Forums/Armchair-GM

someone to play with KK trade PHI

Created by: MTLaveragefan
Team: 2019-20 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 21, 2019
Published: Jun. 21, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
While we wait for Suzuki and Poehling, let's sign a guy short term (1 year).

a guy with a scoring touch and experience, but old enough to get a 1-2 year contract.

options

- Corey Perry
- Jason Pominville
- Valtteri Filppula
- Thomas Vanek
- Justin Williams

OR, let's trade for an overpaid guy with a year left on his contract
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,400,000
4$2,200,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$3,000,000
Trades
PHI
  1. Fleury, Cale
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (MTL)
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
2019 2nd round pick (mtl)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,000,000$74,968,809$0$2,675,000$7,031,191
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
UFA
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 21, 2019 at 10:12 a.m.
Flyers accept this
Jun. 21, 2019 at 10:22 a.m.
No joke, I feel you have to make space for Poehling this year. You don't score a hattrick in your first pro game if you aren't ready. Other than his first goal, nothing about that game was luck. He's already known as a responsible two way player so the coach should have no problem deploying him in a somewhat sheltered role. If he needs to play on the wing and then take faceoffs half the time, so be it.

Unless there's a trade(s) in the work for some of our forwards, the top 10 is already signed to more than 1 year contracts. you can't wait till 20-21 to get this guy into the lineup IMO. If Poehling is ready, you make space for him. Weal and Thompson are absolutely replaceable and should be waived/moved if needed. There's also the outside chance Suzuki is ready for prime time. The kid was way too good for junior hockey last season and may be ready for pro hockey. I'm not opposed to playing him in Laval first to at least let him prove it first but what happens if he's dynamite and has to be called up?

I think signing a vet like the guys you mentioned above is a waste of time and space. We have too many forwards as is and frankly not enough time for all of them.

Now for Hagg, I don't know what this obsession is from Habs fans (Your not the first one to go nuts for him) and Hagg but Philly fans want him traded because he's not good enough. I don't know why we are expected to pay a kings ransom that you are implying above for a guy who is more than likely not in the top 6 next year in Philly. Fleury, a 2nd and two 3rds is one of silliest over payments I've seen on here. Why?? Based off what?? Kulak was had for basically free and had identical numbers in Calgary. Maybe Hagg had a good game against Montreal last season and everyone thinks that is the real Hagg but I can assure you, he wasn't that for most of the season. A single 3rd round pick is probably his best possible value Philly could hope for right now.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 10:41 a.m.
I post sometimes
Quoting: F50marco
No joke, I feel you have to make space for Poehling this year. You don't score a hattrick in your first pro game if you aren't ready. Other than his first goal, nothing about that game was luck. He's already known as a responsible two way player so the coach should have no problem deploying him in a somewhat sheltered role. If he needs to play on the wing and then take faceoffs half the time, so be it.

Unless there's a trade(s) in the work for some of our forwards, the top 10 is already signed to more than 1 year contracts. you can't wait till 20-21 to get this guy into the lineup IMO. If Poehling is ready, you make space for him. Weal and Thompson are absolutely replaceable and should be waived/moved if needed. There's also the outside chance Suzuki is ready for prime time. The kid was way too good for junior hockey last season and may be ready for pro hockey. I'm not opposed to playing him in Laval first to at least let him prove it first but what happens if he's dynamite and has to be called up?

I think signing a vet like the guys you mentioned above is a waste of time and space. We have too many forwards as is and frankly not enough time for all of them.

Now for Hagg, I don't know what this obsession is from Habs fans (Your not the first one to go nuts for him) and Hagg but Philly fans want him traded because he's not good enough. I don't know why we are expected to pay a kings ransom that you are implying above for a guy who is more than likely not in the top 6 next year in Philly. Fleury, a 2nd and two 3rds is one of silliest over payments I've seen on here. Why?? Based off what?? Kulak was had for basically free and had identical numbers in Calgary. Maybe Hagg had a good game against Montreal last season and everyone thinks that is the real Hagg but I can assure you, he wasn't that for most of the season. A single 3rd round pick is probably his best possible value Philly could hope for right now.

I didn't know Hagg's value, but I agree, I did overpay. I just feel he is an upgrade on Benn.

Also, he brings physicality, like Emelin used to. He is mobile and can play a purely defensive role (perfect if paired with Petry).

I think they might start them in the AHL to protect them from the expansion draft. if they play two full seasons (this year and next year) they will be exposed.... then we'll have to expose pieces we could have saved.

I could see KK and him splitting the C duty during the year. (would have been great if they weren't both lefties)
Jun. 21, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
I didn't know Hagg's value, but I agree, I did overpay. I just feel he is an upgrade on Benn.

Also, he brings physicality, like Emelin used to. He is mobile and can play a purely defensive role (perfect if paired with Petry).

I think they might start them in the AHL to protect them from the expansion draft. if they play two full seasons (this year and next year) they will be exposed.... then we'll have to expose pieces we could have saved.

I could see KK and him splitting the C duty during the year. (would have been great if they weren't both lefties)

That's true, that is a scenario I forgot about. With that said, so what? Let Armia/Shaw/Byron be exposed. People end up doing so much to avoid certain players from being exposed that they sabotage their own team. By the time the expansion draft is here, Byron will be in his mid 30's, Shaw will almost be hitting 30, Armia we got for basically free so who cares if we lose him for nothing......

Only 1 player will be taken from the team in expansion. In most cases its the young players who can't quite crack the lineup but everyone knows are good that are taken and in the rest of the cases its a 3rd or 4th liners or a bottom pairing dman. Habs won't be a lottery team just because one of those guys is taken from us. Obviously if you can maneuver around to make sure they can only select a real nobody from the team, great but i'm not gonna stop Poehling and Suzuki from playing just for that reason alone. The NHL is getting younger, players are making impacts at a young age now. The way Poehling played in his first game and the way Suzuki played levels above his peers in the OHL makes me feel they are both going to be ready for prime time rather soon.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
I post sometimes
That's true, that is a scenario I forgot about. With that said, so what? Let Armia/Shaw/Byron be exposed. People end up doing so much to avoid certain players from being exposed that they sabotage their own team. By the time the expansion draft is here, Byron will be in his mid 30's, Shaw will almost be hitting 30, Armia we got for basically free so who cares if we lose him for nothing......

Only 1 player will be taken from the team in expansion. In most cases its the young players who can't quite crack the lineup but everyone knows are good that are taken and in the rest of the cases its a 3rd or 4th liners or a bottom pairing dman. Habs won't be a lottery team just because one of those guys is taken from us. Obviously if you can maneuver around to make sure they can only select a real nobody from the team, great but i'm not gonna stop Poehling and Suzuki from playing just for that reason alone. The NHL is getting younger, players are making impacts at a young age now. The way Poehling played in his first game and the way Suzuki played levels above his peers in the OHL makes me feel they are both going to be ready for prime time rather soon.

Fingers crossed,

They are looking great, that's for sure! The next few years will be interesting for MTL! (even for the Laval Rocket)

My only concern is our LHD... apart from Mete, I see only Romanov.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.
Fingers crossed,

They are looking great, that's for sure! The next few years will be interesting for MTL! (even for the Laval Rocket)

My only concern is our LHD... apart from Mete, I see only Romanov.

Yeah, I haven't been this excited since the Chucky/Gally days!

Yeah I have a feeling the Habs will take one of Broberg/York/Harley/Seider/etc with the pick. It would have to be one of the consensus top 10 center/forwards (Boldy/Podkolzin/Kreps/etc) dropping to 15th for the Habs to consider taking a forward instead IMO.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
I post sometimes

Yeah I have a feeling the Habs will take one of Broberg/York/Harley/Seider/etc with the pick. It would have to be one of the consensus top 10 center/forwards (Boldy/Podkolzin/Kreps/etc) dropping to 15th for the Habs to consider taking a forward instead IMO.

I remember when everyone was excited about Galchenyuk, then that kid drafted in the 5th round comes around and plays like a bulldog!
Remember the Chucky/Prust/ Gally line! It was so much fun to see them play!
F50marco liked this.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 11:05 a.m.
I post sometimes

I agree, but at the same time, I can see the habs go for a pure goal scorer (if Cole Caulfied drops to 15 because he is small)
Jun. 21, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.

I agree, but at the same time, I can see the habs go for a pure goal scorer (if Cole Caulfied drops to 15 because he is small)

He won't drop that low. 100% guarantee that. Small players can play in the new NHL now. Debrincat is showing that pretty well and Caulfield looks to be a replica of Debrincat but possibly even better.... flushed cheeks
Jun. 21, 2019 at 11:16 a.m.
I post sometimes
He won't drop that low. 100% guarantee that. Small players can play in the new NHL now. Debrincat is showing that pretty well and Caulfield looks to be a replica of Debrincat but possibly even better.... flushed cheeks

I know it's wishful thinking.

At the same time, we shouldn't draft for immediate needs, but for our needs in 2-3 years. Romanov will be in the line up by then. We have plenty of playmakers... we need a sniper.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 5:39 p.m.
I post sometimes

Well, this didn't age well ahahaha!

Can you believe it!
F50marco liked this.
Jun. 23, 2019 at 9:16 a.m.
Well, this didn't age well ahahaha!

Can you believe it!

Wow wow wow. So happy im wrong!!
MTLaveragefan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: