Forums/Armchair-GM

My take

Created by: Bcarlo25
Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 11, 2019
Published: Mar. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The contracts: Chara on a 3 million deal with 2 million in easy incentives.
Carlo is based on the chychrun deal, but the bruins buy out one more year of ufa because Carlo doesn’t have quite the offensive numbers of hcychrun.
Mcavoy deal is based on ekblad, but given that he only has 2 years of service, he has no real rfa rights, so it’s a bit of a cut from that. If he wants 4 years so he’s still an rfa, Sweeney could do that, but he shouldn’t offer anything other than 8 or 4. Mcavoy has no real negotiating tools.
The trade: Moore is still a good player, but the absolute breakout year from grizz leaves him behind grizz, Krug, and Chara. Tough group of guys to break through. Edmonton should try to target guys that have lots of term left with manageable cap hits. Moore is a 4-5 d man, and since it’s so hard to get ufa players to sign in Edmonton, I think the oilers would be really happy to pick him up.
I just can’t see backes on this team after he gets his bonus on July first. He’s basically a 4th line fighter at this point, and I can’t see him continuing to do that for 2 more years with his concussion issues. Maybe he retires, maybe he ltir retires, maybe a trade is worked out since he’s owed so few real dollars on the last two years of his deal. I don’t think moving him will be as tough as some.

Studnicka is ready for third line center duty, or top six rw duty in my opinion. Vaakanainen gets some games depending on how the blue line looks. Lauzon is also an option.

Grizz gets a 5 year 18 million extension
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$950,000
7$4,600,000
8$7,000,000
2$2,500,000
1$1,100,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,250,000
1$3,000,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (NYI)
  2. 2020 4th round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$78,535,001$0$867,500$4,464,999
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$117,500$118K)
RW, C
RFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RW, C
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 11, 2019 at 6:20 p.m.
Rangers 2024
How about chara retires/miller gone because moore has been a great fit
Also how does 4 yrs not take McAvoy to UFA?
Mar. 11, 2019 at 6:33 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
How about chara retires/miller gone because moore has been a great fit
Also how does 4 yrs not take McAvoy to UFA?

Chara is Chara. Not going anywhere. Moore hasn’t been a great fit because the blue line is so deep

College players frequently have a year burned off their elc by joining the team after their college season, but don’t play the requisite number of games for it to qualify as a year of service towards the 7 years of service required to be a ufa. They also aren’t eligible for an offer sheet when their entry deal is up.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 6:38 p.m.
Rangers 2024
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Chara is Chara. Not going anywhere. Moore hasn’t been a great fit because the blue line is so deep

College players frequently have a year burned off their elc by joining the team after their college season, but don’t play the requisite number of games for it to qualify as a year of service towards the 7 years of service required to be a ufa. They also aren’t eligible for an offer sheet when their entry deal is up.

Isnt the number 10 or 11?
Mar. 11, 2019 at 6:43 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Isnt the number 10 or 11?

No. 7
Mar. 11, 2019 at 6:44 p.m.
Rangers 2024
No. 7

So if you had played a game 7 McAvoy wouldnt be an RFA after 4 yrs?
Mar. 11, 2019 at 6:46 p.m.
Bcarlo25
So if you had played a game 7 McAvoy wouldnt be an RFA after 4 yrs?

Oh sorry, I thought you meant years. Yes it’s 10 regular season games
Mar. 11, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Rangers 2024
Oh sorry, I thought you meant years. Yes it’s 10 regular season games

Bruh, thx
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 9:36 a.m.
I hate how its looking like another boring summer. Even though Heinen looks like the player we saw a season ago on the 1st line I'm still not fond of the idea promoting him to that position long term. Idk what the markets going to look like (both trade and FA) exactly but if they could add a top 6 RW to play with Krejci, and put Pasta with Marchy/Bergy and Heinen with Stud/Coyle that'd be my ideal situation. Celharik has looked good in bits and pieces, overall decent play but that could just be from hopping up and down from AHL to NHL. But in the end Heinen being on the top line is what bothers me the most.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: ngikas
I hate how its looking like another boring summer. Even though Heinen looks like the player we saw a season ago on the 1st line I'm still not fond of the idea promoting him to that position long term. Idk what the markets going to look like (both trade and FA) exactly but if they could add a top 6 RW to play with Krejci, and put Pasta with Marchy/Bergy and Heinen with Stud/Coyle that'd be my ideal situation. Celharik has looked good in bits and pieces, overall decent play but that could just be from hopping up and down from AHL to NHL. But in the end Heinen being on the top line is what bothers me the most.

Why? He’s been awesome
Mar. 12, 2019 at 12:36 p.m.
I think if they can move Backes, Moore stays. Expansion draft coming up for Seattle and can play both sides, he would be excellent for them. Also sets a bad precedent when you trade a UFA that you attracted to your team a year after they signed. He's played well, can play both sides and Sweeney loves his D depth.
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Why? He’s been awesome

Idk I dont hate Heinen and he's looked a lot better up there, but I just think if they can have Heinen on the 3rd line and get a #2 RW to play alongside Krejci this team is extremely dangerous. Idk I could be wrong, I think I just want that presence of a more solidified #2 RW with Krejci and Pasta on the top line. If that makes any sense.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Idk I dont hate Heinen and he's looked a lot better up there, but I just think if they can have Heinen on the 3rd line and get a #2 RW to play alongside Krejci this team is extremely dangerous. Idk I could be wrong, I think I just want that presence of a more solidified #2 RW with Krejci and Pasta on the top line. If that makes any sense.

It makes sense, but there’s three ways to get a solidified winger.
1. Overpay in ufa...not a fan
2. Trade. First you need to find a team willing to give up a guy, then you have to wonder why they’re giving him up, then you have to give the assets to get him.
3. Someone in the organization takes the reigns. I really like heinen on that top line
ngikas liked this.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 2:35 p.m.
It makes sense, but there’s three ways to get a solidified winger.
1. Overpay in ufa...not a fan
2. Trade. First you need to find a team willing to give up a guy, then you have to wonder why they’re giving him up, then you have to give the assets to get him.
3. Someone in the organization takes the reigns. I really like heinen on that top line

1. I agree completely (Beleskey)
2. I would think BOS would be best suited trading with a team entering/currently in a rebuild and it wouldn't be an issue of asking why is this team moving this player. And I think we have the assets to trade away that wouldn't hurt the team long term. But then again I don't really know what the trade market is looking like.
3. I think thats the way Sweeney envisioned it
Mar. 12, 2019 at 2:40 p.m.
Bcarlo25
1. I agree completely (Beleskey)
2. I would think BOS would be best suited trading with a team entering/currently in a rebuild and it wouldn't be an issue of asking why is this team moving this player. And I think we have the assets to trade away that wouldn't hurt the team long term. But then again I don't really know what the trade market is looking like.
3. I think thats the way Sweeney envisioned it

I could see a scenario where Studnicka pulls a Bergeron and starts his career on the right wing. Regardless I think the best way to do it is to start the season looking for an internal option, and if it doesn’t work, explore the trade market. This is the best option for flexibility. You can always explore a trade later, but it would suck to go get an expensive player and then have it turn out that Studnicka is a better option, and you’re locked into a contract you don’t want
ngikas liked this.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 4:58 p.m.
Bruins Fan
I wouldn't trade Moore. That would be like failing 3 time on UFA's for Sweeney. Beleskey = Fail, Backes = Fail, if you trade Moore it's a fail because less UFA will want to sign with your team unless there is another reason for them to sign there. Why risk getting traded in the 2nd year of your deal? Either that or Sweeney has to start giving middle tier players NMC's to secure their services.

The easier move is to trade Grzelcyk. He's not been nearly as good this year as you're suggesting. He'd make about 2.2-2.75 on a 4 year deal if he signed this season imo. He's been a 3rd pair defender the MAJORITY of the year. You know, the pair that makes Pylons like Adam McQuaid and Kevan Miller look like heroes on. The fact that he held up on the top pair for what like 10 games isn't enough of a sample size to anoint someone a top pair defender. He also didn't play enough in the top 4 to be labeled that caliber either. He's been a 3rd pair defender and while he's been a lot better this year than last, he's probably not even good enough to win the 7th player award. My bets on Carlo and everyone expected more out of Carlo in the first place so if Grzelcyk was as good as you're suggesting it'd be an easy win. Instead he wasn't even mentioned by Dale Arnold and Billy Jaffe, which doesn't mean a whole lot, but Jaffe would usually atleast give the guy a nod if he was anywhere near the pack. Instead he mentioned Krejci which I totally agree with. Krejci gets a **** rep because he's paid more than Bergeron, but he's been great this season compared to last when you factor in the quality of his linemates. DeBrusk is good, but aside from the new additions and like 5-10 games with Pasta the other wing has been M.I.A. all season.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 5:09 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Breakaway
I wouldn't trade Moore. That would be like failing 3 time on UFA's for Sweeney. Beleskey = Fail, Backes = Fail, if you trade Moore it's a fail because less UFA will want to sign with your team unless there is another reason for them to sign there. Why risk getting traded in the 2nd year of your deal? Either that or Sweeney has to start giving middle tier players NMC's to secure their services.

The easier move is to trade Grzelcyk. He's not been nearly as good this year as you're suggesting. He'd make about 2.2-2.75 on a 4 year deal if he signed this season imo. He's been a 3rd pair defender the MAJORITY of the year. You know, the pair that makes Pylons like Adam McQuaid and Kevan Miller look like heroes on. The fact that he held up on the top pair for what like 10 games isn't enough of a sample size to anoint someone a top pair defender. He also didn't play enough in the top 4 to be labeled that caliber either. He's been a 3rd pair defender and while he's been a lot better this year than last, he's probably not even good enough to win the 7th player award. My bets on Carlo and everyone expected more out of Carlo in the first place so if Grzelcyk was as good as you're suggesting it'd be an easy win. Instead he wasn't even mentioned by Dale Arnold and Billy Jaffe, which doesn't mean a whole lot, but Jaffe would usually atleast give the guy a nod if he was anywhere near the pack. Instead he mentioned Krejci which I totally agree with. Krejci gets a **** rep because he's paid more than Bergeron, but he's been great this season compared to last when you factor in the quality of his linemates. DeBrusk is good, but aside from the new additions and like 5-10 games with Pasta the other wing has been M.I.A. all season.

I’m not going to get into your opinion of grizz, because frankly I find it absurd, and why bicker about something subjective (who the hell cares about the 7th player award though. It’s voted on by fans. Bruins fans for the most part are morons, especially the ones going online to vote for that crap.”

Instead let’s look at Moore. That’s one way to look at it, that they don’t like his game so they ditch him. Here’s another way of looking at it...they’re doing him a favor. Hockey players like to play, and their kids developed quicker than they expected. He wasn’t going to be in the lineup, so they got him somewhere where he could get big minutes
Mar. 15, 2019 at 7:23 p.m.
Bruins Fan
I’m not going to get into your opinion of grizz, because frankly I find it absurd, and why bicker about something subjective (who the hell cares about the 7th player award though. It’s voted on by fans. Bruins fans for the most part are morons, especially the ones going online to vote for that crap.”

Instead let’s look at Moore. That’s one way to look at it, that they don’t like his game so they ditch him. Here’s another way of looking at it...they’re doing him a favor. Hockey players like to play, and their kids developed quicker than they expected. He wasn’t going to be in the lineup, so they got him somewhere where he could get big minutes

Yeah, I don't know if the kids are ready. If you think Vaak is ready after just 2 games that's sad lol. Lauzon only played 15 which is 3 more than Donato played last year and if you think he's proven you probably thought Donato was a top line forward lol. Doesn't always work that way, which we all found out this season. I keep Moore and probably move Miller if someone has to go. He's out in a year anyways as they won't likely sign him so why not move him like they moved McQuaid?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll