SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

If the Leafs still suck under Keefe, what happens?

Nov. 21, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Does Dubas lose his job, does he trade Barrie, or both?
Nov. 21, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
torontos finest
Roster overhaul.

I don't think Dubas would get axed immediately if the team continues to underperform, but missing the playoffs and having a lackluster start next season might be cause for his dismissal.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:44 a.m.
In hindsight, Dubas never should've given in to Nylander's absurd contract demands. He set a terrible precedent when he overpaid him, and then Matthews and Marner took full advantage. This core group will never win the Cup together. And they'll never get full value for Nylander in a trade.
HabsForEver liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 12:32 p.m.
If Toronto misses the playoffs, I would have to think Dubas is in the hotseat. Shanahan would watch what Dubas did in the offseason closely.
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
In hindsight, Dubas never should've given in to Nylander's absurd contract demands. He set a terrible precedent when he overpaid him, and then Matthews and Marner took full advantage. This core group will never win the Cup together. And they'll never get full value for Nylander in a trade.

Now they are going to have to overpay their defensemen and let a few walk. It gets worse and worse every year.
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 6:48 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
Now they are going to have to overpay their defensemen and let a few walk. It gets worse and worse every year.

Absolutely right. I just wanna say that I think Kyle Dubas has all of the qualities of a fine GM. But he's young and very inexperienced. I think he was given too much responsibility too soon. He made one big mistake when he caved to Nylander and then he lost control.

Lou made plenty of questionable decisions during his short tenure, but I can say with much confidence that he never ever in a million years would've signed Nylander for $7M AAV on a long term deal. Lou would've never rewarded a 22 year old for bailing on his team for the first 2 months of the season.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 6:52 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Roster overhaul.

I don't think Dubas would get axed immediately if the team continues to underperform, but missing the playoffs and having a lackluster start next season might be cause for his dismissal.

I know it's only been one game, but the Leafs looked they they were actually having fun playing hockey last night. When the last time the players weren't walking on eggshells out there? At the end of the day, Babcock didn't seem very fun. And it's gotta be hard to win when you're not having any fun.
Nov. 24, 2019 at 10:39 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Brian2016
I know it's only been one game, but the Leafs looked they they were actually having fun playing hockey last night. When the last time the players weren't walking on eggshells out there? At the end of the day, Babcock didn't seem very fun. And it's gotta be hard to win when you're not having any fun.

Probably because the new coach won't be doing **** like this:

Brian2016 and AndrewLadd liked this.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 2:22 a.m.

Those sort of mind games don't really work on professionals. Maybe in h.s. or college, but at the NHL level??? Wow!
Nov. 25, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

Dude what is wrong w that guy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll