Description
1. Lankinen

2. Vanecek
3. Smith
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$81,500,000$8,510,833$0$5,407,500$72,989,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$725,000$725,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$716,667$716,667
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
My top 3 right now would be Lankinen, Smith and Kaprizov. Kap will challenge and maybe overtake Lankinen eventually, but this is how I see it right now.

Some people have been questioning the absence of Tim Stutzle on your list and while I really like his potential, he is one of the worst defensive players in the entire league right now (his -14 rating aside). If he continues on this trajectory for this season, he'll put up points and get some down-ballot votes, but I can't see him cracking the top-3 with how raw his game still is.

And this is pure bias on my part, so take it with a grain of salt, but look out for Pius Suter. People forget that Kubalik didn't take off until the 2nd half of 19-20 and I think Suter could take a similar path as he continues to adjust to the North American game and he plays with a little more consistency. Either way, I love seeing him here, he's been better than expected.

What is your opinion on Lafreniere’s struggles this season? Perhaps he’s not good enough for the NHL?
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: GenericUsername489
Never said it was sustainable. This list is as of right now. Suter/Kurashev have the same number of points as Norris/Stutzle in a harder division. Stutzle is the worst of the 4 right now because he can't play defense at all and the other 3 can.

Stutzle has not been a liability the whole team has. He’s been average
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:27 p.m.
KFTW
My top 3 right now would be Lankinen, Smith and Kaprizov. Kap will challenge and maybe overtake Lankinen eventually, but this is how I see it right now.

Some people have been questioning the absence of Tim Stutzle on your list and while I really like his potential, he is one of the worst defensive players in the entire league right now (his -14 rating aside). If he continues on this trajectory for this season, he'll put up points and get some down-ballot votes, but I can't see him cracking the top-3 with how raw his game still is.

And this is pure bias on my part, so take it with a grain of salt, but look out for Pius Suter. People forget that Kubalik didn't take off until the 2nd half of 19-20 and I think Suter could take a similar path as he continues to adjust to the North American game and he plays with a little more consistency. Either way, I love seeing him here, he's been better than expected.

It’s too early for this anyways. Pius won’t get votes cuz he’s too old. Kurashev and Lankinen will regress. Top 3 will be Kaprizov , Stutzle and Ty Smith. Heck I’d even throw Josh Norris in there.
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
Kakko Redemption Szn
Quoting: Penguins_Legend_Sheary
Yes I agree, Chytil was playing really well before the injury. I was looking at the stats & Lafreniere was getting destroyed when the coach put him with a Zibanejad, he just wasn’t ready to face such heavy competition. He definitely won’t achieve anything with bad centers such as Howden or rooney either. It’s a bad situation for him.

If Zibanejad was playing as well as last year, we might have gotten different results. but keeping Panarin-Strome-Kakko together seems to be working, so between Mika, Buch, Kreider, Laf, and eventually Chytil, they will have to find some other line to work
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
KFTW
What is your opinion on Lafreniere’s struggles this season? Perhaps he’s not good enough for the NHL?

He’s coming straight from the Q to the NHL, struggles are to be expected. Big transition
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:38 p.m.
Quoting: bruinsdude77
To me it’s Ty Smith and it’s not all that close. 8 points in only 11 games makes him the best per-game scorer and that’s as a defenseman. Second-best +/-, top 10 TOI, strong possession numbers, and playing a top PP role for NJ.

Agreed, he'd get my vote today. I expect Evan Bouchard to be in the conversation in a month, too - especially if he starts getting PP time. His offensive numbers at 5v5 are among the best of the rookies, he just needs more at-bats to prove it can sustain.

5v5, 50 minutes min

P/60: 7th overall (1st among D)
Shots/60: 1st overall
ixG/60: 27th overall (1st among D)
iCF/60: 1st overall
iFF/60 1st overall
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:40 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: csick
He’s coming straight from the Q to the NHL, struggles are to be expected. Big transition

I guess that’s true but so did Hischier & Dubois, yet they both played really well right away. But I guess they had better linemates (Hall & Palmieri / Panarin & Atkinson) whereas Laf has Howden & Rooney. Still it seems Lafreniere is one of the least NHL ready prospects ever.
Feb. 19, 2021 at 1:14 p.m.
CHI NYI

Probably a combination of his teammates underperforming and him just having to adjust to the NHL. I have no doubt he will turn into an elite player, but now it seems like an adjustment phase for him. I haven't watched a lot of Rangers games, so I can't give specifics lol, but he has some solid play driving analytics, so there is some promise that he could improve this year. He's also played on soooooo many different lines and it doesn't seem like he's had enough time to develop chemistry with anyone in particular.

Regardless, there's no shame in it. Think it will just take him a little longer
Feb. 19, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Probably a combination of his teammates underperforming and him just having to adjust to the NHL. I have no doubt he will turn into an elite player, but now it seems like an adjustment phase for him. I haven't watched a lot of Rangers games, so I can't give specifics lol, but he has some solid play driving analytics, so there is some promise that he could improve this year. He's also played on soooooo many different lines and it doesn't seem like he's had enough time to develop chemistry with anyone in particular.

Regardless, there's no shame in it. Think it will just take him a little longer

That’s fair. I’ve noticed that his play driving stats are pretty good as well, at least offensively. It’s hard to play well when playing alongside guys like Howden & Rooney but he’s not ready for top line minutes either, so it’s a tough situation overall. Hopefullly he can break out next season.
ForsbergForVezina liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll