Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 3
      $10,500,000$10,500,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      $778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW, C
      UFA - 1
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      RW
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      $4,550,000$4,550,000
      C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $5,275,000$5,275,000
      RW
      NMC
      UFA - 3
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      RW, LW
      UFA
      $925,000$925,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      C, LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $5,538,462$5,538,462
      LD
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      $650,000$650,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      G
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 2
      $4,250,000$4,250,000
      LD
      UFA - 5
      $6,875,000$6,875,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $872,500$872,500
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $3,850,000$3,850,000
      RD
      UFA - 4

Special Teams

Penalty Kill 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:41 p.m.
      Losing two RHD while adding a lefty. Sounds about right, no pun intended. For his sake, I hope Jack can keep most of that $16M after taxes unlike how he was looted from much of his earnings in his last deal.
      Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:38 p.m.
      I'm always perplexed when people put Pokka in a trade. He has no trade value.
      The Blue Jackets are in second place so I think they'd want something other than future value for Jack Johnson. I think they'd want some help for this year.

And, I don't catch a lot of Blue Jackets games, but given his poor possession numbers and lack of scoring, I'm not sure the Blackhawks should trade for him.
      Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:50 p.m.
      Werenski's Warriors
      Quoting: RamonDaze
      I'm always perplexed when people put Pokka in a trade. He has no trade value.
      The Blue Jackets are in second place so I think they'd want something other than future value for Jack Johnson. I think they'd want some help for this year.

And, I don't catch a lot of Blue Jackets games, but given his poor possession numbers and lack of scoring, I'm not sure the Blackhawks should trade for him.

Yeah hes brutal lol he was fantastic last year but i have no clue what happened to him this year
      Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:56 p.m.
      Chicago
      I don't know why you'd trade Rutta he's been one of the best D on the team this year. Hawks need him.
      graderman liked this.
      Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:26 p.m.
      Quoting: NickC1988
      I don't know why you'd trade Rutta he's been one of the best D on the team this year. Hawks need him.
      Agree! If they are interested in Johnson, he will hit the market on 7/1. The Hawks are not a playoff team this season. Bowman should lay low and wait until the off season this time. Moving $2.8/1 more year for a pending RFA was a real good trade for next year. He needs to rid the Hawks of the cap hits that actually are tradable. Panik was one of those. Anisimov soon will be. Strangely, Saad is another guy who should be moved, simply because he can be. The present higher priced underachievers are nearly impossible to trade, either because of clauses, cap hits or recapture penalties. I said this on another site about 4-5 years ago, even before THE contracts were signed -- Chicago would be playing 4-8 rookies/ELC guys going forward. Others on that site ridiculed that notion yet here we are. No plan, Stan. Thankful for his role in the Cups but this team is all but finished having parades.
      Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:37 p.m.
      Chicago
      Quoting: graderman
      Agree! If they are interested in Johnson, he will hit the market on 7/1. The Hawks are not a playoff team this season. Bowman should lay low and wait until the off season this time. Moving $2.8/1 more year for a pending RFA was a real good trade for next year. He needs to rid the Hawks of the cap hits that actually are tradable. Panik was one of those. Anisimov soon will be. Strangely, Saad is another guy who should be moved, simply because he can be. The present higher priced underachievers are nearly impossible to trade, either because of clauses, cap hits or recapture penalties. I said this on another site about 4-5 years ago, even before THE contracts were signed -- Chicago would be playing 4-8 rookies/ELC guys going forward. Others on that site ridiculed that notion yet here we are. No plan, Stan. Thankful for his role in the Cups but this team is all but finished having parades.

I agree with you. Arty has to go, I personally wanted to see Panarin get traded for one of Carolina's stud D men. I was excited to see Saad back, but he is a shell of his old self (Only 24!). Toews needs to figure out how to be deadly offensively again. The D core is a mess. Seabrook needs a role reduction.
      graderman liked this.
      Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:17 a.m.
      I agree with you. Arty has to go, I personally wanted to see Panarin get traded for one of Carolina's stud D men. I was excited to see Saad back, but he is a shell of his old self (Only 24!). Toews needs to figure out how to be deadly offensively again. The D core is a mess. Seabrook needs a role reduction.
      Honestly, has Toews ever been a truly elite offensive guy? He was perhaps the best two way center for a number of years but he's paled in comparison, scoring-wise, compared to a half dozen or so other centers, IMO. Seabrook does need a role reduction; like eating nachos and texting all game!! I've wondered if it would be legal to have him retire as a player but for the Hawks to keep in some capacity and continue to pay him apart from the cap books? No buyout, no trying to trade him; just get out of his hockey uniform and into an Armani!
      Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:24 a.m.
      Chicago
      Honestly, has Toews ever been a truly elite offensive guy? He was perhaps the best two way center for a number of years but he's paled in comparison, scoring-wise, compared to a half dozen or so other centers, IMO. Seabrook does need a role reduction; like eating nachos and texting all game!! I've wondered if it would be legal to have him retire as a player but for the Hawks to keep in some capacity and continue to pay him apart from the cap books? No buyout, no trying to trade him; just get out of his hockey uniform and into an Armani!

Toews did have a 76 point season in 10-11 (80 GP). He's done it before. I just wonder what keeps him from being more consistent like Kane sometimes. I wish we could dump Seabs like that. His value was sky high in his contract year. A team like EDM would've paid up for him.
      Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:36 a.m.
      Toews did have a 76 point season in 10-11 (80 GP). He's done it before. I just wonder what keeps him from being more consistent like Kane sometimes. I wish we could dump Seabs like that. His value was sky high in his contract year. A team like EDM would've paid up for him.
      I've said this to anyone who listened -- Bowman should have traded Seabrook in the '15 off season, not Sharp! Seabrook didn't even have the NMC yet. He had a lot of value at that time, more than Sharpie. The Hawks were in the midst of losing their top 4 LWers during that time. Johns, although he was not nearly ready, was a high draft pick and had a year of development in Rockford. I had high hopes of him being Seabrook's heir apparent. The extension to Seabs virtually nullified any chances Chicago would have had since he signed.
      Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:39 a.m.
      Chicago
      I've said this to anyone who listened -- Bowman should have traded Seabrook in the '15 off season, not Sharp! Seabrook didn't even have the NMC yet. He had a lot of value at that time, more than Sharpie. The Hawks were in the midst of losing their top 4 LWers during that time. Johns, although he was not nearly ready, was a high draft pick and had a year of development in Rockford. I had high hopes of him being Seabrook's heir apparent. The extension to Seabs virtually nullified any chances Chicago would have had since he signed.

I agree 100 percent. Johns is outperforming Seabrook at this point at a fraction of the cost. (Literally like 10% of the cost). That money could've been so useful.
      graderman liked this.
      Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:53 a.m.
      Toews compares favorably to Bergeron, who incidentally has a cap hit of almost $4M less! Both are trusted/depended upon in all situations which most likely affects their scoring. Guys like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, even Thornton and Zetterberg in their primes produced better scoring stats because the may have not been counted on to do all of the other things all of the time. Another like guy is Kopitar who has led the Kings in scoring many years in addition to being a perennial Selke nominee.
      Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:00 a.m.
      I agree 100 percent. Johns is outperforming Seabrook at this point at a fraction of the cost. (Literally like 10% of the cost). That money could've been so useful.
      I remember seeing him live at Northern Michigan University when he was with Notre Dame. Big, nasty, surprisingly fast and agile, tough, leader. Nill took Bowman to the cleaners yet no one knew it! He probably envisioned coaching against Johns within the division for many years to come and decided Dallas would be better served acquiring Johns instead! That's my opinion anyways! I will say Johns is still raw and most likely will never be a top pair guy. Yet, like you alluded, he will also be affordable and would have allowed Bowman to seek a long term top RHD.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll