UFA - 2
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    LW, RW, C
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $894,166$894,166
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    C
    UFA - 2
    $875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $850,000$850,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,350,000$4,350,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,900,000$2,900,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 9, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
    Might get you Melker Karlsson but not Erik...I don't like the Toffoli trade. I'd like to see what stevens can do first
    May 9, 2018 at 3:02 p.m.
    Blues would rather keep Kostin and Kyrou rather than spend on EK. Plus Ottawa wouldn’t accept. Bergie isn’t worth a 2nd. Although I like Tyler Toffoli I wouldn’t give a 1st for him. And Sobotka and Jaskin are worth more than just a 4th
    May 11, 2018 at 5:32 p.m.
    bjprice
    Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
    Blues would rather keep Kostin and Kyrou rather than spend on EK. Plus Ottawa wouldn’t accept. Bergie isn’t worth a 2nd. Although I like Tyler Toffoli I wouldn’t give a 1st for him. And Sobotka and Jaskin are worth more than just a 4th

Berglund is paid 3.85 AAV

Martin Hanzal is paid 4.75 AAV

Martin Hanzal was a trade deadline move in 2016-17 which resulted in a 1st and 2nd.

Patrick Berglunds ATOI is higher than Hanzal, he records more goals per hour, points per hour.

Martin Hanzal is a negative shot generator. Patrick Berglund is a positive shot generator.

They are the same age.

Patrick Berglund is worth more than a 2nd.

Blues fans who do not understand hockey think Berglund sucks because picking on him is easy because nobody wants to defend something so inconsequential. Hes the 3rd line centre/winger. He earns less than 10% of the cap. No hockey team is made or broken by the 3rd line center, even when a division rival had to pay somebody 25% more who is much worse at hockey.

Hating on him makes you dumb. Nothing more. No offense personally meant. Do some research instead of joining the jerk that is propagated by people who have no idea how hockey works.
    May 11, 2018 at 8:59 p.m.
    Quoting: bjprice

Martin Hanzal was a trade deadline move in 2016-17 which resulted in a 1st and 2nd.

Patrick Berglunds ATOI is higher than Hanzal, he records more goals per hour, points per hour.

Martin Hanzal is a negative shot generator. Patrick Berglund is a positive shot generator.

They are the same age.

Blues fans who do not understand hockey think Berglund sucks because picking on him is easy because nobody wants to defend something so inconsequential. Hes the 3rd line centre/winger. He earns less than 10% of the cap. No hockey team is made or broken by the 3rd line center, even when a division rival had to pay somebody 25% more who is much worse at hockey.

Hating on him makes you dumb. Nothing more. No offense personally meant. Do some research instead of joining the jerk that is propagated by people who have no idea how hockey works.

You think I am hating on him? Okay 1 Berglund has been one of the most inconsistent players in the league his entire career. I played Hockey for 5-6 years. I know who is good and bad. I am not saying Bergie is a bad player not at all. He is inconsistent. As a GM for a different team would you want to give up a second round pick for a third line center? You are the one who doesn’t know hockey
    May 11, 2018 at 9:03 p.m.

They are the same age.

I have not takin any offense, but I am not trading a 2nd for an inconsistent player. If you look at his stats most of his points are at the beginning and end of the season.
    May 11, 2018 at 11:00 p.m.
    bjprice
    I have not takin any offense, but I am not trading a 2nd for an inconsistent player. If you look at his stats most of his points are at the beginning and end of the season.

The problem is teams need somebody to take 14-17 minutes of ice at third line center.

They’re all as bad as any player in their late 20s, early 30s who can only pull off a 3-5 mil aav contract.

Berglund is excellent for STL because he does that at such a small cap hit.

Hanzal shows that the value for this player is higher than a 2nd. It’s an upgrade Dallas was willing to use cap instead of the trade route for - and I guarantee they are not alone.

If Berglund were more consistent, he would cost more or have an elevated role - except you cannot have 5 mil aav players on your 3rd and 4th line and simultaneously have a competitive top 6 and top 4.

I didn’t intend the words I typed earlier to sound so personal - I have a thing against the circle jerk that is hate on players like Berglund or Sundqvist who are actually competitive advantages for STL and things that are desired by every single club in the league.
    May 11, 2018 at 11:04 p.m.
    The problem is teams need somebody to take 14-17 minutes of ice at third line center.

They’re all as bad as any player in their late 20s, early 30s who can only pull off a 3-5 mil aav contract.

Hanzal shows that the value for this player is higher than a 2nd. It’s an upgrade Dallas was willing to use cap instead of the trade route for - and I guarantee they are not alone.

If Berglund were more consistent, he would cost more or have an elevated role - except you cannot have 5 mil aav players on your 3rd and 4th line and simultaneously have a competitive top 6 and top 4.

I didn’t intend the words I typed earlier to sound so personal - I have a thing against the circle jerk that is hate on players like Berglund or Sundqvist who are actually competitive advantages for STL and things that are desired by every single club in the league.

No I understand. I’m just saying the Blues for the past 2 years have put him on scratch every once in a while because of his inconsistency. And he is a great player I mean he is in the NHL that alone shows what he is worth. Blues have been shopping Bergie for a long time. And if they just want him out of the organization so the younger guys can take over the role and grow i don’t think teams are going to think he is worth a 2nd especially if Blues were desperate
    May 11, 2018 at 11:10 p.m.

Which they aren’t desperate they just don’t feel his services are needed in Saint Louis anymore. Which is sad, but again it’s only business I think if Army thinks he is a key piece to the Blues Cup run then they will keep him. And I know Bergie has a really good relationship with Army, but I think he fit more in Ken Hitchcock’s style of offense better than he does in Mike Yeo’s and again nothing agaibst him but he is more of a slow pace griddy player which is why I really like him. That was also why i wanted blues to keep David Backes but this is a business and teams do what they feel is the best for the organization.
    May 11, 2018 at 11:12 p.m.
    Which they aren’t desperate they just don’t feel his services are needed in Saint Louis anymore. Which is sad, but again it’s only business I think if Army thinks he is a key piece to the Blues Cup run then they will keep him. And I know Bergie has a really good relationship with Army, but I think he fit more in Ken Hitchcock’s style of offense better than he does in Mike Yeo’s and again nothing agaibst him but he is more of a slow pace griddy player which is why I really like him. That was also why i wanted blues to keep David Backes but this is a business and teams do what they feel is the best for the organization.

That is also why I feel JBo and Bergie is Army top 2 priorities. Not trading them but making the decision to get picks for them or just wait until a good opportunity comes around or their contract is up.
    May 11, 2018 at 11:15 p.m.
    bjprice

Same applies to Gunnarson.

He’s an absolutely solid bottom pairing guy- and whether it’s here or twitter or Reddit it’s easy for people to completely discount what they provide.

Of course Gunnarson is not amazing. He makes less than 3 mil a year. He gets literally 0 pp time, nearly 0 time with guys like 91 or 27. His job isn’t that...yet every off season I read hundreds of people just trashing him, Berglund, etc.

If we’re going to ***** about this roster - Doug Armstrong needs to think about RW and LHD. We had Troy Brouwer - not great at hockey, filling 2RW roles and Boowemeister’s injury exposed our massive LHD depth void - if Dunn were not exceeding expectations STL would have been looking really good at the draft lottery.

The problems aren’t cost effective guys who aren’t stars - it is gigantic holes where players are much worse than average replacements at their respective jobs.
    May 11, 2018 at 11:23 p.m.
    Same applies to Gunnarson.

He’s an absolutely solid bottom pairing guy- and whether it’s here or twitter or Reddit it’s easy for people to completely discount what they provide.

Of course Gunnarson is not amazing. He makes less than 3 mil a year. He gets literally 0 pp time, nearly 0 time with guys like 91 or 27. His job isn’t that...yet every off season I read hundreds of people just trashing him, Berglund, etc.

If we’re going to ***** about this roster - Doug Armstrong needs to think about RW and LHD. We had Troy Brouwer - not great at hockey, filling 2RW roles and Boowemeister’s injury exposed our massive LHD depth void - if Dunn were not exceeding expectations STL would have been looking really good at the draft lottery.

The problems aren’t cost effective guys who aren’t stars - it is gigantic holes where players are much worse than average replacements at their respective jobs.

I do have to say tho. JBo is more of a offensive defenseman. He leaves Allen High and Dry almost all the time. This is why he was never put alongside Petro. But I played Goalie so I know what it is like when you are 2 or 3 players all on attack against only the goalie. That is very difficult.
    May 11, 2018 at 11:27 p.m.
    bjprice
    That is also why I feel JBo and Bergie is Army top 2 priorities. Not trading them but making the decision to get picks for them or just wait until a good opportunity comes around or their contract is up.

I personally believe, even with Robert Thomas coming next year, that STL should keep Berglund.

So let’s play this out:

Berg goes for a pick. A late 1st, or even a 5th - value not important.

Thomas takes 3C next year.

Thomas is decent. And the following year he’s looking at 2C.

Who plays 3C then? It’s 2 short years away in this hypothetical - we just roll with a rando at 14-17 min ATOI against top opposition? That rando gonna have positive Corsi and net 20? Doubtful.

Teams need guys who are less than stars.

I’ve seen many “trade for Tyler Johnson” posts, especially last year.

He’s a 20goal 3C who signed a 5aav 7 year contract and he’s even Corsi despite having absurd team depth. They’re all like this, except on teams with a lot of developing players who wish they had this “reliable” production at such an impactful role. These players do not make clubs great, but having no suitable replacement makes you a lottery pick.

The only reason TBL can sign bad contracts like this is because they’re able to convince enough players that their state tax benefits offset lower AAVs.
    May 11, 2018 at 11:35 p.m.
    I personally believe, even with Robert Thomas coming next year, that STL should keep Berglund.

So let’s play this out:

Berg goes for a pick. A late 1st, or even a 5th - value not important.

Thomas takes 3C next year.

Thomas is decent. And the following year he’s looking at 2C.

Who plays 3C then? It’s 2 short years away in this hypothetical - we just roll with a rando at 14-17 min ATOI against top opposition? That rando gonna have positive Corsi and net 20? Doubtful.

Teams need guys who are less than stars.

I’ve seen many “trade for Tyler Johnson” posts, especially last year.

He’s a 20goal 3C who signed a 5aav 7 year contract and he’s even Corsi despite having absurd team depth. They’re all like this, except on teams with a lot of developing players who wish they had this “reliable” production at such an impactful role. These players do not make clubs great, but having no suitable replacement makes you a lottery pick.

The only reason TBL can sign bad contracts like this is because they’re able to convince enough players that their state tax benefits offset lower AAVs.

Your forgetting that we have Barbashev, and Thompson and klim kostin as well.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll