Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,498,925$1,498,925
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: HattrickKane88
    How could you say that Orr is the greatest defenseman because he put up the most points? You do know the purpose of being a defender is to actually be able to defend, to suppress shots, to take the opposition of the puck and to the puck out of the defensive zone. You have no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim that Orr was a good defender.

Because he does play good defense. Can you find me some stats showing he plays bad defense??

More importantly, look at his PPG, he is literally the 4th best ppg EVER, so even if his defense was horse crap, he would still be the best dman in history, not the best "Defensive" dman ever, but he would still be the best dman ever (and again thats if his defense was crap, but it wasnt)
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
    Banned
    Edited Apr. 25, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.
    How could you say that Orr is the greatest defenseman because he put up the most points? You do know the purpose of being a defender is to actually be able to defend, to suppress shots, to take the opposition of the puck and to the puck out of the defensive zone. You have no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim that Orr was a good defender.

Defensive Point Shares "An estimate of the number of points contributed by a player DUE TO HIS DEFENSE"
    1970-71 NHL 9.3 (1st)
    1971-72 NHL 8.1 (1st)
    1973-74 NHL 7.7 (1st)
    1974-75 NHL 8.4 (1st)

He is actually one of the best defensive defenseman of all time too! Holy crap!

Total Goals On-Ice Against (im guessing you can figure this one out)
    1966-67 NHL 95 (9th)
    (EDIT: I forgot too, the bruins SUCKED in 1966-67 because they were coming out of their rebuild so the entire team was terrible (17-43-10) so the fact that he only allowed 95 goals and still won the Calder just goes to show how good he is)

This means that only one year in his career did he have a HIGH number of Goals Allowed, oh and that was his rookie Year lol

I encourage you to read https://www.hockey-reference.com/about/point_shares.html before making any more INSANE comments. (It explains both of those and then some)

So CLEARLY, Bobby Orr is the GREATEST dman of all time, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete liar and is ignorant of the facts.

@coga16 @bhavikp27 @shmoeman @McGruff Hahaha dont worry boys (and ladies?) if he wants to fight, im ready. Just knocked him on his ass, and his credibility on this website is 0
    McGruff and shmoeman liked this.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
    GM CRIME DAWG
    Quoting: bsilk18
    Defensive Point Shares "An estimate of the number of points contributed by a player DUE TO HIS DEFENSE"
    1970-71 NHL 9.3 (1st)
    1971-72 NHL 8.1 (1st)
    1973-74 NHL 7.7 (1st)
    1974-75 NHL 8.4 (1st)

1966-67 NHL 95 (9th)

This means that only one year in his career did he have a HIGH number of Goals Allowed, oh and that was his rookie Year lol

I encourage you to read https://www.hockey-reference.com/about/point_shares.html before making any more INSANE comments. (It explains both of those and then some)

So CLEARLY, Bobby Orr is the GREATEST dman of all time, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete liar and is ignorant of the facts.

@coga16 @bhavikp27 @shmoeman @McGruff Hahaha dont worry boys (and ladies?) if he wants to fight, im ready. Just knocked him on his ass, and his credibility on this website is 0

Good research Silky...
    I was hoping someone would be a star and get on the ol' interweb...
    I'm doing laundry and play-wrasst'lin with my dog - much more impt. than the "Hattie" man today...

Plus I always liked the argument: "5-Orr's playing together would beat "any other 5-of" head-on. Nothing ever more 110% right in hockey than that....!
    There's always hope for the Hattrick (x-fingers)....
    Silkysmooth42 liked this.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: McGruff
    Good research Silky...
    I'm doing laundry and play-wrasst'lin with my dog - much more impt. than the "Hattie" man today...

Plus I always liked the argument: "5-Orr's playing together would beat "any other 5-of" head-on. Nothing ever more 110% right in hockey than that....!

Appreciate it boss! Hope your fluffer enjoys the wrasslin! lol
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 6:03 p.m.
    PatrickKaneIsGOAT
    1970-71 NHL 9.3 (1st)
    1971-72 NHL 8.1 (1st)
    1973-74 NHL 7.7 (1st)
    1974-75 NHL 8.4 (1st)

1966-67 NHL 95 (9th)
    (EDIT: I forgot too, the bruins SUCKED in 1966-67 because they were coming out of their rebuild so the entire team was terrible (17-43-10) so the fact that he only allowed 95 goals and still won the Calder just goes to show how good he is)

Quoting: McGruff
    Good research Silky...

You guys are just homers. You never saw him play & only believe he’s the best because he played for the Bruins. You guys probably aren’t even from Boston. It’s nonsense. Defensive point shares doesn’t tell the whole story. The only reason why his were the highest was because there was no one better at the time. We need to remember that Orr played during a time when hockey wasn’t very developed. Today, the coaches need to watch only 1 video & they’d be able to get his team to stop him. Due to this, you can’t say he’s the best ever.
    McGruff liked this.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
    Banned
    You guys are just homers. You never saw him play & only believe he’s the best because he played for the Bruins. You guys probably aren’t even from Boston. It’s nonsense. Defensive point shares doesn’t tell the whole story. The only reason why his were the highest was because there was no one better at the time. We need to remember that Orr played during a time when hockey wasn’t very developed. Today, the coaches need to watch only 1 video & they’d be able to get his team to stop him. Due to this, you can’t say he’s the best ever.

Lol damn some of you people on here are so bull headed.
    I give you an entire website to read, and you didnt even click the link (Or you would know that defensive point share is more important than we believe)
    Also, if you are saying that "The only reason why his were the highest was because there was no one better at the time" because of the time period, then I guess Bobby Hull, Guy Lafleur, Bobby Clark, Stan Mikita and a bunch of other "Greats" also suck! To badd Guy Lafleur isnt a top 100 player I guess!? (based on your logic of course)

No I am not a homer, and I know @McGruff isnt either, he is one of the most realistic hockey fans I have EVER seen.
    You are just a bruins hater, and it shows smile I love being better than you

I honestly have nothing else to say. The only comments you got on this post are that you are a moron, and they are true.
    I personally dont care anymore because I know Im right. So if you wont listen thats on you.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 7:19 p.m.

youre just sad and pathetic with how hard you try to troll
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
    You guys are just homers. You never saw him play & only believe he’s the best because he played for the Bruins. You guys probably aren’t even from Boston. It’s nonsense.

Because you saw him play?

Today, the coaches need to watch only 1 video & they’d be able to get his team to stop him. Due to this, you can’t say he’s the best ever.

Can't compare today's NHL to 1970s' hockey, big mistake

The only reason why his were the highest was because there was no one better at the time.

Did you really said that? scream You just shot yourself....
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
    You guys are just homers. You never saw him play & only believe he’s the best because he played for the Bruins.

That could work with you and the Blackhawks/Patrick Kane wink
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: coga16
    youre just sad and pathetic with how hard you try to troll

Quoting: bhavikp27

That could work with you and the Blackhawks/Patrick Kane wink

I think my favorite part is that I did a bunch of research and wrote an in depth beautiful paragraph with facts and information and his response was: "you are a homer". Its amazing how ignorant people are on here
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 10:32 p.m.
    PatrickKaneIsGOAT
    Lol damn some of you people on here are so bull headed.
    I give you an entire website to read, and you didnt even click the link (Or you would know that defensive point share is more important than we believe)
    Also, if you are saying that "The only reason why his were the highest was because there was no one better at the time" because of the time period, then I guess Bobby Hull, Guy Lafleur, Bobby Clark, Stan Mikita and a bunch of other "Greats" also suck! To badd Guy Lafleur isnt a top 100 player I guess!? (based on your logic of course)

No I am not a homer, and I know @McGruff isnt either, he is one of the most realistic hockey fans I have EVER seen.
    You are just a bruins hater, and it shows smile I love being better than you

I honestly have nothing else to say. The only comments you got on this post are that you are a moron, and they are true.
    I personally dont care anymore because I know Im right. So if you wont listen thats on you.

None of those forwards that you named were very good. Like I said, if Bobby was playing today or even in the 90s, he wouldn’t have the same success he did playing against amateurs during his day.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 10:35 p.m.
    None of those forwards that you named were very good. Like I said, if Bobby was playing today or even in the 90s, he wouldn’t have the same success he did playing against amateurs during his day.

Well, nobody cares about the " if " because that's not the case. You need to compare it by era. That's what you don't seem to understand.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 10:38 p.m.
    PatrickKaneIsGOAT
    Well, nobody cares about the " if " because that's not the case. You need to compare it by era. That's what you don't seem to understand.

What don’t I understand? If you play in a sh*t era, you’re a sh*t player.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 10:46 p.m.
    What don’t I understand? If you play in a sh*t era, you’re a sh*t player.

You're probably the worst fan I've met... that's telling a lot when even (some) Leafs can understand better.
    Apr. 25, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
    Banned

@bhavikp27 apparently Bobby Hull, Guy Lafleur, Bobby Clark, Stan Mikita (all NHL top 100 players) suck.
    (dont want to be annoying @hockeyfanatic05 , but these are the people that you side with when you try arguing again logic. You and the bcarlo25 guy side with a guy that thinks Orr isnt the best dman ever and that Bobby Hull, Guy Lafleur, Bobby Clark, Stan Mikita are bad players)
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 3:05 a.m.
    Banned
    @bhavikp27 apparently Bobby Hull, Guy Lafleur, Bobby Clark, Stan Mikita (all NHL top 100 players) suck.
    (dont want to be annoying @hockeyfanatic05 , but these are the people that you side with when you try arguing again logic. You and the bcarlo25 guy side with a guy that thinks Orr isnt the best dman ever and that Bobby Hull, Guy Lafleur, Bobby Clark, Stan Mikita are bad players)

lol you look very very very stupid. "Side with a guy that thinks Orr isn't the best dman ever" Show me EXACTLY where I sided with him? Actually, Ill make it easier. So me where I had any involvement in this topic before you went out of your way to mention me.
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 10:03 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
    lol you look very very very stupid. "Side with a guy that thinks Orr isn't the best dman ever" Show me EXACTLY where I sided with him? Actually, Ill make it easier. So me where I had any involvement in this topic before you went out of your way to mention me.

First off, I appologize, i understand why that was confusing, but read this and it will be clear:
    I am saying, by calling me a Homer and someone who doesnt think, you are just like bcarlo25 and this guy.
    Thats all. I never said you agreed with him.

I am saying that there is the side of people (me, mcgruff, and others) who do our research, are kind, and think before commenting // and there is the side of bcarlo25, this guy here, and others who are immediately rude, dont use logic in their arguements, and get mad when you prove them wrong with facts (as you can clearly see here).

You chose to side with bcarlo25 in the last discussion we had, I am showing you right now, with you as an outside perspective, what that looks like.

So my question is: do you still wish to side with bcarlo25 and the jerks and morons? or do you want to appologize and side with me, mcgruff, bhavikp27, csick, and the "good guys" who are nice, do their research, and admit when we are wrong about stuff (like how i was confusing above)
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.
    I don’t understand what in the world Bobby Orr has done to become the consensus greatest defenseman of all time. Just because he got the most hype doesn’t mean he was the best. If you watched him play, you’ll notice he was a pure offensive defenseman who couldn’t actually defend away from the puck. He was a turnover machine as he always coughed up the puck gifting the opposition a breakaway or odd man rush. His positional play was terrible as he always lost his man allowing him to get free for a scoring chance. Whenever he was on the ice, his team would give up a ton of shots. The only reason why he stood out was because he scored a lot of points, the majority of them coming on the powerplay. Chris Chelios was a better defenseman than him.

If you want facts... Out of Orr's 624 career assists, 236 came on the PP (38%) Out of Orr's 264 career goals 74 came on the PP (28%) So no, most of his points did come on the PP. And i know that plus minus is the most disputed stat in hockey now, but you cant be +124 in one season as a defensemen without being at least competent in your end. Also, if you're an analytics person Orr led the league in DPS 4 times, his 9.3 DPS in the 1970-71 season is higher than any mark made by Chelios or Lidstrom. Chelios, Leetch, and Lidstrom were all fantastic players in their own right, but Orr pioneered what it meant to be an offensive defensemen. I find it odd, that you defend Torey Krug a player who I think has a tendency of sacrificing defense for offense and say hes one of the best left handed defensemen the league, but call Orr overrated?
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
    PatrickKaneIsGOAT
    Quoting: Heyhowareya37
    If you want facts... Out of Orr's 624 career assists, 236 came on the PP (38%) Out of Orr's 264 career goals 74 came on the PP (28%) So no, most of his points did come on the PP. And i know that plus minus is the most disputed stat in hockey now, but you cant be +124 in one season as a defensemen without being at least competent in your end. Also, if you're an analytics person Orr led the league in DPS 4 times, his 9.3 DPS in the 1970-71 season is higher than any mark made by Chelios or Lidstrom. Chelios, Leetch, and Lidstrom were all fantastic players in their own right, but Orr pioneered what it meant to be an offensive defensemen. I find it odd, that you defend Torey Krug a player who I think has a tendency of sacrificing defense for offense and say hes one of the best left handed defensemen the league, but call Orr overrated?

You're probably the worst fan I've met... that's telling a lot when even (some) Leafs can understand better.

Like I said, if Orr was playing today, he wouldn’t even crack an ECHL roster. The only reason why his stats are the highest was because he played during an era where athletes were trash. Krug is much better than him.
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 10:50 a.m.
    Like I said, if Orr was playing today, he wouldn’t even crack an ECHL roster. The only reason why his stats are the highest was because he played during an era where athletes were trash. Krug is much better than him.

Yeah but it isn't kind of obvious that the game over time evolves. I mean every era has advantages and disadvantages. Athletes now have competitive youth travel teams, experienced coaching, training, better health habits, etc. So i think we can agree that the NHL now is at least 4-5 times faster and more skilled then the NHL in the 70's when Orr, Clarke, LaFleur, etc. played. So if theoretically the game 45 years from NOW is 4-5 times faster and more skilled, are you prepared to say that Kane or Crosby were bad players because they wouldn't be able to play in that future era? No, thats ridiculous. If you dominate your era, youre one of the greats
    bhavikp27 liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
    Yeah but it isn't kind of obvious that the game over time evolves. I mean every era has advantages and disadvantages. Athletes now have competitive youth travel teams, experienced coaching, training, better health habits, etc. So i think we can agree that the NHL now is at least 4-5 times faster and more skilled then the NHL in the 70's when Orr, Clarke, LaFleur, etc. played. So if theoretically the game 45 years from NOW is 4-5 times faster and more skilled, are you prepared to say that Kane or Crosby were bad players because they wouldn't be able to play in that future era? No, thats ridiculous. If you dominate your era, youre one of the greats

exactly but he doesn't understand that, too hard for him
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 11:53 a.m.
    PatrickKaneIsGOAT

exactly but he doesn't understand that, too hard for him

I never rated Crosby, he was just another overhyped Canadian marketing product. Kane is the greatest player ever, his skill level doesn’t get better than that & there will never be anyone like him again.
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
    Banned
    First off, I appologize, i understand why that was confusing, but read this and it will be clear:
    I am saying, by calling me a Homer and someone who doesnt think, you are just like bcarlo25 and this guy.
    Thats all. I never said you agreed with him.

I am saying that there is the side of people (me, mcgruff, and others) who do our research, are kind, and think before commenting // and there is the side of bcarlo25, this guy here, and others who are immediately rude, dont use logic in their arguements, and get mad when you prove them wrong with facts (as you can clearly see here).

You chose to side with bcarlo25 in the last discussion we had, I am showing you right now, with you as an outside perspective, what that looks like.

So my question is: do you still wish to side with bcarlo25 and the jerks and morons? or do you want to appologize and side with me, mcgruff, bhavikp27, csick, and the "good guys" who are nice, do their research, and admit when we are wrong about stuff (like how i was confusing above)

You are an idiot and a troll lol. Just like crosby, im on your mind as well tears of joy
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 4:24 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
    You are an idiot and a troll lol. Just like crosby, im on your mind as well tears of joy

What?
    Lol ok i guess you and OP can be moron friends. Funny that you think Orr is a bad defenseman

My god, I just proved twice that im not an idiot, and one of the smarter and more informed members of capfriendly.com
    Apr. 26, 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
    Banned
    What?
    Lol ok i guess you and OP can be moron friends. Funny that you think Orr is a bad defenseman

My god, I just proved twice that im not an idiot, and one of the smarter and more informed members of capfriendly.com

Show me where I think Orr is a bad defenseman? Or do you just have nothing else to say and you want to continue to troll and look stupid lol

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll