2. 2019 7th round pick (CBJ)
CBJ
  1. Allen, Jake
  2. Blais, Samuel
  3. 2019 3rd round pick (STL)
STL
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (WPG)
VGK
  1. Steen, Alexander ($2,000,000 retained)
STL
  1. 2019 5th round pick (PIT)
STL
  1. 2019 1st round pick (STL)
BUF
  1. 2020 1st round pick (STL)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$79,500,000$60,480,987$150,988$415,000$19,019,013
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$758,333$758,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW
UFA - 3
$5,125,000$5,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
UFA - 5
$5,350,000$5,350,000
LW
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,166$894,166
C, RW
UFA - 3
$875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$741,667$741,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$7,425,000$7,425,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 22, 2019 at 9:55 a.m.
I don't mind the deals. I just wonder of Allen, Blais and a 3rd is enough to get Bob. You know other teams that need goaltending are going to outbid that. I would love to have him, but I am thinking the Blues may have to give up a top prospect for him, upon resigning him. I think IF we are able to resign him it may take a Kostin or Kyrou to get him. To be honest, I may be OK with that IF we can resign him. The Blues are so desperate to fix the goaltending issues they have had for years that I think they may be willing to as well. Still need other moves as well though.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 10:12 a.m.
Pop Pop
And then Bob walks as a ufa and your out those assets. If do the Toronto deal if you can get that not sure you can though.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 10:15 a.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
And then Bob walks as a ufa and your out those assets. If do the Toronto deal if you can get that not sure you can though.

To be honest, I may still be willing to do that....even if we lose the assets. I dont think Blais is going to be anything but a 4th liner... maybe a 3rd liner at best. Allen.... just want to move on from him. I would NOT want to lose the 3rd rd pick tho. But if it means getting away from the Allen contract and starting over with the goaltending... then have to consider.

The problem is... if you do that and "start over"... who do you get? If Bob doesnt resign here what are your choices? Not very many. I expect Howard to stay in Detroit and Varlamov in Col... so that leaves you with Talbot????
Jan. 22, 2019 at 10:18 a.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers

I figure with Toronto's meh defense the past month or so, they might be more willing. also those are assets that the Blues are totally fine losing.

Quoting: mobluesfan
I don't mind the deals. I just wonder of Allen, Blais and a 3rd is enough to get Bob. You know other teams that need goaltending are going to outbid that. I would love to have him, but I am thinking the Blues may have to give up a top prospect for him, upon resigning him. I think IF we are able to resign him it may take a Kostin or Kyrou to get him. To be honest, I may be OK with that IF we can resign him. The Blues are so desperate to fix the goaltending issues they have had for years that I think they may be willing to as well. Still need other moves as well though.

He's a UFA goalie who isn't performing great right now and has a dodgy history in the playoffs. If they want Kostin or Kyrou, we laugh and hang up. That's not worth it for bob. I'm not sure there is going to be a desperate market for him.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 10:27 a.m.
Banned
Doubt the Blues make the playoff this year, So no way Bobrovsky waives his NMC to go to St Louis.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 10:59 a.m.
Quoting: Larkinisking
Doubt the Blues make the playoff this year, So no way Bobrovsky waives his NMC to go to St Louis.

Rumors that he'd be willing to waive for STL (from Lebrun).
mobluesfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: BluesGetTheCup
Rumors that he'd be willing to waive for STL (from Lebrun).

Not sure why, When St Louis pretty much has no chance at making the playoffs. But i've seen worse so it wouldn't shock me.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
I figure with Toronto's meh defense the past month or so, they might be more willing. also those are assets that the Blues are totally fine losing.

He's a UFA goalie who isn't performing great right now and has a dodgy history in the playoffs. If they want Kostin or Kyrou, we laugh and hang up. That's not worth it for bob. I'm not sure there is going to be a desperate market for him.

We can agree to disagree on this one. There are teams looking for an upgrade in goalie and there are not much to choose from. Next year the only worthwhile free agents are Bob, Varlamov, then it drops to Mike Smith, Jimmy Howard, Cam Talbot... then even further with Elliott and Ward. So there will be a market for Bob for sure.

Also, to back it up with stats....since the 2016-2017 season among starters (over 90 starts in 3 years), Bob ranks #1 in wins with 97, 2nd in GAA with a 2.38 behind only Rask and 2nd in Save with a .922. Last year he was 7th in GAA and 8th in Save%. This year we all know he has struggled. Take out this year (at least 60 starts for 2016-2018).... he is #1 in Wins with 78, #1 in GAA with 2.24 and #2 in Save% with .926 behind only Raanta at .927 with 56 less starts.

So say what you want about how good you think Bob is, but he is considered elite. Stats back it up. I would love to have him on my team.

It's been reported that the Blues are one of the teams that Bob has interest in. I would have to go back and find it (if i could), but rumors persist that the Blues have inquired and there is mutual interest.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Not sure why, When St Louis pretty much has no chance at making the playoffs. But i've seen worse so it wouldn't shock me.

I think it has to do with the future. Even this year, if the Blues has a consistent goalie... not elite, but just consistent... they would be a playoff team no doubt. I think they still need to possibly make some other changes, but goaltending definitely needs an upgrade.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
We can agree to disagree on this one. There are teams looking for an upgrade in goalie and there are not much to choose from. Next year the only worthwhile free agents are Bob, Varlamov, then it drops to Mike Smith, Jimmy Howard, Cam Talbot... then even further with Elliott and Ward. So there will be a market for Bob for sure.

Also, to back it up with stats....since the 2016-2017 season among starters (over 90 starts in 3 years), Bob ranks #1 in wins with 97, 2nd in GAA with a 2.38 behind only Rask and 2nd in Save with a .922. Last year he was 7th in GAA and 8th in Save%. This year we all know he has struggled. Take out this year (at least 60 starts for 2016-2018).... he is #1 in Wins with 78, #1 in GAA with 2.24 and #2 in Save% with .926 behind only Raanta at .927 with 56 less starts.

So say what you want about how good you think Bob is, but he is considered elite. Stats back it up. I would love to have him on my team.

It's been reported that the Blues are one of the teams that Bob has interest in. I would have to go back and find it (if i could), but rumors persist that the Blues have inquired and there is mutual interest.

Sorry I explained wrong. What I meant is that GMs will be able to drive the asking price down because of his poor performance (this year) and his lack of playoff success in general. I personally think he's an elite goalie and would love to have him. (especially by GSAA).
Jan. 22, 2019 at 11:19 a.m.
Sorry I explained wrong. What I meant is that GMs will be able to drive the asking price down because of his poor performance (this year) and his lack of playoff success in general. I personally think he's an elite goalie and would love to have him. (especially by GSAA).

I hope that will drive the price down. I get that is a risk, but considering the options.... i would take him in a heartbeat. I still dont think Allen, Blais and a 3rd is enuf though. I dont know if they would want Allen, thats the stickler. I heard Philly had interest in Allen, hopefully. I wonder if Steen would like to go to Columbus, he likes hard nose coaches like Torts...obvious familiarity with the GM Kek.

I dont know, i just hope they can make it work.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
I hope that will drive the price down. I get that is a risk, but considering the options.... i would take him in a heartbeat. I still dont think Allen, Blais and a 3rd is enuf though. I dont know if they would want Allen, thats the stickler. I heard Philly had interest in Allen, hopefully. I wonder if Steen would like to go to Columbus, he likes hard nose coaches like Torts...obvious familiarity with the GM Kek.

I dont know, i just hope they can make it work.

I went Vegas cause of Stastny - he might waive to play with him - and they like 2 way forwards.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 11:28 a.m.
I went Vegas cause of Stastny - he might waive to play with him - and they like 2 way forwards.

I've heard that to, just not sure how the money works. I'm sure the Blues will probably have to pay part of the salary, but Vegas is close to cap if you take away all the guys on IR that will eventually come off. I dont think there are many teams Steen would waive to go to which puts us in a pickle. I had a trade on here earlier that was Steen to Vegas for Eric Haula and Oscar Lindberg. Money works and it gives us depth where we could let guys that aren't working go. Not sure that's feasible.... but if you go to Vegas your are going to have to take similar money
Jan. 22, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
No to Bob. He'll be a UFA and cost too much money. You could get a 3rd or late second for Bouwmeester based on the way he's playing. I really hate the idea of taking on Zaitsev but Blues could possibly flip him with a pick to another team.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 1:29 p.m.
Quoting: Chopper02
No to Bob. He'll be a UFA and cost too much money. You could get a 3rd or late second for Bouwmeester based on the way he's playing. I really hate the idea of taking on Zaitsev but Blues could possibly flip him with a pick to another team.

yeah, but getting rid of Allen is worth it. I'm not sure you can get that much for Bouw. His metrics are still pretty bad as far as possession goes. I'm sure you could convince an old school GM that he's still good.

I don't like the idea of getting Zaitsev either, but if it means getting a 1st, Kapanen and Liljegren you bite the bullet and then flip him or buy him out.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 1:47 p.m.
yeah, but getting rid of Allen is worth it. I'm not sure you can get that much for Bouw. His metrics are still pretty bad as far as possession goes. I'm sure you could convince an old school GM that he's still good.

I don't like the idea of getting Zaitsev either, but if it means getting a 1st, Kapanen and Liljegren you bite the bullet and then flip him or buy him out.

You might be able to get rid of Allen to someone else. I don't see Bob signing for any less than 5 years at 8.5 and i wouldn't do that.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 2:06 p.m.
You might be able to get rid of Allen to someone else. I don't see Bob signing for any less than 5 years at 8.5 and i wouldn't do that.

I'm not sure on how many places are willing to take Allen.... Philly was rumored to be one. I say dump him where ever you can. Based on my stats I listed above, I would give Bob that. The blues have been in goalie limbo for years and havent had a bonafide goalie since Joseph/Fuhr. I believe that Bob is still elite and arguably a top 3-5 goalie in the NHL under the right situation.

If we want to continue with a constant rotation of mediocre goaltending or we want to pin our hopes on a rookie goaltender, then so be it. But I think we all agree we need to move on from Allen... but what are the other options out there? Talbot? He's available, but is that really much better than what you have? Varlamov? Sure if he doesnt re-sign with Avs (which I think he will based on the Avs knowing there isnt much out there to replace him) and he is going to get paid to. Probably not Bob money, but he will get paid. Then what? Howard? I would take him, but I still think Detroit may hold onto him. Elliott? Cam Ward? I dont think so.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 2:09 p.m.

I just read an article on The Athletic by Jeremy Rutherford that had some stats and metrics about the Dman. Jaybo has been much better as of late. I think he is playing himself into at least a 4th, if not maybe even a 3rd if he keeps it up. I still believe we may have to pay part of the salary, but I believe he will definitely garner some interest at the TDL.

Not sure about Zaitsev either..... i dont think they would buy him out... cause they just don't do those types of things. Maybe could flip him, but not sure.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 2:48 p.m.
I just read an article on The Athletic by Jeremy Rutherford that had some stats and metrics about the Dman. Jaybo has been much better as of late. I think he is playing himself into at least a 4th, if not maybe even a 3rd if he keeps it up. I still believe we may have to pay part of the salary, but I believe he will definitely garner some interest at the TDL.

Not sure about Zaitsev either..... i dont think they would buy him out... cause they just don't do those types of things. Maybe could flip him, but not sure.

Yeah, but even looking at Bouwmeester's recent stats he's been meh (according to that article). It's gone from holy **** this guy couldn't play in my beer league, to okay fine he's an NHLer.
mobluesfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2019 at 5:44 p.m.
I'm not sure on how many places are willing to take Allen.... Philly was rumored to be one. I say dump him where ever you can. Based on my stats I listed above, I would give Bob that. The blues have been in goalie limbo for years and havent had a bonafide goalie since Joseph/Fuhr. I believe that Bob is still elite and arguably a top 3-5 goalie in the NHL under the right situation.

If we want to continue with a constant rotation of mediocre goaltending or we want to pin our hopes on a rookie goaltender, then so be it. But I think we all agree we need to move on from Allen... but what are the other options out there? Talbot? He's available, but is that really much better than what you have? Varlamov? Sure if he doesnt re-sign with Avs (which I think he will based on the Avs knowing there isnt much out there to replace him) and he is going to get paid to. Probably not Bob money, but he will get paid. Then what? Howard? I would take him, but I still think Detroit may hold onto him. Elliott? Cam Ward? I dont think so.

I believe you don't need an elite goaltender to be a Stanley Cup winner as long as they make the saves they need to make and not give up the ones they shouldn't. Murray is a good goaltender, but not elite. Osgood was always good, not great. I agree, move on from Allen, but why not see what Binnington/Husso can do? It'll cost a lot less and we still move on. Goalie has to get his chance somewhere.
Jan. 23, 2019 at 9:15 a.m.
I believe you don't need an elite goaltender to be a Stanley Cup winner as long as they make the saves they need to make and not give up the ones they shouldn't. Murray is a good goaltender, but not elite. Osgood was always good, not great. I agree, move on from Allen, but why not see what Binnington/Husso can do? It'll cost a lot less and we still move on. Goalie has to get his chance somewhere.

I completely agree with you on that. I'm not totally against dumping Allen and going with Binny/Husso the rest of the way, but I'm not sure how ideal that is. We do have a good team, yes we play like crap sometimes, but i think the makings a good team are there. It's never a good idea to just throw rookies into the goaltending spotlight as this could hurt their growth. Typically you want a veteran to share the load and work them in. I dont think any team that wants to truly compete would just throw 2 rookie goalies out there and see what happens. Also, with the way Husso has played this year I would be very leery of bringing him up at this point. If you want to go that route, then I think you need to bring in another veteran goalie who can help the young guy(s) along. But I am also getting tired of seeing what our young guys can do... we just can't seem to develop any goalies. Havent in a long time.

Bob is a home run, i get that. I'm not saying thats the only option. If they want to go cheaper and bring in a Talbot type of guy and have him split time with Binny, then thats ok to.
Jan. 23, 2019 at 12:28 p.m.
I completely agree with you on that. I'm not totally against dumping Allen and going with Binny/Husso the rest of the way, but I'm not sure how ideal that is. We do have a good team, yes we play like crap sometimes, but i think the makings a good team are there. It's never a good idea to just throw rookies into the goaltending spotlight as this could hurt their growth. Typically you want a veteran to share the load and work them in. I dont think any team that wants to truly compete would just throw 2 rookie goalies out there and see what happens. Also, with the way Husso has played this year I would be very leery of bringing him up at this point. If you want to go that route, then I think you need to bring in another veteran goalie who can help the young guy(s) along. But I am also getting tired of seeing what our young guys can do... we just can't seem to develop any goalies. Havent in a long time.

Bob is a home run, i get that. I'm not saying thats the only option. If they want to go cheaper and bring in a Talbot type of guy and have him split time with Binny, then thats ok to.

Dont disagree with the veteran/rookie status goaltending duo. In fact it's usually important. At rhis point, I just want a good home grown talent in goal and stick with him. We had one and traded him (Bishop) because Army thought Allen was better. Husso's struggles this season were pretty indicative of the team in general. They had a terrible start to the year as a whole.
If the Blues want to have a consistent game, game in and out, they'll trade one of Steen or Petro. I was talking to a friend about that the other day that if you notice when one or the other is injured the team plays well and is on the same page for the most part. When both are in the lineup it's Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde. So the issue is clearly with those two. Someone else took notice as someone wrote a blog about it last night.
Jan. 23, 2019 at 12:52 p.m.
Dont disagree with the veteran/rookie status goaltending duo. In fact it's usually important. At rhis point, I just want a good home grown talent in goal and stick with him. We had one and traded him (Bishop) because Army thought Allen was better. Husso's struggles this season were pretty indicative of the team in general. They had a terrible start to the year as a whole.
If the Blues want to have a consistent game, game in and out, they'll trade one of Steen or Petro. I was talking to a friend about that the other day that if you notice when one or the other is injured the team plays well and is on the same page for the most part. When both are in the lineup it's Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde. So the issue is clearly with those two. Someone else took notice as someone wrote a blog about it last night.

Definitely agree - would obviously rather move Steen because of his contract, but moving Petro would be more profitable for the Blues. Which honestly is why I did both...

That being said we don't have to re-sign Bob here. It gets us out of Allen's contract which is crucial IMO. That way maybe Bob really turns it on and shows he's elite again so we resign him if it's reasonable. Worst case he walks and we go with Binnington/Husso. I don't hate it.
Chopper02 and mobluesfan liked this.
Jan. 23, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
Definitely agree - would obviously rather move Steen because of his contract, but moving Petro would be more profitable for the Blues. Which honestly is why I did both...

That being said we don't have to re-sign Bob here. It gets us out of Allen's contract which is crucial IMO. That way maybe Bob really turns it on and shows he's elite again so we resign him if it's reasonable. Worst case he walks and we go with Binnington/Husso. I don't hate it.

I think if this team wants to move forward, they have to move on from Allen. From what I heard, the Blues have had several trades over the years in place for Steen, but he would not waive his no trade clause. That's what stinks, he controls everything. There may be only a few teams that he would go to, who are those teams???

I also believe that they will trade Petro. Although I think its more than likely an off-season deal. Unless Toronto really wows you with an offer. I dont believe the Blues want to pay him $8m a year for 5-7 years after he turns 30 and has led this team no where. The thing that really sticks out to me is when Petro is hit hard, sat on, cheap shotted, etc.... no one, i mean no one comes to his aid. And this happens a lot. I think it speaks volumes that this kind of stuff happens on a regular basis and there is no response.

The 2 hardest things the Blues need to do, but need to find a way to do... is move Steen and move Allen... and hopefully find a replacement. Getting rid of Petro will be easy and we should be able to haul in a good package for him as well.
A_K liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll