Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins 3rd C

Created by: Breakaway
Team: 2018-19 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 27, 2018
Published: Oct. 27, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Bruins lack a guy who can play 3rd C well right now. Backes is hurt, but when healthy is he even good enough to fill that role? Probably not and who knows how long he'll be out anyways. Kuraly doesn't fit at 3rd C and Nordstrom / Wagner would only bring that line down if played there more than a short stretch.

Trading Krug sounds like a good idea at first, but then when you take into account the Bruins lack of depth if they moved him without getting back an NHL defender; it's almost not doable. I like Grzelcyk a lot, but Krug will probably come back into the lineup in that spot and he'll probably contribute more than Grzelcyk as well. Does that justify the salary difference between the two? No, but that's a trade that would be best done after the conclusion of the current season.

A player I'd like to bring in is Brock Nelson. A Shoot first 3rd C to go with the young playmakers on that line.

I think the Islanders could have potential interest in acquiring a draft pick for Nelson if they understand the length of time it'll take for the organization to rebuild. A good course of action for the team could be to draft a lot of players in the next few seasons and then go out into free agency if/when they get a new Arena which would increase the appeal of playing for the Islanders.

At the Draft, the Bruins trade Krug to a defense needy team for their 1st round draft pick to replace the one they moved for Nelson. They could probably get a prospect as well if Krug produces at the same rate he did last season.
Trades
NYI
  1. Cehlárik, Peter
  2. 2019 1st round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$72,690,668$774,000$3,737,500$6,809,332
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$872,500$872,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 5
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 27, 2018 at 10:39 a.m.
Pretty steep price for Nelson.
Oct. 27, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
Banned
Boston would be dumb to give up their 1st round pick. The depth problems on this team go well beyond the 3C and finding one isn't going to fix anything. Past the first line there is nothing. You don't even have a 2C that really scares anyone. They would be better off finding a 2C and moving Krijci down.
The problem they have right now is the 1st line is really good and is winning games by themselves. That means they are stuck with crap late round draft picks while the rest of the team needs major help.
Even Donato is turning into one of the mystery box young players. Never know what you get. When you look at them and think there has to be more but nope, he really is on a 9 goals this season pace.
Some of those players you can look at and say well, Milano is coached by an idiot. And Sprong doesn't get any ice time behind 3 good RWs. But really what is the excuse for Donato because I don't see it. He gets the ice time but he scores no points.
I'm not sure if they can send him back down to Providence but if they can they should. He needs to go figure it out, gain some confidence of whatever. Because right now it looks like he's gonna get ruined up here. If he goes a whole season playing like this his trade value won't be worth much. At 22-23 this year, he's suppose to have it figured out. Especially coming out of the NCAA. The competition there might actually be better than the AHL, especially in the frozen 4.
Oct. 27, 2018 at 7:26 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: pharrow
Boston would be dumb to give up their 1st round pick. The depth problems on this team go well beyond the 3C and finding one isn't going to fix anything. Past the first line there is nothing. You don't even have a 2C that really scares anyone. They would be better off finding a 2C and moving Krijci down.
The problem they have right now is the 1st line is really good and is winning games by themselves. That means they are stuck with crap late round draft picks while the rest of the team needs major help.
Even Donato is turning into one of the mystery box young players. Never know what you get. When you look at them and think there has to be more but nope, he really is on a 9 goals this season pace.
Some of those players you can look at and say well, Milano is coached by an idiot. And Sprong doesn't get any ice time behind 3 good RWs. But really what is the excuse for Donato because I don't see it. He gets the ice time but he scores no points.
I'm not sure if they can send him back down to Providence but if they can they should. He needs to go figure it out, gain some confidence of whatever. Because right now it looks like he's gonna get ruined up here. If he goes a whole season playing like this his trade value won't be worth much. At 22-23 this year, he's suppose to have it figured out. Especially coming out of the NCAA. The competition there might actually be better than the AHL, especially in the frozen 4.

I bet you get mushroom stamped, daily.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 3:27 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: BreKel
I bet you get mushroom stamped, daily.

when you know your team sucks and you have no logical argument to make because you are just wrong.

But go on, enjoy your early playoff exit again because the team has 1 line and no help. Good luck with that. 11 games in and 1 5v5 goal from a 2C. Yeah, he's real quality. Maybe if you weren't to busy on your knees you could see the games and realize he's not that good.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 8:48 a.m.
BreKel
when you know your team sucks and you have no logical argument to make because you are just wrong.

But go on, enjoy your early playoff exit again because the team has 1 line and no help. Good luck with that. 11 games in and 1 5v5 goal from a 2C. Yeah, he's real quality. Maybe if you weren't to busy on your knees you could see the games and realize he's not that good.

GM in the making.... is that a general manager of a gas station or a McDonalds? You think your some little hockey savant and it's cute. If you knew a lick, you'd see that Krejci has never been a goal scorer, and he's on pace for his usual 15-20 goals a year.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 11:15 a.m.
Bruins Fan
Quoting: Gofnut999
Pretty steep price for Nelson.

Consistent 20 goal scorer. Get the pick back by trading Krug. Retain defensive depth by not trading Krug during this season.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 11:21 a.m.
Bruins Fan

This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on here. Patrik Laine has 0 5v5 goals in 12 games, so by your logic he must suck too. Maybe Cheveldayoff should trade him to your team for a 7th round draft pick because your logic suggests he can't be that good. smirk
Oct. 28, 2018 at 11:48 a.m.
Quoting: Breakaway
Consistent 20 goal scorer. Get the pick back by trading Krug. Retain defensive depth by not trading Krug during this season.

2nd and 4th would be the max i would go. But it does not solve this team problems. Helps sure. But giving away picks for a team that has only a very small chance at the Cup does not make sense to me.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 1:29 p.m.
Banned
This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on here. Patrik Laine has 0 5v5 goals in 12 games, so by your logic he must suck too. Maybe Cheveldayoff should trade him to your team for a 7th round draft pick because your logic suggests he can't be that good. smirk

and I'm sure if he keeps that pace up his contract negotiation will show it.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
Banned
GM in the making.... is that a general manager of a gas station or a McDonalds? You think your some little hockey savant and it's cute. If you knew a lick, you'd see that Krejci has never been a goal scorer, and he's on pace for his usual 15-20 goals a year.

and you would see the total lack of production on the second line.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
BreKel
and you would see the total lack of production on the second line.

What team do you root for? I'm curious. Are you a Bruins "fan"? The 2nd line has been productive since Heinen was moved back up with krejci and DeBrusk. I bet you have a really good knowledge on how to get the most out of sticking your tiny pecker between your mattresses.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 5:42 p.m.
Bruins Fan
Quoting: Gofnut999
2nd and 4th would be the max i would go. But it does not solve this team problems. Helps sure. But giving away picks for a team that has only a very small chance at the Cup does not make sense to me.

Right, but the goal would be to move Krug in the offseason to get the pick back. Then sign another sub 3M defender like John Moore at LHD if Chara comes back. That way the team keeps its defensive depth for this season.

They might do 2nd and 4th, but I'd prefer them staggered. Maybe 2019 2nd + 2020 4th would do.
Oct. 28, 2018 at 6:49 p.m.
Bruins Fan
and I'm sure if he keeps that pace up his contract negotiation will show it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is; you're a fkin idiot if you think you're smart by trying to find a way to suggest the 2nd line forward that's tied for 85th in forwards points per game somehow isn't good. That's just plain stupid and you should know that because there is 31 teams in the league and 3 first liners per team. That's 96 players that should be ahead of all 2nd liners in terms of production, but the forward you're criticizing (Krejci) is 85th in points per game for forwards. So you should be aware now how stupid your take is and you should refrain from acting like a moron in the future because frankly it's just dumb and everyone is just going to think you're special educated because everyone else knows enough to tell that a forward with 9 points in 11 games does not suck, but clearly we all need to find a way to lower the bar so you could somehow comprehend it too.
Oct. 29, 2018 at 12:50 a.m.
Banned
Basically what I'm trying to say is; you're a fkin idiot if you think you're smart by trying to find a way to suggest the 2nd line forward that's tied for 85th in forwards points per game somehow isn't good. That's just plain stupid and you should know that because there is 31 teams in the league and 3 first liners per team. That's 96 players that should be ahead of all 2nd liners in terms of production, but the forward you're criticizing (Krejci) is 85th in points per game for forwards. So you should be aware now how stupid your take is and you should refrain from acting like a moron in the future because frankly it's just dumb and everyone is just going to think you're special educated because everyone else knows enough to tell that a forward with 9 points in 11 games does not suck, but clearly we all need to find a way to lower the bar so you could somehow comprehend it too.

and what i'm saying is you are an idiot if you think you are going to compete for a cup when other teams 2nd line centers are in the top of the league for points.
Do you not realize there are other teams in the league? Or is your head shoved up your rear so far that you can't see the obvious mismatch you have at 2C. Which is only further stressed at 3C as the lack of talent trickles downward.
By moving him to 3C and finding a REAL 2C who can actually compete with players like JT, Malkin, Backstrom, etc.... maybe just maybe this team could compete for a cup. But considering you have your head shoved up your backside, you will never even make it to the SCF as you will always have an early exit because after the first line the talent difference is so large you can't compete. You go look at what teams have at 3C. Come tell me Krejci is some superior player over say Kadri. Your kidding yourself. But that is what it's going to take to get a cup now. You have to be able to match the talent all the way down the roaster. And your not even close starting on the 2nd line. Hence dropping Krejci to the 3C role and finding a better 2C helps a boston team you know, be competitive. But hey, don't let that lack of O2 with your head up your rear stop you from blurting out arrogant ignorance when your team clearly lacks the talent to be a real cup contender when there are 4 really stacked teams in the east.
Oct. 29, 2018 at 10:16 a.m.
BreKel
and what i'm saying is you are an idiot if you think you are going to compete for a cup when other teams 2nd line centers are in the top of the league for points.
Do you not realize there are other teams in the league? Or is your head shoved up your rear so far that you can't see the obvious mismatch you have at 2C. Which is only further stressed at 3C as the lack of talent trickles downward.
By moving him to 3C and finding a REAL 2C who can actually compete with players like JT, Malkin, Backstrom, etc.... maybe just maybe this team could compete for a cup. But considering you have your head shoved up your backside, you will never even make it to the SCF as you will always have an early exit because after the first line the talent difference is so large you can't compete. You go look at what teams have at 3C. Come tell me Krejci is some superior player over say Kadri. Your kidding yourself. But that is what it's going to take to get a cup now. You have to be able to match the talent all the way down the roaster. And your not even close starting on the 2nd line. Hence dropping Krejci to the 3C role and finding a better 2C helps a boston team you know, be competitive. But hey, don't let that lack of O2 with your head up your rear stop you from blurting out arrogant ignorance when your team clearly lacks the talent to be a real cup contender when there are 4 really stacked teams in the east.

How many times a day do you **** your mattresses?
Oct. 29, 2018 at 3:06 p.m.
Banned
How many times a day do you **** your mattresses?

I don't have to, that's what your mom is for
Oct. 29, 2018 at 4:18 p.m.
BreKel
I don't have to, that's what your mom is for

I don't know what's funnier. The fact you would actually make a 'mom comment' or the fact that you're a virgin making that joke laugh. Lets be honest, the only ***** you've seen in your life is on your computer.
Oct. 29, 2018 at 4:40 p.m.
Banned
I don't know what's funnier. The fact you would actually make a 'mom comment' or the fact that you're a virgin making that joke laugh. Lets be honest, the only ***** you've seen in your life is on your computer.

you can always tell a virgin like you because you are obsessed with sex. Those of use who get it regularly don't have to drone on like a 5th grader.

I mean really you are a loser.
Oct. 29, 2018 at 6:25 p.m.
BreKel
you can always tell a virgin like you because you are obsessed with sex. Those of use who get it regularly don't have to drone on like a 5th grader.

I mean really you are a loser.

Haha, I'm obsessed with sex? Well, I am a male so that would make sense. You'll be obsessed with it once you finally find some little slug do to the deed with you.
Oct. 30, 2018 at 1:17 a.m.
Banned
Haha, I'm obsessed with sex? Well, I am a male so that would make sense. You'll be obsessed with it once you finally find some little slug do to the deed with you.

what ever you believe one inch. good luck with that. don't be so angry you were born that way.
bye now.
Oct. 30, 2018 at 4:18 p.m.
Bruins Fan
what ever you believe one inch. good luck with that. don't be so angry you were born that way.
bye now.

You're hilariously moronic. My head is not up my ass and Krejci is a good #2c. We won a cup with him there. Your head is so far up your backside that all you're capable of doing is spitting **** out of your mouth, which you've done here plenty. Some of the most absurd garbage by a little hating child lmao.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll