SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

What Every Team Needs

What Every Team Needs

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: BigBeardBurns
Published: Mar. 8, 2018 at 5:31 p.m.
Description
Gave Isles the Lottery win just to help them out so Tavy resigns because he would if Dahlin came to town, right?
Also, the draft is a complete crap shoot, so anyone of these guys could b draft steals or busts. Just remember that along with all I’m doing is trying to draft based on what I feel these teams need now position wise.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres
Mar. 8, 2018 at 6:32 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
no way Dobson drops that far down, at most I see him going 8th overall, and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes 4th. same for Bouchard, don't see how he can fall all the way to 29th when he's getting comparisons to Pietrangelo
Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:07 p.m.
BigBeardBurns
Quoting: Blazingbat11
no way Dobson drops that far down, at most I see him going 8th overall, and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes 4th. same for Bouchard, don't see how he can fall all the way to 29th when he's getting comparisons to Pietrangelo

I didnt know any of that stuff I just made this off of Capfriendly rankings and what teams needed
Mar. 8, 2018 at 9:26 p.m.
Go Canucks Go
EVERY TEAM NEEDS Rasmus Dahlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar. 8, 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
BigBeardBurns
Quoting: Burebure
EVERY TEAM NEEDS Rasmus Dahlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Tampa...
Mar. 8, 2018 at 9:57 p.m.
HawksFan28
The Hawks would draft Joe Veleno at #10..... Veleno is Q's wet dream of a player...
ricochetii liked this.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:05 p.m.
Go Canucks Go
Quoting: BigBeardBurns
What about Tampa...

Yes then too. Especially them. they could use the 3 years of entry level contract.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:13 p.m.
BigBeardBurns
Quoting: Burebure
Yes then too. Especially them. they could use the 3 years of entry level contract.

What about Nashville? Someone would b unhappy playing 3rd pair minutes!
Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:22 p.m.
Quoting: BigBeardBurns
What about Nashville? Someone would b unhappy playing 3rd pair minutes!

move Ellis! then you get three years of ELC Dahlin instead of having to pay Ellis big bucks next summer
Burebure liked this.
Mar. 9, 2018 at 1:24 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: HawksFan28
The Hawks would draft Joe Veleno at #10..... Veleno is Q's wet dream of a player...

Montreal might take him earlier. Depends how high they end up. Young, French, C prospect over 6' tall checks all the boxes for them.
Mar. 9, 2018 at 1:30 a.m.
Banned
Bouchard at 29 shows you have a 47th chromosome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar. 9, 2018 at 12:54 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: ricochetii
Montreal might take him earlier. Depends how high they end up. Young, French, C prospect over 6' tall checks all the boxes for them.

The Habs are at #5 presently. I know Veleno is a great prospect, and NHL ready player but Veleno is projected to go anywhere between 7 and 17 I've even read a few articles making a case that he could go on the second round - I think it's hyperbolic.. Sure, the kid got "exceptional status" - he didn't put up the offensive production to justify it and some have painted him a "bust" based on that alone, which IMO is ridiculous. How do you label a player a "bust" that hasn't even been drafted yet? lol

It will be interesting to see where he goes because he's all over the board.
Mar. 9, 2018 at 5:18 p.m.
Go Habs Go
The Habs are at #5 presently. I know Veleno is a great prospect, and NHL ready player but Veleno is projected to go anywhere between 7 and 17 I've even read a few articles making a case that he could go on the second round - I think it's hyperbolic.. Sure, the kid got "exceptional status" - he didn't put up the offensive production to justify it and some have painted him a "bust" based on that alone, which IMO is ridiculous. How do you label a player a "bust" that hasn't even been drafted yet? lol

It will be interesting to see where he goes because he's all over the board.

He does seem to be one of, if not the most widely ranged player available. I've suggested before that if the Habs don't finish top 3, they should consider trading down and taking Veleno. The only thing better than 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, is 6 picks in the first 2 rounds.
Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:57 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: ricochetii
He does seem to be one of, if not the most widely ranged player available. I've suggested before that if the Habs don't finish top 3, they should consider trading down and taking Veleno. The only thing better than 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, is 6 picks in the first 2 rounds.

Dude, you don't want to trade down in this draft the top 5 or perhaps maybe top 7 are all franchise players.

If you're picking #3 how can you not take one of Svechnikov, Zadina ,Boqvist or Tkachuk .... IMO those kids are franchise players..... Heck, If I'm Bowman I would love to swap #7 for #3. lol.
Mar. 9, 2018 at 9:06 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Dude, you don't want to trade down in this draft the top 5 or perhaps maybe top 7 are all franchise players.

If you're picking #3 how can you not take one of Svechnikov, Zadina ,Boqvist or Tkachuk .... IMO those kids are franchise players..... Heck, If I'm Bowman I would love to swap #7 for #3. lol.

Mostly because I don't trust current Habs ability to develop players. I'm not going to go into all of the reasons why, but you can look at their semi recent history to see that it is true. The other part of it is that they lack in quantity of high end prospects and the only way this management will get some higher skill, is if they have multiple picks, since they are not going to make those selections a priority.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll