sure, Treliving did a great job this year! Paid reaves 1.35m, signed klingberg and got really lucky he had a possibly career ending injury, bertuzzi had a great year too! 43 points at 5.5m! And he did such a great job in Calgary too! Set them up to be a great team with Huby at 10.5m! Why dont you just worry about your own team, Phil kessel was chased out of Toronto and came to Pitt and won b2b cups when Leafs fans said he never would, and he probably should’ve got a conn smythe in one of those runs.
May 15 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: DNP1932
Yeah, sure, Treliving did a great job this year! Paid reaves 1.35m, signed klingberg and got really lucky he had a possibly career ending injury, bertuzzi had a great year too! 43 points at 5.5m! And he did such a great job in Calgary too! Set them up to be a great team with Huby at 10.5m! Why dont you just worry about your own team, Phil kessel was chased out of Toronto and came to Pitt and won b2b cups when Leafs fans said he never would, and he probably should’ve got a conn smythe in one of those runs.

Kessel was awesome in Toronto too. Everyone knew he would succeed elsewhere. He wasn't chased out of anywhere. Leafs just needed to rebuild.

Dubas is a different story. He was awful as Leafs GM. He'll be awful in Pittsburgh too. Too arrogant, not enough humility. I feel for Pens fans. You guys deserve better management.
May 15 at 9:01 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Kessel was awesome in Toronto too. Everyone knew he would succeed elsewhere. He wasn't chased out of anywhere. Leafs just needed to rebuild.

Dubas is a different story. He was awful as Leafs GM. He'll be awful in Pittsburgh too. Too arrogant, not enough humility. I feel for Pens fans. You guys deserve better management.

this some revisionist history right here.
You all chased Kessel out so hard, he trolled you all with hot dogs in the cup on a golf course after he won.
Guys don't do that when they aren't chased out.
May 15 at 9:06 p.m.
DNP1932
Edited May 15 at 9:35 p.m.

There were definitely fans who said he would never win, so much he actually mentioned it in an interview. And again, dont feel bad for us, Dubas hasn’t done anything that changes the trajectory of the team, he has given a small bit of hope for catching lightning in a bottle. And again you wanna see a GM that ruined a team, look at the Calgary Flames, and the previous GM, Brad Treliving, just completely dodged that though. And once again a lot of leafs fans think Shanahan had a lot more to do with the insane contracts being given out then dubas ever did, but who knows, all i know is I don't think Dubas is the best GM of all time, but i do think that he has the opportunity to prove himself as a top GM here in Pitt when the team goes into a rebuild. Also I’ve never seen anything from him that gives any hint of arrogance.
May 16 at 1:24 a.m.
Quoting: DNP1932
There were definitely fans who said he would never win, so much he actually mentioned it in an interview. And again, dont feel bad for us, Dubas hasn’t done anything that changes the trajectory of the team, he has given a small bit of hope for catching lightning in a bottle. And again you wanna see a GM that ruined a team, look at the Calgary Flames, and the previous GM, Brad Treliving, just completely dodged that though. And once again a lot of leafs fans think Shanahan had a lot more to do with the insane contracts being given out then dubas ever did, but who knows, all i know is I don't think Dubas is the best GM of all time, but i do think that he has the opportunity to prove himself as a top GM here in Pitt when the team goes into a rebuild. Also I’ve never seen anything from him that gives any hint of arrogance.

really sounds like you're in hardcore denial that you have the epitome of incompetence at the helm of your organization

look at the current leafs team dude... see how they've never won anything? like not even 2 playoff rounds?

that's the kyle dubas model

see how the leafs didn't draft a single meaningful NHLer (except for the top-10 pick layups like Matthews, Marner, Nylander) over his entire tenure?

see how the leafs were the laughing stock of the league for the longest time due to the ridiculously soft and uninspired product they put out on the ice?

enjoy man, i personally could not be more thankful that he's gone and this team can be shaped with a different vision than the one Kyle held onto for years and years and years with absolutely nothing to show for it
May 16 at 6:57 a.m.
DNP1932
really sounds like you're in hardcore denial that you have the epitome of incompetence at the helm of your organization

look at the current leafs team dude... see how they've never won anything? like not even 2 playoff rounds?

see how the leafs didn't draft a single meaningful NHLer (except for the top-10 pick layups like Matthews, Marner, Nylander) over his entire tenure?

see how the leafs were the laughing stock of the league for the longest time due to the ridiculously soft and uninspired product they put out on the ice?

enjoy man, i personally could not be more thankful that he's gone and this team can be shaped with a different vision than the one Kyle held onto for years and years and years with absolutely nothing to show for it

Your new GM set up Calgary to be in one of the worst spots you can be in for the next 3-5 years. He totally destroyed the teams chance to win anything, while also setting the team up to not be able to really tank. As for the “Kyle Dubas Model” you guys were a laughing stock long before him, and it seems like will be long after he’s gone. Also this notion of being too soft and that’s the reason the team won’t succeed is beyond dumb, the pens have been called soft for a long time, including Crosby, and look at what happened, it has nothing to do with being soft lol. Also pretty sure Dubas didn’t draft Matthew’s and Co. he only signed them and Tavares. And it seems like those big contracts didn’t go away after he left, treliving gave both nylander and big AAV extensions, so there might be some merit to the shanahan having his hands within what should be the GMs job. And don’t worry we will be fine, have fun with the guy that completely ruined the Calgary Flames. Here dubas has a chance to show if he’s actually a legit GM, and only time will tell with that.
May 16 at 3:28 p.m.
SkateOrDie

This is a very poor view of his drafting.
He brought in Knies, Minten, Durzi
He had really bad luck on Amirov.

His pick of Yager for PIT looks really damn good right now.

I think you expectations of what can be done in a draft are pretty poor.
There are 23 spots on a team. On any one team roughly 15-20 of those guys will actually be NHL quality guys. Lots of 4th liners and 3rd pairing guys are replacement level guys.
If a career lasts from 20-33 you got 13 years. Which means you are talking about needing to land less than 2 players a year in the draft. Which frankly is pretty good considering the rates of anyone beyond the 3rd round making it to the NHL across the whole league, and even those 3rd rounders are a very small 15% or so chance.
That doesn't even include the fact that undrafted guys make it into the NHL all the time. Every year there are a handful on different teams.

His drafting frankly hasn't been all that bad, as a matter of fact you could say it's been above average. Every given year out of a draft there are only so many guys who are going to make it to the next level. It's not like teams can draft 3 guys a year to play at the NHL level. There are neither enough roster spots or enough quality draft players. At some point to get drafted 6th or 7th round is a thank you for playing ego prize for those kids having been fodder for the better players to develop with.

He could have developed a far worse team, look at DET for instance. How long have they been drafting at the bottom.... what have they actually got out of it?
They still can't win games. The same could be said about BUF as well.

At least Dubas has done something with his drafts, where they make it to the NHL level.
He's got guys playing for other teams right now in Sandin and Dermott.
Matter of fact his 4 1st round picks, are Marner, Yager, Sandin and Amirov.
Amirov can't be held on Dubas..
Yager is graded out as a 1st liner.
Marner is a good player
Sandin became an NHLer.
So that's 3/3.

You look at the 2nd round... mind you only 25% of 2nd rounders become NHL players.
Dermott still an nhler 329 games so that's counted by NHL drafting standards as a success as it's 100 games as the mark in draft percentage.

Minten TOR fans just love to rave about him... but you know Dubas can't drraft....
Durzi starting for AZ this year looked decent.
Robertson ... according to leaf fans.... NHL caliber.
Knies, Good young player.
Hirvonen .... not going anywhere.
Bracco ... not going anywhere.

I will say Robertson isn't all that. so you are talking about 4/7
He's hitting above average there. He should be 2 less there by NHL average.
The rest of the draft is so low on becoming an NHL player it's basically blind luck.
So I'm not sure what you are complaining about. Do you not realize other teams have about or less than the same success rate.
This meaningful NHLer comment. I mean honestly.
Do you realize what drafts look like.
https://dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/

from 2000 to 2009 39 to 49 players per year actually made it to 300 games. That's the WHOLE draft.
That's not even 2 rounds.

When you toss out the 100 game mark you realize the small percentage of players who actually made the NHL.
It's not overly hard to hit 100 games. But to hit that 300 games mark and be a regular NHLer... most of them are 1st round picks. The vast majority to be honest.
So you rambling about "significant" players past the 1st round just tells me you don't know how talent actually comes into the NHL.
GM are lucky to get a player who develops to a 300 games player past the 1st round. It's got very little to do with much else. As every GM in the league has a whole list of failures to prove otherwise that their percentage drafting below round 1 is pure garbage.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll