LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: Kratsov_Stan
I'm not saying he's a great player or even one with a ton of value, he is not on the rangers for his offensive or defensive play, the reason rangers fans value him so high is because removing him leaves a big hole in the lineup, it makes the rangers much easier to roll over. Lemieux is 31st in hits in the league, like you said not great but the next rangers forward is 91st, Kreider, so he doesn't get the trade value that some rangers fans give him because of his play but because of the role he fills on the team

sure, but the point is that even the best 4th liner in the league (which Lemieux isnt even close to) going out doesnt leave a massive hole in any roster. 4th liners are largely interchangeable.
As far as hits go, well, that number literally means nothing because no rink in the league tracks them the same, and even if it did that just means that he never has the puck.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Kravtsov_Stan
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
sure, but the point is that even the best 4th liner in the league (which Lemieux isnt even close to) going out doesnt leave a massive hole in any roster. 4th liners are largely interchangeable.
As far as hits go, well, that number literally means nothing because no rink in the league tracks them the same, and even if it did that just means that he never has the puck.

Ok to start off, most 4th liners are not that easily interchangeable (Plus even this guy has Lemieux playing 3rd line which I don't even have in my rangers lines), Most enforcers or even power forwards are older and the rangers need a physical presence with a guy who can be a great locker room guy, like Lemieux is, and because he is young and the rangers can have him for longer makes him all the more valuable. I don't even know what to say to your second point because 1, I was using the same tracker for their hits so its gonna be consistent between the two of them and 2 Ovechkin is number 18 and Tchuck is number two, so yeah, you can hit a lot and still touch the puck. Another big thing with Lemiux is the way he stands up for his teammates and gets them riled up through his fighting, another thing that the young team needs
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
Kravtsov_Stan
Ok to start off, most 4th liners are not that easily interchangeable (Plus even this guy has Lemieux playing 3rd line which I don't even have in my rangers lines), Most enforcers or even power forwards are older and the rangers need a physical presence with a guy who can be a great locker room guy, like Lemieux is, and because he is young and the rangers can have him for longer makes him all the more valuable. I don't even know what to say to your second point because 1, I was using the same tracker for their hits so its gonna be consistent between the two of them and 2 Ovechkin is number 18 and Tchuck is number two, so yeah, you can hit a lot and still touch the puck. Another big thing with Lemiux is the way he stands up for his teammates and gets them riled up through his fighting, another thing that the young team needs

Let me make it clear, Lemieux's actual value isn't that high its just that he is a very important part of team so we have no reason to trade him
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.

i used the word largly because, yes MOST 4th liners are interchangeable, as in the middle 75% of em. Clearly the top 7.5% arnt interchangable with the bottom 15% etc. But 4th liners, like actual bottom pairing defenders dont have enough impact on the game to be anything but interchangable unless they are very good or very bad. And even the very good ones can be replaced by an OK one and it wont hurt you.
and hits is a useless stat as a whole. It doesnt matter if two players from two different teams are pulled from the same list because those two players arnt tracked by the same number crunchers every game.
And even your own comparison of Krieder VS Lemieux breaks down to Lemieux averaging less than one hit more per game.
The not having the puck thing was a point on Lemieux and other players like him, they dont have the puck so they hit 'more'.
Oh, and every single fighting study shows that there is no impact to momentum for a fight at all, it's just entertainment. People can say it pumps them up or whatever, but there is literally no difference in team performance after winning/losing a fight
Dec. 2, 2020 at 10:33 a.m.
LafreneiretoKravtsov
Quoting: Letter_Kenny
You've obviously never seen Bertuzzi play. But keep digging that hole. It's entertaining. 👍 PRO tip: sometimes it's easier to just take the L.

He posted a chart as a response. laugh
Dec. 2, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Josh
He posted a chart as a response. laugh

Yes! The chart totally proves it! 🤣
Dec. 2, 2020 at 5:05 p.m.
the leafs dont lack for mediocre 4th liners, maybe the rangers do. "oh but he smash and he crash!" Please, spare me.

If you feel Lemieux is junk then that's cool, not sure why y'all keep asking for him in that case. but... the real issue here lies with NYR acquiring someone who in return won't make our line up/ log jam the prospects. It really doesn't make sense for us to take Holl at all... Try trading a 2c to LA.. they just don't need it.. As for NYR fans, most of us just like watching him play, whether it's on our 3rd/4th line.. He isn't elite, no one here will argue that..
Dec. 2, 2020 at 5:13 p.m.
Bertuzzi isn't a 3rd liner. He plays with Larkin and Mantha on the top line.

Do you think Bert is as good as Mantha and Larkin??? He isn't.. On DET he is a higher tier guy today than he should be. IF DET can get good in the next 3 years you will see Bert on the 2nd/3rd line. He is much closer to a #6/7 fwd then the #3 he is currently. This being said, I like him and would love having him on my team but not if he is my 3rd best guy or if he is making more than 4M without any big improvements which likely aren't coming..
Dec. 2, 2020 at 5:26 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: NYR1983
Do you think Bert is as good as Mantha and Larkin??? He isn't.. On DET he is a higher tier guy today than he should be. IF DET can get good in the next 3 years you will see Bert on the 2nd/3rd line. He is much closer to a #6/7 fwd then the #3 he is currently. This being said, I like him and would love having him on my team but not if he is my 3rd best guy or if he is making more than 4M without any big improvements which likely aren't coming..

Detroit's top line is a second line on a Cup contender. Bert is every bit as good as Mantha and Larkin are for what he brings to that line. He opens up ice for them and does all the dirty work in the corners. He's good for 20-25 goals a year. Mantha's only problem is that he can't stay healthy. Larkin is very good but he's not great. He isn't Jack Eichel. It's a very good scoring line. The Red Wings rebuild will take a few more years. We can't all be gifted lottery picks like Lafreniere and Kakko.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
Detroit's top line is a second line on a Cup contender. Bert is every bit as good as Mantha and Larkin are for what he brings to that line. He opens up ice for them and does all the dirty work in the corners. He's good for 20-25 goals a year. Mantha's only problem is that he can't stay healthy. Larkin is very good but he's not great. He isn't Jack Eichel. It's a very good scoring line. The Red Wings rebuild will take a few more years. We can't all be gifted lottery picks like Lafreniere and Kakko.

Right, 2nd line which puts Bert as the #6 guy on a really good team. Don't get defensive, I would like him on my team any day and so would many others but not as the 3rd best forward. If those 3 are still around in 5 years and you get some high end to elite players to fill in then you will be amazing. the D is coming along nice and well the G is barely existing but you can buy that in a few years anyways so who gives a damn in the meantime... dive for another year or 2.. Stevie will do a good job

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll