SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Trouble in Golden land

Created by: Remus
Published: Aug. 23, 2020 at 5:14 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 41/186 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $925,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: $442,500
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Athanasiou, AndreasEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,000,000111---55111526--
Koskinen, MikkoEdmonton OilersNHL-$4,500,000111-------2.750.917
2020 3rd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fleury, Marc-AndréVegas Golden KnightsNHL-$7,000,000111-------2.770.905
Elvenes, LucasWaivers ExemptVegas Golden KnightsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$482,5002449643411
Change$500,000-1000-10
Final$982,500 (↑)23 (↓)496433 (↓)11-11-150

Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsVegas Golden Knights

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $4,750,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: $850,000
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fleury, Marc-AndréVegas Golden KnightsNHL-$7,000,000111-------2.770.905
Elvenes, LucasWaivers ExemptVegas Golden KnightsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Athanasiou, AndreasEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,000,000111---55111526--
Koskinen, MikkoEdmonton OilersNHL-$4,500,000111-------2.750.917
2020 3rd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,900,0002347603611
Change-$500,000100010
Final$3,400,000 (↓)24 (↑)476037 (↑)11111526
Aug. 23, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
I just saw an article proclaiming M-A Fleury posted something odd on Instagram: Fleury with a sword sticking out of his back with “DeBoer” written on it, as if the Knights coach had stabbed him in the back by not playing him.
I just did this as a hypothetical, if the Knights era to take action. I know I always shoot down Fleury trades, because VGK fans will get supa mad, but this could happen. I’m not denying that
The main part of the trade is the goalie swap. Fleury is obviously better than Koskinen, but his contract is much worse. Athanasiou and the third aren’ huge assets, mainly there to balance out the salary cap and the value. I think Koskinen could help the G Knights if they resigned Lehner, as a 1B. Elevens is just to sweeten the pot, lure Holland a bit more.

This is probably a bit off, but I tried my best. Thoughts?
Rhea liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
StevieY19!!
Wasn't him it was his agent that made the post.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
Wasn't him it was his agent that made the post.

His agent is also the one who talks to the GM and negotiates contracts. His opinion almost matters more
Aug. 23, 2020 at 5:38 p.m.
StevieY19!!
Quoting: HabsFan9
His agent is also the one who talks to the GM and negotiates contracts. His opinion almost matters more

Ya I get that I was just saying Fleury didn't post it, but I think it'd be smart for Vegas to stay with Lehner and trade Fleury in the offseason and help their line-up even more. They don't need two goalies that skilled. That being said IDK if this is the assets they would want back. They need a 3C (no AA is not a C) watched him enough as a Red Wing he's a better winger. Also, if they traded away Fleury it'd be a clear sign they'd want to stick with Lehner so no need for Koskinen. A top 4 LD could help them as well I think. Bare this in mind I'm a Red Wings fan and haven't watched many Vegas games so this is just going off player knowledge and stats so my team needs for Vegas could be way off base!
Remus and GaikokuHito liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 5:45 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
I just saw an article proclaiming M-A Fleury posted something odd on Instagram: Fleury with a sword sticking out of his back with “DeBoer” written on it, as if the Knights coach had stabbed him in the back by not playing him.
I just did this as a hypothetical, if the Knights era to take action. I know I always shoot down Fleury trades, because VGK fans will get supa mad, but this could happen. I’m not denying that
The main part of the trade is the goalie swap. Fleury is obviously better than Koskinen, but his contract is much worse. Athanasiou and the third aren’ huge assets, mainly there to balance out the salary cap and the value. I think Koskinen could help the G Knights if they resigned Lehner, as a 1B. Elevens is just to sweeten the pot, lure Holland a bit more.

This is probably a bit off, but I tried my best. Thoughts?

I dig it
Remus liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:56 a.m.
Armchair Captain
Edited Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:03 a.m.
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
Ya I get that I was just saying Fleury didn't post it, but I think it'd be smart for Vegas to stay with Lehner and trade Fleury in the offseason and help their line-up even more. They don't need two goalies that skilled. That being said IDK if this is the assets they would want back. They need a 3C (no AA is not a C) watched him enough as a Red Wing he's a better winger. Also, if they traded away Fleury it'd be a clear sign they'd want to stick with Lehner so no need for Koskinen. A top 4 LD could help them as well I think. Bare this in mind I'm a Red Wings fan and haven't watched many Vegas games so this is just going off player knowledge and stats so my team needs for Vegas could be way off base!

I agree that Vega doesn't need or want that contract Koskinen brings in the trade.

Again, If I was GM of Vegas I don't want salary retained unless I am getting a player that files a role within my current team; So I would consider: Larsson, Adam; Klefbom, Oscar or Nurse, Darnell but would you trade anyone of these defense for Fleury? Fleury is done in another two to three years so would be short term fix to your goaltender issues in Edmonton.

If you convinced me to take a forward then I would only consider Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan and that isn't a good trade for my team as Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan would be third line center at $6M but with a single year left on contract makes the most sense for Oilers to move if they don't see him in their long term plans; which I think they do since Oilers actually lack a lot of forward depth when looking at their roster.

What I would really want in the trade if I was Vegas GM would be: Fleury for Rodrigue, Olivier or picks as high as you are willing to offer so 3rd or 4th as I am after the $7M in cap relief in this situation.

I was also trying to think of all the teams I can think of that need goaltender help next season: Oilers, Flames, Ottawa, Sabres, Blackhawks? and Canucks?. I could see both Ottawa & Sabres making strong pushes for Fleury.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:50 a.m.
Armchair Captain
I also expect the Oilers to take a run at Holtby during the off season as Washington looks set to move on from him handing the reins to Samsonov, Ilya with newly signed Fucale, Zachary; Copley, Pheonix and Vanecek, Vitek all looking set to fight for the back up role with Copley, Pheonix the front runner.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
StevieY19!!
Quoting: GaikokuHito
I agree that Vega doesn't need or want that contract Koskinen brings in the trade.

Again, If I was GM of Vegas I don't want salary retained unless I am getting a player that files a role within my current team; So I would consider: Larsson, Adam; Klefbom, Oscar or Nurse, Darnell but would you trade anyone of these defense for Fleury? Fleury is done in another two to three years so would be short term fix to your goaltender issues in Edmonton.

If you convinced me to take a forward then I would only consider Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan and that isn't a good trade for my team as Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan would be third line center at $6M but with a single year left on contract makes the most sense for Oilers to move if they don't see him in their long term plans; which I think they do since Oilers actually lack a lot of forward depth when looking at their roster.

What I would really want in the trade if I was Vegas GM would be: Fleury for Rodrigue, Olivier or picks as high as you are willing to offer so 3rd or 4th as I am after the $7M in cap relief in this situation.

I was also trying to think of all the teams I can think of that need goaltender help next season: Oilers, Flames, Ottawa, Sabres, Blackhawks? and Canucks?. I could see both Ottawa & Sabres making strong pushes for Fleury.

Naa Sens and Buffalo are both rebuilding lesser so for Buffalo but they won't want to trade for a veteran goalie.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll