SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

If Stone wanted to sign

Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 24, 2019
Published: Feb. 24, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
How does he fit under the cap if Chara returns and they can't move Backes?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$4,500,000
2$2,500,000
5$6,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$3,000,000
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$82,040,834$0$962,500$1,459,166
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 25, 2019 at 5:26 p.m.
Quoting: Breakaway
It really wasn't going to be that hard to make it happen. Backes is out and so could be a number of others like Moore, Coyle, Heinen ect. You don't pass up on 1st liners to keep 3rd liners lol.

It doesn't matter now because Stone is resigning with Vegas and the Bruins won't likely pursue Panarin imo. They could resign MOJO, but that'd be an easier feat so please don't feel like you and you're buddy need to make it harder than it actually is to do so. Backes will work with the team imo to get himself moved to another team if he plays. They'll suggest he's destined to the AHL and he'll take a trade to get another shot or retire or LTIR for Concussions. I'd hardly call the willingness to surrender a 1st round pick to move him waiving a magic wand lmao nor are the other scenarios. Seems pretty realistic to me and most other people of other fan bases would take that deal if they have plenty of cap room and wanted more prospects if it went the trade route. I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder now to move him because Stone won't be on the market and it doesn't make sense to do unless you're getting back a top line player with that cap space.

If Backes wants to play next year it will be tough to move him still. Most teams won’t take him without retention. The teams that want him for cap floor, he won’t go to. Best hope is he decides to retire but not file the paperwork and they place him on LTIR.

They may sniff around Panarin but he has no interest in Boston anyway. MoJo was brought in as a pure rental. If he proves to be a great fit or puts up crazy numbers they may rethink that. Doubt it. They will focus internally.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:02 p.m.
Bruins Fan
Quoting: Gofnut999
If Backes wants to play next year it will be tough to move him still. Most teams won’t take him without retention. The teams that want him for cap floor, he won’t go to. Best hope is he decides to retire but not file the paperwork and they place him on LTIR.

They may sniff around Panarin but he has no interest in Boston anyway. MoJo was brought in as a pure rental. If he proves to be a great fit or puts up crazy numbers they may rethink that. Doubt it. They will focus internally.

Mojo might be a rental but like you said if he plays really well they may make an effort to resign the guy.

Backes might just retire anyways and it'll be interesting to see what or how much of a recapture penalty will be given. There could be loopholes too which Don Sweeney is clearly smart enough to figure out given that he went to college at Harvard. It's really nothing to worry about until the time comes in the first place. All you'll do thinking about it is make yourself stressed out because you don't know which direction they'll go in until it actually happens and unless you plan on going through the entire CBA you won't be able to determine if there is a loophole that would work. It might also happen that if you looked over the entire CBA and possibly found a loophole, yet couldn't confrim it because of a lack of the appropriate information to tell if it'd work so it'd most likely be a waste of time until someone with inside knowledge sits down to do it when they get closer to making a decision this offseason.

For now it's time to up your belief factor in the Bruins and just have fun watching the games and know they did what they could with-in reason to improve the team for this years playoffs. That's really all a fan can ask and I in no way feel like they gave up a big part of the future. Donato may be good, but he wasn't going to help as much this season as Coyle and it wasn't a pure rental so the value is pretty solid. MOJO's deal is good. I think I'd have rather gotten Wood and it might have been you who mentioned it in my thread that you thought MOJO would be the option they'd give us. Good call on that.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: Breakaway
Mojo might be a rental but like you said if he plays really well they may make an effort to resign the guy.

Backes might just retire anyways and it'll be interesting to see what or how much of a recapture penalty will be given. There could be loopholes too which Don Sweeney is clearly smart enough to figure out given that he went to college at Harvard. It's really nothing to worry about until the time comes in the first place. All you'll do thinking about it is make yourself stressed out because you don't know which direction they'll go in until it actually happens and unless you plan on going through the entire CBA you won't be able to determine if there is a loophole that would work. It might also happen that if you looked over the entire CBA and possibly found a loophole, yet couldn't confrim it because of a lack of the appropriate information to tell if it'd work so it'd most likely be a waste of time until someone with inside knowledge sits down to do it when they get closer to making a decision this offseason.

For now it's time to up your belief factor in the Bruins and just have fun watching the games and know they did what they could with-in reason to improve the team for this years playoffs. That's really all a fan can ask and I in no way feel like they gave up a big part of the future. Donato may be good, but he wasn't going to help as much this season as Coyle and it wasn't a pure rental so the value is pretty solid. MOJO's deal is good. I think I'd have rather gotten Wood and it might have been you who mentioned it in my thread that you thought MOJO would be the option they'd give us. Good call on that.

I’m happy with what they did. The issue has been 3rd line and secondary scoring and a 3rd center and they just filled it. Without breaking the bank.

I’ve heard all sorts of things on Backes to the point i don’t know what to believe as far as a recapture penalty. I’ve heard none. I’ve heard 2m. Still better than his buyout cost.

He is frustrated. I think he wants out as much as we want him out. I just don’t know if he’ll have the desire to play next year really. So let;s win the Cup, put his name on it, and put him out of his misery. And ours.

Ya i’d rather had Wood to. He was signed long term and cheap tho. Prob was me that called MoJo as Devil we’d get if we did. I said it on more thsn one post. Lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll