Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs & Habs (wait, what?)

Created by: Watty1
Team: 2017-18 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 6, 2016
Published: Dec. 6, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not really a necessary trade for either club, but just having some fun.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$4,000,000
2$1,675,000
2$800,000
2$1,750,000
4$4,275,000
2$687,500
2$725,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Pacioretty, Max
Additional Details:
Nathan Beaulieu
Sven Andrighetto
TOR
    Vegas Golden Knights
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$76,700,000$60,381,666$5,370,000$4,675,000$16,318,334
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $4,050,000$4,050,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    C
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,950,000$2,950,000
    RW, LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$125,000$125K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $612,500$612,500
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $800,000$800,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,675,000$1,675,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,050,000$4,050,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $4,275,000$4,275,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $700,000$700,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $687,500$687,500
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $640,000$640,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 4:02 p.m.
    Edited Dec. 6, 2016 at 4:20 p.m.
    No. No no no. No. The Leafs and Habs may make a trade sometime, but it WON'T be for this. I will say it for the thousandth time, the Leafs don't need a LHD, especially a fairly small one who isn't aggressive. We need a stay at home RHD. I'm also gonna say for the thousandth time that the Leafs aren't trading Bozak and JVR before it's absolutely necessary, and if they're going to, they will NOT package them together and definitely not so we can overpay Beaulieu and take on Pacioretty who probably won't even want to come here. The Leafs made the Phaneuf trade targeting Lindberg and they are sure as heck not going to just turn him over again for a 28 year old forward for two years, who has two less points than JVR and one more than Bozak. Right now, JVR is more valuable than Patches because of his PPG (which he has gotten on a low placed team) and his 250,000 dollar cheaper contract, and Bozak is a solid center who wins a large majority of faceoffs and has great chemistry with Marner.
    Long story short, JVR and Patches are closer to equal value than anything, which means you're moving Bozak for Beaulieu (So you can pay him a little too much) and Lindberg for Andrighetto, who's currently in the AHL and not even on the roster you have here? No. Not happening.
    Also, don't know how much Leafs hockey you watch, but Komarov prefers the wing and has great chemistry with Kadri, and Rielly plays on the left side and not with Gardiner. They don't work well together unless it's on the PP. Oh and Corrado is not staying with the team and Bibeau will get the call up before Sparks does this year. Just no.
    You can play the card where Pacioretty isn't being utilized properly, and I'd agree, but they won't make a trade just to move him down to Toronto and they want a top 4 dman, not two forwards and a prospect.
    Also Ganly (an ECHLer) and Murphy (a small, puck moving dman with bad defensive abilities) for Rychel and Gauthier? No. There's not equal value there. Neither Rychel nor Gauthier are ECHLers and Gauthier, although not a strong point producer, is a big, 6'5 forward who's great defensively and will probably find himself on a fourth line role with any team if it's not with the Leafs, and that's just now. And Rychel? Yeah, maybe not doing as well as he should be, but 10 points in 19 games so far and aggressive is perfect for a bottom six role. Murphy can't stay in the lineup and Ganly isn't even in the AHL. No where near equal value.
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 4:04 p.m.
    Watty1
    Quoting: BStone67
    No. No no no. No. The Leafs and Habs may make a trade sometime, but it WON'T be for this. I will say it for the thousandth time, the Leafs don't need a LHD, especially a fairly small one who isn't aggressive. We need a stay at home RHD. I'm also gonna say for the thousandth time that the Leafs aren't trading Bozak and JVR before it's absolutely necessary, and if they're going to, they will NOT package them together and definitely not so we can overpay Beaulieu and take on Pacioretty who probably won't even want to come here. The Leafs made the Phaneuf trade targeting Lindberg and they are sure as heck not going to just turn him over again for a 28 year old forward for two years, who has two less points than JVR and one more than Bozak. Right now, JVR is more valuable than Patches because of his PPG (which he has gotten on a low placed team) and his 250,000 dollar cheaper contract, and Bozak is a solid center who wins a large majority of faceoffs and has great chemistry with Marner.
    Long story short, JVR and Patches are closer to equal value than anything, which means you're moving Bozak for Beaulieu (So you can pay him a little too much) and Lindberg for Andrighetto, who's currently in the AHL and not even on the roster you have here? No. Not happening.
    Also, don't know how much Leafs hockey you watch, but Komarov prefers the wing and has great chemistry with Kadri, and Rielly plays on the left side and not with Gardiner. They don't work well together unless it's on the PP. Oh and Corrado is not staying with the team and Bibeau will get the call up before Sparks does this year. Just no.
    You can play the card where Pacioretty isn't being utilized properly, and I'd agree, but they won't make a trade just to move him down to Toronto and they want a top 4 dman, not two forwards and a prospect.
    Also Ganly (an ECHLer) and Murphy (a small, puck moving dman with bad defensive abilities) for Rychel and Gauthier? No. There's not equal value there. Neither Rychel nor Gauthier are ECHLers and Gauthier, although not a strong point producer, is a big, 6'5 forward who's great defensively and will probably find himself on a fourth line role with any team if it's not with the Leafs, and that's just now. And Rychel? Yeah, maybe not doing as well as he should be, but 10 points in 19 games so far and aggressive is perfect for a bottom six role. Murphy can't stay in the lineup and Ganly isn't even in the AHL. No where near equal value.
    I love how Leaf fans go bonkers every time they see one of their precious prospects in a deal. Make this totally worth it. And they say we Canucks fans are the worst? God, listening to Leafs fans dribble on about the prospects they have no room for is enough to make you take a knife to the eye. Of course neither one would do this, but the vitriol it gets is priceless. Maybe I'll feel this way in another 8 years after a decade of losing.
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 4:25 p.m.
    Quoting: Watty1
    I love how Leaf fans go bonkers every time they see one of their precious prospects in a deal. Make this totally worth it. And they say we Canucks fans are the worst? God, listening to Leafs fans dribble on about the prospects they have no room for is enough to make you take a knife to the eye. Of course neither one would do this, but the vitriol it gets is priceless. Maybe I'll feel this way in another 8 years after a decade of losing.

Well hey, at least we have a bright future, and have the second most Stanley Cups in the league. I mean, the Canucks have one right? No? Oh... Sorry. But they'll make it to the playoffs this year, right? I'm a Leafs fan but I also know that they aren't the greatest, but I have hope for the future, it's when people come along and make bonehead trades for the Leafs without knowing a single thing about them that angers Leafs fans everywhere. We have good prospects and bad prospects, like every team, but at least we have a healthy helping of good prospects compared to other teams. i realized that you said this was for fun which is why I originally edited my post because you can't delete comments. But hey, as I said beforee, at least the Leafs have a rather bright future, compared to a team that's struggling to realize they're in dire need of a rebuild and that signing vets for a 'playoff run' just won't work.
    But hey, cheers to you! Nice to call out another fan base for being too die hard!
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 4:38 p.m.
    Banned
    Beaulieu for 6 years is not a good deal. For him, because he isn't an established player, I would offer him a 3 year contract.
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 4:49 p.m.
    leafs1967again

What???????
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 6:13 p.m.
    Watty1

Well hey, at least we have a bright future, and have the second most Stanley Cups in the league. I mean, the Canucks have one right? No? Oh... Sorry. But they'll make it to the playoffs this year, right? I'm a Leafs fan but I also know that they aren't the greatest, but I have hope for the future, it's when people come along and make bonehead trades for the Leafs without knowing a single thing about them that angers Leafs fans everywhere. We have good prospects and bad prospects, like every team, but at least we have a healthy helping of good prospects compared to other teams. i realized that you said this was for fun which is why I originally edited my post because you can't delete comments. But hey, as I said before, at least the Leafs have a rather bright future, compared to a team that's struggling to realize they're in dire need of a rebuild and that signing vets for a 'playoff run' just won't work.
    But hey, cheers to you! Nice to call out another fan base for being too die hard!
    I just thought it was an overreaction on your part. I overreacted too though; no problems with you loving your team. Just didn't need the biblically long paragraph. You have some great prospects, but the beauty about having prospects is being able to move some for more established guys. I do find the Leafs fans are passionate but I think they get blinded by the glitz and glamour of prospects over team needs. Now, I would not use this trade as an example because it's mostly hyperbole. I'll say for the thousandth time not to take every trade so seriously; this isn't happening and would be insane to happen - although Pacioretty for JVR might make some sense since you'd get patches for 2 yrs at $4.5m vs $6-7m for JVR. Most of Canada would agree though that it's too much "Leafdom" in this country because the media is too centralized to Toronto.

And yes, our ownership has mucked up a lot because they want to make the playoffs every year. But Vancouver & Toronto have different styles. You guys are building up front, and Van is building from the net and blueline out. Cheers wink
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 6:43 p.m.
    Habs
    This is funny. Of course neither team wants to do this but it gets ridiculous when you call beaulieu a fairly small dman who isn't aggressive, and then go on to use the term "take on pacioretty" as if he's a burden. JVR may have 2 more points than pacioretty but this doesn't mean he has more value, I think the league views these players differently than you.
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 7:12 p.m.

Well hey, at least we have a bright future, and have the second most Stanley Cups in the league. I mean, the Canucks have one right? No? Oh... Sorry. But they'll make it to the playoffs this year, right? I'm a Leafs fan but I also know that they aren't the greatest, but I have hope for the future, it's when people come along and make bonehead trades for the Leafs without knowing a single thing about them that angers Leafs fans everywhere. We have good prospects and bad prospects, like every team, but at least we have a healthy helping of good prospects compared to other teams. i realized that you said this was for fun which is why I originally edited my post because you can't delete comments. But hey, as I said before, at least the Leafs have a rather bright future, compared to a team that's struggling to realize they're in dire need of a rebuild and that signing vets for a 'playoff run' just won't work.
    I just thought it was an overreaction on your part. I overreacted too though; no problems with you loving your team. Just didn't need the biblically long paragraph. You have some great prospects, but the beauty about having prospects is being able to move some for more established guys. I do find the Leafs fans are passionate but I think they get blinded by the glitz and glamour of prospects over team needs. Now, I would not use this trade as an example because it's mostly hyperbole. I'll say for the thousandth time not to take every trade so seriously; this isn't happening and would be insane to happen - although Pacioretty for JVR might make some sense since you'd get patches for 2 yrs at $4.5m vs $6-7m for JVR. Most of Canada would agree though that it's too much "Leafdom" in this country because the media is too centralized to Toronto.

And yes, our ownership has mucked up a lot because they want to make the playoffs every year. But Vancouver & Toronto have different styles. You guys are building up front, and Van is building from the net and blueline out. Cheers wink

Yeah, I totally exploded and I do feel quite bad. Plus I was quite groggy when I wrote that. But I credit that teams have different fan bases and Leafs may be a lot too die hard, but it's what we do. Sorry again, cheers.
    Dec. 6, 2016 at 7:22 p.m.
    Quoting: CaptainFlynnt
    This is funny. Of course neither team wants to do this but it gets ridiculous when you call beaulieu a fairly small dman who isn't aggressive, and then go on to use the term "take on pacioretty" as if he's a burden. JVR may have 2 more points than pacioretty but this doesn't mean he has more value, I think the league views these players differently than you.

Hey, all I'm saying is that from what I've seen, Beaulieu doesn't fit the Leafs mold and isn't the big, RHD stay at home dman that they need. And he isn't that aggressive and yes, he may be 6'2 but he doesn't use his body as well as he could. As for Patches, I did say he wasn't being used that well by Therrien, but even still, he plays nearly three minutes more per night on average and still has fewer shots and a 10 percent shooting accuracy, while JVR manages to put up more points on a second or third line role with a 14 percent shooting percentage. On a top line roll with a proper, strong center man and opposite winger he'd probably get even better, and yes, so might Pacioretty, but then it comes down to that 250,000 dollar increase for Pacioretty. JVR has greater size, does throw more hits and is great in front of the net. I'd value him higher and I think other people would too, but I'm not sure. I'm done with this post as I've spoken a little too much. But all have a good night.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll