Forums/Armchair-GM

Depth scoring getting Vanek

Created by: Willian_Cardoso
Team: 2018-19 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 27, 2018
Published: Sep. 27, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Red Wings isn't a playoff team. That's make Vanek a good option as a rental to Pens get a needed LW scoring depht player in the middle of the season.
Trades
PIT
  1. Vanek, Thomas ($600,000 retained)
DET
  1. Sheahan, Riley
  2. 2019 4th round pick (BUF)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$79,500,000$76,829,892$0$982,500$2,670,108

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$734,167$734,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,800,000$6,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,137,500$2,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 27, 2018 at 11:07 a.m.
Red Wing Nut
Try again.. Wings don't want or need sheahan back...if vanek plays well up the pick to 3rd ..or 2nd if we retain chunk $$ or add piece w/him
Sep. 27, 2018 at 11:24 a.m.
Banned
no interest in adding a 34-35 year old winger
Sep. 27, 2018 at 12:38 p.m.
Okrepps85
If the Penguins wanted Vanek, they would have signed him in the offseason.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 12:42 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: Mike
Try again.. Wings don't want or need sheahan back...if vanek plays well up the pick to 3rd ..or 2nd if we retain chunk $$ or add piece w/him

But I'm not saying they need him. They can use him in another trade to a contender that needs a bottom 6 C/LW. He's a very good PK and could help any team that needs to improve it. As for the pick, well, Detroit can get a 3rd, maybe. But I don't see them getting a 2nd, unless the team give them almost nothing more. Or nothing more, depending on the situation.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 12:44 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: okrepps185
If the Penguins wanted Vanek, they would have signed him in the offseason.

You forget about one important thing here, man. His salary. Pens can't afford to sign him in FA with this current roster. This is why I use Sheahan and some retaintion to get him. So, your argument is pointless, under the circumstances.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 12:48 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: pharrow

Your argument is the worst. What does matter his age, when he'd be just a rental?? Besides, he's still a good middle-6 winger and have a good offensive production as well. The 34/35 guy scored 25 goals last season and 58 points. If you don't like Vanek, try to use good and relevant arguments to prove your point.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 1:05 p.m.
Okrepps85
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
You forget about one important thing here, man. His salary. Pens can't afford to sign him in FA with this current roster. This is why I use Sheahan and some retaintion to get him. So, your argument is pointless, under the circumstances.

It matters his age because Sheahan, Simon, and the 4th rounder all have better careers ahead of them than Vanek does. Yes Simon and Sheahan are free agents but I doubt the penguins will lose Simon, Sullivan has high hopes for him. This trade is awful because Simon, Sheahan AND a 4th rounder > an aging Veteran whose best days are behind them. Quit being a douche and leave this site if your going to reply to comments with "your argument is invalid and wrong" jackass.
awesome and pharrow liked this.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 2:25 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Edited Sep. 27, 2018 at 2:36 p.m.
It matters his age because Sheahan, Simon, and the 4th rounder all have better careers ahead of them than Vanek does. Yes Simon and Sheahan are free agents but I doubt the penguins will lose Simon, Sullivan has high hopes for him. This trade is awful because Simon, Sheahan AND a 4th rounder > an aging Veteran whose best days are behind them. Quit being a douche and leave this site if your going to reply to comments with "your argument is invalid and wrong" jackass.

Say that your argument is pointless in no offense. It's just a disagree. The only jackass here is you, a brainless guy who needs to try to screw others offending themselves just to try to get some likes. Based on how much you get till now, it seems like you desperate to get as many as possible to people think you're "the coolest guy" here. You chose a nice way to reach your goal, cause the world is full of stupid brainless guys like yourself. And get the f*ck off my armchair, cause I ain't here to lose my precious time with jerks like yourself. I like to talk just with those who have intelligence enough to prove your point without any offenses. Go try to get a real woman (or a man. Who knows...) to solve your lack of caress and attention. lmo
Sep. 27, 2018 at 2:39 p.m.
Okrepps85
Say that your argument is pointless in no offense. It's just a disagree. The only jackass here is you, a brainless guy who needs to try to screw others offending themselves just to try to get some likes. Based on how much you get till now, it seems like you desperate to get as many as possible to people think you're "the coolest guy" here. You chose a nice way to reach your goal, cause the world is full of stupid brainless guys like yourself. And get the f*ck off my armchair, cause I ain't here to lose my precious time with jerks like yourself. I like to talk just with those who have intelligence enough to prove your point without any offenses. Go try to get a real woman (or a man. Who knows...) to solve your lack of caress and attention. lmo

I backed up my point with facts and my opinion and now your all butt-hurt attacking me saying that I have a "lack of attention". Please explain to me on how I am "stupid and brainless" for expressing my opinion. I find it hilarious how upset your getting over this so please keep it up.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I backed up my point with facts and my opinion and now your all butt-hurt attacking me saying that I have a "lack of attention". Please explain to me on how I am "stupid and brainless" for expressing my opinion. I find it hilarious how upset your getting over this so please keep it up.

You aren't stupid and brainless for expressing your opinion. You're because you did this offending me with words like "douche" and "jackass", when I just disagree with your opinion without ANY OFFENSE. So, this is typical from stupid and brainless guys who are incapable to have a conversation with some disagrees without offending other people. I'm not here to fight with anyone. I'm here just to talk about the sport and specially to have some fun. And you aren't definitely the kind of guy who I want to have both. So, I'll keep every single word that I said, cause you deserve all of them. You just proved that are jerks fans in all the sports teams. These are my last words to you. I'm just sick of all these bullsh*it. Go watch your mangas cartoons and never ever say a word to me anymore. Do us a favor doing it. Lmo
Sep. 27, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
Red Wing Nut
Can't we all just get along.....dag nabit ..hug it out u2 ..do it..do it now...I'm waiting.... : )
okrepps185 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 3:29 p.m.
Okrepps85
1) The grammar you use is awful I can barely read this
2) Saying "your argument is pointless" is just a stuck up thing a douche would say, hence my language, I simply said that this Vanek trade is stupid (which it still is)
3) "I'm not here to fight with anyone" *fights with someone*
4) Who is "us" that you are referring to? You said that your here to have fun, that's pretty sad that this is all you do to enjoy yourself, maybe go out and "Try to get a real woman (or man who knows)to solve your lack of caress and attention"
5) What's up with you ending every post with "lmo" what does that mean buddy? Lets make out? Lick my Ovaries? Love men overall?

In my last post I said that I found it funny how your making this into a big deal, and in yours you said that you were done talking to me, let's see if your too much of a female to respond or too much of a douche to reply
Sep. 27, 2018 at 3:31 p.m.
Okrepps85
Can't we all just get along.....dag nabit ..hug it out u2 ..do it..do it now...I'm waiting.... : )

Mike we will hug it out when the Red Wings have a good team
Sep. 27, 2018 at 6:33 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
1) The grammar you use is awful I can barely read this
2) Saying "your argument is pointless" is just a stuck up thing a douche would say, hence my language, I simply said that this Vanek trade is stupid (which it still is)
3) "I'm not here to fight with anyone" *fights with someone*
4) Who is "us" that you are referring to? You said that your here to have fun, that's pretty sad that this is all you do to enjoy yourself, maybe go out and "Try to get a real woman (or man who knows)to solve your lack of caress and attention"
5) What's up with you ending every post with "lmo" what does that mean buddy? Lets make out? Lick my Ovaries? Love men overall?

In my last post I said that I found it funny how your making this into a big deal, and in yours you said that you were done talking to me, let's see if your too much of a female to respond or too much of a douche to reply

At least I can talk with the guys here in english. What about u try to speak in my language?? How many words in portuguese you know?? What about spanish?? What about any other language but yours, as*hole??? I can bet you're one of those americans who thinks speak your own language it's enough. At least I'm smart enough to learn more than one language, cause I'm sure you aren't smart enough to learn and speak one single sentence in mine.

Vamos lá, seu otário. Eu aceito perder um pouco mais do meu tempo com você, se você conseguir trocar uma única frase comigo, seu imbecil!!! Sem usar o google, garotinho carente que necessita de "likes" e atenção. Viadinho!!!

So, before to try to screw someone else, make sure you can be better than him, FDP DE M*RDA!!!!
Sep. 27, 2018 at 6:46 p.m.
Let's go Pens!

Hey, Mike. I like those who have a good mood like yourself. Maybe you can try to learn the brainless guy here to talk with other guys with some civility. He's doing nothing but screwing with the americans image. And I'm sure that he don't represents what americans really are. I talk to many ones here and they're much coolest, polite and smart than this stupid, brainless who needs some attention and likes to feel like he's popular and cool.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 8:51 p.m.
Banned
Your argument is the worst. What does matter his age, when he'd be just a rental?? Besides, he's still a good middle-6 winger and have a good offensive production as well. The 34/35 guy scored 25 goals last season and 58 points. If you don't like Vanek, try to use good and relevant arguments to prove your point.

there is a reason there aren't many 35 year old players in the league. Maybe you have a hard time figuring that out. I for one, don't want to anything to do with them and I'm not giving up anyone who still has a future for one. Not to mention weaken the center depth on this team, as after Goalie Center is the most important position on the ice. The only thing here that is the worst is your trade idea.
Sep. 27, 2018 at 10:20 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
there is a reason there aren't many 35 year old players in the league. Maybe you have a hard time figuring that out. I for one, don't want to anything to do with them and I'm not giving up anyone who still has a future for one. Not to mention weaken the center depth on this team, as after Goalie Center is the most important position on the ice. The only thing here that is the worst is your trade idea.

Well, maybe my trade is the worst. Maybe your argument...it doesn't matter to me. As I've been saying thousands times, I'm just here because I love the sport and to have some fun. I'm no real GM and I'm not even paid to do anything here, then I have no obligation to make the best trade ever or something.

So, I respect your opinion and you have the right to think my trade idea is the worst. As long as you respect me as well when I disagree with yours.
Sep. 28, 2018 at 7:31 a.m.
Banned
Well, maybe my trade is the worst. Maybe your argument...it doesn't matter to me. As I've been saying thousands times, I'm just here because I love the sport and to have some fun. I'm no real GM and I'm not even paid to do anything here, then I have no obligation to make the best trade ever or something.

So, I respect your opinion and you have the right to think my trade idea is the worst. As long as you respect me as well when I disagree with yours.

there was no disrespect in anything that I typed. As a matter of fact, the argument in the comment is seriously explicit in me giving his age. But you went off on some tangent on it for some reason. Which frankly I don't know why. Don't be so offended.
Happy Gming. have fun. It's only a message board.
Sep. 28, 2018 at 9:20 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
there was no disrespect in anything that I typed. As a matter of fact, the argument in the comment is seriously explicit in me giving his age. But you went off on some tangent on it for some reason. Which frankly I don't know why. Don't be so offended.
Happy Gming. have fun. It's only a message board.

I didn't mean you disrespect me at all. I mean it's a give and take to me speaking to everyone here. Specially after one guy here, crazy for some attention, shows he's not able to talk with some civility. And putting this aside, I'm having fun here as usual, cause I love the sport and talk about it.

Anyway, tks for expressing your opinion and be my guest to do it whenever you want to in my armchairs.
Sep. 28, 2018 at 7:58 p.m.
Okrepps85
How many comments does it take for this mid 30’s ****** to get off this site. The world will never know....
Sep. 28, 2018 at 7:58 p.m.
Okrepps85
This is hilarious, some one rate this 5 stars so other people can find it easier

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll