Forums/Armchair-GM

EDM Trade

Created by: MSambo21
Team: 2016-17 Columbus Blue Jackets
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 25, 2016
Published: Jul. 25, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Realistic Yak trade. EDM seems to really want to trade Yak but tends to over value their first overall pick/bust. Statically, these two are not that different.
Trades
EDM
  1. Clarkson, David ($2,500,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$73,000,000$63,185,476$0$1,822,500$9,814,524
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
UFA - 4
$5,850,000$5,850,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$475,000$475K)
C
UFA - 1
$655,833$655,833 (Performance Bonus$232,500$232K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,825,000$2,825,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 6
$7,425,000$7,425,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 3
$4,357,143$4,357,143
LD
UFA - 2
$742,500$742,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,062,500$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,575,000$1,575,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2016 at 11:05 a.m.
HAHAHAHJAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Thank you for your contribution.
JPFlyers liked this.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 11:17 a.m.
That isn't realistic at all. Money has to work it doesn't in that trade. Funny stuff man.
JPFlyers liked this.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 11:19 a.m.
JPFlyers
Love the effort and thought that went into this...
Jul. 25, 2016 at 1:21 p.m.
Mr. Bill
Quoting: bones20
That isn't realistic at all. Money has to work it doesn't in that trade. Funny stuff man.

OK, CBJ will then retain $2.5M.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 1:50 p.m.
Mr. Bill
Quoting: billcriddle

You are really playing hard ball now. We will also throw in a 7th round draft pick in 2017 and a case of Clarkson autographed pucks.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 2:13 p.m.

Lol not even if they retained 50%! Clarkson's contract is just absolutely untradeable for anything of value which even though Yak seems to be considered a bust, has a little left still.

No joke, these are the only options for Columbus:

1) Clarkson to LA for Brown - LAK gets smaller and cheaper contract in exchange for a worse player. This is maybe the only real option in terms of getting the most back without giving prospects away, etc. But alas bth guys ahve NMC so it would be difficult.

2) Clarkson to NYR for Girardi - NYR gets a forward instead of a dman. that pretty much the only incentive here. Personally if i were NYR i would keep Girardi. Believe it or not he's way more valuable at this point. But hey if maybe a change of scenery for both guys will help.... Both guys ahve NMC's so once again it would really difficult.

3) Clarkson to (Insert low cap hit team like Carolina or NJ) - If i were Carolina/NJ, I'd explain to the owner that we can pretty much trade money here for picks and prospects with Columbus. The minimum needed for Carolina to consider this would be:

Clarkson
Any prospect in system not named Werenski or Dubois in CLB organization.
2017 1st rounder (lottery protected - if protected in 2017, moved to 2018 but this pick will not be lottery protected)

For

Bickell
4th rounder

Now, I know Jacketsman is punching his screen right now but this is what it would cost. The amount of money Carolina is gonna have to pay Clarkson afer this trade is done is astronomical. Some thing like 20M over the next 4 years BUT with that said, if i were CLB i wouldn't do this. There are other less important options that can be sacrificed before this happens. For example if Columbus absolutely needed to remove 5-7m from their cap for whatever reason, they can trade Johnson for a mid pick and trade Hartnell with as much salary retained in order to get it done asap. And finally the last options for CLB is to buyout Clarkson but this doesn't save them very much cap because Clarkson's contract was constructed to make the team avoid buying him out.

So no......Yakupov for Clarkson (50%) is not even in the ball park.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 2:50 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Lol not even if they retained 50%! Clarkson's contract is just absolutely untradeable for anything of value which even though Yak seems to be considered a bust, has a little left still.

1) Clarkson to LA for Brown - LAK gets smaller and cheaper contract in exchange for a worse player. This is maybe the only real option in terms of getting the most back without giving prospects away, etc. But alas bth guys ahve NMC so it would be difficult.

2) Clarkson to NYR for Girardi - NYR gets a forward instead of a dman. that pretty much the only incentive here. Personally if i were NYR i would keep Girardi. Believe it or not he's way more valuable at this point. But hey if maybe a change of scenery for both guys will help.... Both guys ahve NMC's so once again it would really difficult.

3) Clarkson to (Insert low cap hit team like Carolina or NJ) - If i were Carolina/NJ, I'd explain to the owner that we can pretty much trade money here for picks and prospects with Columbus. The minimum needed for Carolina to consider this would be:

Clarkson
2017 1st rounder (lottery protected - if protected in 2017, moved to 2018 but this pick will not be lottery protected)

For

Bickell
4th rounder

Now, I know Jacketsman is punching his screen right now but this is what it would cost. The amount of money Carolina is gonna have to pay Clarkson afer this trade is done is astronomical. Some thing like 20M over the next 4 years BUT with that said, if i were CLB i wouldn't do this. There are other less important options that can be sacrificed before this happens. For example if Columbus absolutely needed to remove 5-7m from their cap for whatever reason, they can trade Johnson for a mid pick and trade Hartnell with as much salary retained in order to get it done asap. And finally the last options for CLB is to buyout Clarkson but this doesn't save them very much cap because Clarkson's contract was constructed to make the team avoid buying him out.

You're taking this way too seriously. It was meant to poke a little fun at the EDM fans that offer Yak for anything under the sun as if he is still worth the number one overall pick.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 2:54 p.m.
Ottawa Senators
Quoting: MSambo21

Clarkson

For

Bickell
4th rounder

You're taking this way too seriously. It was meant to poke a little fun at the EDM fans that offer Yak for anything under the sun as if he is still worth the number one overall pick.
haha I know. honestly, the oiler fans are the most delusional ones on this site
Jul. 25, 2016 at 5:09 p.m.
Quoting: MSambo21

Clarkson

For

Bickell
4th rounder

Well I'll be damned. sarcasm

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll