Forums/Armchair-GM

Russian Collusion gets Toews rolling.

Created by: HawksFan28
Team: 2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 19, 2018
Published: Feb. 19, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
It's a bit "outside of the box" thinking, however Kovalchuk & Voynov are still very good players and both would be an excellent fit with this Hawks team moving forward.

I have issues with Kovalchuk's flakiness, but as a hockey player he would be ideal playing next to Toews - I think that may be the guy that could get Toews going again. At the right price It certainly could payoff big for the Hawks.

I LTIR Crawford because I have no idea what is going on with him and his vertigo so Crawford on LTIR next season may be very well likely.

I think a duo of Hutton & Lehtonen would workout if it turns out Crawford is not healthy enough to come back next season. I also think the Hawks could get both for 2 per each, so in the event that Crawford does come back the Hawks could trade one rather easily or at the very worse send one to Rockford.

If Pittsburgh is interested in Anisimov, I think a Hagelin + a 2nd (#50-55) would benefit both sides.

Trevor van Riemsdyk & Dan Hamhuis are experienced defenseman - exactly the type of defensemen the Hawks have clearly been missing this season....

I'm not going to even get into the Hossa trade, if you don't understand why a team would want him and give up assets for him -- well he's the difference between a profit and a loss for some teams.. He also gets teams over the cap floor for pocket change in real salary.

I suppose that explains my thinking for assembling the team the way I did, and I really like the look of it - especially with Kovalchuk playing LW with Toews... That may be the fire he needs to break out again and be the player he can be..

Regardless this team could win a Cup, it has all the right pieces and it's a super-super deep team...

Look at that 4th line: Hagelin-Vermette- Wingles, how could you go wrong with that?

This is by far the best team I have made.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,200,000
2$1,200,000
2$1,200,000
1$1,000,000
2$1,000,000
2$1,750,000
2$1,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Kovalchuk, Ilya
1$4,500,000
Voynov, Slava
1$3,000,000
1$1,750,000
1$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
1$1,750,000
6$6,000,000
1$2,000,000
1$2,000,000
1$2,000,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Crouse, Lawson
  2. 2019 2nd round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Hossa, Marián
Additional Details:
Hossa's 1 million dollar salary + cap hit of 5.275 is going to be attractive to teams that need to hit the cap floor but don't want to spend cash doing it.... Honestly I think Hossa could potentially get more if there are several teams that need to ht the cap floor but are strapped on cash.. Hossa's contract is literally the different between profit and a loss for a team.
CHI
  1. Hagelin, Carl
  2. 2019 2nd round pick (PIT)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$82,000,000$70,424,295$1,232,500$982,500$11,575,705
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Kovalchuk, Ilya
$4,500,000$4,500,000
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, LW
UFA
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
Voynov, Slava
$3,000,000$3,000,000
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 19, 2018 at 3:36 a.m.
HawksFan28
Addendum:

- That 1st line could score at will.
- That 2nd line could do just as much damage as the first.
- That 3rd line is would be one of the fastest in the league. All those guys can fly like they've been shot out of a cannon.
- That 4th line can shut any teams 1st or 2nd lines down.

A team like this would be a shoe in for the Cup.

C'mon Bowman make it happen, lol..

The best part is that team is comprised of basically all UFA's with the exception of Hagelin, but I don't think Bowman would have too much trouble pulling off that trade.. If it's off it's not off by much.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 3:54 a.m.
Stars
Doubt that Voynov will return to NHL. He was fired or something from LA Kings after those domestic violence charges back in 2015, if I recall correctly.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 5:26 a.m.
You really don't understand the cap floor do you? Other teams have paid Arizona and Las Vegas players and picks to along with players on LTIR, Arizona and Vegas don't give up players an picks. With Hossa he might return, and wouldn't waive his NMC to go to Arizona anyway. And if he's on LTIR, it really doesn't make any difference to the Coyotes or Hawks Being on LTIR doesn't really hurt a teams cap anyway. Arizona doesn't need any additional "dead bodies" to reach the cap floor, they are fine.
greasy liked this.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 7:33 a.m.
Quoting: Starsfan98
Doubt that Voynov will return to NHL. He was fired or something from LA Kings after those domestic violence charges back in 2015, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, a wife beater probably isn't welcomed back into the NHL, but anything can happen I guess.

If the rumors are true about Kovalchuk, i think he goes to NYR not the Blackhawks. He liked it on the east coast previously
Feb. 19, 2018 at 1:44 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: orignalsix
You really don't understand the cap floor do you? Other teams have paid Arizona and Las Vegas players and picks to along with players on LTIR, Arizona and Vegas don't give up players an picks. With Hossa he might return, and wouldn't waive his NMC to go to Arizona anyway. And if he's on LTIR, it really doesn't make any difference to the Coyotes or Hawks Being on LTIR doesn't really hurt a teams cap anyway. Arizona doesn't need any additional "dead bodies" to reach the cap floor, they are fine.

You really don't understand that Hossa has a salary of 1 million dollars and a cap hit of 5.275 do you?

No you don't and you will still be confused this summer when Hossa brings an asset back to the Hawks... Perhaps the concept that Hossa saves a team 4.275 in cash profit is just way too difficult for you to get...
Feb. 19, 2018 at 5:55 p.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
You really don't understand that Hossa has a salary of 1 million dollars and a cap hit of 5.275 do you?

No you don't and you will still be confused this summer when Hossa brings an asset back to the Hawks... Perhaps the concept that Hossa saves a team 4.275 in cash profit is just way too difficult for you to get...

This would be first time in history this type of trade happens.....and that is why it doesn't. Oh, Hossa has NMC, he's not spending his last playing days in Arizona. Now if Hossa was guaranteed to be LTIR the rest of his career which certainly is iffy, Hossa and Arizona might be the trade...but Arizona still get the sweetener. Arizona is getting to the cap floor without Hossa now.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 6:13 p.m.
HawksFan28
Edited Feb. 19, 2018 at 6:20 p.m.
This would be first time in history this type of trade happens.....and that is why it doesn't. Oh, Hossa has NMC, he's not spending his last playing days in Arizona. Now if Hossa was guaranteed to be LTIR the rest of his career which certainly is iffy, Hossa and Arizona might be the trade...but Arizona still get the sweetener. Arizona is getting to the cap floor without Hossa now.

No, you cant wrap your head around why a 5.275 cap hit for a 1 million dollar salary would be attractive to Arizona can you?

Do you understand the less a team spends on salary the more money they make? can you understand why a 5.275 cap hit is good at 1 million in salary?

With Hossa the team automatically - by de facto - earns 4.275 in profit?

How much do you think 4.275 in profit every year for the next 3 years is worth to a cash strapped team like Arizona.... Hossa would save Arizona $ 12,825,000 over the next 3 seasons and you think that is worth nothing???

Do you even understand what I am saying?

Also, Arizona has $43,566,943 in cap with 15 players signed.. You better believe the cap floor is going up to at least 65,000,000 due to the Vegas revenue ....

How do you plan on spending 22,000,000 on 10 players????

You can bet Hossa and his cheap 1 million dollar salary with his 5.275 cap hit would be extremely appealing to Arizona..
Feb. 20, 2018 at 8:26 a.m.
No, you cant wrap your head around why a 5.275 cap hit for a 1 million dollar salary would be attractive to Arizona can you?

Do you understand the less a team spends on salary the more money they make? can you understand why a 5.275 cap hit is good at 1 million in salary?

With Hossa the team automatically - by de facto - earns 4.275 in profit?

How much do you think 4.275 in profit every year for the next 3 years is worth to a cash strapped team like Arizona.... Hossa would save Arizona $ 12,825,000 over the next 3 seasons and you think that is worth nothing???

Do you even understand what I am saying?

Also, Arizona has $43,566,943 in cap with 15 players signed.. You better believe the cap floor is going up to at least 65,000,000 due to the Vegas revenue ....

How do you plan on spending 22,000,000 on 10 players????

You can bet Hossa and his cheap 1 million dollar salary with his 5.275 cap hit would be extremely appealing to Arizona..

You're the one that doesn't understand. The only way Arizona pays a 1m if is Hossa waives his NMC for Arizona. Arizona isn't waiving his NMC for Arizona. Now explain that?

What was the cap floor this season. 53m, with an cap increase of 5m, the cap floor would rise 3.5m. to OK 57m. You're just lying to saying that the cap floor is going to rise 12m to justify your argument. Certainly the cap isn't going to 75 to 90m. The cap floor is a % of the top cap. The cap is expected to be 80m

So the using accurate figure of 57m floor, Arizona has 14m to sign 10 players to reach the cap.

In what world do you believe Hossa is going to waive his NMC actually play in Arizona. And if Hossa is going to stay on LTIR, it really doesn't affect the Hawks cap at all

This site is CapFriendly. You should stick to fantasy roto games. Your theories have no practically reality in NHL trades. I think you know it, but maybe have never have been told you wrong before, so it's too tough for you to adjust.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 3:04 p.m.
HawksFan28
You're the one that doesn't understand. The only way Arizona pays a 1m if is Hossa waives his NMC for Arizona. Arizona isn't waiving his NMC for Arizona. Now explain that?

What was the cap floor this season. 53m, with an cap increase of 5m, the cap floor would rise 3.5m. to OK 57m. You're just lying to saying that the cap floor is going to rise 12m to justify your argument. Certainly the cap isn't going to 75 to 90m. The cap floor is a % of the top cap. The cap is expected to be 80m

So the using accurate figure of 57m floor, Arizona has 14m to sign 10 players to reach the cap.

In what world do you believe Hossa is going to waive his NMC actually play in Arizona. And if Hossa is going to stay on LTIR, it really doesn't affect the Hawks cap at all

This site is CapFriendly. You should stick to fantasy roto games. Your theories have no practically reality in NHL trades. I think you know it, but maybe have never have been told you wrong before, so it's too tough for you to adjust.

If Hossa went to Arizona he wouldn't play, so why wouldn't he waive his NMC? why? is there a reason for him not to? no. The only possible reason would be if he thinks he can play, but if Hossa doesn't make a return to the Hawks this fall he will never play again... He's 39, and rarely do players take 2 years off and come back at that age... The only player(s) that I know of that did are Gordie Howe, Guy Lafleur & Claude Lemieux.... So the chances of Hossa coming back after next season are slim to none.

Also, we can speculate about the cap floor all you like, but NO NUMBERS have been released yet.. Then you call me a liar when your speculation is no better than mine? lol

The notion Arizona wouldn't be interested in a 4.275 cap circumvention is asinine. ANY team in Arizona's position would be attracted to Hossa's contract because it's cap security - and it's not only about this season. Hossa is singed for 3 more years.... Funny part is Arizona has expiring UFA's a year from now, how do you expect to be able to trade them at the TDL? oh right, you cant because you would go under cap...

Hossa's contract would be ideal for Arizona, and you're doing nothing more than concocting any reason you can think to claim it's not..

Hossa doesn't have to be traded by the Blackhawks, teams at the cap floor are going to want him because Hossa's contract allows teams to take on a nice cap hit with a minimal 1 million dollar salary, and the difference between Hossa's salary and cap hit would be all profit to a team, that or it would allow a team to spend more than they otherwise would - either way Hossa's contract is a monetary asset...
Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:17 p.m.
If Hossa went to Arizona he wouldn't play, so why wouldn't he waive his NMC? why? is there a reason for him not to? no. The only possible reason would be if he thinks he can play, but if Hossa doesn't make a return to the Hawks this fall he will never play again... He's 39, and rarely do players take 2 years off and come back at that age... The only player(s) that I know of that did are Gordie Howe, Guy Lafleur & Claude Lemieux.... So the chances of Hossa coming back after next season are slim to none.

Also, we can speculate about the cap floor all you like, but NO NUMBERS have been released yet.. Then you call me a liar when your speculation is no better than mine? lol

The notion Arizona wouldn't be interested in a 4.275 cap circumvention is asinine. ANY team in Arizona's position would be attracted to Hossa's contract because it's cap security - and it's not only about this season. Hossa is singed for 3 more years.... Funny part is Arizona has expiring UFA's a year from now, how do you expect to be able to trade them at the TDL? oh right, you cant because you would go under cap...

Hossa's contract would be ideal for Arizona, and you're doing nothing more than concocting any reason you can think to claim it's not..

Hossa doesn't have to be traded by the Blackhawks, teams at the cap floor are going to want him because Hossa's contract allows teams to take on a nice cap hit with a minimal 1 million dollar salary, and the difference between Hossa's salary and cap hit would be all profit to a team, that or it would allow a team to spend more than they otherwise would - either way Hossa's contract is a monetary asset...

This is been about the "trick you have your sleeve". But it still makes no sense. Coyotes do not help to get to the floor. But if they did, they could go to Vegas who has Clarkson on permanent LTIR. and it wouldn't cost them any money at all....certainly not the 1m you're talking about.

Oh my god, then you refute what I said the cap would next year. It's going to be about 80m according to Bettman. The cap floor is about 70% of the cap by the so by that it's going to be about 56m or so. You pulled 65m out of the air just to support your stupid Hossa trade.
There are zillions of trade opportunities to be made on this sight, it would be nice if you tried to make one that sense.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 10:45 p.m.
HawksFan28
This is been about the "trick you have your sleeve". But it still makes no sense. Coyotes do not help to get to the floor. But if they did, they could go to Vegas who has Clarkson on permanent LTIR. and it wouldn't cost them any money at all....certainly not the 1m you're talking about.

Oh my god, then you refute what I said the cap would next year. It's going to be about 80m according to Bettman. The cap floor is about 70% of the cap by the so by that it's going to be about 56m or so. You pulled 65m out of the air just to support your stupid Hossa trade.
There are zillions of trade opportunities to be made on this sight, it would be nice if you tried to make one that sense.

Why would Arizona acquire Carkson? what, so they can pay his 7 million dollar salary LOL?

You seriously don't get what I'm saying do you?

Do you comprehend any of this?

Hossa: 1 million dollar salary, 5.275 cap hit.
Clarkson: 7 million dollar salary, 5.2 million dollar cap hit.

Notice the difference?

Do you understand WHY Hossa has a unique contract? do you NOT understand that whomever trades for Hossa will get a 5.275 million dollar cap hit for 1 million in salary..

It's like the salaries go over your head when the salaries are the POINT of my argument.
Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:10 a.m.
Edited Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:30 a.m.
Why would Arizona acquire Carkson? what, so they can pay his 7 million dollar salary LOL?

You seriously don't get what I'm saying do you?

Do you comprehend any of this?

Hossa: 1 million dollar salary, 5.275 cap hit.
Clarkson: 7 million dollar salary, 5.2 million dollar cap hit.

Notice the difference?

Do you understand WHY Hossa has a unique contract? do you NOT understand that whomever trades for Hossa will get a 5.275 million dollar cap hit for 1 million in salary..

It's like the salaries go over your head when the salaries are the POINT of my argument.

That's your problems the only hockey player you know is Hossa. Sorry bud there are 31 teams in the NHL. As I wrote earlier, Clarkson is permanently on LTIR, full insured. So if the Coyotes wanted to bump up their cap for they no reason to now, they could acquire Clarkson and it wouldn't cost them 1m a year, which you say it cost them in Hossa money. Yes I get that. It's easy, even you can figure it.
Wow, you just don't understand any thing about any other teams or their players they you can't see straight.
The point is the Coyotes do not need any part of Hossa's dead money. You proved in your early statements you don't know or even care what the cap floor is. It's all you trying to make a useless trade that never the Coyotes need or want and if Hossa stays on LTIR, it's no different to the Hawks. And even if Hossa resumes "playing" the Coyotes don't need his cap hit.
How can you lie to me or to yourself that Arizona needs Hossa cap hit of 5m which cost 1m.? They don't, only you think they do. As I suggested if Arizona wanted they could just acquire Clarkson which is 5.25m cap hit but doesn't cost them any money. It this the only trade you can think of, cause you hold onto so dearly. But it's useless.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll