SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(ARI/PHI) - 1st & 2nd round pick (14, 45) for 1st round pick (11)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 24, 2021 at 7:54 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
these also aged well

sighhhhhhh

I stand by my comment.

Bergevin must agree since he added Chiarot, Edmundson, Savard and Anderson since.

Oh, and they still dont have a puck moving defenseman apart from Petry...

Caufield did hold his ground during the playoffs though. I'll give him that.
Aug. 25, 2021 at 7:22 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: jpsnow13
I stand by my comment.

Bergevin must agree since he added Chiarot, Edmundson, Savard and Anderson since.

Oh, and they still dont have a puck moving defenseman apart from Petry...

Caufield did hold his ground during the playoffs though. I'll give him that.

Wow thats very interesting. Ive never seen a habs fan who is not to the moon on caufield. But the question is whether the habs could have drafted a nhl ready petry level puck mover at 15. I think not, but even if they did, the likelyhood that hed be ready for the 2021 run would be unlikely at best.
Aug. 25, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Wow thats very interesting. Ive never seen a habs fan who is not to the moon on caufield. But the question is whether the habs could have drafted a nhl ready petry level puck mover at 15. I think not, but even if they did, the likelyhood that hed be ready for the 2021 run would be unlikely at best.

The draft isn't about who makes it first to the NHL though, but who’s going to give you the most quality play before becoming UFA. Habs did address their need for a puck moving Dman by drafting Strubble and Norlinder later in the same draft. Who knows if they wont have a better career than York...

The possibilities are endless when you decide to redo a draft. If Hughes get picked instead of KK, etc.

All in all, I'm stoked Caufield upgraded his 2 way game and I think being reliable will allow him to get more ice time, maybe enough to become 35-40G scorer material.

But he needs to be surounded by bigger players. They even placed Anderson on his LW during playoffs, that how bad big wingers are needed in MTL. I think Poehling could become that board grinding linemate sooner than later.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit