Carter Verhaeghe
Ryan Callahan
2019 1st round pick (SJS)

Tampa Bay gets:
Matt Duchene
Brendan Guile
Jason Pominville
Danny O'Regan
About $12 million+ in added cap space after the season without breaking up their top 2 lines
Gives Pommer one good last shot at the cup
Trades
BUF
  1. Foote, Cal
  2. Miller, J.T.
  3. 2019 1st round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Turns into a 2020 1st round pick (TBL) If Tampa Bay wins the Stanley Cup
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$78,414,613$142,947$1,417,500$1,085,387
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$686,667$686,667 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,766,667$4,766,667
RW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$5,600,000$5,600,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,700,000$4,700,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$202,500$202K)
RD
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,700,000$3,700,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C
UFA - 1
$715,000$715,000
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 13, 2019 at 9:34 p.m.
Banned
Let me get this straight...

Buffalo gives up:
Pominville (an aging veteran who's way past his prime)
Okposo (cap dump)
Elie (at best a 4th line player)
Guhle (B level prospect)
O'Regan (a career AHLer)

and they get back
Smith
Ryan
Miller
Foote
1st round pick

are you for real here? .. this has to be the worst 3 way deal ever thought of. None of what Buffalo is giving up gets Miller alone, or Foote, or a 1st. You're not even close on this idea.
BlueSeeker, Hedman77, GMBB and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: jonesryan

Buffalo gives up:
Okposo (cap dump)
Guhle (B level prospect)
O'Regan (a career AHLer)

and they get back
Smith
Ryan
Miller
Foote
1st round pick

are you for real here? .. this has to be the worst 3 way deal ever thought of. None of what Buffalo is giving up gets Miller alone, or Foote, or a 1st. You're not even close on this idea.

Yes thats why its a 3 way. Tampa ends up with Duchene for the pieces they add. JT Miller is a bottom 6 forward, Bobby Ryan is a cap dump, smith is a cap dump, the Sabres are giving up a higher first round pick than Tampa's, Pominville is a clear upgrade over Callahan (especially if hes going to be on Duchene's wing), Guhle is not a B prospect, he's 21 still on a cheap elc and NHL ready and Tampa ends up with 28 million dollars in cap space to resign Point and fill out their roster. Sabres get Foote and a 3C, doesn't seem that unbalanced
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:06 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Certainly a sabres fan.... this deal is horrible for Ottawa, short sighted for Tampa and great for buffalo. How buffalo gets that 1st is beyond me.
Ryminister_27, Hedman77 and GMBB liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Shibbal18
Yes thats why its a 3 way. Tampa ends up with Duchene for the pieces they add. JT Miller is a bottom 6 forward, Bobby Ryan is a cap dump, smith is a cap dump, the Sabres are giving up a higher first round pick than Tampa's, Pominville is a clear upgrade over Callahan (especially if hes going to be on Duchene's wing), Guhle is not a B prospect, he's 21 still on a cheap elc and NHL ready and Tampa ends up with 28 million dollars in cap space to resign Point and fill out their roster. Sabres get Foote and a 3C, doesn't seem that unbalanced

I understand it's a 3way trade, I can read. But there is no way that Buffalo ends up with that return for the very little that they give up. I wasn't doubting what Tampa gave up, I'm saying Buffalo is getting way too much value for not giving up anything good. The first round pick will be late, its essentially am early 2nd round pick. Callahan plays his role in Tampa better than Pominville would. Tampa doesn't need offence, Pominville is not that reliable defensively. Guhle is a B prospect. He may be NHL ready, but his ceiling is a top 4 at best, at that's IF he reaches it. An A level prospect is someone that could be a top 2 guy, Guhle is not that. Tampa can easily move Miller alone for more than what they're getting back to create cap space in the summer. It's pointless from their side. Tampa declines easily.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:14 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Jamiepo
Certainly a sabres fan.... this deal is horrible for Ottawa, short sighted for Tampa and great for buffalo. How buffalo gets that 1st is beyond me.

One of the last 1sts in the first round, when Buffalo is sending a higher first to Ottawa? Ottawa gets 2 talented young centers and a first, all they do is take a flyer on Okposo and eat Callahan's contract which ends before Ryans
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Shibbal18
I understand it's a 3way trade, I can read. But there is no way that Buffalo ends up with that return for the very little that they give up. I wasn't doubting what Tampa gave up, I'm saying Buffalo is getting way too much value for not giving up anything good. The first round pick will be late, its essentially am early 2nd round pick. Callahan plays his role in Tampa better than Pominville would. Tampa doesn't need offence, Pominville is not that reliable defensively. Guhle is a B prospect. He may be NHL ready, but his ceiling is a top 4 at best, at that's IF he reaches it. An A level prospect is someone that could be a top 2 guy, Guhle is not that. Tampa can easily move Miller alone for more than what they're getting back to create cap space in the summer. It's pointless from their side. Tampa declines easily.

You're very wrong on Pominville and Guhle and Pominville wouldn't be taking Callahan's spot. Tampa has 2 top 4 LHD already signed for a long time, Guhle, as you said is top 4 at best (he's definitely a top 4 dman), would be locked into a bottom pair role anyway with rfa control for 5 more years. Guhle and Foote are pretty interchangeable.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:28 p.m.
Log off the internet

Buffalo gives up:
Okposo (cap dump)
Guhle (B level prospect)
O'Regan (a career AHLer)

and they get back
Smith
Ryan
Miller
Foote
1st round pick

Quoting: Jamiepo
Ryminister_27 liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:30 p.m.
Banned
You're very wrong on Pominville and Guhle and Pominville wouldn't be taking Callahan's spot. Tampa has 2 top 4 LHD already signed for a long time, Guhle, as you said is top 4 at best (he's definitely a top 4 dman), would be locked into a bottom pair role anyway with rfa control for 5 more years.

Actually, you're pretty wrong on both. & I'm willing to bet that your a bias Sabres fan. Pominville is at best an average defender. He's more of an offensive guy. Callahan is one of Tampa's key PK guys that plays physical, that's not Pominville's game. & Pominwille would probably be playing 4th line RW as Joseph plays 3rd line RW and the 4RW is Callahan's spot so he's literally taking his spot and not providing the same role.

& again, you're wrong on Guhle. he may be a top 4 in the future, that's not a lock. if there was a better chance, he'd be in the NHL already on a consistent basis. He's not a lock for any spot on Tampa with Hedman, McDonagh, and Sergachev already on the left side, sure one of them can play the right side, but it doesn't make sense to play one of them on their off side when they already have Stralman and Cernak in the top 4 on the right side.

All this does for Tampa is clear cap space when they don't need to yet. They can move Miller, or Killorn, or Johnson or someone at the draft and get much better value cause there will be more teams bidding on them.

so again, you're not making any sense. Tampa declines with ease as I've said all along. Please stop replying now. You're wasting my time trying to prove your bias, untrue facts.
GMBB liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:36 p.m.
Shibbal18
Actually, you're pretty wrong on both. & I'm willing to bet that your a bias Sabres fan. Pominville is at best an average defender. He's more of an offensive guy. Callahan is one of Tampa's key PK guys that plays physical, that's not Pominville's game. & Pominwille would probably be playing 4th line RW as Joseph plays 3rd line RW and the 4RW is Callahan's spot so he's literally taking his spot and not providing the same role.

& again, you're wrong on Guhle. he may be a top 4 in the future, that's not a lock. if there was a better chance, he'd be in the NHL already on a consistent basis. He's not a lock for any spot on Tampa with Hedman, McDonagh, and Sergachev already on the left side, sure one of them can play the right side, but it doesn't make sense to play one of them on their off side when they already have Stralman and Cernak in the top 4 on the right side.

All this does for Tampa is clear cap space when they don't need to yet. They can move Miller, or Killorn, or Johnson or someone at the draft and get much better value cause there will be more teams bidding on them.

so again, you're not making any sense. Tampa declines with ease as I've said all along. Please stop replying now. You're wasting my time trying to prove your bias, untrue facts.

Guhle has been in the NHL already, hes 21, waiver exempt and the Sabres have 6 LHD and 24 players on their main roster with one on LTIR so theirs no way to fit him on the roster at this point. But I'm just a biased Sabres fan, I need to learn my place and understand every Sabres prospect is a bust and everyone else's prospects are first ballet HoFers. No one the Sabres draft will ever work out and the second they hit 19 they are already busts and they'll have no opportunity to play in the NHL. Pominville has been praised for his defensive responsibility as an offense player and is a plus 53 for his career, but what do I know, I've only watched him for 15 years now
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:40 p.m.
Banned
Guhle has been in the NHL already, hes 21, waiver exempt and the Sabres have 7 LHD and 24 players on their main roster with one on LTIR so theirs no way to fit him on the roster at this point. But I'm just a biased Sabres fan, I need to learn my place and understand every Sabres prospect is a bust and everyone else's prospects are first ballet HoFers. No one the Sabres draft will ever work out and the second they hit 19 they are already busts and they'll have no opportunity to play in the NHL. Pominville has been praised for his defensive responsibility as an offense player and is a plus 53 for his career, but what do I know, I've only watched him for 15 years now

But I'm just a biased Sabres fan, I need to learn my place ... yes. that's about the only thing you said that was right. if Guhle was as good as you say he is and he was a "lock" for an NHL spot on Tampa's defence, he'd have no problem making Buffalo's terrible defence regardless of his age. if he can't beat out Matt Hunwick, he's not as good right now as you say he is. & LOL.. plus/minus is one of the worst stats in hockey. Everyone knows that. doesn't matter if Pominville is a +53 or a +153, it's a very overrated stat that doesn't tell anything about how good a player is defensively.

now goodbye.
GMBB liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:43 p.m.
Shibbal18
But I'm just a biased Sabres fan, I need to learn my place ... yes. that's about the only thing you said that was right. if Guhle was as good as you say he is and he was a "lock" for an NHL spot on Tampa's defence, he'd have no problem making Buffalo's terrible defence regardless of his age. & LOL.. plus/minus is one of the worst stats in hockey. Everyone knows that. doesn't matter if Pominville is a +53 or a +153, it's a very overrated stat that doesn't tell anything about how good a player is defensively.

now goodbye.

Buffalos defence has not been terrible, but whatever, you clearly know nothing about the Sabres and are the typical bandwagoner that wants to s**t on them because they were rebuilding when you started watching hockey. Peace
Jan. 13, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
Banned
Buffalos defence has not been terrible, but whatever, you clearly know nothing about the Sabres and are the typical bandwagoner that wants to s**t on them because they were rebuilding when you started watching hockey. Peace

bud, not one person has agreed with you on this 3way trade. & by my count, there's 3 people agreeing with the points I've made on it. if Guhle can't beat out Matt Hunwick right now, you might wanna rethink how good he is right now. & trust me, I'm not a bandwagoner. I don't even like the Sabres. I just know hockey. and I know a heck of a lot more than what you think you know.

But welcome yourself to the ignore list, cause you'll be the only one there now.
GenXHockey and GMBB liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 11:10 p.m.
Shibbal18
bud, not one person has agreed with you on this 3way trade. & by my count, there's 3 people agreeing with the points I've made on it. if Guhle can't beat out Matt Hunwick right now, you might wanna rethink how good he is right now. & trust me, I'm not a bandwagoner. I don't even like the Sabres. I just know hockey. and I know a heck of a lot more than what you think you know.

But welcome yourself to the ignore list, cause you'll be the only one there now.

Do you think I'm on here for everyone's approval lol, I don't care if people agree with you and I'm not adding you to my ignore list, I'm here to banter about hockey, no hurt feelings
GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 13, 2019 at 11:38 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Do you think I'm on here for everyone's approval lol, I don't care if people agree with you and I'm not adding you to my ignore list, I'm here to banter about hockey, no hurt feelings

It’s just a bad trade, it’s oversized undervalued and completely unrealistic.

You could actually cut Buffalo out of the trade and it would actually make more sense for both teams.
GMBB liked this.
Jan. 14, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Yeah TB is giving up too much here. The "cap saving" they are getting is only in the form of Callahan which if push came to shove and he was willing to waive, could be loaded on someone else with a 1st. Plenty of teams would take Callahan on to get a 1st also. No need to do the rest of the trades.

Aside from that, there's too much going on here. This unnecessarily big for a 3 way trade.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll