$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW
UFA - 1
$6,700,000$6,700,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,415,000$2,415,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 8
$6,100,000$6,100,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 18, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
Banned
Wilson should have gotten more, what a contract. Sorry I can't help myself.
Banjokat liked this.
Sep. 18, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Wilson should at LEAST been givin' above 7mil. on a 8 year contract.

Actually, I think that's not even enough. 8+.
Sep. 18, 2018 at 4:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Wilson should have gotten more, what a contract. Sorry I can't help myself.

kuzy > Matthews and Matthews will get 12 million so theres always that .....im sorry I can't help myself smile
Sep. 18, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: capsin9
kuzy > Matthews and Matthews will get 12 million so theres always that .....im sorry I can't help myself smile

You are the only person the planet who thinks Kuzy is better than Matthews. FYI Matthews is a better 5v5 goal scorer than Ovie at this stage of his career. Don't believe me? Look at Matthews 5v5 goals last season and compare that to the year Ovie got 65. Spoiler alert, Matthews scored at a higher 5v5 pace last season than the year Ovie scored 65. Matthews will be on the top powerplay unit this year and should get some extra goals on the man advantage. I'll look you up after 82 games and we'll see who's had the better season lol.

Wilson sucks.
Sep. 18, 2018 at 9:46 p.m.
Banned
You are the only person the planet who thinks Kuzy is better than Matthews. FYI Matthews is a better 5v5 goal scorer than Ovie at this stage of his career. Don't believe me? Look at Matthews 5v5 goals last season and compare that to the year Ovie got 65. Spoiler alert, Matthews scored at a higher 5v5 pace last season than the year Ovie scored 65. Matthews will be on the top powerplay unit this year and should get some extra goals on the man advantage. I'll look you up after 82 games and we'll see who's had the better season lol.

Wilson sucks.

Haha Matthews hasn’t broken 70 points in a season ever ..... kuzy has and he completely took over in the playoffs he was the best player in the nhl in the playoffs. Matthews had what 2 points in 7 games haha

Matthews at 20 isn’t a better overall goal scorer than ovi at 32 hahaha

5v5 is cool is power plays weren’t a thing but they are so yeah idk why you think that’s a relivent stats. 5v5 goals are cool but did he win the rocket? No

Also wilson also played better than Matthews in the playoffs hahaha

Please do and when Wilson has a great year I can’t wait to watch you turtle

Also I’d take kuzy at 7.8million over Matthews at 12 million all day

I’d even take him at the same cap hit. He easily was the mvp on a team that won the cup.
Sep. 19, 2018 at 9:44 a.m.
Banned
Haha Matthews hasn’t broken 70 points in a season ever ..... kuzy has and he completely took over in the playoffs he was the best player in the nhl in the playoffs. Matthews had what 2 points in 7 games haha

Matthews at 20 isn’t a better overall goal scorer than ovi at 32 hahaha

5v5 is cool is power plays weren’t a thing but they are so yeah idk why you think that’s a relivent stats. 5v5 goals are cool but did he win the rocket? No

Also wilson also played better than Matthews in the playoffs hahaha

Please do and when Wilson has a great year I can’t wait to watch you turtle

Also I’d take kuzy at 7.8million over Matthews at 12 million all day

I’d even take him at the same cap hit. He easily was the mvp on a team that won the cup.

LOL Ovie was the reason you won the cup, he willed his team to play out of this world and I applaud him and his teammates for a great effort. That being said, no one outside of Washington and Leaf haters are going to agree with you. Matthews is just hands down better than likely anyone on Washington. He's played 2 seasons in the NHL and has something like the 10th most even strength goals over the last 3 seasons. HE'S PLAYED ONLY 2 SEASONS!! Kuznetsov at the same age as Matthews wasn't in the NHL, by the time Matthews is 22, he'll have likely won a Rocket Richard and it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he gets a Hart in the near future as well. By the time he's the same age as Kuznetsov, Matthews will be considered in the top 2 players in the NHL. It'll be him and McDavid running the league.

And Tom Wilson will still be being paid over 5 million a year to take a tonne of penalties and hit people. LOL
Sep. 19, 2018 at 10:43 a.m.
Banned
LOL Ovie was the reason you won the cup, he willed his team to play out of this world and I applaud him and his teammates for a great effort. That being said, no one outside of Washington and Leaf haters are going to agree with you. Matthews is just hands down better than likely anyone on Washington. He's played 2 seasons in the NHL and has something like the 10th most even strength goals over the last 3 seasons. HE'S PLAYED ONLY 2 SEASONS!! Kuznetsov at the same age as Matthews wasn't in the NHL, by the time Matthews is 22, he'll have likely won a Rocket Richard and it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he gets a Hart in the near future as well. By the time he's the same age as Kuznetsov, Matthews will be considered in the top 2 players in the NHL. It'll be him and McDavid running the league.

And Tom Wilson will still be being paid over 5 million a year to take a tonne of penalties and hit people. LOL

Kuzy was playing in the khl hahaha idiot and in his 2nd real nhl season he had 70 points Matthews hasn’t done that yet in he’s SECOND SEASON!!!?!? Oh yeah kuzy couldn’t speak English.

Wilson is your father
Sep. 19, 2018 at 11:01 a.m.
Banned
Kuzy was playing in the khl hahaha idiot and in his 2nd real nhl season he had 70 points Matthews hasn’t done that yet in he’s SECOND SEASON!!!?!? Oh yeah kuzy couldn’t speak English.

Wilson is your father

Matthews scored 4 goals in his first game. How many goals did Kuznetsov score in his first 17? 3

Oh and how old was Matthews when he did that? 19

Kuznetsov has played 340 games and has averaged .78 points per game over his career. Matthews has played only 144 games and has scored .92 points a game. Matthews has played less than half the games as Kuznetsov and has 6 less goals. Sure you can say Kuznetsov is more of a play maker than a shooter but what you can't say is he's better at scoring points. Matthews will once again be above a point a game and health permitting, he'll play a full season. With his 5v5 scoring ability, another year of development and more Powerplay time, its very reasonable to expect Matthews to score 50+ goals and 90+ points. Oh and he'll do that at the age of 21 a full year younger than when Kuznetsov entered the league and scored 3 goals in 17 games.

But he couldn't speak English. Neither could Ovie when he first came here and how did he do in his rookie season at 19?

Anyways, keep dreaming bud. Matthews is already considered a top ten centre.

https://www.nhl.com/news/top-20-centers-nhl-top-players-2018-19/c-299666242

Where is Kuznetsov rated? I didn't scroll past the top ten.
Sep. 19, 2018 at 12:03 p.m.
Banned
Edited Sep. 19, 2018 at 12:10 p.m.
Matthews scored 4 goals in his first game. How many goals did Kuznetsov score in his first 17? 3

Oh and how old was Matthews when he did that? 19

Kuznetsov has played 340 games and has averaged .78 points per game over his career. Matthews has played only 144 games and has scored .92 points a game. Matthews has played less than half the games as Kuznetsov and has 6 less goals. Sure you can say Kuznetsov is more of a play maker than a shooter but what you can't say is he's better at scoring points. Matthews will once again be above a point a game and health permitting, he'll play a full season. With his 5v5 scoring ability, another year of development and more Powerplay time, its very reasonable to expect Matthews to score 50+ goals and 90+ points. Oh and he'll do that at the age of 21 a full year younger than when Kuznetsov entered the league and scored 3 goals in 17 games.

But he couldn't speak English. Neither could Ovie when he first came here and how did he do in his rookie season at 19?

Anyways, keep dreaming bud. Matthews is already considered a top ten centre.

https://www.nhl.com/news/top-20-centers-nhl-top-players-2018-19/c-299666242

Where is Kuznetsov rated? I didn't scroll past the top ten.

hahahaha an nhl.com article is what your going to use for proof? hahahaha omg thats funny he's not a top 5 center they have him at number 4 thats embarrassing.....he had 4 goals in 1 game omg thats so awesome did he win the rocket?

yeah kuzy was playing lw and so that first 17 games is a fair thing to judge him on......... but hey whatever helps your argument........

let facts be facts

kuzy had more points than Matthews reg season and playoffs......yeah he was hurt but he was on pace for 1ppg if he was able to maintain that kuzy also finished with a ppg average

kuzy lead the nhl in playoff points your boy got lost and had 2 in 7 games.......2 in 7 games......whats that ppg? I know kuzy was over a ppg.......in the playofff...oh yeah he won a cup

but hey he has more goals right thats why everyone thinks ovi is better than Crosby right?

know your role......and put some respect on kuzy name dude is currently better and he's only getting better......khl to nhl isn't a easy transition but he looks comfortable but hey 5v5 goals right?
Sep. 19, 2018 at 12:31 p.m.
Banned
hahahaha an nhl.com article is what your going to use for proof? hahahaha omg thats funny he's not a top 5 center they have him at number 4 thats embarrassing.....he had 4 goals in 1 game omg thats so awesome did he win the rocket?

yeah kuzy was playing lw and so that first 17 games is a fair thing to judge him on......... but hey whatever helps your argument........

let facts be facts

kuzy had more points than Matthews reg season and playoffs......yeah he was hurt but he was on pace for 1ppg if he was able to maintain that kuzy also finished with a ppg average

kuzy lead the nhl in playoff points your boy got lost and had 2 in 7 games.......2 in 7 games......whats that ppg? I know kuzy was over a ppg.......in the playofff...oh yeah he won a cup

but hey he has more goals right thats why everyone thinks ovi is better than Crosby right?

know your role......and put some respect on kuzy name dude is currently better and he's only getting better......khl to nhl isn't a easy transition but he looks comfortable but hey 5v5 goals right?

Look dude, I am not saying Matthews is the best player in the NHL, I wouldn't put him that high yet. But everyone who isn't a Caps homer, is putting Matthews ahead of Kuznetsov. A

Also here you go again, bouncing around all over the place to make your point but it also shoots yourself in the foot.

If you want to talk strictly about Kuznetsov and the playoffs, lets look at his entire playoff record. He didn't play in the playoffs in his first season (22 years old), scored 7 points in 14 games in his second playoff (age 23), scored a whopping 2 points in 12 games in his 3rd playoffs (age 24), then scored 10 points in 13 games in his 4th playoffs (age 25) before having a fantastic playoffs last season scoring 32 points in 24 games (age 26).

How did Matthews do during his 3rd, 4th and 5th playoffs? HE HAS ONLY PLAYED 2 SEASONS.

His first playoff round was against Washington where he scored 5 points in 6 games as a 19 year old. In his second he scored 2 points in 7 games at the age of 20.

So you are using 1 good season and ignoring the rest of the bad that has been Kuznetsov in the playoffs. All of his less than stellar performances get washed though because he is coming off a cup run where he sat shot gun to the Con Smythe winner. Its hard to have a reasonable discussion with someone you pulls stats from all over the place and pace them together to strengthen their point while ignoring everything else that exists that hurts their stance.

Kuznetsov is not as good as Matthews. Matthews has accomplished a hell of a lot more at his age than Kuznetsov has. This is the type of discussion you are having.

Toews is way better than McDavid. How can you say that?

Well first of all Toews has 2 rings, lol, I'm so smart.

Second of all, look at the playoff point totals the players have, lol Toews has way more points. I'm so smart.

No you're smart, you are talking like a crazy person who will ignore literally everything that hurts your position.

It would be the same as me saying Matthews scored 4 goals in his debut, he's better than everyone else! Who else has scored that many in their debut, no one. That means he's the best, nothing else matters. Stop giving counter points, it doesn't matter because I'm stubborn and blinded by my irrational love of my team. Also for any logical counter point you give me, I'm going to throw out some obscure stat that doesn't have anything to do with the time frame I have mentioned in most of my arguement.
Sep. 19, 2018 at 12:43 p.m.
Banned
Look dude, I am not saying Matthews is the best player in the NHL, I wouldn't put him that high yet. But everyone who isn't a Caps homer, is putting Matthews ahead of Kuznetsov. A

Also here you go again, bouncing around all over the place to make your point but it also shoots yourself in the foot.

If you want to talk strictly about Kuznetsov and the playoffs, lets look at his entire playoff record. He didn't play in the playoffs in his first season (22 years old), scored 7 points in 14 games in his second playoff (age 23), scored a whopping 2 points in 12 games in his 3rd playoffs (age 24), then scored 10 points in 13 games in his 4th playoffs (age 25) before having a fantastic playoffs last season scoring 32 points in 24 games (age 26).

How did Matthews do during his 3rd, 4th and 5th playoffs? HE HAS ONLY PLAYED 2 SEASONS.

His first playoff round was against Washington where he scored 5 points in 6 games as a 19 year old. In his second he scored 2 points in 7 games at the age of 20.

So you are using 1 good season and ignoring the rest of the bad that has been Kuznetsov in the playoffs. All of his less than stellar performances get washed though because he is coming off a cup run where he sat shot gun to the Con Smythe winner. Its hard to have a reasonable discussion with someone you pulls stats from all over the place and pace them together to strengthen their point while ignoring everything else that exists that hurts their stance.

Kuznetsov is not as good as Matthews. Matthews has accomplished a hell of a lot more at his age than Kuznetsov has. This is the type of discussion you are having.

Toews is way better than McDavid. How can you say that?

Well first of all Toews has 2 rings, lol, I'm so smart.

Second of all, look at the playoff point totals the players have, lol Toews has way more points. I'm so smart.

No you're smart, you are talking like a crazy person who will ignore literally everything that hurts your position.

It would be the same as me saying Matthews scored 4 goals in his debut, he's better than everyone else! Who else has scored that many in their debut, no one. That means he's the best, nothing else matters. Stop giving counter points, it doesn't matter because I'm stubborn and blinded by my irrational love of my team. Also for any logical counter point you give me, I'm going to throw out some obscure stat that doesn't have anything to do with the time frame I have mentioned in most of my arguement.

Guy we are talking right now.....not when he was 19 not when he was 23 right now.....right now kuzy is better than Matthews....and youre bouncing around I didn't say at the age of 20 kuzy was better no I said right now he's better and he is so stop bringing up old **** and focus on the now.... I mean right now you're arguing hypothetical and well when kuzy was 22 and didn't speak English ......no bro right now and also look at the comments on the bs list you sent me the most criticized player is Matthews and his ranking

the problem is tml fans think he's way better than he is.....will Matthews be a top 5 player ....maybe at lest at center but he's not right now..... I'm sorry he's not......hes not better than kuzy RIGHT NOW I have to spell it out for you since you can't understand and keep going back to his. first 2 Years in the nhl

AGAIN ....know your role...... Matthews is a solid young player but is sooooo overrated which sucks bc it makes him hard to like
Sep. 19, 2018 at 12:52 p.m.
Banned
Guy we are talking right now.....not when he was 19 not when he was 23 right now.....right now kuzy is better than Matthews....and youre bouncing around I didn't say at the age of 20 kuzy was better no I said right now he's better and he is so stop bringing up old **** and focus on the now.... I mean right now you're arguing hypothetical and well when kuzy was 22 and didn't speak English ......no bro right now and also look at the comments on the bs list you sent me the most criticized player is Matthews and his ranking

the problem is tml fans think he's way better than he is.....will Matthews be a top 5 player ....maybe at lest at center but he's not right now..... I'm sorry he's not......hes not better than kuzy RIGHT NOW I have to spell it out for you since you can't understand and keep going back to his. first 2 Years in the nhl

AGAIN ....know your role...... Matthews is a solid young player but is sooooo overrated which sucks bc it makes him hard to like

Okay then lets talk about right now. Right now Matthews is better and he will be better for every single day of the rest of his career. If we are talking about right now, its the preseason and everyone outside of you thinks Matthews is better. He's one of the best scorers in hockey, he creates offence at an insane rate and also is considered one of the better defensive players right now. That's that.

Now I am sure you are going to fire back saying, "No, Matthews hasn't scored 70 points". Well there we are back to the past which is off limits, unless it supports your stance. You're a foolish person who has no clear idea how discussions work.
Sep. 19, 2018 at 2:25 p.m.
Banned
Okay then lets talk about right now. Right now Matthews is better and he will be better for every single day of the rest of his career. If we are talking about right now, its the preseason and everyone outside of you thinks Matthews is better. He's one of the best scorers in hockey, he creates offence at an insane rate and also is considered one of the better defensive players right now. That's that.

Now I am sure you are going to fire back saying, "No, Matthews hasn't scored 70 points". Well there we are back to the past which is off limits, unless it supports your stance. You're a foolish person who has no clear idea how discussions work.

He’s better based off.....totals points? Or his abilities to score?

Kuzy better hands speed vision and zone entry

Matthews scoring........5v5 scoring haha

You struggle to see what’s clear In front of you.

Yup great point. Again he’s not better he’s close to kuzy in talent but kuzy has him beat.
Sep. 19, 2018 at 3:07 p.m.
Banned
He’s better based off.....totals points? Or his abilities to score?

Kuzy better hands speed vision and zone entry

Matthews scoring........5v5 scoring haha

You struggle to see what’s clear In front of you.

Yup great point. Again he’s not better he’s close to kuzy in talent but kuzy has him beat.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Matthews is a super fast player and his line has been possession monsters his whole careers, meaning they get the puck and keep it at an almost unprecedented rate.

Guess what, most players spend far more time at 5v5 than on the powerplay and if you take out PP points last year. Matthews had 50 even strength points in 62 games, Kuznetsov scored 53, in 79 games. Matthews didn't have near as much time on the PP as Kuznetsov which reportedly won't be the case this year as Matthews will be playing on the PP with Tavares and Marner.

Right now is the start of a new season and there is nothing pointing to Kuznetsov being a better player right now. At 5v5, Matthews is superior by a wide margin, if given 1st powerplay time, he'll be even more dangerous. Matthews is bigger, more powerful, and your whole "vision and zone entry non sense" is just silly. I think we can both agree they have elite vision but really, can Kuznetsov make those around him way better like Matthews can? (Just look at Hyman's career, the kid is a 3rd or 4th liner who scores 50 points playing with Matthews)

Kuznetsov is a very good player and a 1C for sure. He is however, not a super elite player. The super elite player on Washington is Ovie and how long will he remain that good? Likely not much longer, he's getting up there in age. And Tom Wilson and TJ Oshie are definitely not up an coming offensive players. Watch Kuznetsov's points dwindle as his supporting players age as all players do.

Enjoy the glow of a cup win dude, its not going to be too long before the Caps are in rebuild mold. Toronto on the other hand will be enjoying a decade of being a contender, starting this year.

Also I am not saying Washington is a bad team now, they should still make the playoffs and contend with the other top teams in the east. But the days of Ovie scoring 50 goals a year are in the past, it'll be a slow decline over the next few seasons. He won a cup though so who cares. He's a super star and deserves nothing but praise.
Sep. 19, 2018 at 3:20 p.m.
Banned
What the hell are you even talking about?

Matthews is a super fast player and his line has been possession monsters his whole careers, meaning they get the puck and keep it at an almost unprecedented rate.

Guess what, most players spend far more time at 5v5 than on the powerplay and if you take out PP points last year. Matthews had 50 even strength points in 62 games, Kuznetsov scored 53, in 79 games. Matthews didn't have near as much time on the PP as Kuznetsov which reportedly won't be the case this year as Matthews will be playing on the PP with Tavares and Marner.

Right now is the start of a new season and there is nothing pointing to Kuznetsov being a better player right now. At 5v5, Matthews is superior by a wide margin, if given 1st powerplay time, he'll be even more dangerous. Matthews is bigger, more powerful, and your whole "vision and zone entry non sense" is just silly. I think we can both agree they have elite vision but really, can Kuznetsov make those around him way better like Matthews can? (Just look at Hyman's career, the kid is a 3rd or 4th liner who scores 50 points playing with Matthews)

Kuznetsov is a very good player and a 1C for sure. He is however, not a super elite player. The super elite player on Washington is Ovie and how long will he remain that good? Likely not much longer, he's getting up there in age. And Tom Wilson and TJ Oshie are definitely not up an coming offensive players. Watch Kuznetsov's points dwindle as his supporting players age as all players do.

Enjoy the glow of a cup win dude, its not going to be too long before the Caps are in rebuild mold. Toronto on the other hand will be enjoying a decade of being a contender, starting this year.

Also I am not saying Washington is a bad team now, they should still make the playoffs and contend with the other top teams in the east. But the days of Ovie scoring 50 goals a year are in the past, it'll be a slow decline over the next few seasons. He won a cup though so who cares. He's a super star and deserves nothing but praise.

super elite players break 80 points a year.....and the caps have the same team they won the cup with plus they added........the cup might be coming back to dc this year bud....but enjoy the chase its far more rewarding when you win....

also nothing point to kuzy being a better player? the guy literally played out of his mind in the playoffs? he had what 35 points in 21 games? that doesn't point to him having a better year ? they also added a guy that he's played with since he was 5 yers old? no please don't talk out of your ass thats such a stupid comment hahaha
Sep. 19, 2018 at 3:47 p.m.
Banned
super elite players break 80 points a year.....and the caps have the same team they won the cup with plus they added........the cup might be coming back to dc this year bud....but enjoy the chase its far more rewarding when you win....

also nothing point to kuzy being a better player? the guy literally played out of his mind in the playoffs? he had what 35 points in 21 games? that doesn't point to him having a better year ? they also added a guy that he's played with since he was 5 yers old? no please don't talk out of your ass thats such a stupid comment hahaha

Well according to you, we can't use anything from the past, only right now. This is why its pointless to even talk to you. You make rules to support your side of the conversation and break them all the time to further your point.
Sep. 19, 2018 at 4:09 p.m.
Banned
Well according to you, we can't use anything from the past, only right now. This is why its pointless to even talk to you. You make rules to support your side of the conversation and break them all the time to further your point.

haha no you are comparing 20 year old Matthews to 20 year old kuzy thats just stupid........compare current ages .......bring up past stats all you want kuzy took longer than expected to adjust to the nhl but he is elite now name the last player to get 30+ points in the playoffs?..........

I clearly said kuzy is better....then you went and said Matthews at 20 accomplished more than kuzy at 20 look at his first 3 years compare to Matthews first 2........... not the arguement look at the last 2 seasons....kuzy is better bro IM SORRY but yeah since Mathews has come into the nhl besides goals kuzy has been better

there no point in arguing with leafs fans,,,,,,,Matthews is the new Carey price
Sep. 19, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Banned
haha no you are comparing 20 year old Matthews to 20 year old kuzy thats just stupid........compare current ages .......bring up past stats all you want kuzy took longer than expected to adjust to the nhl but he is elite now name the last player to get 30+ points in the playoffs?..........

I clearly said kuzy is better....then you went and said Matthews at 20 accomplished more than kuzy at 20 look at his first 3 years compare to Matthews first 2........... not the arguement look at the last 2 seasons....kuzy is better bro IM SORRY but yeah since Mathews has come into the nhl besides goals kuzy has been better

there no point in arguing with leafs fans,,,,,,,Matthews is the new Carey price

Okay lets go through this latest batch of nonsense you just threw up all over here.

haha no you are comparing a 20 year old Matthews to a 20 year Kuzy thats just stupid.....compare current ages

Okay Matthews is 21 years old currently, Kuznetsov is 26. So I can't compare Matthews to that because he's 21 years old.

....bring up past stats all you want kuzy took longer than expected to adjust to the nhl

So Matthews didn't take any time to adjust to being a star in the NHL but that doesn't matter because it hurts your position.

..but he is elite now name the last player to get 30+ points in the playoffs?.....

Logan Couture 3 years ago (I guess he's now the greatest centre of his time)

I clearly said kuzy is better...

Yes you have many times but you only look at what you want to and ignore all other pertinent information.

then you went and said Matthews at 20 accomplished more than kuzy at 20 look at his first 3 years and compare to Matthews first 2....

I'll just send you up to your first statement again, your rules here are to compare current ages and I think by that you mean last season but regardless Matthews was far more impressive in his first 2 seasons than Kuznetsov was, that can't be argued. Especially considering their age during those season, which we aren't allowed to do because its pertinent information that hurts your stance.

....not the argument look at last 2 seasons....

I did blow up your argument with my stats on 5v5 scoring where Matthews had 3 less points in 17 less games. Over a full season Matthews would have had a better season. Injuries can't be used to wipe out the reality that a player was on pace to have a better season just because it hurts your stance. That's like when McDavid didn't win the Calder because he missed half the season but was by far the best rookie that season.

..kuzy is better bro IM SORRY...

Again that's just wrong and you don't have a sound argument.

but yeah since Matthews has come into the NHL besides goals kuzy has been better

I'd say he's had more powerplay success but no, he's not been better. He won the cup though, no one can take that away.

there no point in arguing with leafs fans.......Matthews is the new Carey Price

I don't even know where to go with that one. You do realize they are on 2 different teams right?
Sep. 19, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
Banned
Okay lets go through this latest batch of nonsense you just threw up all over here.

haha no you are comparing a 20 year old Matthews to a 20 year Kuzy thats just stupid.....compare current ages

Okay Matthews is 21 years old currently, Kuznetsov is 26. So I can't compare Matthews to that because he's 21 years old.

....bring up past stats all you want kuzy took longer than expected to adjust to the nhl

So Matthews didn't take any time to adjust to being a star in the NHL but that doesn't matter because it hurts your position.

..but he is elite now name the last player to get 30+ points in the playoffs?.....

Yes you have many times but you only look at what you want to and ignore all other pertinent information.

then you went and said Matthews at 20 accomplished more than kuzy at 20 look at his first 3 years and compare to Matthews first 2....

I'll just send you up to your first statement again, your rules here are to compare current ages and I think by that you mean last season but regardless Matthews was far more impressive in his first 2 seasons than Kuznetsov was, that can't be argued. Especially considering their age during those season, which we aren't allowed to do because its pertinent information that hurts your stance.

I did blow up your argument with my stats on 5v5 scoring where Matthews had 3 less points in 17 less games. Over a full season Matthews would have had a better season. Injuries can't be used to wipe out the reality that a player was on pace to have a better season just because it hurts your stance. That's like when McDavid didn't win the Calder because he missed half the season but was by far the best rookie that season.

but yeah since Matthews has come into the NHL besides goals kuzy has been better

I'd say he's had more powerplay success but no, he's not been better. He won the cup though, no one can take that away.

I don't even know where to go with that one. You do realize they are on 2 different teams right?

1) you can't compare 21yo Matthews to 26 yo kuzy? why not?
2) just bc his first years took him a little to adjust doesn't mean he's not better RIGHT NOW? like wtf are you talking about? Matthews came in and was a star doesn't hurt my argument for who is better now bc kuzy is a super star right now.....haha
3) so 3 years ago..... so 30 point players in the playoffs are rare in modern day nhl is the point.........haha
4)Logan Couture is very good not the best ever.....
5) my entire argument was that kuzy is better right now,,,,,, you keep bringing up age and when kuzy first came into the nhl bc that benefits your argument not mine.......2018 kuzy is better
6) 5v5 stats are irrelevant bc there are pp and pk... yeah thats great he can score 5v5 but again thats benefits your argument funny thing is 5v5 5v3 5v4 they all count for the same amount of points
7) yeah has fans think price is the best even tho he sucks now and tml fans think Matthews is a top 5 center and he clearly isn't haha Nate Mac is better right now even
8) I think its funny bc kuzy is such an after thought and underrated that his stats mirror or are better than Matthews and fans can't give him the credit he deserves..... just the nhl fans being the nhl fans
9) know your role
10) Wilson scores more than Nylander this season
Sep. 19, 2018 at 5:09 p.m.
Banned
1) you can't compare 21yo Matthews to 26 yo kuzy? why not?
2) just bc his first years took him a little to adjust doesn't mean he's not better RIGHT NOW? like wtf are you talking about? Matthews came in and was a star doesn't hurt my argument for who is better now bc kuzy is a super star right now.....haha
3) so 3 years ago..... so 30 point players in the playoffs are rare in modern day nhl is the point.........haha
4)Logan Couture is very good not the best ever.....
5) my entire argument was that kuzy is better right now,,,,,, you keep bringing up age and when kuzy first came into the nhl bc that benefits your argument not mine.......2018 kuzy is better
6) 5v5 stats are irrelevant bc there are pp and pk... yeah thats great he can score 5v5 but again thats benefits your argument funny thing is 5v5 5v3 5v4 they all count for the same amount of points
7) yeah has fans think price is the best even tho he sucks now and tml fans think Matthews is a top 5 center and he clearly isn't haha Nate Mac is better right now even
8) I think its funny bc kuzy is such an after thought and underrated that his stats mirror or are better than Matthews and fans can't give him the credit he deserves..... just the nhl fans being the nhl fans
9) know your role
10) Wilson scores more than Nylander this season

1) I am comparing a 21 year old Matthews to a 26 year old Kuznetsov. Matthews will score more goals and points than Kuznetsov will this year.
2) Because it took him longer to adjust absolutely means Matthews is a better player, super elite players immediately make huge impacts for their teams. Matthews took a last place team to the playoffs as a rookie.
3) There has been 2 30 point scorers in the last 3 playoffs. Thats 2 out of the last 3 years.
4) Logan Couture is a 2C on most top teams, scoring 30 in a playoff doesn't make him better than Crosby
5) We are talking about right now and right now we are entering a new season and right now Matthews is better than Kuzy and after this season you'll tell me something like "Well Matthews played with Nylander who's an elite forward and Marleau whos a goal scorer and Kuznetsov had Wilson as a winger."
6) Players play the vast majority of their minutes at 5v5, winning the 5v5 battle is the most important thing in hockey, if you don't understand that you are truly an idiot.
7) Price isn't what he once was and you are correct that habs fans still think he's 26 years old but he isn't crap and will win a lot of games for that dumpster fire of a team. (they'll still miss the playoffs by a huge margin) Matthews is a top 5 centre, top hockey analysts agree with this statement.
8) His stats do not at all mirror Matthews, because no matter how you slice it, Matthews is an elite player at the age of 21, Kuznetsov is 26 and just recently went from being a prospect and is now a star player. That means Matthews is a better player. Players statistically best season lands around their 24 year old season. So in all likelihood (there are outlier seasons, like Giroux last year), Kuznetsov will never match what he did last year and will hover around the same mark until he hits 30 and then starts declining as most players do. Matthews has 3 more seasons of development before he can expect to have his statistically best season. That means Matthews is better, he is better now and in 5 years when he is the same age as Kuznetsov is now, he'll have years of dominance.
9) what is this wwe? Grow up.
10) Are you hoping Nylander misses the season? That's about the only way Wilson will outscore him. I'll be shocked if Wilson scores 15 goals and 35 points.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll