Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
PIT
  1. 2021 7th round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Sceviour, Colton
  2. 2021 5th round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
Any team. Sceviour is a salary cap dump and is a UFA at years end. Has expiring contract. Team gets an upgrade draft pick for taking on 1 year of his salary.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$79,670,000$0$1,062,500$1,830,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,940,000$2,940,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
Why would Tampa trade their captain for a cap dump that makes no sense LOL
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
I heff to be mad...
Uhhhhh, Tampa declines
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Rangers accept
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: Alfie11
Why would Tampa trade their captain for a cap dump that makes no sense LOL

Cause he didn’t play during the play-offs and SC finals. They have 2 young RFA they need to sign. He’s getting older. His window is closing. I thought he was thought to be a piece TB was thinking of getting rid of. I saw a bunch of articles on BR about TB trading Stamkos. Could be wrong though. It’s just a thought. Very unlikely anything happens in my option b4 the expansion draft and B4 next years draft.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:52 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Uhhhhh, Tampa declines

Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Uhhhhh, Tampa declines

I would imagine. Like most deals on here. But good luck to TB signing their 2 young RFA and getting anyone to take T.Johnson or Killorn without giving up any major assets( like 1st-2nd round picks). This way they get enough salary cap room to sign their 2 Young RFA. They get a top 75 prospect in the NHL, a 2nd round pick, and a young D-man, w/ offense upside, as LHD depth. And keep the same team that won the SC finals.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyTownUSA69
Cause he didn’t play during the play-offs and SC finals. They have 2 young RFA they need to sign. He’s getting older. His window is closing. I thought he was thought to be a piece TB was thinking of getting rid of. I saw a bunch of articles on BR about TB trading Stamkos. Could be wrong though. It’s just a thought. Very unlikely anything happens in my option b4 the expansion draft and B4 next years draft.

If they trade him it will be for 3-5 elite or very good young pieces on ELCs (think 3-5 guys like Poulin). They won't be taking back nearly 5mil in cap for a guy who's a liability on the ice. They're far more likely to give guys like Palat away in deals like the Johnsson/Anderson swap than they are to lose their captain (still an elite sniper) for only 3.5mil cap savings and acquiring a guy who actively makes the team worse.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
Go leafs go
About a -1000000% chance the lightning accept.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: Saskleaf
About a -1000000% chance the lightning accept.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

There u go. They get the 74th ranked prospect in NHL, a 2nd round pick, enough salary cap space to sign their 2 young RFA, get a young LHD with scoring potential to give them depth on Defense, get to keep the same team that won the SC, get rid of a player who’s window is closing. Don’t have to give up any assets to get rid of T.Johnson or Killorn.

Like most trades on here. I’d assume 10000000% it’s not gonna happen. But if I was TB GM, I’d be thinking about moving Stamkos. And getting a top 75 prospect, a 2nd round pick, a young d-man with some potential, and 4.5M in salary cap relief isn’t a bad return.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:04 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
If they trade him it will be for 3-5 elite or very good young pieces on ELCs (think 3-5 guys like Poulin). They won't be taking back nearly 5mil in cap for a guy who's a liability on the ice. They're far more likely to give guys like Palat away in deals like the Johnsson/Anderson swap than they are to lose their captain (still an elite sniper) for only 3.5mil cap savings and acquiring a guy who actively makes the team worse.

No, stamkos doesn’t bring back 3 young, NHL level players/prospects. A top prospect, a 1or 2nd round pick and a young NHL player. And 5..lol..hahaha. 5 young NHL type players/prospects?? What u mean like the Gretzky deal?? LA didn’t even give up Luc Robitalle, their best young prospect, and calder-cup winner. U mean 5 young NHL players/prospects after Stamkos’s MVP year? Ya, that’s his value then.

They tried giving away Johnson/Killron. They are gonna have to give up major assets for someone to take them. Like a 1st-2nd pick for teams to take on their salary. And they still might have to retain something too.

No way Stamkos brings that back in return. Especially at his age(31 this season) in the position they are in, and coming off and injury.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:12 p.m.
Go leafs go
https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

There u go. They get the 74th ranked prospect in NHL, a 2nd round pick, enough salary cap space to sign their 2 young RFA, get a young LHD with scoring potential to give them depth on Defense, get to keep the same team that won the SC, get rid of a player who’s window is closing. Don’t have to give up any assets to get rid of T.Johnson or Killorn.

Like most trades on here. I’d assume 10000000% it’s not gonna happen. But if I was TB GM, I’d be thinking about moving Stamkos. And getting a top 75 prospect, a 2nd round pick, a young d-man with some potential, and 4.5M in salary cap relief isn’t a bad return.

I would agrue, that due to his contract, Matheson has 0 value. To the lightning, he has negative value because they are in cap hell (probably cancels out the 2nd) . So you are trading the 74th ranked prospect in the league for an elite forward. Stamkos has scored 60 goals, and he's contantly been an unbelievable player. He's TB's captain, and while they should consider moving him due to his cap hit, They want value. You realize Jeremy Bracco was ahead of Poulin. He's a good prospect, but you'd need about 3 Poulins if you want Stamkos. They don't want to give him away. I meant no offence. Good try on this post. But no way the lightning say yes. This is coming from a non lightning fan (I am a leafs fan, don't judge).
HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:18 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
I would agrue, that due to his contract, Matheson has 0 value. To the lightning, he has negative value because they are in cap hell (probably cancels out the 2nd) . So you are trading the 74th ranked prospect in the league for an elite forward. Stamkos has scored 60 goals, and he's contantly been an unbelievable player. He's TB's captain, and while they should consider moving him due to his cap hit, They want value. You realize Jeremy Bracco was ahead of Poulin. He's a good prospect, but you'd need about 3 Poulins if you want Stamkos. They don't want to give him away. I meant no offence. Good try on this post. But no way the lightning say yes. This is coming from a non lightning fan (I am a leafs fan, don't judge).

I’ll agree with the Matheson evaluation. But no way stamkos brings back 3 top 100 prospects. Doesn’t happen. He brings back a top prospects, a young NHL caliber player with potential, and a 1st or 2nd round pick. This other guy said 3-5 poliun’s..lol. 5..?? Lol.. what? Like he’s Gretzky or something. He’s 31 and coming off an Injury, and TB is in Salary cap hell, like u said.

Same with Malkin, Crosby return. A top prospect, a Young NHL player with potential, and a 1st or 2nd round pick. Crosby probably two1st rounders with the top prospect and young NHL player with potential.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:35 p.m.

How about Petterson/Poulin and a 2nd round pick. That’s Stamkos value man. He’s not bring back more than that in return. I would be highly surprised if he brought back more than a top 100 prospect, young NHL player with potential and a 2nd round pick.

If I was the Pens GM, I’d say no to Rust/Poulin/2nd round pick.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
lol
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
How about Petterson/Poulin and a 2nd round pick. That’s Stamkos value man. He’s not bring back more than that in return. I would be highly surprised if he brought back more than a top 100 prospect, young NHL player with potential and a 2nd round pick.

good thing you arent the Pens GM then
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:39 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Quoting: OrganizedConfusion55
good thing you arent the Pens GM then

Yep, i agree JR makes much better decisions. You think Stamkos for Rust/Poulin and a 2nd round pick is Stankos value at 31 years old coming off an injury..lol. Good luck.

He wouldn’t even bring that back in a fantasy league.

The only thing I could imagine being more than Pettersson/Poulin and 2nd pound pick is maybe more draft capital. Maybe a 1st instead of the 2nd or two 2nd’s or a 2nd and a 3rd. But Stamkos isn’t bringing back more NHL talent than around Pettersson/Poulin level talent. With the draft pick.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:53 p.m.
Go leafs go
I’ll agree with the Matheson evaluation. But no way stamkos brings back 3 top 100 prospects. Doesn’t happen. He brings back a top prospects, a young NHL caliber player with potential, and a 1st or 2nd round pick. This other guy said 3-5 poliun’s..lol. 5..?? Lol.. what? Like he’s Gretzky or something. He’s 31 and coming off an Injury, and TB is in Salary cap hell, like u said.

Same with Malkin, Crosby return. A top prospect, a Young NHL player with potential, and a 1st or 2nd round pick. Crosby probably two1st rounders with the top prospect and young NHL player with potential.

You make some good points. Yes, Obvioulsy 5 Poulins is too much. A pettersson, Poulin and 2nd is much, much better, but still is Iffy. Rust Poulin and a second is about what Stammer the Hammer would cost (and GMJR should take it, but considering the weird moves he's made lately, maybe not lol. Whatever, I'm happy Kapanen is a Penguin). Should be more, but the flat cap has brought down player values big time. I know he's injury prone, but he's still elite.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 3:57 p.m.
Yep, i agree JR makes much better decisions. You think Stamkos for Rust/Poulin and a 2nd round pick is Stankos value at 31 years old coming off an injury..lol. Good luck.

He wouldn’t even bring that back in a fantasy league.

The only thing I could imagine being more than Pettersson/Poulin and 2nd pound pick is maybe more draft capital. Maybe a 1st instead of the 2nd or two 2nd’s or a 2nd and a 3rd. But Stamkos isn’t bringing back more NHL talent than around Pettersson/Poulin level talent. With the draft pick.

You would be dumb to pass that up. Idk what to say if you dont realize that.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 5, 2020 at 4:17 p.m.
You make some good points. Yes, Obvioulsy 5 Poulins is too much. A pettersson, Poulin and 2nd is much, much better, but still is Iffy. Rust Poulin and a second is about what Stammer the Hammer would cost (and GMJR should take it, but considering the weird moves he's made lately, maybe not lol. Whatever, I'm happy Kapanen is a Penguin). Should be more, but the flat cap has brought down player values big time. I know he's injury prone, but he's still elite.

I like the Kapanen trade. Hallander was our 4th best prospect in a bad farm system. He’s not apart of our immediate plans. Or a big part of our future. A 3rd line center Ceiling. And last time Toronto traded us a super fast RW that was a bit of an a*s with attitude problems, it turned out well.lol. I’m excited to see what he can do with Crosby. It’s the best top 6 forwards we have had since, Kunitz/Crosby/Dupree, Hornqvist/Malkin/ Rust. And Kessel on our 3rd line. And B4 that being Kunitz/Crosby/Dupree, and Neal/Malkin/Iginla.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 4:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Think you have shown that Pens don't have the cap for Stamkos this season and in the future.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: palhal
Think you have shown that Pens don't have the cap for Stamkos this season and in the future.

Yes, I agree with that. It was a tough fit. Lol.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 7:48 p.m.
Go leafs go
I like the Kapanen trade. Hallander was our 4th best prospect in a bad farm system. He’s not apart of our immediate plans. Or a big part of our future. A 3rd line center Ceiling. And last time Toronto traded us a super fast RW that was a bit of an a*s with attitude problems, it turned out well.lol. I’m excited to see what he can do with Crosby. It’s the best top 6 forwards we have had since, Kunitz/Crosby/Dupree, Hornqvist/Malkin/ Rust. And Kessel on our 3rd line. And B4 that being Kunitz/Crosby/Dupree, and Neal/Malkin/Iginla.

I see somewhat why JR did it, but it was an overpay. I'll just admit it right now. I was expecting him to go straight up for a late first, for example Dallas' or Tampa's (with the sharks). I didn't think he could fetch 15th overall and Hallender (not that I had any clue who Hallender was before the trade lol). The Kessel trade sure worked out well for the penguins. I used to like the penguins almost as much as the leafs when they won those 2 cups, so I'm happy. But it worked out for the leafs too (haha we got Kapanen in the first place, plus the first we traded for Anderson). This deal is similar. However, Kapanen is not half the player Phil is. Hope he does well beside Crosby. Playing on the top line might ignite him. On a side note: forgot Iginla ever played for the pens lol.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 8:01 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 5, 2020 at 8:13 p.m.
I see somewhat why JR did it, but it was an overpay. I'll just admit it right now. I was expecting him to go straight up for a late first, for example Dallas' or Tampa's (with the sharks). I didn't think he could fetch 15th overall and Hallender (not that I had any clue who Hallender was before the trade lol). The Kessel trade sure worked out well for the penguins. I used to like the penguins almost as much as the leafs when they won those 2 cups, so I'm happy. But it worked out for the leafs too (haha we got Kapanen in the first place, plus the first we traded for Anderson). This deal is similar. However, Kapanen is not half the player Phil is. Hope he does well beside Crosby. Playing on the top line might ignite him. On a side note: forgot Iginla ever played for the pens lol.

Yep, we did very well in the Kessel deal too. So did the the Leafs though. I hate that Sam Steel was that 1st round pick though.lol. I bet u guys do too. I like him as a player and would help our team tremendously. We got PO-Joseph back for Kessel too. A Very good D prospect.

NJD were offering one of their 3 1st rounders for Kapanen. Not the 5-6th pick. But one of their later ones. So we had to add Hallander. But he’s not a great prospect. A “B” maybe “B+” prospect. Similar to S.D.A..

I’m happy with the trade. So are many Penguins fans. Kapanen>Amirov In my opinion. I would have been pissed if the Pens took Amirov with the 15th pick. The only way I would have been mad is if Y.Askarov, J.Sanderson, Or Seth Jarvis fell to 15. Like I said, Amirov at 15, u can have him. I would have wanted the Pens to take Zary Or Hendrix L., or K.Guhle at 15th. I can definitely live without Amirov. And am happy with Kapanen now that none of those players fell to 15. And u can have Hallander too. I hope he works out for the Leafs!! He was not a big part of our future. Our 4th-5th best prospect, behind Poulin, PO-Joseph, N.Legare, and J.Maniscalsco. I don’t even know where he’d fit in.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
Go leafs go
Yep, we did very well in the Kessel deal too. So did the the Leafs though. I hate that Sam Steel was that 1st round pick though.lol. I bet u guys do too. I like him as a player and would help our team tremendously. We got PO-Joseph back for Kessel too. A Very good D prospect.

NJD were offering one of their 3 1st rounders for Kapanen. Not the 5-6th pick. But one of their later ones. So we had to add Hallander. But he’s not a great prospect. A “B” maybe “B+” prospect. Similar to S.D.A..

I’m happy with the trade. So are many Penguins fans. Kapanen>Amirov In my opinion. I would have been pissed if the Pens took Amirov with the 15th pick. The only way I would have been mad is if Y.Askarov, J.Sanderson, Or Seth Jarvis fell to 15. Like I said, Amirov at 15, u can have him. I would have wanted the Pens to take Zary Or Hendrix L., or K.Guhle at 15th. I can definitely live without Amirov. And am happy with Kapanen now that none of those players fell to 15. And u can have Hallander too. I hope he works out for the Leafs!! He was not a big part of our future. Our 4th-5th best prospect, behind Poulin, PO-Joseph, N.Legare, and J.Maniscalsco. I don’t even know where he’d fit in.

The NJ picks were 18 and 20. So paying a 15th overall pick plus a "B" or "B+" prospect" (from what I've heard, he's a bit better than SDA). Wasn't a huge fan of the Amirov selecion. I was hoping for Schnider. Also Jarvis, Holloway, and Sanderson really intruged me but those guys went before 15. Dubas, however, cleary must have done his homework and I know he knows more than me on this. He's been a great drafter some far from the small sample we have (Sandin and Robertson stand out), so maybe Amirov will turn out really good, he's a higher pick than both those 2 anyway. Likely, Amirov should be at Kapanen's level, but he very well could be higher. Plus the cap space we got, which got us Brodie, and I'm taking Brodie 50 times out of 10 over Kappy.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 8:38 p.m.
LETS go PENS
The NJ picks were 18 and 20. So paying a 15th overall pick plus a "B" or "B+" prospect" (from what I've heard, he's a bit better than SDA). Wasn't a huge fan of the Amirov selecion. I was hoping for Schnider. Also Jarvis, Holloway, and Sanderson really intruged me but those guys went before 15. Dubas, however, cleary must have done his homework and I know he knows more than me on this. He's been a great drafter some far from the small sample we have (Sandin and Robertson stand out), so maybe Amirov will turn out really good, he's a higher pick than both those 2 anyway. Likely, Amirov should be at Kapanen's level, but he very well could be higher. Plus the cap space we got, which got us Brodie, and I'm taking Brodie 50 times out of 10 over Kappy.

Yes leafs definitely needed D help more than forwards. I agree 100% with Brodie. I hope Hallander pans out man. I really do. Hoping he becomes a really good NHL player. I just wouldn’t hold my breath. He’s a “B”, B+ prospect. Poulin, PO-Joseph are that A prospect. Top 100 prospects. Legare, Maniscalco are that next level down, and then I’d put Hallander. He might be in the next group with Legare/Maniscalco but not in my mind. Like I would say Robertson, Sandin are that 1st tier prospects and then Liljegren that next level down and then SDA and Hallander the next level. He’s not on Liljegren level prospect. Or on Legare/Maniscalco level prospect.

And yes, if Jarvis or Sanderson fell to 15 I would’ve been pissed. Or askarov( that goalie). But like I said, I can live without Amirov. I would have wanted the Pens to take Connor Zary at 15 most of all, or K.Guhle, the 16th overall pick. We’ll see, only time will tell. I will take my chances with Kapanen now over Amirov’s future though.

And yes, NJD were offering one of their 1st round picks so the Pens had to add Hallander along with the 15th. Another team was also in with a 1st round pick offer for Kapanen. I forget though. But it was written about and watched acouple you-tube videos on it too. I forget the other team. I know NJD was one though. And don’t know or don’t remember whether they said it was the 18th or 20th overall. But Pens obviously liked Kapanen and his affordable contract. And that he’s still RFA. **affordable for us I guess.
Nov. 5, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.
Go leafs go
Yes leafs definitely needed D help more than forwards. I agree 100% with Brodie. I hope Hallander pans out man. I really do. Hoping he becomes a really good NHL player. I just wouldn’t hold my breath. He’s a “B”, B+ prospect. Poulin, PO-Joseph are that A prospect. Top 100 prospects. Legare, Maniscalco are that next level down, and then I’d put Hallander. He might be in the next group with Legare/Maniscalco but not in my mind. Like I would say Robertson, Sandin are that 1st tier prospects and then Liljegren that next level down and then SDA and Hallander the next level. He’s not on Liljegren level prospect. Or on Legare/Maniscalco level prospect.

And yes, if Jarvis or Sanderson fell to 15 I would’ve been pissed. Or askarov( that goalie). But like I said, I can live without Amirov. I would have wanted the Pens to take Connor Zary at 15 most of all, or K.Guhle, the 16th overall pick. We’ll see, only time will tell. I will take my chances with Kapanen now over Amirov’s future though.

And yes, NJD were offering one of their 1st round picks so the Pens had to add Hallander along with the 15th. Another team was also in with a 1st round pick offer for Kapanen. I forget though. But it was written about and watched acouple you-tube videos on it too. I forget the other team. I know NJD was one though. And don’t know or don’t remember whether they said it was the 18th or 20th overall. But Pens obviously liked Kapanen and his affordable contract. And that he’s still RFA. **affordable for us I guess.

Oh ya, I forgot about Askarov, Guhle and Zary. I was hoping for all them before Amirov, but he seems like he's ok, just not exactly a home run selection. As for Hallender, ya, obvouisly he's nowhere near Robertson and Sandin, or even Liligeren. He's behind Amirov too. He's in line with those 2 guys the leafs drafted in round 2 and 3 this year (that have the wierdest names I've ever heard) and maybe SDA too. I'm not expecting Hallender to be Matthews' replacement or anything. But I think it's safe to say he will be a nhl player.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll