Forums/Armchair-GM

My Providence Bruins Lineup Fall 2017

Created by: TheTown
Team: 2017-18 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 28, 2017
Published: Jul. 28, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is my expected fall lineup for the 2017/2018 Providence Bruins.

Of Note: D. Heinen and J. DeBrusk make the Big Club out of camp. That's a damn fine lineup!!!
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$6,500,000
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$75,000,000$65,925,000$0$2,135,000$9,075,000

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$916,667$916,667
RW, C
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW
UFA - 3
$875,000$875,000
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW
RFA - 3
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$742,500$742,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$784,167$784,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$655,000$655,000
C
RFA - 1
$808,750$808,750
C, LW
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500
LW, C
UFA - 4
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$207,500$208K)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 2
$858,750$858,750
LD
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$232,500$232K)
G
UFA - 3
$784,167$784,167 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 28, 2017 at 2:06 p.m.
ItsInTheNet
It's looking right now like Bjork has the highest chance to make the NHL of any of our wingers. Not really sure how you have DeBrusk beating him out and am guessing you're basically just assuming that DeBrusk is better because he played in a professional league last year. I think Bjork is better than Heinen and Debrusk by a wide margin. Bjork could get AHL time, but he'd likely demolish the league in a matter of 10 to 15 games, proving he was NHL ready. I think he signed with us because we told him he would be in the competition for a top 9 role this season. He's done nothing but impress everyone who's watched him thus far. I don't understand how that equates to him losing the battle against either Heinen or DeBrusk. Bjork is in the lead right now with all the momentum he's created. Heinen is slightly behind, but also a solid option. DeBrusk has the longest odds and although he's a good player, is likely going to be a "go-to" guy on the P Bruins. This will only be his 2nd AHL season and he regressed in the CHL the year after he was drafted. It would be a better option to see if he can build on his first year of experience and prove he's gotten better. I think he's good, but he's the least ready of the 3 to be depended on in the big league.
Jul. 28, 2017 at 2:53 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: TopCornerShot
It's looking right now like Bjork has the highest chance to make the NHL of any of our wingers. Not really sure how you have DeBrusk beating him out and am guessing you're basically just assuming that DeBrusk is better because he played in a professional league last year. I think Bjork is better than Heinen and Debrusk by a wide margin. Bjork could get AHL time, but he'd likely demolish the league in a matter of 10 to 15 games, proving he was NHL ready. I think he signed with us because we told him he would be in the competition for a top 9 role this season. He's done nothing but impress everyone who's watched him thus far. I don't understand how that equates to him losing the battle against either Heinen or DeBrusk. Bjork is in the lead right now with all the momentum he's created. Heinen is slightly behind, but also a solid option. DeBrusk has the longest odds and although he's a good player, is likely going to be a "go-to" guy on the P Bruins. This will only be his 2nd AHL season and he regressed in the CHL the year after he was drafted. It would be a better option to see if he can build on his first year of experience and prove he's gotten better. I think he's good, but he's the least ready of the 3 to be depended on in the big league.

Debrusk didn't regress the year after he was drafted. He suffered a serious lower body injury. He took a puck to the nuts after he went to block a shot and one swelled up the size of a tennis ball. He rushed himself back from the injury that year and stated he wasn't fully healthy until that season's development camp for Boston. He then goes out and has a solid first season with the Providence Bruins. To say he's the least ready of the 3 is quite comical to me. Honestly, there is no wrong answer when saying Debrusk/Heinen/Bjork could make the team.
goldie078 and TheTown liked this.
Jul. 28, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.
Whether it's Debrusk, Heinen or Bjork that makes the big B's the Baby B's still look pretty good. Lots of great young talent that will hopefully mature into great players for the big B's!
Jul. 28, 2017 at 3:18 p.m.

Not sure why I have to repeat always but........

Bjork has 0 "Bruin" experience. I want to see him demolish the AHL first. That's why its there!!!! It's a proving ground!!!!
He has only played American College which is inferior to Canadian Junior leagues so I'm sure he has impressed because the player calibre is lower.
As I have said many times, Bjork may have more pure talent than Heinen or DeBrusk but the latter have "PRO" experience and both did very well in the last half of last year!!!
They are dependable from coaches aspect.
They know the Bruin system. Bjork has never played in the Bruin system. Even Backes struggled learning the Bruins system!!
Jul. 28, 2017 at 3:25 p.m.
ItsInTheNet
Quoting: BreKel

Debrusk didn't regress the year after he was drafted. He suffered a serious lower body injury. He took a puck to the nuts after he went to block a shot and one swelled up the size of a tennis ball. He rushed himself back from the injury that year and stated he wasn't fully healthy until that season's development camp for Boston. He then goes out and has a solid first season with the Providence Bruins. To say he's the least ready of the 3 is quite comical to me. Honestly, there is no wrong answer when saying Debrusk/Heinen/Bjork could make the team.

No he regressed in finding the back of the net. I even read that fact in a major hockey publication. Surely you are not better than they? Or you think you are Brekel?, the high and mighty Brekel who's paid not a cent for his words, but thinks that they are law. Quite unwise to have me deal with you again my friend. Everything you do is hilarious to me because theres never enough behind it. It's as if you do a manual labor type job, yet strive to be perceived as a white collar intellectual.

There are less right answers at this moment of time in saying who will make the team and who will not, because some are more unlikely than others. We are judging these mocks by their perceptual merit and therefore some can be determined as better than others. That is how this site works Brekel, that is how you decide what amount of stars to give to each participant. Are you unaware of this concept entirely my buddy? Is this such a complex notion that if you pick the guy who has a 20% chance to make a team and omit the guy who has a 90% chance to make a team, that you are being unrealistic and deserve less awards?

Brekel I will not try to take your opinion away from you, but you simply are not as right as you think you are and I believe you're in the business of always trying to be right. It's very hilarious when I read your posts, I enjoy them to the maximum.
nobody liked this.
Jul. 28, 2017 at 3:29 p.m.
ItsInTheNet
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Bjork has 0 "Bruin" experience. I want to see him demolish the AHL first. That's why its there!!!! It's a proving ground!!!!
He has only played American College which is inferior to Canadian Junior leagues so I'm sure he has impressed because the player calibre is lower.
As I have said many times, Bjork may have more pure talent than Heinen or DeBrusk but the latter have "PRO" experience and both did very well in the last half of last year!!!
They know the Bruin system. Bjork has never played in the Bruin system. Even Backes struggled learning the Bruins system!!

LOL since when is American College inferior to junior leagues? That sums up basically every post you make for the next two weeks to me lol. A junior league overager who crushes the league is equal to a 4 year college player doing the same thing and the parallels run throughout. That's hilarious though that you'd call it a step down like it was a factual statement.
Jul. 28, 2017 at 3:35 p.m.
It seems to me that Brekel understands the Bruins a little more than you think.
He understands that once players have proven themselves at the pro level, they get a shot.
Especially in the Bruins system, players generally don't get told they "get" anything (top 9 position) without proving themselves, regardless of where they were drafted or how they performed at a minor league level.
Providence is professional hockey. Those without any professional experience, especially in a certain team environment that plays a certain system, is at a disadvantage.
I am perfectly fine with Brekel's opinions!
Jul. 28, 2017 at 3:49 p.m.
BreKel
He understands that once players have proven themselves at the pro level, they get a shot.
Especially in the Bruins system, players generally don't get told they "get" anything (top 9 position) without proving themselves, regardless of where they were drafted or how they performed at a minor league level.
Providence is professional hockey. Those without any professional experience, especially in a certain team environment that plays a certain system, is at a disadvantage.

I don't even know what his counter was. He just wanted to come at me. He regressed in putting the puck in the net? Maybe that's because he was injured lol..... I appreciate your kind words. I don't always agree with your points but you're respectful about it. Just let TopCorner talk. He's the one that thinks he's always right haha
Jul. 28, 2017 at 4:36 p.m.
ItsInTheNet

I don't even know what his counter was. He just wanted to come at me. He regressed in putting the puck in the net? Maybe that's because he was injured lol..... I appreciate your kind words. I don't always agree with your points but you're respectful about it. Just let TopCorner talk. He's the one that thinks he's always right haha

Classy move bro, but I've actually got stabbed in the balls before, albeit another sport, and still played. It does not cripple you how you think it does and you are just speaking out of another hole right now because you have no knowledge of the subject. It's literally happened to me before, the swollen nut, the uncomfortable pain, the nausea, and you're reporting on it like it lasts a full season lol. Hope you're prepared to be wrong, because you are. You are the greatest in your own mind, even about stuff you can't even comprehend. I feel like you are me in another life, except you took the blue collar road to mediocrity, while I ascended above. The hilarious part is you think you are above me, even while doing lesser work and being relied upon by lesser people, but hey that's what people do when they settle themselves as an inferior alpha male and only go so far in their life. You should have pushed further and it's completely evident that you need to go back to college, if you were ever there in the first place my friend. Doubt you chose that path, no-one as condescending and "logical" as you would ever have acquired that much knowledge.

I'll let you be you, but I'll laugh the entire way. You are the best at what you do, which is leave me in stitches. Great post man, you're almost there.
nobody liked this.
Jul. 28, 2017 at 4:37 p.m.
ItsInTheNet

Paul, I'll say it now. Bjork will make the roster and DeBrusk will not, and when I am declared right you will eat these words because you fought against them.
nobody and phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 28, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
BreKel

Classy move bro, but I've actually got stabbed in the balls before, albeit another sport, and still played. It does not cripple you how you think it does and you are just speaking out of another hole right now because you have no knowledge of the subject. It's literally happened to me before, the swollen nut, the uncomfortable pain, the nausea, and you're reporting on it like it lasts a full season lol. Hope you're prepared to be wrong, because you are. You are the greatest in your own mind, even about stuff you can't even comprehend. I feel like you are me in another life, except you took the blue collar road to mediocrity, while I ascended above. The hilarious part is you think you are above me, even while doing lesser work and being relied upon by lesser people, but hey that's what people do when they settle themselves as an inferior alpha male and only go so far in their life. You should have pushed further and it's completely evident that you need to go back to college, if you were ever there in the first place my friend. Doubt you chose that path, no-one as condescending and "logical" as you would ever have acquired that much knowledge.

I'll let you be you, but I'll laugh the entire way. You are the best at what you do, which is leave me in stitches. Great post man, you're almost there.

Rule #5, I can't even right now grin
Jul. 29, 2017 at 4:00 a.m.

LOL since when is American College inferior to junior leagues? That sums up basically every post you make for the next two weeks to me lol. A junior league overager who crushes the league is equal to a 4 year college player doing the same thing and the parallels run throughout. That's hilarious though that you'd call it a step down like it was a factual statement.

Well, talk to a scout. The league that develops the best players is the WHL/OHL/QMJHL. FACT!

American college players are those guys that are "fringe" hockey players that want to get an education more than play pro hockey. And the American college system allows them to go play for free. Because colleges in the U.S. are all about money, money, money. The CHL (or basically the 3 leagues I named above) are all about developing pro hockey players. That's why most European players come over to play in the CHL, not the U.S. College ranks. The U.S.has been good at attracting good young Canadian players only because they get a free education. But those players are "fringe" young Canadian players.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 4:02 a.m.

ok alright
Jul. 29, 2017 at 4:09 a.m.

Paul, I'll say it now. Bjork will make the roster and DeBrusk will not, and when I am declared right you will eat these words because you fought against them.

I'm not necessarily saying both those will happen, because I'm not sure about DeBrusk yet (with Marchy/Bels/Frankie getting in, Schaller may be the 4th LW). However, what I will say is if Bjork makes the opening day lineup, by game 10, he will be in Providence (and he needs the schooling). But my guess is he won't even make opening day lineup. Let's leave DeBrusk out of it right now.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Don't waste your breath TCS. Hes just here to troll us all. I said two weeks ago that Boeser is better than Bjork, he decided to quote that two weeks later and call it trolling. He's had a history of bumping threads from over two months ago, making random useless remarks to me. He then asks for an ignore user options to block the trolls out, when he's the biggest troll of all

I think I know a few others that would welcome that "button" just to be rid of you......again, this is a Bruin thread. You are........I thought a Canuck fan..........but then you say you like all teams........ok, whatever. A Bruin thread is generally there for Bruin fans to discuss different ideas and options not for you to come in and say your bum buddy Boeser whoever that is, is better than Bjork????? Go away.....

i agree Bjork is better than Boeser but Boeser is a former 1st round pick who finished the season really well with the Canucks.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:50 p.m.
The NCAA is a not-for-profit organization. There are very few programs that make money.

The only free education you get is when you get a scholarship. Those who are very talented get one
Jul. 29, 2017 at 4:04 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: phillyjabroni
The NCAA is a not-for-profit organization. There are very few programs that make money.

The only free education you get is when you get a scholarship. Those who are very talented get one

latest?cb=20130709051519
nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll