Forums/Armchair-GM

Landeskog for S.Reinhart ! ! ! ! !

Created by: Caphead
Team: 2016-17 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 15, 2016
Published: Dec. 15, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Now I know Sabres fans maybe wouldn't like giving up Reinhart but I think Landeskog would be a better fit for a top line LW and he can replace Kane.

For Avs fans I think this gives them a younger player with (IMO) more potential and he can slot into RW or C.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally I was going to do a straight up trade Landy for Reinhart but forgot the latter is on his ELC, so I added in Kane to even out salaries. But keep in mind Kane is not worth that much anymore. In addition to Buffalo getting Landy, they get two prospects; Nantel (B-), Bourke (C+), and a 2nd.
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$73,000,000$65,814,168$0$4,000,000$7,185,832
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW, C
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,666,667$2,666,667
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C
UFA - 1
$640,000$640,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
$5,900,000$5,900,000
G
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,575,000$1,575,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
Out
Hell yeah! I like this trade, sign me up!

What about sending Bigras for Kulikov as well? Zadorov is still kinda figuring things out and Avs could use a more developed NHL player than waiting for Bigras. Just a thought.
Caphead liked this.
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:34 p.m.
I could get behind this trade in principle but would want nothing to do with E.Kane,

Also Peterman Kulikov is a UFA and sort of sucks. Why waste Bigras in a trade when hes going to be on the market in a few months
Caphead liked this.
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:37 p.m.
I like Eich
The deal honestly seems pretty fair to me. Buffalo has a strong pipeline at C and RW but weak at LW so moving Reinhart for a top line LW makes sense. I think Buffalo could look for a little bit more from Colorado because they think so highly of Reinhart and even Kane (I know he's unpopular among fans) but I'm not sure what that would be.

Also I just did research on the two prospects and I think Buffalo would want one of them coming back to be a defenseman, specifically A leftie
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: mikeyscav
The deal honestly seems pretty fair to me. Buffalo has a strong pipeline at C and RW but weak at LW so moving Reinhart for a top line LW makes sense. I think Buffalo could look for a little bit more from Colorado because they think so highly of Reinhart and even Kane (I know he's unpopular among fans) but I'm not sure what that would be

I see it the other way around, Kane has diminished value bc of his off ice issues and the fact he cant stay healthy, its been something like 4 seasons in a row he hasnt played more than 60 games correct? A 2nd & Nantal is pretty fair compensation for a player that has a lot of warts on him
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:44 p.m.
I like Eich
Cogs I see that a lot, but his off-ice behavior was really just stupid in Winnipeg and in Buffalo they have been more serious (sexual assault things) but those were never proved to be true accusations. He just needs to grow up and put himself in better positions and I think his last scare finally woke him up. Injuries tend to be a problem with him as well but he still has put up solid numbers when h has been on the ice. Slow start to this year but has really gotten hot as of late with 7 points (4G) in last 8 games
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:52 p.m.
Cogs I see that a lot, but his off-ice behavior was really just stupid in Winnipeg and in Buffalo they have been more serious (sexual assault things) but those were never proved to be true accusations. He just needs to grow up and put himself in better positions and I think his last scare finally woke him up. Injuries tend to be a problem with him as well but he still has put up solid numbers when h has been on the ice. Slow start to this year but has really gotten hot as of late with 7 points (4G) in last 8 games

High risk high reward with him for sure but I have watched him a lot over the years, especially in winnipeg. he plays with an edge and it helps you as much as it burns you. I just cant get over his shot, he plays with way too long of a stick which helps him with that booming shot of his, but he is always going high and missing the net. The amount of Kane zone entries, high shot, ringing around the glass and back out of the zone I have watched was crazy. Not sure has he simplified his game or does he still do that high shot nonsense?
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:53 p.m.
Banned
Yeah true to everything said here. Like I said, I was thinking to do Landy for Reinhart but it didn't work out, so opted to throw Kane in there. The thing is with that is Buffalo finally gets rid of him and gets something in return. And Colorado takes a risk with him but if it doesn't work, at least it was very cheap.

Also as a side note; I think Kane becomes a Semin in terms of that he won't be able to keep up with the play and goals won't come "as easy" as in his first couple years.
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:57 p.m.
I like Eich
Quoting: coga16

High risk high reward with him for sure but I have watched him a lot over the years, especially in winnipeg. he plays with an edge and it helps you as much as it burns you. I just cant get over his shot, he plays with way too long of a stick which helps him with that booming shot of his, but he is always going high and missing the net. The amount of Kane zone entries, high shot, ringing around the glass and back out of the zone I have watched was crazy. Not sure has he simplified his game or does he still do that high shot nonsense?
He seems to have simplified that aspect this season, but maybe too much. Doesn't do that as much anymore but I think Bylsma has been forcing him to play the grinding on the boards more and going to the net and look for rebounds more. He also doesn't carry the puck into the zone as much as last season but he doesn't need to since Eichel is doing it haha. I honestly would like to see him shoot more then he has at times this year though. Finding a happy medium
Dec. 15, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
I like Eich
Quoting: Caphead
Yeah true to everything said here. Like I said, I was thinking to do Landy for Reinhart but it didn't work out, so opted to throw Kane in there. The thing is with that is Buffalo finally gets rid of him and gets something in return. And Colorado takes a risk with him but if it doesn't work, at least it was very cheap.

Also as a side note; I think Kane becomes a Semin in terms of that he won't be able to keep up with the play and goals won't come "as easy" as in his first couple years.
Buffalo would be happy with this but would want a defensive prospect. Any idea on who Colorado could throw in instead of the two you put in? And Kane is no Semin. Kane has actually been able to keep his numbers quite even the last few seasons but I think he has another level still. He also does a whole heck of a lot more for a team besides goals, which Semin never did
Dec. 15, 2016 at 5:04 p.m.

Buffalo would be happy with this but would want a defensive prospect. Any idea on who Colorado could throw in instead of the two you put in? And Kane is no Semin. Kane has actually been able to keep his numbers quite even the last few seasons but I think he has another level still. He also does a whole heck of a lot more for a team besides goals, which Semin never did

Will Butcher probably would be interesting to you. NCAA at the U of Denver. There is rumblings that he might not want to sign with the Avs (which I dont believe bc the Denver post likes to troll the fan base) He is pretty legit prospect. Siemens has been solid in the AHL again this year but sadly I think he will never get a shot with the Avs either.

Bigras, Meloche are pretty untouchable in terms of Avs prospects
Dec. 15, 2016 at 5:14 p.m.
Banned

Yeah I wasn't necessarily comparing the two in terms of style and what not, but yeah Kane could do a heck of a lot more than Semin.
Dec. 15, 2016 at 5:18 p.m.
I like Eich
I'm going to make a post for this trade (slightly revised) right now btw for Buffalos side. Credits to you of course lol
Dec. 15, 2016 at 5:22 p.m.
Banned
I'm going to make a post for this trade (slightly revised) right now btw for Buffalos side. Credits to you of course lol
haha thanks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll