LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 2
$741,667$741,667
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 5
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,225,000$1,225,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
Perreault and a Comrie for a guy you're playing on your top pairing, who was on the previous teams top pairing. Yeah sounds about right.......
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Perreault and a Comrie for a guy you're playing on your top pairing, who was on the previous teams top pairing. Yeah sounds about right.......

Perreault and Comrie for a -41 player who is worth as little as he's ever been worth in his career... Yeah.

Perhaps you can add a pick in there if you have to... But it isn't far off.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:33 p.m.
Meow
Quoting: smrtguy90
Perreault and Comrie for a -41 player who is worth as little as he's ever been worth in his career... Yeah.

No, it is because I don't see us wanting Comrie. Not big enough of an upgrade on our current Goalies to be worth it especially when its obvious they're grooming Ukka Pekka Luukkonen to be the guy. Maybe value wise its almost close... maybe.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:33 p.m.
Analytics are good

Perreault and Comrie for a guy who can't do his job.
RFS_90 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: PenGoater99

Sabres fans acting like Ristolainen has more value than Colin Miller... Who they acquired for a song.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:37 p.m.
Jetsfan
Risto and a young forward for Perreault and Roslovic....Maybe a pick back and forth to level it out pending the roster player

This is the only thing that will happen as I agree, Connor, Laine or Ehlers wont be traded for Risto
RFS_90 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
There's no way you'd get Ristolainen for only that.. Lol
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
There's no way you'd get Ristolainen for only that.. Lol

How about that's all I'd give up for Ristolainen... The whole point was that all of these Risto for Ehlers deals are ridiculous.

Suddenly Mr. Analytics thinks this is a bad value deal for Buffalo. Adding Perreault to their middle six, makes them a better team.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Quoting: PenGoater99

Yet everyone tries to get him to put him in their top pairing....... rolling eyes

But you now what, fine. He's not a top pairing i get that. He is a top 4 dman though. Perreault is a 3rd liner at best that WPG would love to get rid of and Comrie is not the second coming of Patrick Roy. He's an ok prospect at best.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
Yet everyone tries to get him to put him in their top pairing....... rolling eyes

But you now what, fine. He's not a top pairing i get that. He is a top 4 dman though. Perreault is a 3rd liner at best that WPG would love to get rid of and Comrie is not the second coming of Patrick Roy. He's an ok prospect at best.

I changed it to scoring prospect and a LHD prospect... neither of those guys are as NHL ready as Comrie, and Stanley doesn't have as high a ceiling as Comrie... but Spacek can score, and will be a decent NHLer. Happy now?

Though, I had to take a late round of pick back to make up for the overpayment.

And Risto is on my top pairing, because playing him with either Beaulieu or Niku is absolutely terrifying. Beaulieu can't carry a pair, and I'd rather not subject a poor rookie to that kind of responsibility.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
There is no rush for Buffalo to let Risto go. They are not in a cap crunch. Hence there is no reason to let him go for less than fair value which is not what Buffalo paid for Miller.

I think people need to stop using the Miller trade as the holy grail of player values. Vegas HAD TO TRADE MILLER. They had no choice. They are way over the cap and he was not fitting into their future. They took what they could get. This is selling low on a player and generally is a tell of a bad GM who couldn't manage his cap prior to this off season.

Risto plays for a crappy team in buffalo and yes is no stud dman for sure but he's not terrible either. That is why literally everyone is trying to acquire him because if he sucked so bad, like beyond belief. as all you guys try to convince yourselves of, NOBODY WOULD WANT HIM.

A player can't be garbage and be playing on your teams top pairing at the same time. That doesn't make any sense.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 4:11 p.m.
There is no rush for Buffalo to let Risto go. They are not in a cap crunch. Hence there is no reason to let him go for less than fair value which is not what Buffalo paid for Miller.

I think people need to stop using the Miller trade as the holy grail of player values. Vegas HAD TO TRADE MILLER. They had no choice. They are way over the cap and he was not fitting into their future. They took what they could get. This is selling low on a player and generally is a tell of a bad GM who couldn't manage his cap prior to this off season.

Risto plays for a crappy team in buffalo and yes is no stud dman for sure but he's not terrible either. That is why literally everyone is trying to acquire him because if he sucked so bad, like beyond belief. as all you guys try to convince yourselves of, NOBODY WOULD WANT HIM.

A player can't be garbage and be playing on your teams top pairing at the same time. That doesn't make any sense.

No, but landing a 30 point play driving forward, a scoring prospect and a LHD prospect is plenty of value for Risto. Plus... It's not as much about the cap crunch as it is a positional surplus. With Montour, Miller, Jokiharju, Nelson, Bogosian.

At least 2 of those players will be higher in the depth chart than Risto... Meaning his ice-time will go down... Meaning his value will go down.

This kind of trade would be more than they get for him after a season being a 2nd or 3rd pairing Dman.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 4:24 p.m.
No, but landing a 30 point play driving forward, a scoring prospect and a LHD prospect is plenty of value for Risto. Plus... It's not as much about the cap crunch as it is a positional surplus. With Montour, Miller, Jokiharju, Nelson, Bogosian.

At least 2 of those players will be higher in the depth chart than Risto... Meaning his ice-time will go down... Meaning his value will go down.

This kind of trade would be more than they get for him after a season being a 2nd or 3rd pairing Dman.

Perreault is creeping on cap dump. Still capapble player but no one needs a 4M+ 3rd liner whose only skill is offense. He was a good stop gap for the PP until others arrived but being placed lower down in the lineup is somewhat lost. At the very least not worthy of 4M.

I didn't see you changed the trade so i was still going on the Perreault plus Comrie deal.

As for the Sabres depth chart, of all the players you named and even the ones your didn't, Risto is the only one to break 24+ avg a night and its not even close. Bogosian is bust top 5 pick who is always injured. Nelson is a 26 year old who hasn't even broken full time into the NHL yet. Jokiharkju hasn't even played a full season yet and is only 21 years old. Miller is by no means any better than Risto, in fact he isn't any better. Montour is by no means a defensive stalwart.

Anyways I'm not arguing he should be traded for Ehlers or Laine. But Perreault and a Comrie is the equivalent of Sabres fans asking for Laine or Connor in exchange.

For the newly formed trade, I think the prospects are ok but adding Perreault does nothing for Buffalo. The problem here is Perreault more than it is anything else.
RFS_90 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
Perreault is creeping on cap dump. Still capapble player but no one needs a 4M+ 3rd liner whose only skill is offense. He was a good stop gap for the PP until others arrived but being placed lower down in the lineup is somewhat lost. At the very least not worthy of 4M.

I didn't see you changed the trade so i was still going on the Perreault plus Comrie deal.

As for the Sabres depth chart, of all the players you named and even the ones your didn't, Risto is the only one to break 24+ avg a night and its not even close. Bogosian is bust top 5 pick who is always injured. Nelson is a 26 year old who hasn't even broken full time into the NHL yet. Jokiharkju hasn't even played a full season yet and is only 21 years old. Miller is by no means any better than Risto, in fact he isn't any better. Montour is by no means a defensive stalwart.

Anyways I'm not arguing he should be traded for Ehlers or Laine. But Perreault and a Comrie is the equivalent of Sabres fans asking for Laine or Connor in exchange.

For the newly formed trade, I think the prospects are ok but adding Perreault does nothing for Buffalo. The problem here is Perreault more than it is anything else.

I think you underestimate Perreault a bit. He was on the 2nd unit PP all season... He wasn't a stop gap. It was Roslovic who was the stop gap when Ehlers went down for that couple weeks.

More than anything, he has a strange ability to fit on any line. He played minutes on all 4 lines last year. He can play either wing or center. The Sabres have the space to fit him in, and it's only 2 seasons. I think, if he were to land in BUF, you'd be pleasantly surprised by the value he brings. Frankly, if the Jets had the space to add a D and keep him, they should... But it seems unlikely.

He doesn't kill penalties, but his transition game is actually really good. And, he is willing to take punishment in front of the net, and in the corners. He's no Ehlers, but he makes the Sabres better immediately...
Jul. 10, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.

+/- is horrendous but the guy is top 20 dmen in points over the last couple seasons he has more value than that.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 5:25 p.m.
Quoting: RonRolstonsGardeningGloves7
+/- is horrendous but the guy is top 20 dmen in points over the last couple seasons he has more value than that.

+/- is not just horrendous... It was literally the worst in the NHL last year.

Granted he played tough minutes on a bad hockey team, so that should improve on a better squad... But that doesn't erase the fact that a defenseman who scored 40+ points was on the ice for 41 more goals against than goals for...it doesn't get any worse than that from a defense perspective.

If he was making $4 Mil or less, perhaps... But he isn't.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 6:48 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

About the Miller trade I totally agree and what no one seems to factor in is that McPhee very much prefers to not trade within division and conference, there very well could've been somewhat better offers for Miller and Haula but McPhee preferred to send them east so for all we know maybe Vancouver or whoever may have offered something a bit better but McPhee might of took less to keep Miller out of the Pacific Division.

Also maybe the rest of the league just doesn't value Miller like CapFriendly armchair GM's do.. Lol
RFS_90 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 6:53 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
How about that's all I'd give up for Ristolainen... The whole point was that all of these Risto for Ehlers deals are ridiculous.

Suddenly Mr. Analytics thinks this is a bad value deal for Buffalo. Adding Perreault to their middle six, makes them a better team.

Yeah I i wouldn't trade any of Roslovic, Ehlers, Laine or Connor for Ristolainen, I wouldn't even trade Copp for him.

Are you calling me Mr. Analytics? I'm definitely not an analytics guy.. Lol
I'm just saying Perreault and Comrie is not gonna get you Ristolainen, can rag on Risto's +/- and defensive game all you want but he's a 40 point defenseman, that's worth more then Perreault and Comrie. I do think Perreault would be great for the Sabres though.
RFS_90 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 6:58 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Yeah I i wouldn't trade any of Roslovic, Ehlers, Laine or Connor for Ristolainen, I wouldn't even trade Copp for him.

Are you calling me Mr. Analytics? I'm definitely not an analytics guy.. Lol
I'm just saying Perreault and Comrie is not gonna get you Ristolainen, can rag on Risto's +/- and defensive game all you want but he's a 40 point defenseman, that's worth more then Perreault and Comrie. I do think Perreault would be great for the Sabres though.

I was kidding about the Analytics thing lol... Obviously doesn't translate via text.

I'll admit, I definitely short changed them on the original deal. But mostly, I'm just trying to show everyone that the Risto for Ehlers takes are highly unlikely.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 7:20 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I was kidding about the Analytics thing lol... Obviously doesn't translate via text.

I'll admit, I definitely short changed them on the original deal. But mostly, I'm just trying to show everyone that the Risto for Ehlers takes are highly unlikely.

Yeah I really hope they don't trade any of the skilled young forwards especially Ehlers for Ristolainen, they lose that trade badly and only slightly fill one hole by creating another one somewhere else in the lineup.
RFS_90 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 8:44 p.m.
How about Ristolainen, Montour, Samuelsson, 2021 1st for Byfuglien, Lowry, and Stanley
Jul. 10, 2019 at 8:55 p.m.
Quoting: Sabresforlife
How about Ristolainen, Montour, Samuelsson, 2021 1st for Byfuglien, Lowry, and Stanley

Why?
Jul. 10, 2019 at 9:27 p.m.
Mostly because I enjoy Byfuglien knocking people down and even as he gets older and more injury prone I suspect he could do that for a couple more years

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll