Forums/Armchair-GM

Not my usual Forte

Created by: Maj
Initial Creation Date: Jul 31, 2019
Published: Jul 31 at 4:09 am
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Team Explanation
First try at Chicago, I know you guys will let me know where and how I **** up..... but explain why it's bad and not just scream it is bad.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Perlini, Brendan4$1,250,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Ryan, Bobby
OTT
  1. Seabrook, Brent
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
2020
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
2021
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
MTL
2022
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$81,463,461$0$3,357,500$36,539
Left WingCenterRight Wing
CHI
Smith, Zack
$3,250,000
LW, C
NTC
UFA - 2
CHI
Toews, Jonathan
$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
CHI
Kane, Patrick
$10,500,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
CHI
DeBrincat, Alex
$778,333
LW, RW
RFA - 1
CHI
Shaw, Andrew
$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
CHI
Saad, Brandon
$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
OTT
Ryan, Bobby
$7,250,000
RW, LW
NMC NTC
UFA - 3
CHI
Kämpf, David
$1,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
CHI
Carpenter, Ryan
$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
CHI
Caggiula, Drake
$1,500,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
CHI
Strome, Dylan
$863,333
C
RFA - 1
CHI
Perlini, Brendan
$1,250,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
CHI
Keith, Duncan
$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
CHI
Murphy, Connor
$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
CHI
Crawford, Corey
$6,000,000
G
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
CHI
De Haan, Calvin
$4,550,000
LD
UFA - 3
CHI
Gustafsson, Erik
$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
CHI
Lehner, Robin
$5,000,000
G
UFA - 1
CHI
Määttä, Olli
$4,083,333
LD
UFA - 3
CHI
Dahlström, Carl
$850,000
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
CHI
Quenneville, John
$750,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
CHI
Gilbert, Dennis
$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
CHI
Kubalik, Dominik
$925,000
LW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

  • To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul 31 at 5:18
#1
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 2,390
Likes: 1,205
IT'S BAD...lol
Jul 31 at 6:58
#2
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,831
Likes: 487
Speaking of Fortes in Chicago, remember Matt Forte? What ever happened to that guy?
Jul 31 at 7:54
#3
exo2769
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,008
Likes: 1,234
Edited Jul 31 at 8:32
Quoting: aspina25
Speaking of Fortes in Chicago, remember Matt Forte? What ever happened to that guy?


He became a New York Jet and since retired. Does broadcasting back in Chicago now with Lance Briggs and Alex Brown.

As for the trade. Seabrook's value has never been lower than it is right now. I know I'm bias here, but I also look into the details more than most on this site do. Seabrook clearly isn't fast and can't hold his own pairing like he used to be able to do. BUT, he shouldn't be forced with literally (5) 1st timers and the likes of Brandon Davidson/Daniel Manning last year. Seriously, Seabs played ~20% of the season with Keith (and played pretty good), but the other ~80% was with a rotating cast of AHLers or Rookies. He shouldn't have been put in that position and he won't be going forward.
Maj liked this.
Jul 31 at 8:26
#4
Thread Starter
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 597
Likes: 213
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
IT'S BAD...lol


at least I got rid of the Seabrook contract, and bobby ryan is only there for 3 years , opposed to 6
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul 31 at 10:08
#5
N/a
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 118
Likes: 34
Seabrook should be traded due to the salary. He isn’t as bad as people think, but sure as hell not worth the cap hit. Also, people want Seabs gone to make it easier to resign Debricat and strome. Trade is a lose lose for both teams with the hawks taking on even more salary, not shedding it
Maj liked this.
Jul 31 at 3:46
#6
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 2,390
Likes: 1,205
Quoting: Maj
at least I got rid of the Seabrook contract, and bobby ryan is only there for 3 years , opposed to 6


Ask yourself why would Ottawa take on 3 more years of a bad contact? Chicago offered the 3rd overall pick in this past draft to try to get a team to take on Seabrook and got no takers. Remember you have to look at trades from both teams perspective.
Maj liked this.
 
Reply
To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll