Forums/Armchair-GM

OEL trade

Created by: Dylan1995
Team: 2017-18 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 4, 2018
Published: Mar. 4, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I could add more if it's not fair but I think this could be a good deal for Arizona gives them a young d man in klefbom with a good long contract a centre and dylan older brother to play with a good prospect an a top 5 pick
Trades
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$75,000,000$61,934,164$825,000$8,190,000$13,065,836
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$650,000$650,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 4
$821,666$821,666 (Performance Bonus$320,000$320K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RW
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 4
$4,166,666$4,166,666
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,062,500$1,062,500
G
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$145,000$145K)
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:18 p.m.
BigBeardBurns
Thats a spicy ? deal right there!!
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:20 p.m.
Quoting: BigBeardBurns
Thats a spicy ? deal right there!!

You like it or not enough?
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:21 p.m.
BigBeardBurns
Quoting: Dylan1995
You like it or not enough?

I like it because it’s unpredictable and not extremely lopsided at 1st
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:24 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
In theory, I think Arizona should be open to the idea of OEL for Klefbom, especially if that first rounder is included. The biggest reason why I'd hesitate if I were AZ is trading Fischer. He should develop into a solid 2nd line power forward, so the Coyotes would probably want to drop Jones and Strome from the trade and just make it Klefbom plus the first.

But really solid idea. I like where your head's at.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
The deal could probably happen. But I would rather see
18/19
Nurse Larsson
Klefbom Benning
Sekera Russell

Summer 2019 Sekera and Russell provide their trade lists and we trade em

19/20
Nurse Larsson
Klefbom Bear
Jones Benning
Basically developed from within, and didn't give up any assets to do so.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:27 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
In theory, I think Arizona should be open to the idea of OEL for Klefbom, especially if that first rounder is included. The biggest reason why I'd hesitate if I were AZ is trading Fischer. He should develop into a solid 2nd line power forward, so the Coyotes would probably want to drop Jones and Strome from the trade and just make it Klefbom plus the first.

But really solid idea. I like where your head's at.

Thanks man I could add Benson to the trade maybe ? I like what Fischer brings to the team or I could do RNH klefbom and a first for dovark and OEL
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:28 p.m.
Quoting: Scott
The deal could probably happen. But I would rather see
18/19
Nurse Larsson
Klefbom Benning
Sekera Russell

Summer 2019 Sekera and Russell provide their trade lists and we trade em

19/20
Nurse Larsson
Klefbom Bear
Jones Benning
Basically developed from within, and didn't give up any assets to do so.

I agree but to bring a guy like OEL to the oilers you can't say no he brings some much an he is extremely talented if he can put 35 plus points up on Arizona imagine what he can do on a powerplay with mcdavid on it
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:30 p.m.
I don't know man, as an Oilers fan if we were trading our 1st round pick this year (probs a top 5 maybe even top 3 pick) I'd package that pick for a true elite tier 1 level defencemen.
although OEL is a stud I'd prefer a right handed shot.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:41 p.m.
Interesting deal. Might be able to get someone better depending on where the Oilers pick sits at. Solid deal tho
Dylan1995 liked this.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:45 p.m.
habs19
OEL finally leaves that trap
Dylan1995 liked this.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 11:00 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Thanks man I could add Benson to the trade maybe ? I like what Fischer brings to the team or I could do RNH klefbom and a first for dovark and OEL

That's an interesting idea too, adding RNH and Dvorak. I don't think that's something the Yotes would be open to, since Dvorak's ceiling is probably right around 60 points, which seems comparable to what Nuge's is, maybe a little less.

If I were the Coyotes, I'd think long and hard about the original deal, and then counter with something like this.

Edmonton Oilers
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Richard Panik

Arizona Coyotes
Oscar Klefbom
Ethan Bear
Tyler Benson
2018 1st round pick (EDM)

I just don't see a scenario where the Coyotes move Fischer at all. But again, the overall idea of the trade is really good. This is just my two cents, for whatever that's worth (prolly not a lot lmao).
Dylan1995 liked this.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 11:14 p.m.
Quoting: Lightbulb
I don't know man, as an Oilers fan if we were trading our 1st round pick this year (probs a top 5 maybe even top 3 pick) I'd package that pick for a true elite tier 1 level defencemen.
although OEL is a stud I'd prefer a right handed shot.

Hmm who you thinking of ?
Mar. 4, 2018 at 11:14 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
That's an interesting idea too, adding RNH and Dvorak. I don't think that's something the Yotes would be open to, since Dvorak's ceiling is probably right around 60 points, which seems comparable to what Nuge's is, maybe a little less.

If I were the Coyotes, I'd think long and hard about the original deal, and then counter with something like this.

Edmonton Oilers
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Richard Panik

Arizona Coyotes
Oscar Klefbom
Ethan Bear
Tyler Benson
2018 1st round pick (EDM)

I just don't see a scenario where the Coyotes move Fischer at all. But again, the overall idea of the trade is really good. This is just my two cents, for whatever that's worth (prolly not a lot lmao).

That wouldn't be bad either might have to take Benson out if we're taking panik but overall I'd love OEL
krakowitz liked this.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 11:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
idk, it really depends on the lottery. I'm guessing this move happens after the draft lottery? Because i like it if the pick isn't top 3. Fischer has underrated potential and Klefbom's kinda overrated, but it's still a great return. Also, Edmonton can re-sign OEL, who is also kind of underrated. Strome has potential but not as much in Edmonton. This makes it not too bad for the Oilers while still good for the Yotes. Jones is pretty good but wouldn't be a huge loss. This can help the Oilers be cup contenders. Not that it should definitely happen but it's a win-win and could work. Great trade!
Dylan1995 liked this.
Mar. 5, 2018 at 12:06 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
idk, it really depends on the lottery. I'm guessing this move happens after the draft lottery? Because i like it if the pick isn't top 3. Fischer has underrated potential and Klefbom's kinda overrated, but it's still a great return. Also, Edmonton can re-sign OEL, who is also kind of underrated. Strome has potential but not as much in Edmonton. This makes it not too bad for the Oilers while still good for the Yotes. Jones is pretty good but wouldn't be a huge loss. This can help the Oilers be cup contenders. Not that it should definitely happen but it's a win-win and could work. Great trade!

Thanks man I truly think the oilers will peruse OEL just not sure what the package would be with mcdavid contract coming into play we need to win now it'd be nice to draft boqvist but can't wait two or three years unless he's NHL ready
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 5, 2018 at 12:49 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Thanks man I truly think the oilers will peruse OEL just not sure what the package would be with mcdavid contract coming into play we need to win now it'd be nice to draft boqvist but can't wait two or three years unless he's NHL ready

I'm not kidding here, the Oilers are one of my top picks (if not my top pick, but i'm not predicting right now) for the cup next year. I think they're just having a bad year this year and the fact that they were good last year tells me they're not far away from being a really good team. They should be in win-now mode and this year should be the last time they miss the playoffs for a while. There were higher expectations for them this year and that stopped them, but now that the expectations are lower, they should be better next year, though i think they'll then know how to just play their game and not let high expectations stop them, and they should be able to make the playoffs year after year for a while. I think when you have McDavid, Draisaitl, Talbot, Larsson, and Klefbom (if this trade doesn't happen), as well as more good players, you're likely gonna win a cup or two if not even more. And with OEL that's an upgrade over Klefbom too. They're in win-now mode IMO, though they should also build for the future. OEL is still young-is and they can probably re-sign him if they trade for him so he should be there for a while.

I'm not sure how long OEL will be a top pairing d-man for. Probably a while though he likely won't be as good as he is now when he's in his late 30s. He'll probably be a guy who's just good enough to be considered a top pairing d-man, but he's on the younger side still. He's 26 right now and will be 27 next year, so it's a good add for the Oilers in my opinion as well as Fischer, who, as i already mentioned, has underrated potential and could be a great player in the NHL. This adds two more guys who could be key players for them, especially Ekman-Larsson. Fischer's only 20 so he could be a really good player as he's already getting almost a point every 2 games. For Arizona though, they get quite a bit for just those two guys. OEL is great and once again, Fischer could be a very good player, but that's a lot for them to get, so it's a win-win, however it only works if the pick isn't in the top 3. I don't think the Oilers should do this before the lottery, and they shouldn't do it if it's in the top 3 IMO, but otherwise i like it.
Dylan1995 liked this.
Mar. 5, 2018 at 1:14 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm not kidding here, the Oilers are one of my top picks (if not my top pick, but i'm not predicting right now) for the cup next year. I think they're just having a bad year this year and the fact that they were good last year tells me they're not far away from being a really good team. They should be in win-now mode and this year should be the last time they miss the playoffs for a while. There were higher expectations for them this year and that stopped them, but now that the expectations are lower, they should be better next year, though i think they'll then know how to just play their game and not let high expectations stop them, and they should be able to make the playoffs year after year for a while. I think when you have McDavid, Draisaitl, Talbot, Larsson, and Klefbom (if this trade doesn't happen), as well as more good players, you're likely gonna win a cup or two if not even more. And with OEL that's an upgrade over Klefbom too. They're in win-now mode IMO, though they should also build for the future. OEL is still young-is and they can probably re-sign him if they trade for him so he should be there for a while.

I'm not sure how long OEL will be a top pairing d-man for. Probably a while though he likely won't be as good as he is now when he's in his late 30s. He'll probably be a guy who's just good enough to be considered a top pairing d-man, but he's on the younger side still. He's 26 right now and will be 27 next year, so it's a good add for the Oilers in my opinion as well as Fischer, who, as i already mentioned, has underrated potential and could be a great player in the NHL. This adds two more guys who could be key players for them, especially Ekman-Larsson. Fischer's only 20 so he could be a really good player as he's already getting almost a point every 2 games. For Arizona though, they get quite a bit for just those two guys. OEL is great and once again, Fischer could be a very good player, but that's a lot for them to get, so it's a win-win, however it only works if the pick isn't in the top 3. I don't think the Oilers should do this before the lottery, and they shouldn't do it if it's in the top 3 IMO, but otherwise i like it.

I agree top 3 would most likely give us a NHL ready player whether it be dahlin zadina or boqvist I bet we get a lot of hate though for "tanking" even though I know the boys hate the fact they're doing this bad Talbot will have a better year Larsson isn't playing that well but his dad passed and it's been a lot for him we were missing sekera for two full months and then RNH for a long time so it's just a lot I think PC will use draft picks to get a good man he loaded up with three third round picks so will see what goes on but I agree OEL would be a massive add an he is just hitting his prime I bet he'd he 50 plus points with the oilers
Mar. 5, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I agree top 3 would most likely give us a NHL ready player whether it be dahlin zadina or boqvist I bet we get a lot of hate though for "tanking" even though I know the boys hate the fact they're doing this bad Talbot will have a better year Larsson isn't playing that well but his dad passed and it's been a lot for him we were missing sekera for two full months and then RNH for a long time so it's just a lot I think PC will use draft picks to get a good man he loaded up with three third round picks so will see what goes on but I agree OEL would be a massive add an he is just hitting his prime I bet he'd he 50 plus points with the oilers

It's not points i think he'll get, i think he's going to help them defensively. Sure, he could add some points too, but that's not why they'd bring him in. If they could they could try to go after OEL without using their 1st this year but if that doesn't work then this deal works, and this deal works better for Arizona anyway. If the Oilers keep their pick, which they likely will (i'm just saying there are a lot of options. Idk if this trade (or a trade like it) is the #1 option or not, but either way, it's a great deal for both teams), then they may try to get a forward if they can get OEL without giving up their 1st, but i don't think they will. If it's in the top 3 they can keep it and draft someone. I mean, they'd take Dahlin 1st i think, but if they got 2nd they'd likely take Svechnikov or someone like that. I thought Boqvist had fallen off a bit on a lot of people's draft rankings. Is he still a possible #2 pick? Are a lot of people still putting him there? Either way, i'm a bit surprised you didn't put Svechnikov on that list, he's supposed to be pretty good.

If the Oilers get 1st overall, they should probably trade it because 1st overall picks keep stopping them from having a good season (lol, jk). Really though, i think if the Oilers get 1st overall there's no reason to trade for Ekman-Larsson even if they don't need to give up the 1st overall pick because they could get Dahlin. But you have to remember Arizona will have a high pick too, so if Arizona somehow finds a way to offer the Oilers OEL and their pick (let's say 3rd, 4th, 5th, or somewhere around there), then the Oilers have to consider it. Even if they don't do it they should consider it. Because then they get OEL, and even though they wouldn't get Dahlin, OEL is still pretty good.

So if they get Ekman-Larsson instead of Dahlin, then they would also get someone like Svechnikov maybe, or at least some forward, maybe a winger for McDavid. I think the Oilers should go after Michael Grabner in the offseason, because he'd be a good winger for McDavid. They need someone who is fast and can keep up with him. However, the weird part is that playing McDavid with Lucic last year didn't stop them from making the playoffs, though they're not looking like a playoff team this year. Maybe Lucic wasn't a bit fit with McDavid, but i don't know what'll work and what won't. Grabner might be a better fit with them. So anyway, good trade, there are just other options for both teams too.
Dylan1995 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2018 at 8:35 p.m.
Hmm who you thinking of ?

A long shot but someone like Karlsson

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll