SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Habs Get Another GoodGreat PlayerProspect

Created by: BarDownShooter
Published: Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:30 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 124/125 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$0111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
2021 3rd round pick (Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksCHI)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$11,256,1821534483411
Change$0-1-1-1020
Final$11,256,18214 (↓)33 (↓)47 (↓)36 (↑)11000

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
2021 3rd round pick (Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksCHI)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$0111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,202,0241939543918
Change$01110-20
Final$10,202,02420 (↑)40 (↑)55 (↑)37 (↓)18000
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
In my opinion, Puljujarvi gets packaged as a throw in with other players that the oilers want to move for cap room or change. I don’t see Jesse being moved for draft picks only as there’s no pressure to move him.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
Ouch
Quoting: Leemer
In my opinion, Puljujarvi gets packaged as a throw in with other players that the oilers want to move for cap room or change. I don’t see Jesse being moved for draft picks only as there’s no pressure to move him.

Holland wants a first and a prospect for him. I don't think he gets moved as a throw in for clearing cap.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: JmoneyTalk
Holland wants a first and a prospect for him. I don't think he gets moved as a throw in for clearing cap.

Then I want something of what Holland is smoking- Puljujarvi has not even proven he can play in the NHL let alone be even worthy of being a first round pick yet Holland wants a 2 for 1 exchange - another replacement first rounder for a do over mulligan and an up an comer - that’s a ridiculous ask
Oilers have $11m of cap and have to sign a backup Goalie $1m, Ethan Bear and Matt Jones which will be $1.5m-$2m each for those two and Athanasiou likely $2m which leaves $4-5m. They’re not getting any marquee free agent with that money. Their best bet IMO is to trade Jesse plus their first rounder for a top flight scorer/playmaker to balance their 2nd line or to upgrade their defense by packaging Jesse with Larson for a top pairing dman if they don’t think Bouchard is ready to step up.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
yeet
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
Ouch
Quoting: Leemer
Then I want something of what Holland is smoking- Puljujarvi has not even proven he can play in the NHL let alone be even worthy of being a first round pick yet Holland wants a 2 for 1 exchange - another replacement first rounder for a do over mulligan and an up an comer - that’s a ridiculous ask
Oilers have $11m of cap and have to sign a backup Goalie $1m, Ethan Bear and Matt Jones which will be $1.5m-$2m each for those two and Athanasiou likely $2m which leaves $4-5m. They’re not getting any marquee free agent with that money. Their best bet IMO is to trade Jesse plus their first rounder for a top flight scorer/playmaker to balance their 2nd line or to upgrade their defense by packaging Jesse with Larson for a top pairing dman if they don’t think Bouchard is ready to step up.

Thats just what the rumour is. He's holding out for the best he can get. Apparently he's more likely to sign with the Oilers now, his agency merged with McDavids. I think the Oilers would still like to see what he can do under new coaching and a year of building his confidence. Bear will get just over a mil, he has no arbitration rights. Jones is already signed for two more seasons for under a mil. AA QO offer is 3 mil and he has arbitration rights so he's asking for more. He will probably get walked unless he agrees to sign as a UFA under that. Holland already said he won't be making any drastic changes, he's more likely going to wait another season so more money comes off the roster, ie Russel. There will be UFA goalies available for cheaper then normal this offseason because if the flat cap. Matt Benning is who I think you meant will probably be a 2 mil contract, he might get traded to make room for Bouchard/Jones and then Broberg looks promising for next season and with Russel gone there will be room. I see Larsson getting traded next season before I'd contract is up unless the Oilers are hurting D depth wise going in to the playoffs and they have a good shot at a deep run. They have 3 high second picks Benson/McCloud/lavioe pushing for spots all top 9 potential maybe even top 6. Holland doesn't need to make risking trades right now with this team. They could use a proven top 6 LW and a 3C center but I think he will wait and see what shakes lose whether it's a late UFA signing when the market cools down and someone signs for cheap because they want to play and they don't get what they want because of the flat cap or someone is willing to make a trade for good value because they got who they wanted in free agency.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll