Forums/Armchair-GM

Trades with.... Wild

Created by: Bitemoi
Team: 2018-19 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 6, 2018
Published: Aug. 13, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Kids kids kids... Zib is a road block to the younger Centers. Hayes can move down the line up when needed and still match up on top line centers for other team . Zib does not offer that.
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$71,184,442$0$2,850,000$8,315,558
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,175,000$5,175,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 3
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 3
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$916,666$916,666 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
UFA - 3
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 6
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 13, 2018 at 9:35 a.m.
Wild don't really need a center, and even if they did, Rangers need to add big time.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 9:43 a.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: jwink19
Wild don't really need a center, and even if they did, Rangers need to add big time.

The Wild do need a center. Staal and Koivu are old.

@xxToothxx Swich out Greenway with Kunin and you have a deal, or Day with K. Miller and you have a deal.
TanSor liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 9:50 a.m.

Quoting: MNBassman
The Wild do need a center. Staal and Koivu are old.

@xxToothxx Swich out Greenway with Kunin and you have a deal, or Day with K. Miller and you have a deal.

Why would Gordon trades away his future starter in net for nothing in return in that regard?!? He's building a team for the future, not a "be a GM" for a season on NHL '18 on PS4...it needs a little bit of thinking if you want it to be anything close to realistic or possible
Aug. 13, 2018 at 9:57 a.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: jp_harvey
Why would Gordon trades away his future starter in net for nothing in return in that regard?!? He's building a team for the future, not a "be a GM" for a season on NHL '18 on PS4...it needs a little bit of thinking if you want it to be anything close to realistic or possible

So your logic is a team can only trade a goalie for a goalie???
TanSor liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 10:04 a.m.

Isn't Shestyorkin the future starter?
Aug. 13, 2018 at 10:06 a.m.
Quoting: MNBassman
So your logic is a team can only trade a goalie for a goalie???

My logic is no team trades away their 22 years old future starter without having a backup plan to replace him. Lundqvist is on it's way out. He retires in 2 seasons. Halverson isn't starter material and Mazanec is an average AHL starter...what's your plan?? (It's not happening, That's what I'm saying)
Aug. 13, 2018 at 10:10 a.m.
Isn't Shestyorkin the future starter?

Shesterkin*

He's tuning 23 and doesn't even has an NHL contract after being drafted in 2014. He's one of those Russian who doesn't want to move to the big league...he's staying in Russia.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 10:25 a.m.
Keep it slow for JP, hes trying to keep up.... great effort little fella....

Look, I just finished an article saying Minn needs top 6 right shot, a future young goalie and young D...
I like brodin, and believe Zib is only top 6, little in match up, so Hayes versatility is more valuable for Chytil/Andersson/Howden play Center in the future...
I like Zib, but concussions and youth at C make this plausible FOR ME.....
MNBassman liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 10:25 a.m.
MNBassman
My logic is no team trades away their 22 years old future starter without having a backup plan to replace him. Lundqvist is on it's way out. He retires in 2 seasons. Halverson isn't starter material and Mazanec is an average AHL starter...what's your plan?? (It's not happening, That's what I'm saying)

This isn't my plan to begin with... I am analyzing this trade from the Wild's perspective only. I assume, if the Rags moved Georgiev, they would have a plan in place for the future of their goaltending needs.
TanSor liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 10:28 a.m.
Oh yea JP they really like Igor Shestyorkin as future in net...
It's not like Hank is going anywhere for few years...
Aug. 13, 2018 at 11:55 a.m.
Zibanejad has one of the best preformance/cap hit for 1st line centers in the league and he's tied down for 4 years.

No reason to trade him yet as no one is primed to take his place. Hayes isn't capable of a 1st line role and he's only tied down for 1 year. Chytil has potential, but hasn't played a full season yet, so can't put that pressure on his shoulders.
Bitemoi, SuprDave45 and TanSor liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 12:40 p.m.
I really like this trade. You fit the Wild's needs and have a great understanding for them, as you mentioned how we need a top 6 right shot forward, a young goalie prospect, and young D (although I think this last one is less of a need since we drafted one this year but I'd say a change to our top 4 could happen).

Echoing @MNBassman I think a slightly better LHD would have to be added (like K'Andre Miller), but this is very close.
Bitemoi and MNBassman liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 1:04 p.m.
Next Gen
Shesterkin*

He's tuning 23 and doesn't even has an NHL contract after being drafted in 2014. He's one of those Russian who doesn't want to move to the big league...he's staying in Russia.

he already stated if it wasnt for his contract he wouldve signed a contract with nyr so he has to wait 1 year and he is currently the best goalie prospect in the league.
Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: arousedcat
I really like this trade. You fit the Wild's needs and have a great understanding for them, as you mentioned how we need a top 6 right shot forward, a young goalie prospect, and young D (although I think this last one is less of a need since we drafted one this year but I'd say a change to our top 4 could happen).

Echoing @MNBassman I think a slightly better LHD would have to be added (like K'Andre Miller), but this is very close.

Thanks... I agree , added Day to send back a player to help fill Brodins departure.
Have really admired Wild hockey for a number of years now.
Huge Rangers fan but big Wild fan also...
TanSor and MNBassman liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 1:06 p.m.
Next Gen
Quoting: arousedcat

nyr isnt going to move miller he has one of the highest potential upside of the draft because he was a forward just 2 years ago and made the switch nyr may part with some other rookies but not (chytil, anderson, miller, sherveshkin, linqkvist, kravstanov,or hajek)
Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: aspina25
Zibanejad has one of the best preformance/cap hit for 1st line centers in the league and he's tied down for 4 years.

No reason to trade him yet as no one is primed to take his place. Hayes isn't capable of a 1st line role and he's only tied down for 1 year. Chytil has potential, but hasn't played a full season yet, so can't put that pressure on his shoulders.

^This..

Everyone just breezed right over your comment...

The Georgiev part isn't the major obstacle. Hank isn't going anywhere for the next 2-3 years, and by then the Rangers will know the situation with Igor either way. I have not heard a single thing indicating that he's unwilling come over when his contract expires, so I have no idea where someone got that from...but even if he didn't the Rangers would still have ample time to adjust. They also still have Tyler Wall and Olof Lindbom...so it's not like they are completely without other future options. Yes, Georgiev is an asset, and a bird in hand when you consider that goalies prospects are by far the hardest to predict. But for the right price, I am sure the Rangers could be convinced to part with him.

The problem with this trade is that the Rangers are very happy with Mika. He's a 25 year old RH shot center who still hasn't hit his ceiling and is under a very cap friendly (hehe) contract for the next 4 seasons. He's also one of the few Rangers that has elite play potential, and is lethal on the power play (two things the Rangers are in dire need of). This makes him extremely valuable to any team, and certainly to the Rangers.

I have no idea where your impression came from that Mika isn't a good match up center, especially when compared to Hayes. That's just the way AV deployed them, Mika's corsi numbers look just fine at even strength (especially considering that the Rangers were a train wreck overall). He was a 51.9 CF at even strength compared to Hayes' 45.8...so again...no clue where you got the idea that Hayes is a better match up center compared to Mika.

The comment about Mika blocking the other centers....lol huh? So let's say Chytil turns into a bonafide 1C (which we are a long looong way from seeing that at this point), having Mika as a 2C is a bad thing? Look across the league at the contender teams...they all deploy center depth...so that's exactly what the Rangers would pray for!

Brodin (without commenting on how good or bad he is directly) is a LHD...something the Rangers don't need. Greenway of course has everyone talking because he's such a big guy...but he's not some lock/top line talent. The Rangers are also overloaded at LW. So both of these players really don't suit what the Rangers would be looking for in a return. Got any high end RHD??

Bottom line, for the Rangers to move Mika they would need to be blown away....I don't think this is a "blow away" package, especially considering the other assets included from the Rangers end.
Bitemoi, TanSor and gman10z liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 2:43 p.m.
Quoting: SuprDave45
^This..

Everyone just breezed right over your comment...

The Georgiev part isn't the major obstacle. Hank isn't going anywhere for the next 2-3 years, and by then the Rangers will know the situation with Igor either way. I have not heard a single thing indicating that he's unwilling come over when his contract expires, so I have no idea where someone got that from...but even if he didn't the Rangers would still have ample time to adjust. They also still have Tyler Wall and Olof Lindbom...so it's not like they are completely without other future options. Yes, Georgiev is an asset, and a bird in hand when you consider that goalies prospects are by far the hardest to predict. But for the right price, I am sure the Rangers could be convinced to part with him.

The problem with this trade is that the Rangers are very happy with Mika. He's a 25 year old RH shot center who still hasn't hit his ceiling and is under a very cap friendly (hehe) contract for the next 4 seasons. He's also one of the few Rangers that has elite play potential, and is lethal on the power play (two things the Rangers are in dire need of). This makes him extremely valuable to any team, and certainly to the Rangers.

I have no idea where your impression came from that Mika isn't a good match up center, especially when compared to Hayes. That's just the way AV deployed them, Mika's corsi numbers look just fine at even strength (especially considering that the Rangers were a train wreck overall). He was a 51.9 CF at even strength compared to Hayes' 45.8...so again...no clue where you got the idea that Hayes is a better match up center compared to Mika.

The comment about Mika blocking the other centers....lol huh? So let's say Chytil turns into a bonafide 1C (which we are a long looong way from seeing that at this point), having Mika as a 2C is a bad thing? Look across the league at the contender teams...they all deploy center depth...so that's exactly what the Rangers would pray for!

Brodin (without commenting on how good or bad he is directly) is a LHD...something the Rangers don't need. Greenway of course has everyone talking because he's such a big guy...but he's not some lock/top line talent. The Rangers are also overloaded at LW. So both of these players really don't suit what the Rangers would be looking for in a return. Got any high end RHD??

Bottom line, for the Rangers to move Mika they would need to be blown away....I don't think this is a "blow away" package, especially considering the other assets included from the Rangers end.

Mika is also one concussion away from.....
Just an idea... but no way Mika is a defensive gem like Hayes in the middle. People want to know what happened to the KZB line??? Mika .... had concussion, came back took months before you noticed him. He looked great at end of year, did he help Krieder or other way? I'm not saying I dont like 25 yr old right shot center, his PP prowess his highest asset something I've overlooked at start.
Look I was no Hayes fan at any time BEFORE last season. I wanted him out... but I think the rangers deliberately tanked him this season with 3rd line center, bc 30 goals and 70 pts would have meant alot of cap space. AND MAKE NO MISTAKE HAYES IS VERY CAPABLE TO DO JUST THAT. Let him play between Kreider and Zucc/Buch.... he routinely is on line with Fast, Vesey, Spooner, .... Hayes is one of THE TOP 5 ON 5 PLAYERS ACROSS ENTIRE LEAGUE....
Think he earned more playtime is all....
SuprDave45 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: xxToothxx
Mika is also one concussion away from.....
Just an idea... but no way Mika is a defensive gem like Hayes in the middle. People want to know what happened to the KZB line??? Mika .... had concussion, came back took months before you noticed him. He looked great at end of year, did he help Krieder or other way? I'm not saying I dont like 25 yr old right shot center, his PP prowess his highest asset something I've overlooked at start.
Look I was no Hayes fan at any time BEFORE last season. I wanted him out... but I think the rangers deliberately tanked him this season with 3rd line center, bc 30 goals and 70 pts would have meant alot of cap space. AND MAKE NO MISTAKE HAYES IS VERY CAPABLE TO DO JUST THAT. Let him play between Kreider and Zucc/Buch.... he routinely is on line with Fast, Vesey, Spooner, .... Hayes is one of THE TOP 5 ON 5 PLAYERS ACROSS ENTIRE LEAGUE....
Think he earned more playtime is all....

I don't disagree, Hayes got the short end of the stick from AV. Absolutely, with better usage you would see an uptick in Hayes' output. But to say that he's a better defensive player than Zibanijad...I just don't see the statistics to back that up. You look across Mika's entire career vs Hayes...he has better corsi numbers at even strength...every single year, so this isn't an isolated one year event. Even if we blindly give Hayes an edge on the defensive side, it still doesn't come close to outweighing what Mika brings on offense.

Even worse, to say top 5 on 5 across the entire league..? where are you getting this from?

Hayes' line mates throughout the year at even strength were:
Even Strength Line Combinations
Freq Line Combination
22.7% HAYES,KEVIN - NASH,RICK - ZUCCARELLO,MATS
21.4% FAST,JESPER - GRABNER,MICHAEL - HAYES,KEVIN
20.9% GRABNER,MICHAEL - HAYES,KEVIN - MILLER,J.T.
18.9% FAST,JESPER - HAYES,KEVIN - NASH,RICK
16.1% FAST,JESPER - HAYES,KEVIN - SPOONER,RYAN

and he posted a 45.8 CF...

Mika's combinations at even strength were...
Even Strength Line Combinations
Freq Line Combination
40% BUCHNEVICH,PAVEL - KREIDER,CHRIS - ZIBANEJAD,MIKA
21.8% NASH,RICK - ZIBANEJAD,MIKA - ZUCCARELLO,MATS
19.5% FAST,JESPER - KREIDER,CHRIS - ZIBANEJAD,MIKA
14.1% BUCHNEVICH,PAVEL - NASH,RICK - ZIBANEJAD,MIKA
4.6% MILLER,J.T. - ZIBANEJAD,MIKA - ZUCCARELLO,MATS

Again, Mika posted a 51.9 CF..

Are you trying to tell me that Chris Krieder and Buch are better defensive players than Rick Nash and Mats Zuccarello? Absolutely not!

You can try and argue that maybe Krieder and Buch push play in the offensive zone better...but by how much more than Zuc and Nash? By 7% more? Not a chance!

Again, I am not crapping on Hayes here, he did get a bit of a raw deal last season...but that doesn't just erase the numbers. By the numbers, most people would say he failed as a defensive center last year. I wouldn't be one of those people, because I watched the games...I saw the deployment. But all that being said, you can't just idly put him ahead of Mika.
Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 13, 2018 at 8:41 p.m.
I'm not putting him ahead of.... Hayes would not fetch the return Zib does... admittedly more value...
Sorry the top 5 on 5 I remember reading is here... but for primary 5 on 5 point production since he entered league in 14.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018/7/30/17628570/nhl-free-agency-new-york-rangers-should-gauge-trade-interest-in-kevin-hayes

My mistake...

But Zibs did not face top lines as often either...
SuprDave45 liked this.
Aug. 15, 2018 at 12:26 p.m.
gman10z
Why trade away the younger cost-controlled center on the long term contract when they just signed Hayes to a deal that essentially guarantees he gets flipped at the deadline (as he's a UFA this summer)?
Aug. 16, 2018 at 9:04 a.m.
Quoting: gman10z
Why trade away the younger cost-controlled center on the long term contract when they just signed Hayes to a deal that essentially guarantees he gets flipped at the deadline (as he's a UFA this summer)?

Not saying its definitely the right move, but its not out there....
I'm open to giving hayes 6 mil for 5 yrs... but that's me AND IF HE PLAYS LIKE LAST SEASON....

but its here too...
https://bluelinestation.com/2018/08/15/new-york-rangers-mika-zibanejad-kevin-hayes/

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll