Forums/Armchair-GM

Goalies will determine the Off-Season/Next Season

Created by: thepmofgreece
Team: 2018-19 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 7, 2018
Published: Mar. 7, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think the club believes the goalies on the current NHL/AHL roster are not the one that will be the future of this team. Plus by not making any crazy moves, in the off-season, you have the ability to take on a crazy contract because you have cap flexibility and pieces to move in the AHL/CHL and overseas.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$2,500,000
3$4,500,000
3$1,250,000
3$1,250,000
3$1,000,000
3$1,000,000
Trades
PHI
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (CGY)
PHI
  1. 2019 5th round pick (CAR)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$78,000,000$58,115,834$0$4,537,500$19,884,166

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$2,350,000$2,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
C
RFA - 4
$3,975,000$3,975,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$962,500$962,500
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$2,345,000$2,345,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD, LW
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:56 a.m.
BigBeardBurns
Wish Elliott and Neu could get u more...
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:58 a.m.
thepmofgreece
Quoting: BigBeardBurns
Wish Elliott and Neu could get u more...

I do too. The only reason why I think they don't is the market will be flooded with what they are. Decent starters/stop gap starters.
Mar. 12, 2018 at 3:15 p.m.
No way Stolarz gets paid that much. With his injuries and the fact that he hasn’t played a game even in the AHL yet this season, he gets maybe 800K. I also think we resign Lyon for around 800K.this gives us 3 NHL goalies. Be it two of them are fairly unproved and the Flyers propensity for preferring veterans. Also I don’t really think it makes sense to buyout Lethera. Lethera is better than Umberger though not saying much, the Flyers won’t be near the top of the cap at all, and there’s no need to have Lethera on the books for another year like he would be if we buy him out. Your signings of Hagg, Morin, and Martel are a little high Hexy will get them down he’s really good at getting young players to take cheaper deals. It will be interesting to see if Frost makes the team, but I doubt it. So as far as the bottom six go I think Laughton moves to 3C and you can a lot in either Lethera or Vecchione as the 4C.
Mar. 13, 2018 at 9:59 a.m.
thepmofgreece
Quoting: JPM
No way Stolarz gets paid that much. With his injuries and the fact that he hasn’t played a game even in the AHL yet this season, he gets maybe 800K. I also think we resign Lyon for around 800K.this gives us 3 NHL goalies. Be it two of them are fairly unproved and the Flyers propensity for preferring veterans. Also I don’t really think it makes sense to buyout Lethera. Lethera is better than Umberger though not saying much, the Flyers won’t be near the top of the cap at all, and there’s no need to have Lethera on the books for another year like he would be if we buy him out. Your signings of Hagg, Morin, and Martel are a little high Hexy will get them down he’s really good at getting young players to take cheaper deals. It will be interesting to see if Frost makes the team, but I doubt it. So as far as the bottom six go I think Laughton moves to 3C and you can a lot in either Lethera or Vecchione as the 4C.

Why would Stolarz and Lyon take a pay cut? Stolarz is currently on the books for $925k and Lyon is on the books for $874k. I didn't do anything that I thought was out of line. As to your Frost comment, I can see him sticking around in Juniors one year, but like Provy, what else does he have to prove and he can't go to the AHL. The Lehtera buyout can go either way (or he can be burried in the AHL). The reason I bought him out so they would have only 23 on the roster (the max allowed). I had three healthy scratches (2 F and 1D) which is common in the NHL.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 5:27 p.m.
Quoting: thepmofgreece
Why would Stolarz and Lyon take a pay cut? Stolarz is currently on the books for $925k and Lyon is on the books for $874k. I didn't do anything that I thought was out of line. As to your Frost comment, I can see him sticking around in Juniors one year, but like Provy, what else does he have to prove and he can't go to the AHL. The Lehtera buyout can go either way (or he can be burried in the AHL). The reason I bought him out so they would have only 23 on the roster (the max allowed). I had three healthy scratches (2 F and 1D) which is common in the NHL.

That’s not the figure that Stolie and Lyon actually get paid their both on two way contracts. This means that their probably making something near 80K not 800K. The values you indicated would be if they played full time in the NHL, which Lyon hasn’t but the amount he takes home will probably be bigger than it would be because he has dressed for so many games as the backup. On top of this Stolie has not played a game since the middle of last season which means he’ll be lucky to get the same contract he has. Hexy has proven that he likes to be cheap on contracts when he can, ie ghost only got 4.5 mil a yr for 6 yrs. Stoalie not playing for most of the season means he’s not likely to get a raise and would be lucky to get a similar salary, especially when you consider he’s a bigger guy, with recurring knee injuries, it’s been proven that this tends to not go away and may get worse. So to recap pretty much any one way contract that Stoalie or Lyon signs is a huge raise because this means they will be paid the full amount at least 650K not their AHL salaries. With the other signings I ask you to consider that Laughton had a similar situation to Martel, Hagg, and Morin except he had more NHL experience than all 3 put together and look how Hexy handled his contract situation. Hexy gave Laughton a very team friendly deal, which would be less than you have Hagg, Martel and Morin making. While maybe Hagg gets a better deal, I don’t see Hexy paying Morin and Martel that given they lack NHL experience and he signed Laughton who had a full season the year before his contact expired in the NHL ( I think he played 73 games but you can check that). All I’m saying is the past shows how Hexy handles young players in their contract years and none of the players you have resigned should be making that much money. Hagg would be the only one that you have a good argument to say that Hexy pays much more than the deal he gave laughton. Even Weal had a lot more experience when he was resigned as compared to Morin and Martel. I do really like Frost but you again have to consider Hak and Hexy and how they handle younger players and their track record says that 95% of the time they will send the player down.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 6:47 p.m.
Banned
I agree with JPM. All those players other than Hägg will get 2-way deals only.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:11 p.m.
thepmofgreece
That’s not the figure that Stolie and Lyon actually get paid their both on two way contracts. This means that their probably making something near 80K not 800K. The values you indicated would be if they played full time in the NHL, which Lyon hasn’t but the amount he takes home will probably be bigger than it would be because he has dressed for so many games as the backup. On top of this Stolie has not played a game since the middle of last season which means he’ll be lucky to get the same contract he has. Hexy has proven that he likes to be cheap on contracts when he can, ie ghost only got 4.5 mil a yr for 6 yrs. Stoalie not playing for most of the season means he’s not likely to get a raise and would be lucky to get a similar salary, especially when you consider he’s a bigger guy, with recurring knee injuries, it’s been proven that this tends to not go away and may get worse. So to recap pretty much any one way contract that Stoalie or Lyon signs is a huge raise because this means they will be paid the full amount at least 650K not their AHL salaries. With the other signings I ask you to consider that Laughton had a similar situation to Martel, Hagg, and Morin except he had more NHL experience than all 3 put together and look how Hexy handled his contract situation. Hexy gave Laughton a very team friendly deal, which would be less than you have Hagg, Martel and Morin making. While maybe Hagg gets a better deal, I don’t see Hexy paying Morin and Martel that given they lack NHL experience and he signed Laughton who had a full season the year before his contact expired in the NHL ( I think he played 73 games but you can check that). All I’m saying is the past shows how Hexy handles young players in their contract years and none of the players you have resigned should be making that much money. Hagg would be the only one that you have a good argument to say that Hexy pays much more than the deal he gave laughton. Even Weal had a lot more experience when he was resigned as compared to Morin and Martel. I do really like Frost but you again have to consider Hak and Hexy and how they handle younger players and their track record says that 95% of the time they will send the player down.

I'm not opposed to them signing for less. I'm not in Hexy's head nor am I was going ballpark. I am aware of the AHL money being less for players, you just run the risk of someone maybe paying a little more for them. I'm not 100% sure how the RFA works, but I am assuming it is similar to the NFL, you can match the deal. I was more or less going with signing who I was signing knowing that I had lots of cap room and nothing to worry about short term (3 year deals don't cripple the team and they are easy to move considering the low number of the cap). I can see how you say I am high, but I don't think I am that high on each of them, let's agree on that. Thanks for the fair criticism.
JPM liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:25 p.m.
Quoting: thepmofgreece
I'm not opposed to them signing for less. I'm not in Hexy's head nor am I was going ballpark. I am aware of the AHL money being less for players, you just run the risk of someone maybe paying a little more for them. I'm not 100% sure how the RFA works, but I am assuming it is similar to the NFL, you can match the deal. I was more or less going with signing who I was signing knowing that I had lots of cap room and nothing to worry about short term (3 year deals don't cripple the team and they are easy to move considering the low number of the cap). I can see how you say I am high, but I don't think I am that high on each of them, let's agree on that. Thanks for the fair criticism.

Yeah I’m not saying their ridiculous by any means and I like your ideas of where the teams going, I think that they’re pretty on. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was our roster next season. And whenever Someone does these it’s hard to say what Hexy thinks but that’s basically what we’re doing. Also the way RFA’s work is that the teams get a week to match if they don’t match the team that signed the RFA sends over a draft pick based on the RFAs new salary. Just FYI.
thepmofgreece liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 9:35 p.m.
thepmofgreece
Yeah I’m not saying their ridiculous by any means and I like your ideas of where the teams going, I think that they’re pretty on. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was our roster next season. And whenever Someone does these it’s hard to say what Hexy thinks but that’s basically what we’re doing. Also the way RFA’s work is that the teams get a week to match if they don’t match the team that signed the RFA sends over a draft pick based on the RFAs new salary. Just FYI.

Okay...so very similar to how the NFL does their restricted free agents. That's what I thought. As to my roster, there are two real question marks, Frost (who I think literally has nothing else to prove in the OHL and this is why he would be up because he can't be in the AHL) and Mrazek (who he seems to be playing himself out of Philadelphia lately). If Frost doesn't come up, I think Laughton or Veccs takes that 3C role. I don't think they go and get someone unless they get a deal somewhere. Also, if Mrazek is not signed, look for Elliott to stay in the net for the Flyers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll