Forums/Armchair-GM

Scorched Earth Rebuild

Created by: myteam
Team: 2018-19 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 8, 2018
Published: Jun. 10, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Trade everyone, take on bad contracts, stockpile picks & prospects. 3-4 year rebuild.
Trades
OTT
  1. Andersson, Rasmus
  2. Kylington, Oliver
  3. 2019 1st round pick (CGY)
CGY
    Rights to M Stone
    OTT
    1. Juulsen, Noah
    2. 2019 1st round pick (MTL)
    OTT
    1. Hunwick, Matt
    2. 2018 2nd round pick (PIT)
    3. 2019 1st round pick (PIT)
    Additional Details:
    Rights to D Sprong
    OTT
    1. Puljujärvi, Jesse
    2. 2018 1st round pick (EDM)
    3. 2019 1st round pick (EDM)
    OTT
    1. Brown, Dustin
    2. 2020 1st round pick (LAK)
    LAK
      Cap dump
      OTT
      1. Hossa, Marián
      2. 2020 1st round pick (CHI)
      CHI
        Cap dump
        OTT
        1. MacDonald, Andrew
        2. 2019 1st round pick (PHI)
        OTT
        1. Brouwer, Troy
        2. Mangiapane, Andrew
        3. 2020 2nd round pick (CGY)
        OTT
        1. Ennis, Tyler
        2. Eriksson Ek, Joel
        3. 2020 2nd round pick (MIN)
        MIN
          Cap dump
          OTT
          1. Wilson, Colin
          2. 2019 1st round pick (OTT)
          Additional Details:
          Rights to C Ceci
          Retained Salary Transactions
          DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the PIT
          Logo of the EDM
          Logo of the PIT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the NYR
          Logo of the CGY
          Logo of the MTL
          Logo of the PIT
          Logo of the EDM
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the PIT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the CGY
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the LAK
          Logo of the CHI
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the CGY
          Logo of the MIN
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the CBJ
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          Logo of the OTT
          ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
          27$78,000,000$62,449,998$0$4,887,500$15,550,002
          Left WingCentreRight Wing
          $5,875,000$5,875,000
          RW, LW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 4
          $650,000$650,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
          RW
          UFA - 1
          $2,500,000$2,500,000
          RW, LW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          $3,250,000$3,250,000
          LW, C
          M-NTC
          UFA - 3
          $7,250,000$7,250,000
          RW, LW
          M-NTC, NMC
          UFA - 4
          $900,000$900,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $4,875,000$4,875,000
          RW
          UFA - 3
          $705,000$705,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
          RW, LW
          UFA - 1
          $1,100,000$1,100,000
          C
          UFA - 1
          $850,000$850,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $650,000$650,000
          LW
          UFA - 1
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$710,000$710K)
          C, LW
          RFA - 3
          $5,275,000$5,275,000
          RW
          NMC
          UFA - 3
          $4,650,000$4,650,000
          LW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 2
          $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
          C
          UFA - 1
          $3,937,500$3,937,500
          C, LW
          UFA - 1
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
          LD
          UFA - 2
          $755,833$755,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
          LD/RD
          UFA - 2
          $2,400,000$2,400,000
          G
          UFA - 2
          $5,000,000$5,000,000
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $2,250,000$2,250,000
          LD
          UFA - 2
          $761,666$761,666 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
          G
          UFA - 3
          $1,200,000$1,200,000
          LD
          UFA - 2
          $725,000$725,000
          LD
          UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 1:36 a.m.
          Toronno Maple Leafs
          I doubt Melnyk would support cap dumps
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 2:00 a.m.
          Quoting: CanadasTeam88
          I doubt Melnyk would support cap dumps

Very true... but probably the quickest way to secure top tier talent via the draft.
          0-82 season???
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 2:02 a.m.
          Toronno Maple Leafs
          I think part of the problem is that the Sens dont have their own pick. I think they’ll try to be competitive this season and blow it up in 2019-2020
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 7:51 a.m.
          Quoting: CanadasTeam88
          I think part of the problem is that the Sens dont have their own pick. I think they’ll try to be competitive this season and blow it up in 2019-2020

They could, but then they risk losing a generational talent in Karlson. Sign and trade EK, 8 yrs 88m and trade for 3-5 1st round picks.
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 11:01 a.m.
          Who adds what?
          I think Hossa's contract is insured, so the Hawks are happy keeping it. Edm trade looks mutually beneficial to me. MTL is realistic. I think they have to try it. Pittsburgh is pretty much in the ballpark. CGY seems to be overpaying in two different trades. Phi is paying MacDonald a lot, but getting a lot of minutes of pretty decent defense out of him. Aren't going to overpay to move him while he's contributing.

I'm not quite sure how Colorado is going to trade you the rights to Cody Ceci right now, while he's already in Ottawa, but given recent history I'm sure they'll find a way.
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 12:02 p.m.
          I've been there man. I had the blow it all kind of mood a few days back.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/719475
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
          Quoting: Eli
          I think Hossa's contract is insured, so the Hawks are happy keeping it. Edm trade looks mutually beneficial to me. MTL is realistic. I think they have to try it. Pittsburgh is pretty much in the ballpark. CGY seems to be overpaying in two different trades. Phi is paying MacDonald a lot, but getting a lot of minutes of pretty decent defense out of him. Aren't going to overpay to move him while he's contributing.

I'm not quite sure how Colorado is going to trade you the rights to Cody Ceci right now, while he's already in Ottawa, but given recent history I'm sure they'll find a way.

Good analysis. Cody Ceci was going to Colorado... the basis of the team was to trade away all players worth anything and get young players/ picks. Take on bad contracts to meet the cap floor, while picking near the top of the draft for 3-4 years.... hoping for that generational talent; McDavid, Crosby, etc.
          Jun. 10, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
          Quoting: GSGHARRIS
          I've been there man. I had the blow it all kind of mood a few days back.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/719475

This team.... this owner..... yes...... it’s needs the ??
          Jun. 11, 2018 at 8:21 a.m.
          Quoting: myteam
          This team.... this owner..... yes...... it’s needs the ??

This owner...the team is fine. There have just been so many squabbles over money and so much talent has gone elsewhere. I could happily watch and be excited to watch a core of Karlsson Chabot leading defence and Duchene, Stone, and Hoffman for a long time. There is also a great supporting cast of talent to fill out most of the team in Wolanin who really impressed me in his few games, Dzingle, Ryan (I like Ryan, even if his points don't match his salary I still enjoy watching him play), and Pageau (Paajarvi gets Honourable mention in being a competent bottom 6 guy too). Sens have tons of youth knocking on the door for spots as well. White will fight JGP for 2C, Brown/Chaplik will fight for some bottom 6 time, Formenton, Gagne, Luchcuk, and Batherson could all potentially earn themselves a 9 game look depending on how their training camp goes. Then there are some older AHL guys like Sexton, Perron, McCormick, O'Brien, Paul and Reinhart who if some get resigned could get some call ups. Sens also added an Point per game NCAA player at the end of March (I don't remember the signing but it's on Capfriendly) who could step into the line up next season much like Wolanin did.

Long story short, I'm excited to watch this current core and see how the youth develops I'm just tired of seeing how frustrated our Captains and teams get with the owner and how money walks them away from being the greatest team. I understand Tavares can only sign with one team and it is a pipe dream for most franchises, I just don't understand how you can see a franchise player (to add to your current franchise/generational player) that would immediately make you a Cup Contender and go, you know what, that's money, lets sign Reaves instead because he brings in Character. I can definitely see Ottawa signing Reaves to a M.Martin kind of contract. Not that I would be upset with him on the roster most nights and him and Boro would be good for the young guys in the gym. Tavares works out or had worked out with Gary Roberts before he exploded into a point per game guy and I'm sure he would be just as helpful in the gym and put up 80-95 points with Karlsson on the ice. ...I said long story short and made it longer. My bad. Rant over
          Jun. 11, 2018 at 9:38 a.m.
          Quoting: GSGHARRIS
          This owner...the team is fine. There have just been so many squabbles over money and so much talent has gone elsewhere. I could happily watch and be excited to watch a core of Karlsson Chabot leading defence and Duchene, Stone, and Hoffman for a long time. There is also a great supporting cast of talent to fill out most of the team in Wolanin who really impressed me in his few games, Dzingle, Ryan (I like Ryan, even if his points don't match his salary I still enjoy watching him play), and Pageau (Paajarvi gets Honourable mention in being a competent bottom 6 guy too). Sens have tons of youth knocking on the door for spots as well. White will fight JGP for 2C, Brown/Chaplik will fight for some bottom 6 time, Formenton, Gagne, Luchcuk, and Batherson could all potentially earn themselves a 9 game look depending on how their training camp goes. Then there are some older AHL guys like Sexton, Perron, McCormick, O'Brien, Paul and Reinhart who if some get resigned could get some call ups. Sens also added an Point per game NCAA player at the end of March (I don't remember the signing but it's on Capfriendly) who could step into the line up next season much like Wolanin did.

Long story short, I'm excited to watch this current core and see how the youth develops I'm just tired of seeing how frustrated our Captains and teams get with the owner and how money walks them away from being the greatest team. I understand Tavares can only sign with one team and it is a pipe dream for most franchises, I just don't understand how you can see a franchise player (to add to your current franchise/generational player) that would immediately make you a Cup Contender and go, you know what, that's money, lets sign Reaves instead because he brings in Character. I can definitely see Ottawa signing Reaves to a M.Martin kind of contract. Not that I would be upset with him on the roster most nights and him and Boro would be good for the young guys in the gym. Tavares works out or had worked out with Gary Roberts before he exploded into a point per game guy and I'm sure he would be just as helpful in the gym and put up 80-95 points with Karlsson on the ice. ...I said long story short and made it longer. My bad. Rant over

Rants are a good thing.... this is about perspective here. I believe the owner is cheap and won’t spend to the cap to acquire/ keep talent.
          You are correct, one great D pair and one really good line right now. After this year??????
          EK can leave.
          MD can leave.
          That is unless they are offered contracts such as EK 8 yrs 88-100m, MD 8 yrs 64m.
          Sign M Stone now...... 8 yrs 60m.
          Next is to rid the team of 3 terrible contracts.....
          Ryan 7.25m 4 yrs
          Gaborick 5m 3 yrs
          CM 4.65m 2 yrs
          That’s 17m of wasted, dead money.... get rid of that without selling the farm.
          Hope the young players perform and create a good 2nd line????
          The bottom 6 isn’t bad, with JPG and ZS anchoring the C. Moving MG and BR to the 3rd line would be a good thing.
          The defense is suspect beyond EK and TC.
          Goaltending is a ??? With a 37 yr old who just had a terrible year.
          If young players develop and the owner opens up his wallet, yes it could be a fun team to watch.... but if EK and MD leave..... it will be painful. If they stay and the problems are not fixed, the team will go on as a middling team that might make the playoffs or might finish near the bottom.
          Jun. 11, 2018 at 9:51 a.m.
          Quoting: myteam
          Rants are a good thing.... this is about perspective here. I believe the owner is cheap and won’t spend to the cap to acquire/ keep talent.
          You are correct, one great D pair and one really good line right now. After this year??????
          EK can leave.
          MD can leave.
          That is unless they are offered contracts such as EK 8 yrs 88-100m, MD 8 yrs 64m.
          Sign M Stone now...... 8 yrs 60m.
          Next is to rid the team of 3 terrible contracts.....
          Ryan 7.25m 4 yrs
          Gaborick 5m 3 yrs
          CM 4.65m 2 yrs
          That’s 17m of wasted, dead money.... get rid of that without selling the farm.
          Hope the young players perform and create a good 2nd line????
          The bottom 6 isn’t bad, with JPG and ZS anchoring the C. Moving MG and BR to the 3rd line would be a good thing.
          The defense is suspect beyond EK and TC.
          Goaltending is a ??? With a 37 yr old who just had a terrible year.
          If young players develop and the owner opens up his wallet, yes it could be a fun team to watch.... but if EK and MD leave..... it will be painful. If they stay and the problems are not fixed, the team will go on as a middling team that might make the playoffs or might finish near the bottom.

CM is/will be and Gaborik might never play again and both with be on LTIR (hopefully insurance is paying for them) and their contracts wont affect the cap or Euge's wallet. As mentioned, personally I don't want to lose assets to move Ryan. Goaltending could very much be an issue again this year and if Buffalo really is ready to throw away Lehner I'd be happy to see him return. I agree though, make up your mind. Keep Karlsson and the core and go for it or realize you have some good youth coming up and sell off to make that wave of talent larger.

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll