SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

OEL to EDM plus bigger cap dump

Created by: PLDGEY
Published: Sep. 30, 2020 at 1:38 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 124/125 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ekman-Larsson, OliverArizona CoyotesNHL-$8,184,000111---0000--
Stepan, DerekArizona CoyotesNHL-$6,448,000111---0000--
Hinostroza, VinnieArizona CoyotesNHL-$0111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Anisimov, ArtemOttawa SenatorsNHL-$4,513,600111---0000--
Larsson, AdamEdmonton OilersNHL-$4,133,332111---0000--
Chlapik, FilipOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0011---0000--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---100------
2021 4th round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,116,0981736552513
Change$5,985,068-100101
Final$7,101,166 (↑)16 (↓)36553 (↑)514 (↑)000

Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Neal, JamesEdmonton OilersNHL-$5,704,000111---0000--
Larsson, AdamEdmonton OilersNHL-$4,133,332111---0000--
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$0111---0000--
Lavoie, RaphaelWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---0000--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ekman-Larsson, OliverArizona CoyotesNHL-$8,184,000111---0000--
2021 2nd round pick (Logo of the San Jose SharksSJS)---010------
Initial$11,256,1821534483411
Change$1,653,332-2-3-3-110
Final$12,909,514 (↑)13 (↓)31 (↓)45 (↓)2 (↓)5 (↑)11000

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

Anisimov, ArtemOttawa SenatorsNHL-$4,513,600111---0000--
Chlapik, FilipOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0011---0000--
2021 2nd round pick (Logo of the San Jose SharksSJS)---010------
2021 4th round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---001------
Stepan, DerekArizona CoyotesNHL-$6,448,000111---0000--
Neal, JamesEdmonton OilersNHL-$5,704,000111---0000--
Hinostroza, VinnieArizona CoyotesNHL-$0111---0000--
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$0111---0000--
Lavoie, RaphaelWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---0000--
Initial$43,262,5009274451212
Change-$7,638,4003330-1-1
Final$35,624,100 (↓)12 (↑)30 (↑)47 (↑)511 (↓)11 (↓)000
Sep. 30, 2020 at 2:07 p.m.
Leblock_james
i Like it, i think it works for all sides dont know how willing edmonton is to give up lavioe tho
Sep. 30, 2020 at 2:28 p.m.
Quoting: Leblock_james98
i Like it, i think it works for all sides dont know how willing edmonton is to give up lavioe tho

EDM gets off pretty light here.

1st + Larsson for OEL

2nd for Poolparty

Lavoie, the price to dump Neal is better than market value
Leblock_james98 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
Kovid Klaw
this deal is straight up horrible for the oilers, OEL isn't the same
Oct. 1, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Serf
Looking at Ottawa's part in all this;

Anisimov for Stepan is a push. Ottawa takes on $500K more salary, for effectively $2MM more cap. Stepan is right shot, which is preferred for Ottawa.

Neal + Lavoie for nothing is questionable but not horrible. Neal is signed for 3 more years @ $5.75MM, and that's a lot.

Puljujarvi is the big question mark, but at least you're not asking for a 1st. The total trade value overall seems fine, but the main concern is four bodies coming in, and one body going out, at the NHL level. Chlapik could make the team, but he's going to have to fight for a spot. I personally have Anisimov as the 13th forward, and Chlapik first injury replacement from the AHL.

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle White C.Brown
Duclair Tierney Balcers

These first nine guys are pretty much locks, but you can swap Byfield in for Stutzle if need be

Paul L.Brown Hawryluk
Formenton Abramov

These guys are battling for the last spots

If Anisimov and Chlapik get traded for the following, it gets more crowded. Puljujarvi could bump Hawryluk, but Neal and Stepan would be hard pressed to replace Paul, who is a centre playing LW.

Puljujarvi
Neal
Stepan
Hinostroza
Oct. 1, 2020 at 10:09 p.m.
Quoting: sensibleguy
Looking at Ottawa's part in all this;

Anisimov for Stepan is a push. Ottawa takes on $500K more salary, for effectively $2MM more cap. Stepan is right shot, which is preferred for Ottawa.

Neal + Lavoie for nothing is questionable but not horrible. Neal is signed for 3 more years @ $5.75MM, and that's a lot.

Puljujarvi is the big question mark, but at least you're not asking for a 1st. The total trade value overall seems fine, but the main concern is four bodies coming in, and one body going out, at the NHL level. Chlapik could make the team, but he's going to have to fight for a spot. I personally have Anisimov as the 13th forward, and Chlapik first injury replacement from the AHL.

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle White C.Brown
Duclair Tierney Balcers

These first nine guys are pretty much locks, but you can swap Byfield in for Stutzle if need be

Paul L.Brown Hawryluk
Formenton Abramov

These guys are battling for the last spots

If Anisimov and Chlapik get traded for the following, it gets more crowded. Puljujarvi could bump Hawryluk, but Neal and Stepan would be hard pressed to replace Paul, who is a centre playing LW.

Puljujarvi
Neal
Stepan
Hinostroza

I dont expect Stutzle to make the NHL right away. Hes functional in the DEL but hed get eaten alive at 18 in the NHL.
I also dont expect to see much of Formenton.

Tierney, Abramov and Hawryluk would be traded.

Tkachuk Stepan Batherson
Puljujarvi White C.Brown
Duclair Norris Neal
Paul L.Brown Balcers

Hinostroza
Oct. 2, 2020 at 8:42 a.m.
Serf
Quoting: PLDGEY
I dont expect Stutzle to make the NHL right away. Hes functional in the DEL but hed get eaten alive at 18 in the NHL.
I also dont expect to see much of Formenton.

Tierney, Abramov and Hawryluk would be traded.

Tkachuk Stepan Batherson
Puljujarvi White C.Brown
Duclair Norris Neal
Paul L.Brown Balcers

Hinostroza

Tierney isn't going anywhere, at least until the trade deadline, unless he's included in a package for a better centre like RNH, or a better centre with at least a couple seasons experience like Cirelli. It's unlikely to happen, but that's the only way I see Tierney leaving. Ottawa doesn't have enough veteran centre options, and Tierney has played well for his salary, but upgrades are always welcome. Using Capfriendly QO calculator;
Tierney, Chris C Ottawa SenatorsOTT $2,975,000
That's cheap for a 2B centre.

Abramov and Formenton both need another year in the AHL, and should be AHL bound, and are only listed as forwards 13 & 14 because Anisimov and Chlapik are traded, in this scenario. Abramov might get traded, but it's more likely he's in Belleville.

Hawryluk is still an unknown, but he played well, and is a cheap QO. Ottawa has until 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 7 to submit a qualifying offer. Using the Capfriendly QO calculator;
Hawryluk, Jayce LW, C Ottawa SenatorsOTT $874,125
A cheap gamble for a former 32nd overall (2014) that scored 7 points in 11 games, a 0.64 point per game rate. That warrants another year at his QO. Also, with Ottawa needing right shot wingers, Hawryluk is more likely to stay than be traded. I'm not saying he's going to continue to score at that rate, just that he's shown enough to get another chance to show what he can do.

The biggest head scratcher is why you would put Stepan as the number one centre. This isn't the NYR Stepan. He's 3 years removed from those days, and declining. Stepan has 63 points the last two seasons, in 142 games, a 0.44 PPG, very solid, and average, 3C numbers, and in decline. He might have a bounceback season or two in him, but he's 30 now. That isn't the end of the road, but it's not going to help him get back to where he was.

Tierney 85 points in 152 games, 0.56 ppg
White 64 points in 132, 0.48, and is now past his sophomore slump season.

Even Anisimov, with 57 points in 127, 0.45 ppg, would have difficulties getting a spot on the bench.

White will get the most difficult matchups, Tierney the second most difficult, but Norris will be the most productive centre. Norris/White/Tierney will be the three highest toi centres.

The only point I can't refute is that Stutzle/Byfield will dress immediately. I will say though, either would get there 9 games.
Oct. 2, 2020 at 8:48 a.m.
Quoting: sensibleguy
Tierney isn't going anywhere, at least until the trade deadline, unless he's included in a package for a better centre like RNH, or a better centre with at least a couple seasons experience like Cirelli. It's unlikely to happen, but that's the only way I see Tierney leaving. Ottawa doesn't have enough veteran centre options, and Tierney has played well for his salary, but upgrades are always welcome. Using Capfriendly QO calculator;
Tierney, Chris C Ottawa SenatorsOTT $2,975,000
That's cheap for a 2B centre.

Abramov and Formenton both need another year in the AHL, and should be AHL bound, and are only listed as forwards 13 & 14 because Anisimov and Chlapik are traded, in this scenario. Abramov might get traded, but it's more likely he's in Belleville.

Hawryluk is still an unknown, but he played well, and is a cheap QO. Ottawa has until 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 7 to submit a qualifying offer. Using the Capfriendly QO calculator;
Hawryluk, Jayce LW, C Ottawa SenatorsOTT $874,125
A cheap gamble for a former 32nd overall (2014) that scored 7 points in 11 games, a 0.64 point per game rate. That warrants another year at his QO. Also, with Ottawa needing right shot wingers, Hawryluk is more likely to stay than be traded. I'm not saying he's going to continue to score at that rate, just that he's shown enough to get another chance to show what he can do.

The biggest head scratcher is why you would put Stepan as the number one centre. This isn't the NYR Stepan. He's 3 years removed from those days, and declining. Stepan has 63 points the last two seasons, in 142 games, a 0.44 PPG, very solid, and average, 3C numbers, and in decline. He might have a bounceback season or two in him, but he's 30 now. That isn't the end of the road, but it's not going to help him get back to where he was.

Tierney 85 points in 152 games, 0.56 ppg
White 64 points in 132, 0.48, and is now past his sophomore slump season.

Even Anisimov, with 57 points in 127, 0.45 ppg, would have difficulties getting a spot on the bench.

White will get the most difficult matchups, Tierney the second most difficult, but Norris will be the most productive centre. Norris/White/Tierney will be the three highest toi centres.

The only point I can't refute is that Stutzle/Byfield will dress immediately. I will say though, either would get there 9 games.

I agree both would get 9 games.

I think Tierney is very moveable. I dont think hes a part of the rebuild long term.

Id let Stepan play L1 minutes. 3 years removed from prime Stepan, but I think hes better than what we saw in ARI. ARI is where offense goes to die. Stepan plays most of the year in OTT knowing that we are showcasing him for a deadline trade, and then we get whatever we can for him

Im okay with selling high on Hawryluk. His play has merited a QO from OTT obviously, but if we can move him im very okay with it.

"Only point I cant refute" lol, you havent refuted anything, youve stated your opinion on who OTT should trade.
Oct. 2, 2020 at 10:14 a.m.
Serf
Quoting: PLDGEY
I agree both would get 9 games.

I think Tierney is very moveable. I dont think hes a part of the rebuild long term.

Id let Stepan play L1 minutes. 3 years removed from prime Stepan, but I think hes better than what we saw in ARI. ARI is where offense goes to die. Stepan plays most of the year in OTT knowing that we are showcasing him for a deadline trade, and then we get whatever we can for him

Im okay with selling high on Hawryluk. His play has merited a QO from OTT obviously, but if we can move him im very okay with it.

"Only point I cant refute" lol, you havent refuted anything, youve stated your opinion on who OTT should trade.

That's fair, refute might not be the best word to have used.

We really only disagree on Stepan though, everything else is pretty much semantics. With Tierney, it's just about when he's traded, I say probably not before the trade deadline, unless previous mentioned scenarios. Hawryluk, good enough to QO, probably not traded because right shot wingers needed, I'll add...but okay if they do. But Stepan...

Kessel had his streak of 11 years of 20 or more goals ended, playing with Stepan.

Happy Birthday Phil Kessel

Kessel is 33 now, was 32 last season, of course, lol, but his skill set will delay decline. Don't get me wrong, he will decline, just much slower than others. Kessel is fast, is still fast, and his release is still fast, and his desire is still there, but he's going to speak out if he doesn't think his linemates are doing what they need to do, and that could cause friction. I really enjoyed watching Kessel and Malkin argue on the bench between shifts, but they want to succeed so bad they actually played better when they quibbled.

BTW, Hall continued his scoring pace after his move to Arizona, playing with Dvorak.

It will be interesting to see how Stepan does this season, see how well we predict him. Your prediction was based on him in Ottawa, so it's more my prediction, but we'll see if he has some bounceback.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll