1$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
Trades
OTT
  1. Gudbranson, Erik
  2. Johnson, Jack
  3. 2019 1st round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Boedker, Mikkel ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. Tierney, Chris
OTT
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$62,027,499$0$3,722,500$21,472,501
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 6
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$710,000$710K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$755,000$755,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25, 2019 at 1:29 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Chigurrhh
He's been on the third pairing with Pettersson playing away from the top lines of his opponents. What are you talking about? He's been doing perfectly fine in that role too.

Funny that the Penguins didn't need any of that for their recent cup runs. Ryan Reaves lol. Do you forget how useless he was as a Penguin?

You are spewing a lot of ridiculous, uniformed stuff here. Johnson's numbers slightly improved by being moved to the left side. But they were still complete garbage. Team can't generate offense when he's on the ice.

He was sheltered?
61% of his starts were in the DZone, You know the area of the ice that the best offensive players get their starts.
Come on, please watch games before talking.

And those playoff series against teams like washington is exactly why the brought players like that in. They can't have star players getting smacked in the head with sticks and knocked out with concussions.
Any penguins fan knows that.
Apr. 25, 2019 at 1:32 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: WhatsaMaattaWithYou
@Chigurrhh

Thank the heavens Pharrow isn't actually the Penguins GM. The entire team would be filled with useless grinders, enforcers and defensemen with no mobility. You need to get out of this "old time hockey" mentality. Times have changed.

Have they? They just got bounced out the league by a team that clearly had inferior hockey skills.
Apr. 25, 2019 at 1:35 a.m.
Banned
Just about every post and comment you make about the Penguins is ridiculous and makes people lose brain cells. With over 4k posts, one would presume you would know more about hockey than you do. Maybe spend more time educating yourself on the sport and less time giving lowbrow opinions. This last comment cements that sentiment. What you typed was contradictory in the point you are trying to prove. I suggest you reread it. Don't come at me saying "period' and tell me to watch the games when your evaluation of players is elementary at best. You probably think Garrett Wilson deserves to hold a regular roster spot.

The fact I need to even break this down for you is crazy. It'll be even more frustrating because you won't understand what I'm going to say and you will respond by repeating yourself but I will make it very simple to follow for you and I will even highlight it.

Here we go...

Offense (scoring), is driven by the defensemen. The defense must be able to transition the puck to the forwards and the forwards make offensive zone entries while maintaining puck possession. It takes little to no skill to chip the puck up off the glass or soft dump it out of the zone.

You wanna blame the only 2 defensemen on the team with puck moving ability but have admiration for the defensemen who are have zero offensive upside and defend averagely. How about the entire team played terrible? That's where the blame should be placed. They showed no heart. They don't want to go to the dirty areas, fail to win loose puck battles and did not play playoff hockey. Zero effort whatsoever. They have become complacent and stale.

I'll tell you what "hockey pro" you let me know when you want to come lace up skates with me and we'll see all about your hockey knowledge.

You have not a clue what you are talking about. Clearly defensemen retrieve pucks that are dumped it. But they don't generate an offense. That is not and never will be what their main job is.
And as much as you think not getting the puck out of their zone is on defense men, 90% of the time it's usually because a forward didn't do his job.
Apr. 25, 2019 at 10:15 a.m.
Chiggy
Quoting: Pensfan89
Who said Dumo and JJ were comparable? The fact that you must lack reading comprehension and think every defenseman on the team should be offensively gifted shows you probably lack understanding of the game. You said JJ stinks because he doesn’t drive offensive possession. He is a defensive defenseman so it’s not really his job to. You are never going to find a defenseman to do any better if Letang and Schultz continue to lack situational awareness then their D partners are gonna look like crap. Even Dumo looked bad in the playoffs. That’s cause Letang has bad pinch after bad pinch.

You literally did when you said "Hence why guys like Dumoulin, JJ, Gudbranson, etc don’t really do too much in the offensive zone".

First of all, Dumoulin does his job in the offensive zone. He keeps pucks in, makes good passes to the forwards. Helps the team keep possession. He's not going to rack up points doing this, but it's helping the team. He also makes passes to get them in the offensive zone and out of the defensive zone. This is one major way good defensemen prevent the other team from scoring. If you can't do this, the other team gets to stay in your defensive zone and are more likely to score.

"He is a defensive defenseman so it’s not really his job to."

Johnson's job to have a positive impact on the team. Preventing goals from being scored on his own team is one of those jobs. He doesn't do it. Can't get the puck out of his own zone. The other team scores more than his team when he is on the ice. If you think his job is to prevent goals, he's clearly failing at it.

Just because he can't score, doesn't mean he is sound defensively. Quit it with this "offensive defenseman" and "defensive defensemen stuff". He's a defenseman who happens to be bad at everything.

As I pointed out earlier, you are getting caught up with one or two big mistakes and ignoring the fact that other players can impact the game in negative ways literally every time they are on the ice. It's really not a hard concept to understand.

Quoting: pharrow
they don't generate an offense.

Zero understanding of how defensemen impact the game.
Apr. 25, 2019 at 10:37 a.m.
You literally did when you said "Hence why guys like Dumoulin, JJ, Gudbranson, etc don’t really do too much in the offensive zone".

First of all, Dumoulin does his job in the offensive zone. He keeps pucks in, makes good passes to the forwards. Helps the team keep possession. He's not going to rack up points doing this, but it's helping the team. He also makes passes to get them in the offensive zone and out of the defensive zone. This is one major way good defensemen prevent the other team from scoring. If you can't do this, the other team gets to stay in your defensive zone and are more likely to score.

"He is a defensive defenseman so it’s not really his job to."

Johnson's job to have a positive impact on the team. Preventing goals from being scored on his own team is one of those jobs. He doesn't do it. Can't get the puck out of his own zone. The other team scores more than his team when he is on the ice. If you think his job is to prevent goals, he's clearly failing at it.

Just because he can't score, doesn't mean he is sound defensively. Quit it with this "offensive defenseman" and "defensive defensemen stuff". He's a defenseman who happens to be bad at everything.

As I pointed out earlier, you are getting caught up with one or two big mistakes and ignoring the fact that other players can impact the game in negative ways literally every time they are on the ice. It's really not a hard concept to understand.

Zero understanding of how defensemen impact the game.

They are the defensive defensemen on the team. So they don’t score. No one ever compared their skill level...well except maybe you.
Dumo, Gudbranson, and JJ are never really noticeable in the offensive zone like Letang and Schultz are. They don’t do much to generate offense. Sure they try to keep the puck in the offensive zone, but what player doesn’t? That doesn’t exactly mean that’s their main job or that they do that.

Johnson failed at preventing goals? So it was just him on the ice getting scored on? A guy that was only a -4. A guy that was a -13 playing in his off-side went all the way up to a -4 when being switched to his natural side and he did that by allowing goals and playing horrendous defense? And by the team never scoring while he was on the ice. And by the team NEVER generating offense while he was on the ice. Ok. Clearly you don’t watch or understand the game. ?‍♂️
Apr. 25, 2019 at 2:42 p.m.
Banned
I'll tell you what "hockey pro" you let me know when you want to come lace up skates with me and we'll see all about your hockey knowledge.

You have not a clue what you are talking about. Clearly defensemen retrieve pucks that are dumped it. But they don't generate an offense. That is not and never will be what their main job is.
And as much as you think not getting the puck out of their zone is on defense men, 90% of the time it's usually because a forward didn't do his job.

LEARN TO READ AND COMPREHEND!!! Just as I predicted. You couldn't understand what I was typing. EVERY reply to you gets butchered and misinterpreted because your reading level isn't on par with adults. I suggest you slowly reread what I typed or get someone to help you. I don't have time to teach the fundamentals of both hockey and elementary English.

How you gonna tell me to lace the skates up when you still wear velcro ones?
Apr. 25, 2019 at 2:47 p.m.
Banned
Have they? They just got bounced out the league by a team that clearly had inferior hockey skills.

If you can't comprehend what I type then don't reply or comment. Why must I break down everything and simplify it for you? More time in the books and less time on the forums would be greatly beneficial for you. Your reply makes zero sense and I'm actually losing brain cells debating with you.
Apr. 25, 2019 at 2:53 p.m.
Banned
Can we take a poll on that. How many people think Big Rig wasn't here to drop gloves? I mean really. Do you think before you type that?

Sheltered minutes? WHere? 61% of his starts were in the DZone, and he was "sheltered'

Just delete your account.

We can take a poll after you take an IQ test and post the results. As usual, you can't comprehend what was clearly typed. Next time I respond, I'll have a 9 year old type what I'm trying to say just so you can hopefully understand it.
Apr. 25, 2019 at 3:31 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pensfan89
They are the defensive defensemen on the team. So they don’t score. No one ever compared their skill level...well except maybe you.
Dumo, Gudbranson, and JJ are never really noticeable in the offensive zone like Letang and Schultz are. They don’t do much to generate offense. Sure they try to keep the puck in the offensive zone, but what player doesn’t? That doesn’t exactly mean that’s their main job or that they do that.

Johnson failed at preventing goals? So it was just him on the ice getting scored on? A guy that was only a -4. A guy that was a -13 playing in his off-side went all the way up to a -4 when being switched to his natural side and he did that by allowing goals and playing horrendous defense? And by the team never scoring while he was on the ice. And by the team NEVER generating offense while he was on the ice. Ok. Clearly you don’t watch or understand the game. ?‍♂️
@Chigurrhh

This is for both of you and I'm not taking sides.

It's unfair to say that because they play primarily defensively that can't contribute offensively and vice versa. The whole classification of defensemen is dumb. Karlsson for example is noted as an offensive defenseman but he is more than a capable defender. Suter is known as a defensive defenseman and he contributes offensively at a pretty consistent rate. Then you have players who don't contribute much, if anything at all either ofensively or defensively. I think that's where Johnson fits. Personally, imo, I believe that a quality NHL defenseman is sound in his own end first, doesn't chase, doesn't go out of his way to hit, can clear the front of the net, makes a good first pass, can keep the puck in the zone and puts quality shots on net.

That being said, if the forwards don't get themselves into good positions to receive passes or provide support in the 3 zones, it hems the dmen up with options. LeTang, when he makes mistakes, are very noticeable and it's because he has rare ability of a dman to skate with the puck. No other Penguins dman has that ability.

The Penguins still have it in their minds they are a speed team and wan't to transition with speed. If you watched how the Islanders forechecked, the Penguins did not play deep and the dmen were pressured so fast, they had 2 options. Either go D to D or dump the puck off the glass/boards. Maatta is horrendous under pressure and Pettersson showed to be as well. The problem with Johnson is he is just too slow and doesn't fit our system. Only issue I have with Gudbranson is his mobility. He has decent straight line speed, especially for his size and he is competent with the puck. His agility is just not the greatest and he gets beat to the outside and gets caught when players cut.

Everyone is looking for someone to blame and some players stood out more than others but the entire team played terrible from top to bottom. The Islanders came to play and deserved to win. Rutherford is a hack and Botteril was the true architect of those championship seasons. After he left, the trades and signings went into the crapper for the most part with lots of deals happening just to correct previous mistakes. Why would a team who won with speed and skill change their identity based on an adversaries player or a team they beat on the regular? Every other team copied the Penguins model of success and the Penguins regressed to get "tougher" and older.

He tried recapturing with Cullen (fail). He essentially traded Sheary for Johnson (Hunwick for the 4th is fair value) and not that Sheary is anything spectacular, he would have been more of a difference maker than Johnson (fail). Hagelin for Pearson (fail). Again, Hagelin isn't gonna set the world on fire but his speed was missed. Brassard (fail). Reaves (fail).

He should have kept going after players that fit the mold of the team. Maybe he needs to watch Moneyball. "You know what they do? They get on base!" and apply it to hockey.
Apr. 26, 2019 at 3:27 a.m.
Banned
LEARN TO READ AND COMPREHEND!!! Just as I predicted. You couldn't understand what I was typing. EVERY reply to you gets butchered and misinterpreted because your reading level isn't on par with adults. I suggest you slowly reread what I typed or get someone to help you. I don't have time to teach the fundamentals of both hockey and elementary English.

How you gonna tell me to lace the skates up when you still wear velcro ones?

what is your jibberish? bye troll
Apr. 26, 2019 at 3:29 a.m.
Banned
If you can't comprehend what I type then don't reply or comment. Why must I break down everything and simplify it for you? More time in the books and less time on the forums would be greatly beneficial for you. Your reply makes zero sense and I'm actually losing brain cells debating with you.

you just type random troll crap. That's pretty obvious. Your comment makes no sense at all. Bye troll
Apr. 26, 2019 at 2:57 p.m.
Banned
you just type random troll crap. That's pretty obvious. Your comment makes no sense at all. Bye troll

No. Not at all. I comment or respond to posts I disagree with and am open to a discussion or to hear the other persons opinion.

You rape my words, twist them around to fit your agenda or totally disregard and/or dissect what I say. You shouldn't be on a public forum if aren't willing to fully listen to other people and take the time to grasp what they are trying to say. It's always a one sided argument with you.
Apr. 26, 2019 at 3:15 p.m.
Banned
what is your jibberish? bye troll

Hmm. So since you are incapable of behaving like an adult and incapable of engaging in a conversation, you revert to false accusations. Calling somebody a troll when they get the upper hand in a debate is like admitting defeat and it really makes you look bad.

How about we both make AGM Penguins teams and let the people decide??? We must keep the $83m salary cap and not have more than $3m in cap relief from other teams traded with. No burying players in the minors and no placing players on injured reserve of any kind. Let me know.
May 1, 2019 at 12:55 a.m.
Banned
He's been on the third pairing with Pettersson playing away from the top lines of his opponents. What are you talking about? He's been doing perfectly fine in that role too.

Funny that the Penguins didn't need any of that for their recent cup runs. Ryan Reaves lol. Do you forget how useless he was as a Penguin?

You are spewing a lot of ridiculous, uniformed stuff here. Johnson's numbers slightly improved by being moved to the left side. But they were still complete garbage. Team can't generate offense when he's on the ice.

yeah, i'm sure the players felt differently when they were getting concussed after being hit in the head and watching their team mates leave the ice with a broken jaw.
But hey, I'm sure you know everything.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll