Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$80,000,000$76,924,167$0$132,500$3,075,833
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $734,167$734,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $8,700,000$8,700,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      $925,000$925,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $1,875,000$1,875,000
      LW
      UFA - 1
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $5,300,000$5,300,000
      RW
      NTC
      UFA - 5
      $925,000$925,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $6,800,000$6,800,000
      RW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 4
      $690,000$690,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $2,075,000$2,075,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 1
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 4
      $800,000$800,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $800,000$800,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $4,875,000$4,875,000
      LD
      UFA - 8
      $7,000,000$7,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 8
      $3,750,000$3,750,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $4,100,000$4,100,000
      LD
      UFA - 5
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $675,000$675,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 3
      $1,500,000$1,500,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 3
      $650,000$650,000
      RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:10 p.m.
      If pens trade letang for that I will gladly burn my pens jersey and become a leafs fan. Also; I’d rather have maatta then Martinez; and I wouldn’t give up on Conor Sheary after one bad season. He was great for us last year and I believe he can be a consistent 50 point guy
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:12 p.m.
      I would say Yes as an Edmonton fan on the Sheary trade
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
      Lafreniere
      Quoting: mhockey91
      If pens trade letang for that I will gladly burn my pens jersey and become a leafs fan. Also; I’d rather have maatta then Martinez; and I wouldn’t give up on Conor Sheary after one bad season. He was great for us last year and I believe he can be a consistent 50 point guy

1) That’s not a bad package for Letang at all. A third line tweener who has potential plus a top four defenseman. And a 2nd to even out value. Letang has been a big liability all year, and he might cost us a playoff series if he keeps it up.

2) Maatta isn’t on my good side. He can’t win battles on the boards, he can’t win puck races, he can’t clear the net, he doesn’t block shots. Meanwhile, Martinez blocks shots, is a very good skater, and he has one of the best first passes, which is needed in our system.

3) It’s not giving up on Sheary. It’s for cap space.
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:23 p.m.
      Quoting: ShafferPens
      1) That’s not a bad package for Letang at all. A third line tweener who has potential plus a top four defenseman. And a 2nd to even out value. Letang has been a big liability all year, and he might cost us a playoff series if he keeps it up.

2) Maatta isn’t on my good side. He can’t win battles on the boards, he can’t win puck races, he can’t clear the net, he doesn’t block shots. Meanwhile, Martinez blocks shots, is a very good skater, and he has one of the best first passes, which is needed in our system.

1.) none of those guys can change a game the way letang does. And I understand you signed Carlson to replace letang but the odds of him signing in pit are slim to none. Without Carlson that’s a thin looking D core. Letangs underlying numbers this year are actually a lot stronger than you might expect. His on ice save % has been brutal.

2- if we were to trade maatta I wouldn’t move him for that. I’d move him for a younger player. I wouldn’t want to move a 23 year old for a 30 year old
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:34 p.m.
      Adomaitis
      Eek.

Carlson, no thanks after a career year collecting PP points.
      He’s not even the caps match up pair.

I’d take Letang any day

Also, Maatta has been great this year. Solid top 4 D on a good contract.

A lot of work to make an arguably weaker D core.

That Nashville Trade is pretty bad too. Jarry isn’t worth a first
      mhockey91 liked this.
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:42 p.m.
      Lafreniere
      1.) none of those guys can change a game the way letang does. And I understand you signed Carlson to replace letang but the odds of him signing in pit are slim to none. Without Carlson that’s a thin looking D core. Letangs underlying numbers this year are actually a lot stronger than you might expect. His on ice save % has been brutal.

2- if we were to trade maatta I wouldn’t move him for that. I’d move him for a younger player. I wouldn’t want to move a 23 year old for a 30 year old

1) You’re right, none of those guys constantly turn the puck over and allow goals. The Letang trade is also based on Carlson resigning anyway.

2) Age shouldn’t be a factor when comparing players with similar contracts.
      Quoting: Adamitis
      Eek.

Carlson, no thanks after a career year collecting PP points.
      He’s not even the caps match up pair.

I’d take Letang any day

Also, Maatta has been great this year. Solid top 4 D on a good contract.

A lot of work to make an arguably weaker D core.

That Nashville Trade is pretty bad too. Jarry isn’t worth a first

Maatta, great this year? I’m assuming you just stat watch.
      Carlson is a great skater + puck mover. Way better PPQB than Schultz and Letang as well. Also, Carlson has 35 even strength points and 31 PP points, both of which are great.
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:47 p.m.
      1) You’re right, none of those guys constantly turn the puck over and allow goals. The Letang trade is also based on Carlson resigning anyway.

Carlson is a great skater + puck mover. Way better PPQB than Schultz and Letang as well. Also, Carlson has 35 even strength points and 31 PP points, both of which are great.

Puck moving offensive D always turn over the puck more than stay at home guys. It’s just a fact. Letang is in a fine position. He’s been much better as of late compared to how he started this year. If you look at his underlying stats he’s actually having a great season.

Not a fan of Martinez though. Rather have maatta based on both age and talent.
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:58 p.m.
      Lafreniere
      Puck moving offensive D always turn over the puck more than stay at home guys. It’s just a fact. Letang is in a fine position. He’s been much better as of late compared to how he started this year. If you look at his underlying stats he’s actually having a great season.

Not a fan of Martinez though. Rather have maatta based on both age and talent.

I actually did an analysis on why Letang’s stats were so good, but he has been very bad. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/what-skews-kris-letangs-analytical-percentages-for-this-season.2458631/

Have you watched Martinez? Not insulting your intelligence, but the next time you watch the Kings, focus on him. He’s a really solid player, a player I’d like on the Penguins over Maatta.
      Apr. 2, 2018 at 11:43 p.m.
      Adomaitis

Dude I feel bad for you. Too far gone.
      Welcome to hockey though, hope u stick with it
      Apr. 3, 2018 at 12:10 a.m.
      Adomaitis
      I actually did an analysis on why Letang’s stats were so good, but he has been very bad. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/what-skews-kris-letangs-analytical-percentages-for-this-season.2458631/

Have you watched Martinez? Not insulting your intelligence, but the next time you watch the Kings, focus on him. He’s a really solid player, a player I’d like on the Penguins over Maatta.

Ya, Martinez is great. I’m rather him over Maatta too at least for this season and next, but the pens are not making that trade. Maatta has been really solid anyway. I don’t thk they see any reason to make a pretty lateral move there

That’s a interesting write up on Letang, but it’s not unexpected. Defenseman has best states with top players. Not to mention how bad the bottom six has been possession wise. Ur talking about minutes with Rowney Khunhackl Reaves and now a month of Kessel and Brassard getting buried. He brings the weaker Fs numbers up not down, relative Corsi, and Malkin and Crosby have their best results with him in the ice 5v5......then Maatta.

Not to mention his on ice sv% has been ****....
      If it was league average, he would be having a normal year
      ekpaul87 liked this.
      Apr. 3, 2018 at 12:51 a.m.
      Analytics are good

Trading Letang makes sense based on more than just his performance. He's on the wrong side of 30, making too much money for too long and it's clear that he isn't an untouchable on the team, however, I think they can get more for him. As for Maatta, he's isn't a player that can keep up with the pace of the league, remember in the ECF in 2017, he got roasted by BOBBY ******* RYAN and the pens lost that game, and in the SCF, he got dusted by PONTUS ABERG, all in all, I don't like his style of play either, he's still young, why not capitalize on his value??
      Apr. 3, 2018 at 12:56 a.m.
      Analytics are good
      Quoting: Adamitis
      Dude I feel bad for you. Too far gone.
      Welcome to hockey though, hope u stick with it

Why feel bad for him, all his points are valid, Leturnover (even though he's gotten better) is a liability, Maatta has the skating ability of a three-year-old, these trades save money, and then they can run at Carlson in FA
      Apr. 3, 2018 at 7:14 a.m.
      Lafreniere
      Quoting: PenGoater99
      Trading Letang makes sense based on more than just his performance. He's on the wrong side of 30, making too much money for too long and it's clear that he isn't an untouchable on the team, however, I think they can get more for him. As for Maatta, he's isn't a player that can keep up with the pace of the league, remember in the ECF in 2017, he got roasted by BOBBY ******* RYAN and the pens lost that game, and in the SCF, he got dusted by PONTUS ABERG, all in all, I don't like his style of play either, he's still young, why not capitalize on his value??

You are forgetting that he improved this regular season, but I would like to see him this postseason.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll