Forums/Armchair-GM

DJ is starting to piss me off

Created by: Claesson4Norris
Team: 2019-20 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 8, 2019
Published: Oct. 8, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Same bull**** as Boucher. Why bother calling up a guy like Abramov just to play him 7 minutes a night? Was all the talk about playing the kids really just BS?
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$74,433,333$0$3,625,000$7,066,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 6
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,937,500$2,937,500
C
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW
RFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
LD
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 2
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 8, 2019 at 11:26 a.m.
... We're a "Team"..
Sabourin=Pyatt
Hainsey=Oduya

At least we got rid of Ebert before he replaces Demelo with him...
Oct. 8, 2019 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: Green4D4Again
Sabourin=Pyatt
Hainsey=Oduya

At least we got rid of Ebert before he replaces Demelo with him...

There is no excuse for playing Ennis in the top six ahead of a young developing forward. Sabourin I could care less about. He's playing on the 4th line, where they shouldn't really be playing young guys anyway.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 11:40 a.m.
... We're a "Team"..
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
There is no excuse for playing Ennis in the top six ahead of a young developing forward. Sabourin I could care less about. He's playing on the 4th line, where they shouldn't really be playing young guys anyway.

I agree. As a fan, and as a paying customer, I'd rather watch someone like Abramov/Namestnikov actually play rather then Ennis. I'd like to think that these guys are getting playing time because they are being showcased to other teams to be traded eventually. It just seems a little odd that they happen to be ex-leafs that are favored by the coach... I don't know, trust the process for now, it's not like we are playing good hockey right now anyways... If things don't change by game 10-15, and if the kids in Belleville are lighting in up and not getting rewarded by getting called up, then I'll be a little more worried...
Oct. 8, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
I agree. As a fan, and as a paying customer, I'd rather watch someone like Abramov/Namestnikov actually play rather then Ennis. I'd like to think that these guys are getting playing time because they are being showcased to other teams to be traded eventually. It just seems a little odd that they happen to be ex-leafs that are favored by the coach... I don't know, trust the process for now, it's not like we are playing good hockey right now anyways... If things don't change by game 10-15, and if the kids in Belleville are lighting in up and not getting rewarded by getting called up, then I'll be a little more worried...

This slow start is killing me. These huge gaps between games makes it feel like the team is stagnating. Once they start playing a few games we'll have a better sense of where they stand.

We're only two games in, so it's still too early to make assessments, but it's a lot of disheartening stuff happening without having on ice stuff to draw attention. Batherson and Chlapik getting zero runway, Comments by Brown's Agent, then putting Abramov on the 4th line is all very frustrating.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 1:29 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
This slow start is killing me. These huge gaps between games makes it feel like the team is stagnating. Once they start playing a few games we'll have a better sense of where they stand.

We're only two games in, so it's still too early to make assessments, but it's a lot of disheartening stuff happening without having on ice stuff to draw attention. Batherson and Chlapik getting zero runway, Comments by Brown's Agent, then putting Abramov on the 4th line is all very frustrating.

I agree. It'll pick up soon. I'm still in pre-season/off-season mode right now and haven't really being paying as much attention as I would like.

The young guys will get their shot. Just not until the mid-way when we know where their development is at. Can't rush them and end up like Edmonton... Batherson looked really bad his first two games and I think we've learned that from the likes of Cowen and Lazar that we can't rush them... They are just kids and a thrusting them into a losing atmosphere isn't helping anyone.

Letting them dominate in the AHL isn't a bad thing but letting them stagnate isn't the way to go either. Injuries and consistency issues will happen and when that does, hopefully some of the kids are called up to take action.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 1:57 p.m.
I agree. It'll pick up soon. I'm still in pre-season/off-season mode right now and haven't really being paying as much attention as I would like.

The young guys will get their shot. Just not until the mid-way when we know where their development is at. Can't rush them and end up like Edmonton... Batherson looked really bad his first two games and I think we've learned that from the likes of Cowen and Lazar that we can't rush them... They are just kids and a thrusting them into a losing atmosphere isn't helping anyone.

Letting them dominate in the AHL isn't a bad thing but letting them stagnate isn't the way to go either. Injuries and consistency issues will happen and when that does, hopefully some of the kids are called up to take action.

The problem with the "let the young guys develop in the AHL" strategy is that they currently have more guys in the AHL than they can even play. With guys like Paul, Rodewald, and Swzarz, they end up with **** like Norris and Davidsson on the 4th line, and Veronneau not even in the lineup.

They need to clear out space, whether that's with NHL or AHL moves, the young guys need to be given priority.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
The problem with the "let the young guys develop in the AHL" strategy is that they currently have more guys in the AHL than they can even play. With guys like Paul, Rodewald, and Swzarz, they end up with **** like Norris and Davidsson on the 4th line, and Veronneau not even in the lineup.

They need to clear out space, whether that's with NHL or AHL moves, the young guys need to be given priority.

and yet Mr. Genius dorion traded for Namestnikov, Vladislav taking up another spot from a young guy....the more he does the more i am convince he has no idea what the hell he is doing....
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:11 p.m.
Quoting: athrin
and yet Mr. Genius dorion traded for Namestnikov, Vladislav taking up another spot from a young guy....the more he does the more i am convince he has no idea what the hell he is doing....

I have more of a problem with Anisimov, Boedker and Hainsey tbh. They take up space and bring minimal value on ice. Replace Hainsey and Anisimov with a Jaros and Brown and Boedker with any of Paul, Rodewald, Davidsson, Batherson, Formenton etc. Sens would be a lot more fun, and it would solve the congestion problem right away.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: athrin

OK so I think we need to pump the brakes a bit. They aren't taking a space from anyone. They are nhl players. The kids need to take the space away from them, and make them expendable. Unfortunately, they haven't done that and it's worse putting those players in a position that is unforgiving. Destroyed confidence in sports is one of the hardest things to get back.
I get its frustrating, but I knew what this year was going to be. Seeing where the young players are at and letting them dictate who gets the opportunities. The young players that are ready have regular jobs, white, Chabot, Tkachuck, braanstrom (verdict TBD).
The others just need time, but that's ok. I'd rather none play than any of them playing because of pushy management
Oct. 8, 2019 at 4:06 p.m.
Quoting: CMac66
OK so I think we need to pump the brakes a bit. They aren't taking a space from anyone. They are nhl players. The kids need to take the space away from them, and make them expendable. Unfortunately, they haven't done that and it's worse putting those players in a position that is unforgiving. Destroyed confidence in sports is one of the hardest things to get back.
I get its frustrating, but I knew what this year was going to be. Seeing where the young players are at and letting them dictate who gets the opportunities. The young players that are ready have regular jobs, white, Chabot, Tkachuck, braanstrom (verdict TBD).
The others just need time, but that's ok. I'd rather none play than any of them playing because of pushy management

If they want to play everyone in Belleville, that's fine, but they need to make that actually happen, because currently it is not.

When Belleville's top nine is filled with AHL talent like Szwarz, Rodewald, Paul, Klimchuk and Carcone it creates the same problem in the AHL that we currently have in the NHL. A glut of middling talent taking space away from developing prospects.

Current lines from Belleville have Chlapik on the 3rd line, Norris and Davidsson on the 4th line and Veronneau not even in the lineup. In what way is this better for Development than having Brown on the 3rd line and Chlapik on the 4th in the NHL?

they have too many redundant players in both lineups and it's a problem. Why do we need four NHL 3rd line centers in Namestnikov, Tierney, Pageau and Anisimov? Do we really need Paul, Rodewald, Klimchuk AND Carcone. Trim the fat.

Maybe the solution is to eliminate redundancies in the NHL lineup, and fill the spots with you Nick Pauls and Jack Rodewalds. Keeps the young guys in the AHL, and clears space to have them ACTUALLY PLAYING.
athrin liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll