Forums/Armchair-GM

the 3 way that works

Created by: JuniorGM
Team: 2016-17 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 27, 2016
Published: Sep. 27, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just trying something new. As a ducks fan starting to worry that a lindholm deal won't get done.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$5,500,000
7$6,000,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Stoner, Clayton
Additional Details:
rights to Lindholm
ANA
  1. Crouse, Lawson
  2. Duclair, Anthony
  3. Stafford, Drew ($1,350,000 retained)
  4. Stuart, Mark
  5. 2017 2nd round pick (WPG)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$64,974,167$0$4,407,500$8,025,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 3
$4,700,000$4,700,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,600,000$5,600,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW, LW
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$675,000$675K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,125,000$2,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$667,500$667,500 (Performance Bonus$232,500$232K)
G
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,425,000$1,425,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 2
$887,500$887,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,935,714$4,935,714
D
NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 27, 2016 at 10:30 a.m.
leafs1967again
FYI Pronger deal won't make sense as ARI takes the cap hit (which they want) but pay him barely anything. Ideal contract for them at this point.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 10:31 a.m.
Arizona is giving up a lot here. I personally don't think these make sense for all involved.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 10:33 a.m.
TrueNorth
I love the end result. The Phoenix trade is a real heavy price with them taking on the final year of Pavelec as well. Stone might be the sticking point there. I like the swap of Stoner for Stafford contracts. If you are going to eat a heavy contract, may as well be in a position of need. As for the Edmonton deal, I think the Jets are a better team without it. Defensive pairings of Lindholm-Byfuglien, Myers-Enstrom, Morrissey-Stone and Chairot/Stoner-Postma sounds solid. The expansion draft would cost the Jets Stone unless they moved him for an asset that doesn't require protection.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:03 a.m.
Edited Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:09 a.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Arizona is giving up a lot here. I personally don't think these make sense for all involved.

How so? Stone is an UFA after this season so his value isn't great (Yotes will need to move money on their right d side to sign Trouba). Crouse isn't the high end prospect everyone things. Most likely a bottom 6 player when he gets to the NHL. (his size entices teams)
Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:04 a.m.
Quoting: TrueNorth
I love the end result. The Phoenix trade is a real heavy price with them taking on the final year of Pavelec as well. Stone might be the sticking point there. I like the swap of Stoner for Stafford contracts. If you are going to eat a heavy contract, may as well be in a position of need. As for the Edmonton deal, I think the Jets are a better team without it. Defensive pairings of Lindholm-Byfuglien, Myers-Enstrom, Morrissey-Stone and Chairot/Stoner-Postma sounds solid. The expansion draft would cost the Jets Stone unless they moved him for an asset that doesn't require protection.

Stone is a UFA after this year.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:18 a.m.
TrueNorth
Quoting: JuniorGM
Quoting: TrueNorth

Stone is a UFA after this year.

Then expansion isn't that big of a deal. Scheifele, Wheeler, Little, Perreault, Byfuglien, Lindholm, Myers, Enstrom and Hellebuyck. With Ehlers, Laine, Connor, Morrissey, and Comrie exempt, that leaves Dano, Armia and Lowry exposed. Take your pick and good luck.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:25 a.m.
leafs1967again

How so? Stone is an UFA after this season so his value isn't great (Yotes will need to move money on their right d side to sign Trouba). Crouse isn't the high end prospect everyone things. Most likely a bottom 6 player when he gets to the NHL. (his size entices teams)

Duclair was traded for Yandle before he even carved out a role in the NHL. He put up 40 pts in his rookie year. Safe to say his value is comparable to Trouba's with ARI adding a small piece. Crouse and Stoner > Pavalec + difference between Duclair and Trouba. Like I said, Pronger means nothing to ARI they want to keep him. Deal is pretty skewed when you break it down.

Stone is a top 4 D man. Not sure where you are getting your negative info on him.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:27 a.m.
Chicago
Stone is very underrated. He produced more points than Trouba. Arizona won't give that much up.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:48 a.m.
Quoting: leafs1967again

Duclair was traded for Yandle before he even carved out a role in the NHL. He put up 40 pts in his rookie year. Safe to say his value is comparable to Trouba's with ARI adding a small piece. Crouse and Stoner > Pavalec + difference between Duclair and Trouba. Like I said, Pronger means nothing to ARI they want to keep him. Deal is pretty skewed when you break it down.

Stone is a top 4 D man. Not sure where you are getting your negative info on him.

Yotes are an analytic team. Trouba is actually very close to elite using advance stats. Yotes will know this. So you are getting a top pair dmen in trouba (thats how the yotes will view him) The deal is fair.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:49 a.m.
Arizona will view and evaluate players much differently than most teams. Look at these players shot impact and usage because Arizona sure will.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 1:06 p.m.
leafs1967again

Yotes are an analytic team. Trouba is actually very close to elite using advance stats. Yotes will know this. So you are getting a top pair dmen in trouba (thats how the yotes will view him) The deal is fair.

What is the point in trying to leverage knowledge if it is going to cause you to overpay. They shouldn't go and way overpay just because they know something. Terrible asset management IMO.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 1:45 p.m.

What is the point in trying to leverage knowledge if it is going to cause you to overpay. They shouldn't go and way overpay just because they know something. Terrible asset management IMO.

They will view trouba as elite and pay accordingly. More than one team will be in on trouba.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 2:13 p.m.
leafs1967again

They will view trouba as elite and pay accordingly. More than one team will be in on trouba.

He is elite and I agree. I just think you keep forgetting about Pronger. You want him in the deal for a cap dump when ARI has no interest in that. Take him out and the "value" from ARI goes wayyyy up.
Sep. 27, 2016 at 2:33 p.m.

He is elite and I agree. I just think you keep forgetting about Pronger. You want him in the deal for a cap dump when ARI has no interest in that. Take him out and the "value" from ARI goes wayyyy up.

He has to be in the deal to keep Yotes under the cap. He comes over the books this year anyways. So really he is just moving around fake money to make the cap work. They don't need him to hit the cap floor anymore. There has been multipy rumors that Yotes are looking for a vet goalie on a 1 year deal. Keep Pronger and pav out if you need to.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll