Forums/Armchair-GM

why wont he make a trade

Created by: Wildfan24
Team: 2018-19 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 1, 2019
Published: Jan. 1, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
i get its difficult but he has to do something its free falling and we cant ( owner doesnt want a rebuild)
Trades
DAL
  1. Brodin, Jonas
  2. Granlund, Mikael
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (MIN)
MIN
  1. Stone, Mark
Additional Details:
signs 8x8
OTT
  1. Eriksson Ek, Joel
  2. Niederreiter, Nino
  3. 2019 1st round pick (MIN)
MIN
  1. Gudbranson, Erik ($1,500,000 retained)
VAN
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (MIN)
  2. 2020 4th round pick (MIN)
  3. 2021 4th round pick (MIN)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$79,500,000$75,301,924$25,000$900,000$4,198,076
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$7,350,000$7,350,000
RW
UFA - 1
$916,666$916,666 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$687,500$687,500
RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,187,500$5,187,500
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 1, 2019 at 7:22 p.m.
Franson154
you have to give up than that to get stone and seguin
Jan. 1, 2019 at 10:14 p.m.
Few things:

1. I'm completely with you, it's so frustrating watching this team lose games we should be winning. We could fix that with a trade, and one must be made sometime soon.

2. Problem is, none of our guys have any trade value. Zucker and Nino in particular haven't done jack this year, and with a good amount of cap on their contracts it's pretty hard to move them. Coyle I actually have grown to like over the past month. Wild fans have always thought he could be a 30 goal guy but that's just not who he is. If you accept him as a middle 6'er who is a complimentary piece, he's a pretty good player. I think trading Brodin is a bad idea, even if we got another LD. He's still young, he's defensively sound, and while he won't deliver crushing hits or put up big offensive numbers, we don't really need him to. We have no depth in our prospect pool to be his eventual replacement (side note: I was really hoping we could snag K'Andre Miller at the draft if we went for a defenseman). Eriksson Ek had a lot of promise when he was drafted but he's looking more and more like a bust (another side note: maybe we can flip him to Philly for Patrick since both of these guys have been disappointing and Fletcher is the one who drafted Ek).

3. I think we need to accept this season as a loss and sell at the deadline. Eichel is out with an injury, maybe Sabres would want Staal so they don't completely tank in the standings and he'd provide good depth as a 2C when Eichel is back if his injury isn't season-ending. I'd hate to lose Spurgeon, but I'd love to see him lift the cup even if it weren't on the Wild. Spurge could get a nice return at the deadline (probably more than McDonagh did).

4. Do whatever we can to trade up into the top 10 and snag a center at the draft. Staal and Koivu are really showing their age and we must get a replacement ASAP. I would kill to see Dach or Cozens in a Wild sweater and there's other guys like Turcotte, Lavoie, or Newhook that look decent as well.
A_K liked this.
Jan. 1, 2019 at 10:28 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
You need to give up more than that for Stone and Seguin. And you need to give up much less than that for Gudbranson.
Jan. 1, 2019 at 10:30 p.m.
Quoting: arousedcat
Few things:

1. I'm completely with you, it's so frustrating watching this team lose games we should be winning. We could fix that with a trade, and one must be made sometime soon.

2. Problem is, none of our guys have any trade value. Zucker and Nino in particular haven't done jack this year, and with a good amount of cap on their contracts it's pretty hard to move them. Coyle I actually have grown to like over the past month. Wild fans have always thought he could be a 30 goal guy but that's just not who he is. If you accept him as a middle 6'er who is a complimentary piece, he's a pretty good player. I think trading Brodin is a bad idea, even if we got another LD. He's still young, he's defensively sound, and while he won't deliver crushing hits or put up big offensive numbers, we don't really need him to. We have no depth in our prospect pool to be his eventual replacement (side note: I was really hoping we could snag K'Andre Miller at the draft if we went for a defenseman). Eriksson Ek had a lot of promise when he was drafted but he's looking more and more like a bust (another side note: maybe we can flip him to Philly for Patrick since both of these guys have been disappointing and Fletcher is the one who drafted Ek).

3. I think we need to accept this season as a loss and sell at the deadline. Eichel is out with an injury, maybe Sabres would want Staal so they don't completely tank in the standings and he'd provide good depth as a 2C when Eichel is back if his injury isn't season-ending. I'd hate to lose Spurgeon, but I'd love to see him lift the cup even if it weren't on the Wild. Spurge could get a nice return at the deadline (probably more than McDonagh did).

4. Do whatever we can to trade up into the top 10 and snag a center at the draft. Staal and Koivu are really showing their age and we must get a replacement ASAP. I would kill to see Dach or Cozens in a Wild sweater and there's other guys like Turcotte, Lavoie, or Newhook that look decent as well.

i agree with everything. I have always been a coyle fan( bought his jeresy his 2nd season when he changed numbers to 3) i think almost every fan would rather this team throw this season away now instead of tring to fix the problems we have. ek for patrick would be awesome would have to believe we need to give up more. a top 10 pick would be sweet again if the wild continue there play we may get that top 10 pick with our own. we currently sitting 11th worst as is. drafting a skilled center has to be top priority followed by a goalie. I still have to think some teams are still big believers on nino and zucker even with there pour seasons.
Jan. 1, 2019 at 10:31 p.m.
Quoting: Icegirl
You need to give up more than that for Stone and Seguin. And you need to give up much less than that for Gudbranson.

i can seeing needing to give up more for stone but the segiun trade i thought was very reasonable. i gave up the 3 picks for gudbransson so they kept some salary
Jan. 1, 2019 at 11:29 p.m.
Champs4Ever
Quoting: Wildfan24
i can seeing needing to give up more for stone but the segiun trade i thought was very reasonable. i gave up the 3 picks for gudbransson so they kept some salary[/quote

Would u rather have Stone over duchene?
Jan. 2, 2019 at 2:47 a.m.
Quoting: WildChild

i would rather stone then duchene just not a huge fan of duchene plus stones a right shot. i know the wild need a center im just not totaly sold on duchene
Jan. 2, 2019 at 10:16 a.m.
Quoting: Wildfan24
i agree with everything. I have always been a coyle fan( bought his jeresy his 2nd season when he changed numbers to 3) i think almost every fan would rather this team throw this season away now instead of tring to fix the problems we have. ek for patrick would be awesome would have to believe we need to give up more. a top 10 pick would be sweet again if the wild continue there play we may get that top 10 pick with our own. we currently sitting 11th worst as is. drafting a skilled center has to be top priority followed by a goalie. I still have to think some teams are still big believers on nino and zucker even with there pour seasons.

I also own a Coyle jersey (replica alternate 3rd), lol, but yeah he's been great with Parise and Kunin. I actually think Patrick is a "bust" in the sense he isn't the 1C he was drafted to be, but I think he'll be a 40-50 point guy in his prime. We would definitely have to add a little if we wanted to get him from Philly (sunk cost fallacy I'm afraid).

As for drafting, I think we definitely need to add a good goalie. Kahkonen has been good this year but goalies are such a weird position that anything could happen to change that. I think using a high pick on one is a mistake, though. Grab a bunch of centers, a LD or two, and a goalie.

Actually, if you listen to the Russo-Souhan podcast, Russo has heard from sources that nobody really wants Nino or Zucker right now. Fenton has been trying to trade them since the summer (if you didn't hear we almost traded Zucker, Nino, and Ennis for Domi and Dvorak but Chayka backed out), and that hasn't changed. It's hard enough to make trades for guys with big contracts in the middle of a season, so when you add in the fact they aren't playing well it's nearly impossible to get a fair deal.
Jan. 2, 2019 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: WildChild

I'd take Stone over Duchene. If Duchene were a right shot, though, I might feel differently.
Wildfan24 liked this.
Jan. 2, 2019 at 2:21 p.m.
Champs4Ever
I also own a Coyle jersey (replica alternate 3rd), lol, but yeah he's been great with Parise and Kunin. I actually think Patrick is a "bust" in the sense he isn't the 1C he was drafted to be, but I think he'll be a 40-50 point guy in his prime. We would definitely have to add a little if we wanted to get him from Philly (sunk cost fallacy I'm afraid).

As for drafting, I think we definitely need to add a good goalie. Kahkonen has been good this year but goalies are such a weird position that anything could happen to change that. I think using a high pick on one is a mistake, though. Grab a bunch of centers, a LD or two, and a goalie.

Actually, if you listen to the Russo-Souhan podcast, Russo has heard from sources that nobody really wants Nino or Zucker right now. Fenton has been trying to trade them since the summer (if you didn't hear we almost traded Zucker, Nino, and Ennis for Domi and Dvorak but Chayka backed out), and that hasn't changed. It's hard enough to make trades for guys with big contracts in the middle of a season, so when you add in the fact they aren't playing well it's nearly impossible to get a fair deal.

The whole Ennis situation pisses me off, and the fact we have to pay him to play against us is stupid. I do think that Nino will be traded before Zucker, but nobody is biting.
Jan. 2, 2019 at 2:23 p.m.
Champs4Ever
I'd take Stone over Duchene. If Duchene were a right shot, though, I might feel differently.

Is there a right shot center that would make us better? Maybe a Seguin type center trade wouldn't be out of reach.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll