Just because

Created by: wabit
Team: 2020-21 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 3, 2020
Published: Oct. 3, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I wanted to see if this would work.

Yes, I signed Lundqvist just so Zucc has his buddy to hang out with in the pressbox.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$800,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
2$2,500,000
2$2,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,750,000
7$8,888,888
1$1,500,000
Trades
MIN
    more stuff
    CGY
    1. Dumba, Matt
    Additional Details:
    I don't like this trade at all, but the salary works out for what I wanted.
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$77,454,979$0$925,000$4,045,021
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Minnesota Wild
    $7,538,462$7,538,462
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $6,375,000$6,375,000
    C, LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,487,500$1,487,500
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $2,875,000$2,875,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,050,000$2,050,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,900,000$1,900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,166,667$4,166,667
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $8,888,888$8,888,888
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $7,538,462$7,538,462
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $7,575,000$7,575,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $785,000$785,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $800,000$800,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
    In Pridham we trust
    Just curious, why wouldn't you like that Dumba trade?
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 8:56 a.m.
    Quoting: Barilko14
    Just curious, why wouldn't you like that Dumba trade?

I'm not a fan of Monahan is all.
    Barilko14 liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 9:31 a.m.
    Okay, every year we hear the same thing about several teams. Teams A, B, C, X, Y and Z are looking for a top 6 center.

Why would the Flames intentionally put themselves into that situation by moving a low-end #1C in his prime and signed to a great contract? After Monahan the Flames next best center is either 1) Backlund, or 2) Lindholm, who has never been an everyday center in the NHL and is self-admittedly better on RW. Why would they do this? Please, I would love to know why you think Treliving is that stupid. (Not you in particular OP, but a generalized you, as I see so many people trying to shop or acquire Monahan and it never makes sense for Calgary)

The only way Monahan is moved is in a package for a higher-end #1C. You do not fill one hole by creating a bigger one that is even more difficult to fill.

No disrespect to Dumba, because I would love him on the Flames and he is my #1 choice for an off-season top-pair RHD acquisition, but such a deal makes absolutely no sense for the Flames because they simply cannot afford to deplete their center-ice position.

Edits: I made several because pain meds make me type bad lol
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 9:46 a.m.
    The Wild are reportedly out on Monahan even though the Flames are interested in Dumba. I think that trade is dead
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 9:54 a.m.
    Quoting: MethodMan
    Okay, every year we hear the same thing about several teams. Teams A, B, C, X, Y and Z are looking for a top 6 center.

Why would the Flames intentionally put themselves into that situation by moving a low-end #1C in his prime and signed to a great contract? After Monahan the Flames next best center is either 1) Backlund, or 2) Lindholm, who has never been an everyday center in the NHL and is self-admittedly better on RW. Why would they do this? Please, I would love to know why you think Treliving is that stupid. (Not you in particular OP, but a generalized you, as I see so many people trying to shop or acquire Monahan and it never makes sense for Calgary)

The only way Monahan is moved is in a package for a higher-end #1C. You do not fill one hole by creating a bigger one that is even more difficult to fill.

No disrespect to Dumba, because I would love him on the Flames and he is my #1 choice for an off-season top-pair RHD acquisition, but such a deal makes absolutely no sense for the Flames because they simply cannot afford to deplete their center-ice position.

Reading between the lines of reputable source's rumors, as shocking as it sounds it seems like the Flames actually are willing to move Monahan for Dumba but the Wild aren't interested. I agree though moving your 1C and not getting another in return is not a good idea...
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 10:01 a.m.
    Quoting: TanSor
    Reading between the lines of reputable source's rumors, as shocking as it sounds it seems like the Flames actually are willing to move Monahan for Dumba but the Wild aren't interested. I agree though moving your 1C and not getting another in return is not a good idea...

That reputable source, Russo, said the Wild wouldn't IF IT WAS OFFERED, meaning it was never offered. He was pretty clearly doing nothing more than commenting on what so many people have been talking about. And quite frankly, if Guerin wouldn't be willing to make such a deal if offered, he should be fired on the spot. A chance to fill the biggest void on the team while dealing from a strength is a no-brainer.

And every reputable source that covers the Flames locally and nationally has stated Monahan is not being shopped, but that the Flames would listen if it made their team better.
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 10:04 a.m.
    The Wild are reportedly out on Monahan even though the Flames are interested in Dumba. I think that trade is dead

It isn't dead, it never existed anywhere other than fans and media speculating that the trade could work.

All Flames reports are Monahan is not being shopped, but Flames will listen if it makes them better.
    Reports from Minnesota are Wild wouldn't if offered.

That adds up to nothing ever existing.
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 10:10 a.m.
    That reputable source, Russo, said the Wild wouldn't IF IT WAS OFFERED, meaning it was never offered. He was pretty clearly doing nothing more than commenting on what so many people have been talking about. And quite frankly, if Guerin wouldn't be willing to make such a deal if offered, he should be fired on the spot. A chance to fill the biggest void on the team while dealing from a strength is a no-brainer.

And every reputable source that covers the Flames locally and nationally has stated Monahan is not being shopped, but that the Flames would listen if it made their team better.

Here's the exact quote "Calgary has shown interest, but I don’t get the impression that the Wild are really interested even if the Flames were willing to trade Sean Monahan."

You can interpret that two ways. First way is that Russo has confirmed the Flames have not offered Monahan but even if they eventually decided to then Guerin is not interested. Second interpretation is that even if the Flames have offered him, the Wild aren't interested and Russo just can't confirm or deny that they have offered him. The writing is a bit ambiguous. At the time of writing my initial comment I had thought it was more cut and dry so I was wrong. cheers

I still think the idea is dead. Wild aren't interested and the Flames shouldn't be moving their 1C.
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 10:25 a.m.
    Here's the exact quote "Calgary has shown interest, but I don’t get the impression that the Wild are really interested even if the Flames were willing to trade Sean Monahan."

You can interpret that two ways. First way is that Russo has confirmed the Flames have not offered Monahan but even if they eventually decided to then Guerin is not interested. Second interpretation is that even if the Flames have offered him, the Wild aren't interested and Russo just can't confirm or deny that they have offered him. The writing is a bit ambiguous. At the time of writing my initial comment I had thought it was more cut and dry so I was wrong. cheers

I still think the idea is dead. Wild aren't interested and the Flames shouldn't be moving their 1C.

Yes, I know the quote, I have this weird uncanny ability to read and understand the words. Weird, right? Now maybe you should read that quote a little more closely and take in exactly what it says.

"Calgary has shown interest": no shock, Dumba is an amazing player and Treliving would be stupid not to inquire.
    "But I don't get the impression...": so no one has actually told him anything, he's trying to read between the lines
    "...that the Wild are really interested": this reads as the Wild aren't interested in either 1) What was offered, or 2) Trading Dumba to Calgary at all
    "Even if the Flames were willing to trade Monahan": This is saying Monahan was never on the table and infers that in the above #2 is more likely.

Stop trying to read the lines and postulate things that aren't there because if you pay attention most of the time, it's pretty clear what is being said.
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
    Yes, I know the quote, I have this weird uncanny ability to read and understand the words. Weird, right? Now maybe you should read that quote a little more closely and take in exactly what it says.

"Calgary has shown interest": no shock, Dumba is an amazing player and Treliving would be stupid not to inquire.
    "But I don't get the impression...": so no one has actually told him anything, he's trying to read between the lines
    "...that the Wild are really interested": this reads as the Wild aren't interested in either 1) What was offered, or 2) Trading Dumba to Calgary at all
    "Even if the Flames were willing to trade Monahan": This is saying Monahan was never on the table and infers that in the above #2 is more likely.

Stop trying to read the lines and postulate things that aren't there because if you pay attention most of the time, it's pretty clear what is being said.

I said I was wrong, no need to beat me while I'm dead...
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
    I said I was wrong, no need to beat me while I'm dead...

sorry man, lol. All the blatant stupidity surrounding Monahan makes my blood boil. Like before I replied I read a BJs fans trying to get him for Korpi and a 4th liner
    For what it matters you seem like one good ones.... Wild fans that is squinting with tongue out
    Oct. 3, 2020 at 4:15 p.m.

I agree with you. I don't think the Dumba/Monahan is a good trade because it doesn't make sense for CGY. I just used it for a lateral cap move d-man for center and this is the FotW trade so it got used. It was quicker than trying to make a Cirelli OS and then move Dumba somewhere for little to no cap coming back.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll