Forums/Mock-Draft

The Athletic's Top 65

The Athletic's Top 65

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Lancebmx
Published: May 22 at 12:13 p.m.
May 22 at 12:44 p.m.
Stovetop
I think Solberg is an underrated prospect, but my god, not THAT underrated. He's projected in the 40-60 range. IDK why Pronman is that bullish on him. Sharks could easily get him at 33 or 42

Also taking Gidlof, ranked 10th among EU goalies in the early 2nd round is certainly something. I could understand Nabby 2.0 considering his numbers are at the KHL level, but Gidlof is not even projected to 100% be drafted
May 22 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
I think Solberg is an underrated prospect, but my god, not THAT underrated. He's projected in the 40-60 range. IDK why Pronman is that bullish on him. Sharks could easily get him at 33 or 42

Also taking Gidlof, ranked 10th among EU goalies in the early 2nd round is certainly something. I could understand Nabby 2.0 considering his numbers are at the KHL level, but Gidlof is not even projected to 100% be drafted

In their write up about Gidlof, they say he is the most athletic goalie or something like that. I don't agree with it either.
Also agree with Solberg although I see him in the guest round, just not that early. Late 20s I would project.
May 22 at 1:30 p.m.

I’m on the fence with Solberg there. If he was a right shot I’d say go for it, but in this scenario I say just go with Jiricek, or a forward like Helenius or MBN. Then just take 2 D in the 2nd. Could have Mews and Kiviharju in this mock.
May 22 at 1:42 p.m.
Stovetop
Quoting: DFinn91
I’m on the fence with Solberg there. If he was a right shot I’d say go for it, but in this scenario I say just go with Jiricek, or a forward like Helenius or MBN. Then just take 2 D in the 2nd. Could have Mews and Kiviharju in this mock.

Yeah that's exactly my thought. There's to many really solid players still available there to take a positional need that's projected later.

If they REALLY think he goes in the first round then they can trade #33 & #42 to someone like Carolina for the #27 and #60. Or MTL for the #26 and #57. Then take Nabby 2.0 with that late 2nd if they REALLY want a goalie in the 2nd round
DFinn91 liked this.
May 22 at 4:41 p.m.
Yeah that's exactly my thought. There's to many really solid players still available there to take a positional need that's projected later.

If they REALLY think he goes in the first round then they can trade #33 & #42 to someone like Carolina for the #27 and #60. Or MTL for the #26 and #57. Then take Nabby 2.0 with that late 2nd if they REALLY want a goalie in the 2nd round

Just saw Solberg ranked at #15 on Craig Button’s list. He’s starting to shoot up on some of the well respected lists, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go around #14.
May 22 at 7:35 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: DFinn91
Just saw Solberg ranked at #15 on Craig Button’s list. He’s starting to shoot up on some of the well respected lists, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go around #14.

Wait... are you counting Button as well respected? He's a clownball.
May 22 at 7:43 p.m.
CTN HOCKEY
I'd be ok with the Sharks taking Solberg at 33
May 22 at 7:47 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Wait... are you counting Button as well respected? He's a clownball.

Haha fair. I guess we’ll just have to see where he’s at when Bob McKenzies updates list come out.
May 28 at 2:12 p.m.
FWIW Solberg just came in at 12 in the Athletic’s most recent rankings.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll