Forums/Armchair-GM

Christmas Wish List

Created by: HatterTParty
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 25, 2019
Published: Dec. 25, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just a compilation of all the trades or moves on my holiday wish list. Just to note:
1) Fire Bowman. You’re the problem Stan, you had your chances, just move on. I don’t trust you to rebuild this team, since all you ever did was build around a winning team that Dale Tallon gifted you.
2) Don’t fire JC, yet. Give him the year, get the lottery pick, then fire him if it looks like he still has no idea what he’s doing. We need a coach who actually runs a more effort-based, skill, speed, and possession system, not this bull**** defensive crap.
3) This team, genuinely, is just not good. We set ourselves back a ways taking Dach in the draft instead of Byram AND THEN taking a marquee forward in this stacked draft. Also, the Joki trade, getting Shaw back for THREE draft picks, and other absurd moves (way too many to through all) can be included. Too much needs to change and we all need to pray that the defensive prospects are actually as good as we’ve heard.
4) We really need to move these veteran Dmen. We can talk all we want about how exciting these new kids are gonna be, but if we don’t give them playing time, what’s the point?! Gotta find ways to get rid of them.
5) Please, for god sakes, can we please get faster......
Trades
CHI
  1. Byram, Bowen
Additional Details:
Not gonna comment on my feelings on Dach since everyone should know I don’t like him. Byram was what we needed, Dach wasn’t, nuff said. All feelings aside, it’s just a wish.
CHI
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (VGK)
  2. 2021 4th round pick (VGK)
VAN
  1. Seabrook, Brent
Additional Details:
Honestly, I’d sit seabrook until he waves his no trade. If he does, buyout Eriksson.
CHI
  1. Fleury, Haydn
  2. Haula, Erik
  3. 2020 1st round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
Fleury constantly looks like he isn’t being appreciated in Carolina. Granted that just might be my perception. Haula is a nice speedy player for bottom six depth that we are missing badly with injury. 1st round pick is the lower of the two.
CAR
  1. Lehner, Robin
Additional Details:
I know this is unpopular, but I just don’t see why lehner would wanna stay in Chicago. The team is not trending in the right direction and he’s in the prime of his career.
CHI
  1. Johnsson, Andreas
  2. Mikheyev, Ilya
  3. 2020 3rd round pick (CBJ)
TOR
  1. Saad, Brandon
  2. 2021 4th round pick (VGK)
Additional Details:
Okay, I know how good Saad has been this year, but if we can get some decent value out of him, so be it. Especially if we am gonna admit we need a rebuild, which we really do.
CHI
  1. 2020 5th round pick (CAR)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$61,251,409$0$5,270,000$20,248,591
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 25, 2019 at 3:35 a.m.
imo Dale Tallon is the "true" architect of the 3 Blackhawks Championship.
Moloch and HatterTParty liked this.
Dec. 25, 2019 at 10:09 a.m.
Jzoni10
At the time of the draft Joki wasn't traded yet. That being said we had Joki, Boqvist, Beaudin, and Mitchell all good defensive prospects on the rise. I don't think we needed Byram at the time, but then again we didn't know Joki was going to be traded. Not saying Dach was my first choice (I wanted Turcotte) but he isn't doing too bad currently.
PhillDaThrill liked this.
Dec. 25, 2019 at 12:11 p.m.
Quoting: Jzoni10
At the time of the draft Joki wasn't traded yet. That being said we had Joki, Boqvist, Beaudin, and Mitchell all good defensive prospects on the rise. I don't think we needed Byram at the time, but then again we didn't know Joki was going to be traded. Not saying Dach was my first choice (I wanted Turcotte) but he isn't doing too bad currently.

Ya know, I can say all I want how much I dislike Dach and his playing style, but I like the way you explained this. Sure, dach is okay. Do I wish he could control a game in the same way that faster players could? Sure. However, I do believe us trading for maatta before the draft sealed the picking of either turcotte or dach. I admit, I was very angry when we traded for maatta, cuz I knew how slow he was. The writing was on the wall that we weren’t taking byram at that point. Sure we had great prospects, but none projected to be number ones like byram.

Sure, maybe Dach could be good. But what really sucks is that we have to face byram in conference for the 10 plus years. I genuinely don’t think the hawks will ever consistently get the better of the byram or the Avs in that timeframe. Ergo, I don’t really see dach for what he may be, I see him for what he will have to deal with for years to come.
Jzoni10 liked this.
Dec. 25, 2019 at 12:28 p.m.
No way Car does that trade. On Dach at the draft, Hawks had no top 6 forward prospects whatsoever so i understood why they chose him over Byram. The Joki trade I just can't understand why Blowman chose Nylander. Hawks assumed nearly all the risk in that trade w/o getting anything additional in return.
Dec. 25, 2019 at 1:29 p.m.
Quoting: Chopper
No way Car does that trade. On Dach at the draft, Hawks had no top 6 forward prospects whatsoever so i understood why they chose him over Byram. The Joki trade I just can't understand why Blowman chose Nylander. Hawks assumed nearly all the risk in that trade w/o getting anything additional in return.

Here’s the problem with the top six forward prospects point. We have debrincat, strome, kubalik, even Saad. Cat and strome are both 22 or under and consistent producers. On top of that, toews and Kane aren’t going anywhere for at least another 3 plus years. Lastly, offense hasn’t been our problem the last few years. The fact that it is now is because JC plays a **** defensive system that emphasizes the worst in our team.

Essentially, taking dach was fixing a problem that wasn’t a problem YET. Byram fixed a problem that was IMMEDIATELY a problem. Sure we have plenty of prospects, but ask Carolina and Nashville if that’s a problem. It’s not. In fact, it actually gives you plenty of trade capital, that is if Blowman doesn’t give up a top prospect for a **** forward straight up. Plus, this next has a stacked crop of forwards. Are the hawks gonna pass on a plethora of top forward prospects to take a defenseman this time? Or let the problem go unfixed again?
Dec. 25, 2019 at 2:23 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
Here’s the problem with the top six forward prospects point. We have debrincat, strome, kubalik, even Saad. Cat and strome are both 22 or under and consistent producers. On top of that, toews and Kane aren’t going anywhere for at least another 3 plus years. Lastly, offense hasn’t been our problem the last few years. The fact that it is now is because JC plays a **** defensive system that emphasizes the worst in our team.

Essentially, taking dach was fixing a problem that wasn’t a problem YET. Byram fixed a problem that was IMMEDIATELY a problem. Sure we have plenty of prospects, but ask Carolina and Nashville if that’s a problem. It’s not. In fact, it actually gives you plenty of trade capital, that is if Blowman doesn’t give up a top prospect for a **** forward straight up. Plus, this next has a stacked crop of forwards. Are the hawks gonna pass on a plethora of top forward prospects to take a defenseman this time? Or let the problem go unfixed again?

It takes 5 players to play defense. Maybe defense has been an issue because our forwards can't play **** for defense or don't care to. How many times do you see the Hawks having 3 forwards behind the net in the ozone, which turns in to an odd many break? Maybe part of the issue with the team is we only have 2 legitimate top 6 2 way forwards w/o including Dach. I would also argue that on a truly good team Kubalik and Strome are in no way top 6, but 3rd line players. Strome can't do **** without ADB and/or Kane.
Dec. 25, 2019 at 3:01 p.m.
Quoting: Chopper
It takes 5 players to play defense. Maybe defense has been an issue because our forwards can't play **** for defense or don't care to. How many times do you see the Hawks having 3 forwards behind the net in the ozone, which turns in to an odd many break? Maybe part of the issue with the team is we only have 2 legitimate top 6 2 way forwards w/o including Dach. I would also argue that on a truly good team Kubalik and Strome are in no way top 6, but 3rd line players. Strome can't do **** without ADB and/or Kane.

That’s absolutely fair, but, how often do our defensemen get outpaced night in and night out? How many times do our defenders struggle to skate with the puck? How often do they struggle to even move the puck?

I understand the struggle to play 5 man defense, but this team needs to at least be able to get the puck up ice first, keep up with the opposition first, and actually hold the freakin offense zone line first! Dach doesn’t change any of that. In all honesty, Colorado was the first game all season where it looked like he actually gave a damn for the whole game. Then he disappears, AGAIN, against a lowly devils team. Now, everyone disappeared to be fair. But the Blackhawks M.O. used to be having great defense lead the charge with Keith, seabs, hammer, and oduya. Even leddy! They all kept pace with the play and knew how to move and move the puck.

I’ll finish my argument by simply saying, this team is not any better, if not worse, than last year. How is that possible when we have maatta, nylander, Shaw and dehaan (when healthy)? Oh yea, and DACH!! Is it possible a guy like byram, who is nhl ready (don’t question why he’s in juniors, Colorado didn’t need him this year, that simple), and able to jump straight into the team, could help? More than dach? Sorry, but my answer is yes. Nothing was gonna get us in the playoffs this year, but at least we’d have byram and a chance at lafreniere or byfield in next year’s draft. Honestly, just poor decision making by bowman and mark Kelley.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll