RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the New York Rangers
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 3
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 6
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$708,750$708,750
C, LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 18, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
Pass it to Lucic
as an Oiler fan, I say yes because I see Lucic is leavingsmile
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Herms17
as an Oiler fan, I say yes because I see Lucic is leavingsmile

do you know how bad shattenkirk is?
CD282 liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
Bcarlo25
This deal is pretty awful for the oilers. As I see it it works out as Lucic for Shattenkirk, which is about right, and then Nuge, a 2nd, and a 3rd, for a pending UFA and anthony Deangelo? That is horrid value.
dylanstoik and CD282 liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 10:29 a.m.
Shatty wont waive his NMC for EDM, Blues already tried when the Taylor Hall trade happened and he would not sign an extension so it never happened.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
This deal is pretty awful for the oilers. As I see it it works out as Lucic for Shattenkirk, which is about right, and then Nuge, a 2nd, and a 3rd, for a pending UFA and anthony Deangelo? That is horrid value.

Shattenkirk is a way better asset than Lucic. He's still been the top defenseman for the Rangers, and is still well above the point of being "bad". His contract only has 2.5 years left on it, while Lucic's abysmal contract has 4.5.

If you ask any team in the league which they'd rather have, every single one of them would rather have Shattenkirk, so calling them equal is far from true.

That being said, the Rangers should go nowhere near this trade due to how horrible Lucic's contract is and RNH isn't worth taking it on when they can get a decent return for Hayes elsewhere.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:07 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: aspina25
Shattenkirk is a way better asset than Lucic. He's still been the top defenseman for the Rangers, and is still well above the point of being "bad". His contract only has 2.5 years left on it, while Lucic's abysmal contract has 4.5.

If you ask any team in the league which they'd rather have, every single one of them would rather have Shattenkirk, so calling them equal is far from true.

That being said, the Rangers should go nowhere near this trade due to how horrible Lucic's contract is and RNH isn't worth taking it on when they can get a decent return for Hayes elsewhere.

Hm, I kind of thought Lucic had 4 years left, not 5, so you have a point there. That being said, Shattenkirk is brutal. He practically got benched the last time he was in the playoffs. I think this deal would be a slam dunk for the rangers.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:48 p.m.
Hm, I kind of thought Lucic had 4 years left, not 5, so you have a point there. That being said, Shattenkirk is brutal. He practically got benched the last time he was in the playoffs. I think this deal would be a slam dunk for the rangers.

I think the biggest reason that Shattenkirk isn't playing as well on the Rangers is that he hasn't had any decent partners. He seems to thrive when he's paired with a stay at home defenseman and he hasn't had many opportunities to do so. Everyone thought he'd get that chance with Mcdonagh last year, but coaching decisions threw that idea away. He definitely hasn't been living up to the name, but I have a feeling that the instant he's on a different team he'll go back to his old self(or close to it).

I just feel like the deal doesn't make sense for the Rangers, because RNH only has an extra 2 years on his deal than Hayes, in which the Rangers probably won't be competitive. Hayes is only a year older and has had very similar stats to RNH this year (in some cases better) and could probably be resigned to a similar contract. I guess my question is why wouldn't they try to extend Hayes instead of trading for RNH when they have similar production?
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.
dylanstoik

This trade presents bad value for the Oilers. RNH is just under a point per game, and is a strong two way forward, that is still young (25) and a good contract, no way the oilers move him, as he is a vital part to our team. Shattenkirk on the other hand is most definitely not the best D-man on new York, he averages the 5th most ice time of there defensman, and is well known for being a very one-dimensional defensman, but is only 4th among NYR blue liners with 9 points this season in 29 games. Hayes is a very good player, but he doesn't have as much value as RNH, DeAngelo is another decent young Dman, but he has struggled to find his footing in the NHL, but finally seems to be hitting his stride, but his value isn't overly high, Lucic is a pretty good 3/4th line winger at this point, so obviously his 7mil price tag is ridiculous, but he can still compete as a bottom 6 player. All in all, I dont understand why the Oilers would move RNH, just too shed Lucic's contract, that makes no sense to me, nevermind the picks on top, Hayes is also a pending UFA, while DeAngelo is a pending RFA.
CD282 liked this.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 12:56 p.m.
Quoting: dylanstoik
This trade presents bad value for the Oilers. RNH is just under a point per game, and is a strong two way forward, that is still young (25) and a good contract, no way the oilers move him, as he is a vital part to our team. Shattenkirk on the other hand is most definitely not the best D-man on new York, he averages the 5th most ice time of there defensman, and is well known for being a very one-dimensional defensman, but is only 4th among NYR blue liners with 9 points this season in 29 games. Hayes is a very good player, but he doesn't have as much value as RNH, DeAngelo is another decent young Dman, but he has struggled to find his footing in the NHL, but finally seems to be hitting his stride, but his value isn't overly high, Lucic is a pretty good 3/4th line winger at this point, so obviously his 7mil price tag is ridiculous, but he can still compete as a bottom 6 player. All in all, I dont understand why the Oilers would move RNH, just too shed Lucic's contract, that makes no sense to me, nevermind the picks on top, Hayes is also a pending UFA, while DeAngelo is a pending RFA.

Just because Shattenkirk hasn't logged the most minutes doesn't mean he isn't the top defenseman. He was kept to low minutes at the beginning of the season due to his return from leg surgery. He also hasn't been on the top PP unit and loses minutes there.

If you look at relative Corsi values for all Rangers defensemen, he has the highest by 2%, quite a large margin. Thus he's the best defenseman.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I think the biggest reason that Shattenkirk isn't playing as well on the Rangers is that he hasn't had any decent partners. He seems to thrive when he's paired with a stay at home defenseman and he hasn't had many opportunities to do so. Everyone thought he'd get that chance with Mcdonagh last year, but coaching decisions threw that idea away. He definitely hasn't been living up to the name, but I have a feeling that the instant he's on a different team he'll go back to his old self(or close to it).

I just feel like the deal doesn't make sense for the Rangers, because RNH only has an extra 2 years on his deal than Hayes, in which the Rangers probably won't be competitive. Hayes is only a year older and has had very similar stats to RNH this year (in some cases better) and could probably be resigned to a similar contract. I guess my question is why wouldn't they try to extend Hayes instead of trading for RNH when they have similar production?

um....extra years on the RNH is a good thing....of course the rangers would want that.

Shattenkirk has been awful on the rangers.

Shattenkirk was horrendous on the caps.

Shattenkirk stunk up the joint his last couple year in St. Louis.

He stinks .
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:07 p.m.
um....extra years on the RNH is a good thing....of course the rangers would want that.

Shattenkirk has been awful on the rangers.

Shattenkirk was horrendous on the caps.

Shattenkirk stunk up the joint his last couple year in St. Louis.

He stinks .

Years in which they won't be competitive, thus rendering them useless to the Rangers unless they can sign him to an extension.

Regardless of how he's been on the Rangers, Shattenkirk was the most coveted free agent of 2017 and you'd be ridiculous to think otherwise. One would think a player that was horrendous wouldn't be highly coveted. Weird how that doesn't lineup with your claims.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:12 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Years in which they won't be competitive, thus rendering them useless to the Rangers unless they can sign him to an extension.

Regardless of how he's been on the Rangers, Shattenkirk was the most coveted free agent of 2017 and you'd be ridiculous to think otherwise. One would think a player that was horrendous wouldn't be highly coveted. Weird how that doesn't lineup with your claims.

Then it's really weird that he didn't sign for that much. Weirder still that the caps had no interest in bringing him back, and the blues were thrilled to let him go. strange. very strange. or he just stinks and the rangers do what they always do....see a guy with a solid point total and throw money at him.

as for RNH, it's still the value. They could flip RNH for triple what they would get for Hayes.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:22 p.m.
Then it's really weird that he didn't sign for that much. Weirder still that the caps had no interest in bringing him back, and the blues were thrilled to let him go. strange. very strange. or he just stinks and the rangers do what they always do....see a guy with a solid point total and throw money at him.

as for RNH, it's still the value. They could flip RNH for triple what they would get for Hayes.

Really, 6.65 million isn't that much? A few posts ago you were claiming that it was a bad contract. Funny that a Bruins fan is making fun of the Rangers for bad contracts when they pay 5 players over 30 more than 6 million each.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
dylanstoik
Just because Shattenkirk hasn't logged the most minutes doesn't mean he isn't the top defenseman. He was kept to low minutes at the beginning of the season due to his return from leg surgery. He also hasn't been on the top PP unit and loses minutes there.

If you look at relative Corsi values for all Rangers defensemen, he has the highest by 2%, quite a large margin. Thus he's the best defenseman.

See that's where you are wrong buddy, having good corsi doesn't mean you are a good defensman, that's one of the dumbest thing i've ever heard, advanced stats are useless, actually watch them play instead of looking at that crap. Shattenkirk is most definitely not the best D-man in New York, any educated hockey fan will tell you that.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: dylanstoik
See that's where you are wrong buddy, having good corsi doesn't mean you are a good defensman, that's one of the dumbest thing i've ever heard, advanced stats are useless, actually watch them play instead of looking at that crap. Shattenkirk is most definitely not the best D-man in New York, any educated hockey fan will tell you that.

I watch every game. The only other defenseman that you could make an argument for is Claesson. The fact that you think advanced stats don't matter means you have no idea what you're talking about.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Really, 6.65 million isn't that much? A few posts ago you were claiming that it was a bad contract. Funny that a Bruins fan is making fun of the Rangers for bad contracts when they pay 5 players over 30 more than 6 million each.

6.65 million is that much for what someone said was the premier UFA of a season...especially given the incredibly short term for a UFA. It wasn't a huge contract.

Here are the players on the bruins that make 6+:
Pastrnak: elite NHL goal scorer, contract is a bargain.
Marchand: 4th in the NHL in points per game last season. Over 80 points while missing double digit games, contract is a bargain.
Bergeron: Best defensive forward in the NHL, was leading the league in points when he got hurt. Contract is a bargain.
Backes: That contract sucks, but is over soon.
Krejci. on a 70 point pace at 7.25 million....it's not great but it isn't horrific.
Tuukka: elite goalie, 7 million, nothing fancy, nothing bad.

The teams good, and their highly paid players, with one exception, are really good. They aren't an awful team paying Brad Richards until 2026, Girardi until 2023, and Hank 8.5 until 2021. yuck. brutal.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
6.65 million is that much for what someone said was the premier UFA of a season...especially given the incredibly short term for a UFA. It wasn't a huge contract.

Here are the players on the bruins that make 6+:
Pastrnak: elite NHL goal scorer, contract is a bargain.
Marchand: 4th in the NHL in points per game last season. Over 80 points while missing double digit games, contract is a bargain.
Bergeron: Best defensive forward in the NHL, was leading the league in points when he got hurt. Contract is a bargain.
Backes: That contract sucks, but is over soon.
Krejci. on a 70 point pace at 7.25 million....it's not great but it isn't horrific.
Tuukka: elite goalie, 7 million, nothing fancy, nothing bad.

The teams good, and their highly paid players, with one exception, are really good. They aren't an awful team paying Brad Richards until 2026, Girardi until 2023, and Hank 8.5 until 2021. yuck. brutal.

Tuukka is far from elite, that's a horrible contract.

It must be rough having to pay your best players, that's probably why the Bruins traded away Seguin and Hamilton for nothing, right?
Dec. 18, 2018 at 2:13 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Tuukka is far from elite, that's a horrible contract.

It must be rough having to pay your best players, that's probably why the Bruins traded away Seguin and Hamilton for nothing, right?

The hamilton trade stunk. No question about it. I don't really mind the Seguin trade though. They were in a cup winning window and he was (and still remains) a ghost in the playoffs. They got a couple really good players for him, and ya, those guys have since moved on, but that isn't really here nor there.

This is a very sad attempt to talk trash from a team a fan that hasn't seen his team do a thing since 94...unless you count getting absolutely mangled by the kings. I guess that was a decent run. Cheer up though. Only a 5-6 year rebuild before the rangers are ready for contention, it'll fly by.

It's nice having good players that you have to pay though.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 2:50 p.m.
The hamilton trade stunk. No question about it. I don't really mind the Seguin trade though. They were in a cup winning window and he was (and still remains) a ghost in the playoffs. They got a couple really good players for him, and ya, those guys have since moved on, but that isn't really here nor there.

This is a very sad attempt to talk trash from a team a fan that hasn't seen his team do a thing since 94...unless you count getting absolutely mangled by the kings. I guess that was a decent run. Cheer up though. Only a 5-6 year rebuild before the rangers are ready for contention, it'll fly by.

It's nice having good players that you have to pay though.

Oh, I can guarantee you right now that the Rangers will reach the finals again before the bruins do. This is their last year to compete before they have to sell off so they can pay their younglings and they're not getting through Toronto or Tampa.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:02 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Oh, I can guarantee you right now that the Rangers will reach the finals again before the bruins do. This is their last year to compete before they have to sell off so they can pay their younglings and they're not getting through Toronto or Tampa.

You should really take a look at their cap situation.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:07 p.m.
You should really take a look at their cap situation.

10 million between JFK, Heinen, McAvoy, Donato, and Carlo... How do you expect that to work out?
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:19 p.m.
Bcarlo25
10 million between JFK, Heinen, McAvoy, Donato, and Carlo... How do you expect that to work out?

Well, first off this is why I told you to take a look at things, because it’s 15.1 million in room as of today. Barring a major change donato and jfk don’t get more than a million if they’re even in the nhl, mcavoy gets 7.5, carlo gets bridged for 3.5 and heinen probably gets one or two years without too much of a bump. I think they trade Krug though, and backes LTIRetiring is a very real possibility
Dec. 18, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
Well, first off this is why I told you to take a look at things, because it’s 15.1 million in room as of today. Barring a major change donato and jfk don’t get more than a million if they’re even in the nhl, mcavoy gets 7.5, carlo gets bridged for 3.5 and heinen probably gets one or two years without too much of a bump. I think they trade Krug though, and backes LTIRetiring is a very real possibility

That's my bad, I forgot about Chara.

You gotta expect Heinen to get more than a little increase after almost scoring 50 points last season. Donato and JFK will both get more than a million easy (JFK is required to in order for it to be a qualifying offer). I'd be surprised if Carlo wanted a bridge deal
Dec. 18, 2018 at 4:02 p.m.
Bcarlo25
That's my bad, I forgot about Chara.

You gotta expect Heinen to get more than a little increase after almost scoring 50 points last season. Donato and JFK will both get more than a million easy (JFK is required to in order for it to be a qualifying offer). I'd be surprised if Carlo wanted a bridge deal

Then sure, five Carlo the chychrun deal, just a little less because he isn’t as offensive.

Heinen had 47 last year, but he’s been non existent offensively since about 3/4 of the way through last season. It happens to players all the time, but it doesn’t lead to a bigger deal in their second contract.

Donato has been so horrible, he’s not getting a bump, he’s more likely to be in the minors.

Jfk has been okay, but he’s the type of rfa that has legit zero rights because they burned a year or his elc. It’s very possible he isn’t in the nhl for next year.
Dec. 18, 2018 at 4:03 p.m.

... because CorsiRel is the best way to measure a defenceman's effectiveness and value.

shakes head

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll