Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,241,667$0$3,465,000$5,258,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$845,000$845,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 6, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
Quoting: SalamiCheese
I mean, they kept Thompson in the NHL for almost the entire last season, Mitts also played all last season, and part of it in the NHL. I’m not even completely worried about Cozens’s physical condition, it’s more about psychology.

Mitts and Thompson were here hast year because we needed their cheap entry level contracts and we had nothing in the system that was better prepared than them . Sad Situation . Blame Tim Murray's bad drafting and even worse trades that gutted us of all developing prospects.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 2:33 p.m.
Quoting: Swagmaster
Mitts and Thompson were here hast year because we needed their cheap entry level contracts and we had nothing in the system that was better prepared than them . Sad Situation . Blame Tim Murray's bad drafting and even worse trades that gutted us of all developing prospects.

Murray is no longer two and a half years old, now we have a GM who can’t cope with his duties and I won't even argue on this topic.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
Murray is no longer two and a half years old, now we have a GM who can’t cope with his duties and I won't even argue on this topic.

You no have no idea what you are talking about .Any trade right now as to be money in equals money out with all the teams against the cap. After this season we will finally have the cap freedom to make real moves . All our picks from the last three drafts are progressing nicely . Botterill inherited a tire fire . A farm system in shambles and no developing prospects to speak of. He is doing exactly what he said he was going to do . Build the organization with proper drafting and developing. Our farm teams are thriving. The future looks good.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
You no have no idea what you are talking about .Any trade right now as to be money in equals money out with all the teams against the cap. After this season we will finally have the cap freedom to make real moves . All our picks from the last three drafts are progressing nicely . Botterill inherited a tire fire . A farm system in shambles and no developing prospects to speak of. He is doing exactly what he said he was going to do . Build the organization with proper drafting and developing. Our farm teams are thriving. The future looks good.

You don’t have a clue what you are saying, he traded our elite 2C for a bunch of garbage, at the beginning he hired a bad coach and then fired him after a year and a half. It is he who controls the cap, not Murray. He dragged Sobotka, Vesey, Hunwick, Sheary, Miller into the team, this is almost 15 million space in the cap, he still has not found a replacement for ROR, has not acquired any 2C at all, he ruined the development of Mitts and Thompson, and made a bunch of other mistakes. He is a terrible GM and must be fired if the team chooses again in the top 10. He's just a stupid idiot.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 5:44 p.m.
Edited Jan. 6, 2020 at 5:54 p.m.
You don’t have a clue what you are saying, he traded our elite 2C for a bunch of garbage, at the beginning he hired a bad coach and then fired him after a year and a half. It is he who controls the cap, not Murray. He dragged Sobotka, Vesey, Hunwick, Sheary, Miller into the team, this is almost 15 million space in the cap, he still has not found a replacement for ROR, has not acquired any 2C at all, he ruined the development of Mitts and Thompson, and made a bunch of other mistakes. He is a terrible GM and must be fired if the team chooses again in the top 10. He's just a stupid idiot.

The elite 2c demanded the trade because members of this stupid fan base freaked out when he was honest . He actually had to leave town before he was even traded it got so bad . Like what is happening to Cody Ford on the Bills right now !. Sobotka came in the trade as if you knew anything about the salary cap you would know the money had to even out. No other team even made a respectable offer. You know absolutely nothing . He will not be fired as the Pegulas are happy and see the farm system thriving and the talent in the pipeline developing. Sorry it is not quick enough for you . He is building the entire organization for long term success in a small northern American market. Draft and develop was the plan . There were no cheap salaries of adequate players so we were stuck using Middlestadt and Thompson last year because we needed their cheap entry level contracts.. Murray gutted this organization . Notice everything Botterill did was lined up so tons of money would be coming off the books this year ?
Jan. 6, 2020 at 5:59 p.m.
The elite 2c demanded the trade because members of this stupid fan base freaked out when he was honest . He actually had to leave town before he was even traded it got so bad . Like what is happening to Cody Ford on the Bills right now !. Sobotka came in the trade as if you knew anything about the salary cap you would know the money had to even out. No other team even made a respectable offer. You know absolutely nothing . He will not be fired as the Pegulas are happy and see the farm system thriving and the talent in the pipeline developing. Sorry it is not quick enough for you . He is building the entire organization for long term success in a small northern American market. Draft and develop was the plan . There were no cheap salaries of adequate players so we were stuck using Middlestadt and Thompson last year because we needed their cheap entry level contracts.. Murray gutted this organization . Notice everything Botterill did was lined up so tons of money would be coming off the books this year ?

ROR did not ask for trade, he had an excellent relationship with Jack, maybe he said it on emotions, it doesn’t matter. Botterill made a terrible deal, almost everyone recognized it, they still laugh at us because of this deal. Sobotka and Berglund were a dump for St. Louis and Botterill as an idiot accepted them, it was just stupid. If no team made a respectable offer, then hold it, let the billionaire Pegula pay the bonus and there would be many good offers after that. There was an article in Athletics that Pegula gave full control to Botterill and GM Bills, this deal is entirely on Botterill. Sakic held Duchene and did not trade him until there was a right deal, because Sakic is smart, and Botterell is not. When Jack asks for a trade or Krueger asks to dismiss Botterill, he fired, he’s absolutely trash GM and his level is the AHL team. Of course, you can further defend this inept GM, but I will remain with my opinion.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 6:03 p.m.
ROR did not ask for trade, he had an excellent relationship with Jack, maybe he said it on emotions, it doesn’t matter. Botterill made a terrible deal, almost everyone recognized it, they still laugh at us because of this deal. Sobotka and Berglund were a dump for St. Louis and Botterill as an idiot accepted them, it was just stupid. If no team made a respectable offer, then hold it, let the billionaire Pegula pay the bonus and there would be many good offers after that. There was an article in Athletics that Pegula gave full control to Botterill and GM Bills, this deal is entirely on Botterill. Sakic held Duchene and did not trade him until there was a right deal, because Sakic is smart, and Botterell is not. When Jackl asks for a trade or Krueger asks to dismiss Botterill, he fired, he’s absolutely trash GM and his level is the AHL team.

Oh yes he did . After the comments . This fan base lost its mind and made his life hell . Had nothing to do with Jack. They moved him so this crap would stay buried . They have a hard enough time getting players to consider coming here. Then the Pegulas wanted the deal done before they had to pay the 7.5 million signing bonus.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
Oh yes he did . After the comments . This fan base lost its mind and made his life hell . Had nothing to do with Jack. They moved him so this crap would stay buried . They have a hard enough time getting players to consider coming here. Then the Pegulas wanted the deal done before they had to pay the 7.5 million signing bonus.

So move it after paying the bonus in order to return a good return, Pegula was ready to pay the bonus, but Botterill was just a coward and trade him for a bunch of garbage.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
So move it after paying the bonus in order to return a good return, Pegula was ready to pay the bonus, but Botterill was just a coward and trade him for a bunch of garbage.

No The Pegulas did not want to pay the bonus . That is why it was rushed. He is no coward . But the people that sign the checks wanted the deal done before Bonus had to be paid .
Murray gave away to much for him in the first place . We lost both O'Reilly trades.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.
No The Pegulas did not want to pay the bonus . That is why it was rushed. He is no coward . But the people that sign the checks wanted the deal done before Bonus had to be paid .
Murray gave away to much for him in the first place . We lost both O'Reilly trades.

Have you talked to Pegula? No, I thought so. There was an article on Athletics that Botterill has full control of deals, like Bean in the Buffalo Bills. We had a great player in place 2C, but he trade him for two cap dumps and not an elite prospect, he still has not found a replacement for him, a year and a half has passed, and you continue to protect his.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Have you talked to Pegula? No, I thought so. There was an article on Athletics that Botterill has full control of deals, like Bean in the Buffalo Bills. We had a great player in place 2C, but he trade him for two cap dumps and not an elite prospect, he still has not found a replacement for him, a year and a half has passed, and you continue to protect his.

Have talked to someone in PSE. And actually got the O'Reilly story from a close family friend while attending a London Knights game . Member of Knights management that is an old junior team mate of mine introduced me . O'Reilly's are big Knight supporters. . O'Reilly family friend was rather curt with me . Wanted to know what was wrong with Buffalo fans . Also told me the story behind the Tom Hortons incident ! Guess what Ryan was not driving ! Actually covering for a bigger NHL star than him that was driving . He has won a Norris and plays for the Kings. Can tell you what event they were even coming from that got them in that condition. Pays to know lots of people.. But keep on being salty about it. I liked O'Reilly and am disgusted with how Buffalo fans act at times.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
Have talked to someone in PSE. And actually got the O'Reilly story from a close family friend while attending a London Knights game . Member of Knights management that is an old junior team mate of mine introduced me . O'Reilly's are big Knight supporters. . O'Reilly family friend was rather curt with me . Wanted to know what was wrong with Buffalo fans . Also told me the story behind the Tom Hortons incident ! Guess what Ryan was not driving ! Actually covering for a bigger NHL star than him that was driving . He has won a Norris and plays for the Kings. Can tell you what event they were even coming from that got them in that condition. Pays to know lots of people.. But keep on being salty about it. I liked O'Reilly and am disgusted with how Buffalo fans act at times.

I never wanted them to trade him. I always been on his side, anyone on this team can lose the love of the game after so many years of suffering and defeat. I won’t blame Jack if he asks for a deal tomorrow, because he drags this team almost alone.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 7:14 p.m.
I never wanted them to trade him. I always been on his side, anyone on this team can lose the love of the game after so many years of suffering and defeat. I won’t blame Jack if he asks for a deal tomorrow, because he drags this team almost alone.

Jack is not asking for a trade . Botterill has him seeing the vision. Hopefully none of the idiots in this town get it in their head they want Jack gone.. This is the big summer.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 7:17 p.m.
Jack is not asking for a trade . Botterill has him seeing the vision. Hopefully none of the idiots in this town get it in their head they want Jack gone.. This is the big summer.

In this team, someone constantly asks for an trade or just leaves. I really hope that Jack will really stay in Buffalo, but if the team does not improve in the next 1-2 seasons, I see how he asks for a deal.
Jan. 7, 2020 at 12:54 a.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Its only 9 games, i dont see the big deal, he gets the experience and then goes and finishes the season

I guess considering our injury situation,
I could get on board with it
As long as it’s for ONLY 9 GAMES
Then he gets sent back
No way we should be burning a year of his ELC this season

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll