SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Vegas Goalie

Jun. 24, 2016 at 2:35 p.m.
What goaltender do you think Vegas will pick in the expansion draft?

Possible names include:

-Fleury/Murray
-Bishop/Vasilevsky
-Anderson/Hammond
-Elliot/Allen
-Halak/Greiss
-Darling
-Howard
-Bobrovsky

My prediction: Bishop would have to waive NMC, he would be UFA anyways, so I don't see why he wouldn't waive it. Tampa will not resign Bishop and they may trade him this offseason with Stamkos being a UFA, and Brown, Killorn, Kucherov, Namestnikov, and Paquette all RFAs this offseason. If Bishop isn't traded, he would be a good choice for Vegas.
Nov. 25, 2016 at 10:16 a.m.
Golden Knights
Golden Knights need to be thinking stanley cup first year, who can deliver that? Either Bishop or Fleury. We might not make playoffs if neither of them come to the Knights!
Nov. 25, 2016 at 11:32 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Suchimimus
Golden Knights need to be thinking stanley cup first year, who can deliver that? Either Bishop or Fleury. We might not make playoffs if neither of them come to the Knights!

They may pick four, and a couple will likely be AHLers with hope for the NHL.
Bibeau, Subban, might be two candicates. Thinking Halak (who is used to bad teams) might be a good choice. Fleury might welcome the challenge. Halak would be a UFA in a year, so then Vegas might have better grasp of what they really have. so maybe a UFA might come on board in 2018.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 6:12 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
If Bishop doesnt get dealt, I could see Vasilevsky going to Vegas.
Dec. 10, 2016 at 5:44 p.m.
Watty1
Gotta give you a dose of reality dude, you're an expansion team. It will be at least 6-7 years before you're getting any shot at the Cup, if not longer. No matter what Bettman or Foley says, the other 30 teams will do everything to make sure you don't get any of their good players. Some will be available, but you'll need to find young guys. Love the passion, but just worry about being competitive first.
Dec. 10, 2016 at 5:46 p.m.
Watty1
Quoting: Leafs
If Bishop doesnt get dealt, I could see Vasilevsky going to Vegas.
NO. FREAKING. WAY. If Stevie Y let's this happen he should lose his job. Rule #1 - If two goalies are relatively similar, always keep the younger one. Also Vas is better now anyways.
Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:53 p.m.
I could see them choosing Fleury or Bishop; HOWEVER it might be useful for them to take players from those teams, so maybe they could just sign Bishop as a FA (they'll have lots of cap room for him) that way they can get a Dman from Pitts (like Pouliot) and a forward from TB (Like Killorn)
Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:00 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
What about Raanta? Rangers have to protect Lundqvist because of his NMC. Raanta has been phenomenal this year and he has a very cap friendly contract. $1M caphit next year.
Dec. 14, 2016 at 9:29 a.m.
Be formless
I think it will be Fleury and Raanta, with one good prospect in the AHL. Vegas should stock up on defensemen in this draft and build from the back out. Plus defensemen are a hot commodity in the NHL and there will not be many top-6 forwards available w/ decent contracts, so McPhee could trade away extra d-men for good forwards, prospects or picks.
Dec. 14, 2016 at 9:40 a.m.
Be formless
Quoting: Watty1
Gotta give you a dose of reality dude, you're an expansion team. It will be at least 6-7 years before you're getting any shot at the Cup, if not longer. No matter what Bettman or Foley says, the other 30 teams will do everything to make sure you don't get any of their good players. Some will be available, but you'll need to find young guys. Love the passion, but just worry about being competitive first.

I have to disagree. Expansion teams have been successful immediately in the past, and they certainly have set up the rules of this draft to allow that to happen. If Vegas drafts well, makes some smart trades/signings, and gets a stud like Vilardi or Hischier in the draft, they will have a good shot at making the playoffs in year one.
Dec. 19, 2016 at 2:52 a.m.
I'm a Skatman
I wouldn't sleep on Grubauer. Has been developing steadily and might be ready for a shot at a starting position at the age of 26 next year.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll