Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Jamhuggy7
Published: Apr. 24, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild
  2. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  3. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Minnesota Wild-No brainer, Minnesota goes with Lafreniere, and Minnesota is excited to see him potentially play alongside Kaprizov
2Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksAnother no brainer, Ottawa gets their future #1 centerman in Byfield
3Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Yzerman runs up to the podium to draft another German to play with Seider
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-A shocker, Ottawa addresses their only gaping hole for the future, by picking Askarov
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA picks the defenseman and had a great future ahead, landing Turcotte and Drysdale
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim finally chooses Raymond to potentially be a great linemate to Zegras
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-New Jersey addresses their need for a future goal scorer, picking Holtz
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-At last Buffalo picks Rossi, to have an amazing future center core with Eichel and Rossi
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal addresses their shaky future at center, seeing as Kotkaniemi isn't so great anymore, and thus picks Perfetti
10Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago picks Lundell to make a great center core for the future with Dach and Lundell
11Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesNew Jersey fulfills their need for defensemen, picking Sanderson, who knows Jack Hughes from playing in the USNTDP
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver drafts a great goal scorer to potentially play with Pettersson, in Jack Quinn
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville addresses their shaky forward group, drafting the very underrated Seth Jarvis
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida, in need of defensemen, reaches a bit to pick up Braden Schneider
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary picks one of the best players available in Dylan Holloway
16Logo of the New York Rangers-NY takes their chance on the risky Jeremie Poirier
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg, in need of defense, reach down to pick Kaiden Guhle
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersOttawa is happy to get Gunler at 18
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus picks a centerman in Connor Zary
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsCarolina takes their chance on Hendrix Lapierre
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesRangers risk picking Barron, despite his health problems
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas is lucky to snag Dawson Mercer at 22
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Oilers pick defenseman William Wallinder
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas picks Rodion Amirov
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMinnesota picks center, Jacob Perrault
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Flyers pick the wing, Ridly Greig
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-Caps pick czech winger, Jan Mysak
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningSan Jose starts a long rebuild with Russian, Shakir Mukhamadullin (great hockey name)
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The avs improve their center depth with Mavrik Bourque
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-St. Louis picks german, John-Jason Peterka
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAnaheim picks small winger, Zion Nybeck
Apr. 24, 2020 at 12:57 p.m.
Oilers GM
As the General Manager of the Oilers, why would I pick Wallinder when we have plenty of yound defensemen like Bouchard, Broberg, Bear, Jones, and Samorukov. With the choices left, my selection would be Jan Mysak. Great that you have Jarvis high up tho because he deserves some love.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 12:59 p.m.
Perfetti plays lw.
Also kk is 19. He played hurt all year. Think people forget that Pettersson started at 20.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 1:03 p.m.
SHAKIR MUKHAMADULLIN would probably be the worst pick the sharks could make at 28. Hes a reach, in a position we dont need, and is low ceiling
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: papishark
SHAKIR MUKHAMADULLIN would probably be the worst pick the sharks could make at 28. Hes a reach, in a position we dont need, and is low ceiling

Of every 2020 draft pick I watched this year, he was by far the worst. I wouldn’t pick him in the top 100.
papishark liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Sam
Love Peterka to the Blues, that could be a heck of a fit
Apr. 24, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Quoting: ken_holland
As the General Manager of the Oilers, why would I pick Wallinder when we have plenty of yound defensemen like Bouchard, Broberg, Bear, Jones, and Samorukov. With the choices left, my selection would be Jan Mysak. Great that you have Jarvis high up tho because he deserves some love.

Yeah, I agree, but I honestly never know what to expect with the oilers. I'm not 100% sold on Broberg yet, and the Oilers seem to draft defensemen a lot. It baffles me that they didn't go with Caufield last year, could you imagine him playing with Mcdavid and/or Draisaitl.
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
Quoting: STLBlues17
Of every 2020 draft pick I watched this year, he was by far the worst. I wouldn’t pick him in the top 100.

Yup yup, I dont see anything exciting in his game. Probably ends up a bottom pairing defensive D at best
Apr. 24, 2020 at 2:36 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I like the habs picking Perfetti, although the description is stupid. The habs are set at centre, Perfetti would play LW.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
I like Askarov but not at #4. Now that I have read that Thatcher Demko is potentially available I might be inclined to avoid taking a G that high. Might still take Askarov after pick #’s 8-10. Not sure what the asking price is on Demko.

Oilers most likely taking a shooter or a C.

This Draft would be a huge boon for the Wild. I am not a Wild fan but I like seeing teams that narrowly miss the playoffs getting rewarded with a top 3 pick.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 6:35 p.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Perfetti plays lw.
Also kk is 19. He played hurt all year. Think people forget that Pettersson started at 20.

Habs put him into the NHL too soon. He needed more development time IMO. I honestly believe that all prospects should be held back minimum one year to develop properly. Unless that prospect is a player like McDavid, Matthews, Lafreniere etc.
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 6:49 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
Habs put him into the NHL too soon. He needed more development time IMO. I honestly believe that all prospects should be held back minimum one year to develop properly. Unless that prospect is a player like McDavid, Matthews, Lafreniere etc.

But how does this make him bad, he’s 19
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 7:27 p.m.
But how does this make him bad, he’s 19

I don’t think he’s bad. Jury is still out on him though. I just think his development would have been better off if he had played in either Finland or the AHL for a year.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 7:31 p.m.
I don’t think he’s bad. Jury is still out on him though. I just think his development would have been better off if he had played in either Finland or the AHL for a year.

Okay, I was under the impression that you call him a bust. He probably would have been better off making his nhl debut next season. The mock draft ^ has mtl taking Perfetti to be a centre (even though he’s a winger in the ohl) and that kk isn’t great anymore
Apr. 24, 2020 at 7:38 p.m.
Okay, I was under the impression that you call him a bust. He probably would have been better off making his nhl debut next season. The mock draft ^ has mtl taking Perfetti to be a centre (even though he’s a winger in the ohl) and that kk isn’t great anymore

I honestly thought Perfetti was a C. KK will be better once he gets healthy.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 7:58 p.m.
I honestly thought Perfetti was a C. KK will be better once he gets healthy.

Perfetti was drafted to the ohl as a centre but plays wing on his team and in tournaments
Apr. 25, 2020 at 12:50 a.m.
DOES ANYONE HAVE PROOF THAT YZERMAN WANTS STUTZLE THAT BAD?????????
Apr. 25, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
DOES ANYONE HAVE PROOF THAT YZERMAN WANTS STUTZLE THAT BAD?????????

It’s a nobrainer, why wouldn’t they pick stutzle at 3?
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 26, 2020 at 1:32 a.m.
Quoting: Jamhuggy7
It’s a nobrainer, why wouldn’t they pick stutzle at 3?

Yes because he is the best available but does he take Stutzle over Byfield? I've seen mock drafts he where think he would take Stutzle over Lafreniere.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll