SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CAR/OTT) - Bishop for Lajoie

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 22, 2021 at 11:42 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
I mean our AHL forward depth took a significant hit this year (Balcers to SJS on waivers, Batherson and at least one, if not both of Norris/L. Brown graduating, probably a couple guys like Beaudin/Shaw/Chlapik on the taxi squad) so acquiring another warm body up front for the baby Sens in exchange for like, our 10th best current D (6th best left shot after Chabot/Brannstrom/Wolanin/Reilly/Coburn) and a guy who will likely be quickly passed on the left side by Sanderson/Kleven, and debatably not even better than Aspirot or Alsing? Labrie was also signed to an AHL deal. I liked Lajoie's start to 18-19 but it IS starting to seem like he's more of a one and done unfortunately. I'd rather have a little bit of forward depth for the baby Sens than a 7D for them. Lajoie maybe has slightly more upside, but it's likely moot, would be a surprise if either guy is more than an AHLer ever, both will be AHLers only barring major injury issues this season at least. Worst case scenario Ottawa claims him back on waivers in a year lol?

Crazy how different this trade looks only a couple of months removed. Clark Bishop has come out of nowhere, and he's been great. Plays fast and plays hard. Positive possession player on a bad team while receiving almost entirely defensive starts. Sens need to get him some reps on the PK soon. Only going to become more useful. Chris Tierney is sweating.
Alfie11 liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 1:18 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Crazy how different this trade looks only a couple of months removed. Clark Bishop has come out of nowhere, and he's been great. Plays fast and plays hard. Positive possession player on a bad team while receiving almost entirely defensive starts. Sens need to get him some reps on the PK soon. Only going to become more useful. Chris Tierney is sweating.

Yeah it’s definitely looking good. Like I said at the time, it was a low risk move, but instead of helping the baby Sens he’s helped the actual Sens which is even better. Sens are the clear winners at this point, Lajoie is still stuck behind a bajillion LD in Carolina (although he is doing well in Chicago) and a useful 4th liner for an AHL D is a deal I take every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If he makes Tierney expendable that can only be good for us. Ideally that happens if they give L. Brown a shot between Chucky and C. Brown and Bishop stays solid as the 4C (I like the kid line and the Paul-White-Dadonov line so that’ll be fine for now). Alternatively Pinto might be able to step into that role instead of L. Brown, with the same result of making Tierney expendable. He’d likely fetch a decent haul at the deadline for 1.5 years as a middle six C, or even if it happens in the off-season the Sens should be able to get a decent pick or two.
Oct. 30, 2021 at 6:14 p.m.
sensonfire
Prior to this trade, both players were placed on waivers and both players went unclaimed.

For that reason alone, this is a fair trade.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit