Forums/Armchair-GM

Chuckies Trade Addiction

Created by: Jaycee
Initial Creation Date: Jun 24, 2019
Published: Jun 24 at 9:27 pm
Team: 2019-20 Philadelphia Flyers
Team Explanation
I do believe this deal happens. It works for both sides. I’m not sure if it will be a one for one but it won’t be anything crazy off. I see Ghost having a monster bounce back year playing next to Shea Weber. However, saw a bounce back year coming from Ghost anyway because he’s known for that. And Drouin slotted in on a top line of Giroux and Coots would help him reach that production everyone has always been waiting to see. As nice as having Ghost on the 3rd pair being let loose, as well as quarterbacking the powerplay would be. I see someone eventually giving up a reasonable offer. Which is looking for a skilled winger. Flyers are in win now mode. Sanheim bridge deal helped give them even more cap room. Not enough to add a piece via FA, but a Ghost trade most likely. See what Chuck’s got up his sleeve. Man wakes up itching to hit the phones. Wouldn’t mind seeing a Voracek trade, let’s get spicy Chuck.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Laughton, Scott3$2,100,000
Aubé-Kubel, Nicolas2$775,000
Konecny, Travis6$5,000,000
Provorov, Ivan8$7,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Ward, Cam1$1,600,000
Trades
PHI
  1. 2021 7th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Schlemko, David
  2. 2020 6th round pick (PHI)
PHI
  1. Drouin, Jonathan
MTL
  1. Gostisbehere, Shayne
Buyouts
  • Andrew MacDonald: $1,166,667
  • Ilya Bryzgalov: $0
Retained Salary Transactions
  • Radko Gudas: $1,005,000 (30%)
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
PHI
PHI
PHI
NSH
PHI
PHI
MTL
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
ARI
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$79,657,579$0$2,995,000$1,842,421

Roster

Left WingCenterRight Wing
PHI
Giroux, Claude
$8,275,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
PHI
Couturier, Sean
$4,333,333
C
UFA - 3
MTL
Drouin, Jonathan
$5,500,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
PHI
van Riemsdyk, James
$7,000,000
LW
UFA - 4
PHI
Hayes, Kevin
$7,142,857
C
NMC
UFA - 7
PHI
Voracek, Jakub
$8,250,000
RW
UFA - 5
PHI
Lindblom, Oskar
$925,000
LW
RFA - 1
PHI
Patrick, Nolan
$925,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
PHI
Konecny, Travis
$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
PHI
Raffl, Michael
$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
PHI
Laughton, Scott
$2,100,000
C
UFA - 2
PHI
Pitlick, Tyler
$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
PHI
Provorov, Ivan
$7,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
PHI
Niskanen, Matt
$5,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
PHI
Hart, Carter
$730,833
G
RFA - 2
PHI
Sanheim, Travis
$3,250,000
RD
RFA - 2
PHI
Braun, Justin
$3,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
Ward, Cam
$1,600,000
G
UFA
PHI
Hägg, Robert
$1,150,000
LD
RFA - 1
PHI
Myers, Philippe
$678,889
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
PHI
Morin, Samuel
$700,000
LD
RFA - 2
PHI
Aubé-Kubel, Nicolas
$775,000
RW
RFA - 1

Special Teams

Power Play 1
van Riemsdyk, J.
Couturier, S.
Voracek, J.
Giroux, C.
Niskanen, M.
Power Play 2
Patrick, N.
Hayes, K.
Drouin, J.
Konecny, T.
Sanheim, T.

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun 24 at 9:29
fence
The Haps should be over the moon if they can get Drouin for Gostisbehere. It's definitely possible though, considering Fletcher has been acting pretty nuts the past few weeks.
Jun 24 at 9:33
Quoting: OpaqueZoo
The Haps should be over the moon if they can get Drouin for Gostisbehere. It's definitely possible though, considering Fletcher has been acting pretty nuts the past few weeks.

Yeah I would do it honestly as a Flyers fan. Brings skill and speed we lack in the lineup. Think he would slot well next to G and Coots.
OpaqueZoo liked this.
Jun 24 at 9:38
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: OpaqueZoo

Drouin isn't getting moved though. Even if the value is pretty fair. Bergevin would never move Drouin for a Dman, considering he moved a 9th overall LD prospect (Sergachev) to get him. It would just be admitting he lost, which is something he'll NEVER admit to. Heck, he refuses to take any blame to having to "retool" the team, blaming it on some players "attitude".

and again, nowhere, I repeat, nowhere (other than this site and other forums) do we see anything of Drouin being available in any way, shape or form. Where Ghost has been rumored to be on the block by countless sport news outlets and insiders.
Jun 24 at 9:43
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Drouin isn't getting moved though. Even if the value is pretty fair. Bergevin would never move Drouin for a Dman, considering he moved a 9th overall LD prospect (Sergachev) to get him. It would just be admitting he lost, which is something he'll NEVER admit to. Heck, he refuses to take any blame to having to "retool" the team, blaming it on some players "attitude".

and again, nowhere, I repeat, nowhere (other than this site and other forums) do we see anything of Drouin being available in any way, shape or form. Where Ghost has been rumored to be on the block by countless sport news outlets and insiders.

Players get traded all the time that aren’t rumored so that’s just irrelevant. Nor did I say this has to happen. Just a trade I put together that I see a lot of MTL and PHI fans post. I just think Ghost will be moved for a skilled winger that can play top 6, if he is moved at all. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
Jun 24 at 9:55
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Jaycee
Players get traded all the time that aren’t rumored so that’s just irrelevant. Nor did I say this has to happen. Just a trade I put together that I see a lot of MTL and PHI fans post. I just think Ghost will be moved for a skilled winger that can play top 6, if he is moved at all. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Lol no need to get defensive, relax. My whole comment wasn't criticizing the trade, and if you would of read it properly, it was about how the Habs GM wouldn't move Drouin due to his ego. I even said the value is pretty fair.
Jun 24 at 10:16
Frankyhabs
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Lol no need to get defensive, relax. My whole comment wasn't criticizing the trade, and if you would of read it properly, it was about how the Habs GM wouldn't move Drouin due to his ego. I even said the value is pretty fair.

Where is Marc's EGO in the Karl Alzner situation. He sent him in Laval at the start of the season and let mete/rielly develop.
Edit : only one year after the big contract.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll