Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
15$81,500,000$35,250,000$0$7,860,000$46,250,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$710,000$710K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 8
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 21, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
Dr.
Quoting: SuckMyAvs
I don't think so. Batherson looks like he's going to be very good, and Thomson has a nice season as well. Add whoever you like at 20 or so (Lapierre maybe) and that is a solid offer.

Byram might be good, but I doubt he'll be Hughes, Makar, or Heiskanen. And with Makar, Girard, and Timmins (and Thomson in this scenario) he's redundant. I think the Avs end up on the better side of this one.

Not a chance, he's the best player in the trade, potential top 2. we already have our core group up front, why get players who will end up on 3rd line and a top 4 at best for our top 2 d man. He is going to be a different player than makar and hopefully the one who can play with him long term and be a top 2 for years to come.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: ArakinSkywalker
Not a chance, he's the best player in the trade, potential top 2. we already have our core group up front, why get players who will end up on 3rd line and a top 4 at best for our top 2 d man. He is going to be a different player than makar and hopefully the one who can play with him long term and be a top 2 for years to come.

Not a chance? Byram hasn't even stepped up the level of competition at all yet. It's not like watching Makar in his second year of college. We have no idea what Byram ultimately ends up as. There is obviously a chance.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 3:28 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Graves is as good as gone. He has way too much value to pass up on. Unless Colorado gives them a 1st or overpay him on his next contract.

I’m big on Graves but you also need to keep in mind pairing with Makar does make him look better. I wouldn’t say he’s worth giving up a first to protect though
Jul. 21, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Dr.
Not a chance? Byram hasn't even stepped up the level of competition at all yet. It's not like watching Makar in his second year of college. We have no idea what Byram ultimately ends up as. There is obviously a chance.

You don't know what you're getting from any of the other guys in the trade as well. That's why sakic has been drafting and developing our players, but why would we continue what has been giving us success right? The guy has potential to be a top 2, I'd rather take my chances with a top 2 potential d man over middle 6 players and a top4 guy. You don't get handed a top 2 defenseman very often it would make no sense to trade him for anything other than a top line player being a top 3 forward or a top 2 dman.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
To put it in a different context, it would be trading #4 OA for two firsts (one in a very deep and good draft) and one of the better prospects in the league who is also pretty much a sure thing in Batherson. The value is fair. Add that I think (a) Byram is a bit over hyped and not a sure thing, and (b) the Avs may not be able to utilize him properly means I'd probably take the deal.

Honestly I'd have to look deeper at the roster and projections to fully make that determination, but that's where I'm at. Newhook, Batherson, and a guy like Lapierre, Zary, or Perreault (plus maybe O'Rourke with the Avs pick) gives the team a great future up front to go along with Makar, Girard, and Timmins on the back end. I can see this extending the window by quite a bit and having a cumulative effect that is better than adding Byram.

You're definitely right to trust the scouting department over me. I'm just some dude on the internet. I can give my opinions though, and that's what they are.

To put in another context:
Batherson - same age as Jost can’t break the line up on OTT, but suppose to buy he is somehow all the sudden something special. Thomson whom the Avs passed on twice. A pick in the 20’s. A menagerie of 2nd hand choices. Again not worth doing.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 3:56 p.m.
Quoting: ArakinSkywalker
You don't know what you're getting from any of the other guys in the trade as well. That's why sakic has been drafting and developing our players, but why would we continue what has been giving us success right? The guy has potential to be a top 2, I'd rather take my chances with a top 2 potential d man over middle 6 players and a top4 guy. You don't get handed a top 2 defenseman very often it would make no sense to trade him for anything other than a top line player being a top 3 forward or a top 2 dman.

Yes, which is why it's valid that there will be differences of opinions here. I've been wrong on prospects (among other things) before and will be again. I'm sure everyone else who is being honest would say the same. It's all projection and there is no right answer until we have the benefit of hindsight.

I'm not as high on Byram as most. I think he'll be good, but I don't see him as the franchise cornerstone like Makar, Dahlin, Heiskanen, etc. If the Avs keep him, which I think they will, then I sure hope I'm wrong and you guys are right. I'm always thrilled to be wrong if it works out better.
ArakinSkywalker liked this.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15
To put in another context:
Batherson - same age as Jost can’t break the line up on OTT, but suppose to buy he is somehow all the sudden something special. Thomson whom the Avs passed on twice. A pick in the 20’s. A menagerie of 2nd hand choices. Again not worth doing.

Batherson has been in the AHL because (1) he's a late bloomer, and (2) it was better for his development than playing on the dumpster fire that the Sens have been over the past couple years. I like him a lot. He's good and will almost certainly be a good NHLer. You may have views that differ from mine and that's fine, but I'm also not alone on this. He's widely regarded as a top six forward at the NHL level.

The Avs never passed on Thomson and you know this. They drafted the best defenseman in the draft and weren't ever going to consider taking another in the first round. That doesn't mean Thomson is not a good prospect though. He stepped up in competition this year and played well. He looks to have a bright future (IMO).

This is not some quantity of crap return for Byram. It's three very good prospects when you look at how deep the draft is.
sens2020 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 4:26 p.m.
Batherson has been in the AHL because (1) he's a late bloomer, and (2) it was better for his development than playing on the dumpster fire that the Sens have been over the past couple years. I like him a lot. He's good and will almost certainly be a good NHLer. You may have views that differ from mine and that's fine, but I'm also not alone on this. He's widely regarded as a top six forward at the NHL level.

The Avs never passed on Thomson and you know this. They drafted the best defenseman in the draft and weren't ever going to consider taking another in the first round. That doesn't mean Thomson is not a good prospect though. He stepped up in competition this year and played well. He looks to have a bright future (IMO).

This is not some quantity of crap return for Byram. It's three very good prospects when you look at how deep the draft is.

Smoke and mirrors. I respect your opinion but I think you’re wrong. I think the this is a great deep draft, is extremely overrated, I think Batherson is a guy nothing special and most certainly not something you sell the 4th OA for, and Thomson was the 5th dman taken in the draft less than a year ago. IMO the trade is literally an abomination the equivalent of giving away something for free.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 5:05 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15
Smoke and mirrors. I respect your opinion but I think you’re wrong. I think the this is a great deep draft, is extremely overrated, I think Batherson is a guy nothing special and most certainly not something you sell the 4th OA for, and Thomson was the 5th dman taken in the draft less than a year ago. IMO the trade is literally an abomination the equivalent of giving away something for free.

Agree to disagree, and I respect your opinion as well. I can see the argument for not accepting the trade but do think you're downplaying the return a bit. Regardless, I think in the end Byram will be in Colorado for a long time. I hope he's every bit what we all hope.

What we can all agree on is that Byram, Girard, Bowers, etc. for Duchene is freaking ridiculous. Ottawa got lucky with San Jose's pick, so I don't feel too bad posting it on this thread where Sens fans can see it.
Xqb15 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Quoting: McRanteskog
I think Avs have come to terms with protecting Johnson (NMC), Makar and Girard understanding that they expose both Zadorov and Graves. Sucks losing one but it is what it is. I’m curious if the Avs would consider throwing Seattle a late draft pick to take a forward instead (Kamanev?)

Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Dang that sucks. You guys are gonna lose a great player.

Its ok, EJ is still decent and is the old vet on that team, he is their Leader
You still have Timmins Makar Byram Girard Johnson after the expansion draft no matter what happens. They are built to be able to lose a Graves Or Zadorov on the back end,
McRanteskog liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll