SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Gaudreau is moved and Calgary gets better prospects and Drouin gets a new start

May 26, 2020 at 2:23 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
It's basically CGY fans are saying "I would never trade Johnny" and MTL fans are saying "I would never pay for Johnny" Someone is wrong. I would defer to people who are fans of neither in these cases.
May 26, 2020 at 2:59 a.m.
Quoting: reelkena
It's basically CGY fans are saying "I would never trade Johnny" and MTL fans are saying "I would never pay for Johnny" Someone is wrong. I would defer to people who are fans of neither in these cases.

If you are going to trade Johnny, now is the worst time for Flames fans, but they want to trade him because of the uncertainty and try and bank off of the 99 point season he had. Meanwhile, other teams want to get him at a steal because they hope the 99 point season is really how good he is, but Flames fans want the package from a 99 point player while other teams want him at the 70 PT player.

In Short, Flames want a team to overpay for him while opposing teams want to get him at an all-time low price.
May 26, 2020 at 3:57 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: HabsForEver
If you are going to trade Johnny, now is the worst time for Flames fans, but they want to trade him because of the uncertainty and try and bank off of the 99 point season he had. Meanwhile, other teams want to get him at a steal because they hope the 99 point season is really how good he is, but Flames fans want the package from a 99 point player while other teams want him at the 70 PT player.

In Short, Flames want a team to overpay for him while opposing teams want to get him at an all-time low price.

You've just described every trade dilemma ever. Welcome to the NHL. Can I get you a seat somewhere? Maybe a drink?
May 26, 2020 at 4:28 a.m.
Quoting: reelkena
You've just described every trade dilemma ever. Welcome to the NHL. Can I get you a seat somewhere? Maybe a drink?

Yeah pretty much, Nobody is wrong, both teams want an easy win which is usually never the case. I'm pretty much repeating what you originally said except expanding it.
reelkena liked this.
May 26, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
Pretty sure MB gets mocked at by the other GMs league wide. That's my hunch about him anyways.
May 27, 2020 at 12:34 a.m.
Quoting: Dkall
Pretty sure MB gets mocked at by the other GMs league wide. That's my hunch about him anyways.

Not sure why you would figure that. He gets **** on even though he's doing a good job. Not his fault his team never bottomed out because he didn't let them. If he inherited a team with the beginning pieces in place (Buffalo/Edmonton/New Jersey) He would be the perfect GM to have there. He can find good depth pieces for next to nothing.
May 31, 2020 at 10:28 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
No chance. We’re not interested in Gaudreau. Sure he’s had some good offensive regular seasons, but he is completely useless with the physicality & pressure of the playoffs. I wouldn’t even trade Drouin for Gaudreau straight up. Drouin is untouchable, and you’re going to have to make it worth our while to move Poehling & Byron.

Drouin is NOT untouchable lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll