SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

4C: Colton vs. Stephens

Mar. 17, 2021 at 12:26 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Going forward this season and into next, who do you all want to see at 4C between the two?
Mar. 17, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Going forward this season and into next, who do you all want to see at 4C between the two?

Colton has shown a lot of jump. I'd like to see if he can flourish higher in the lineup.
Stephens is the guy at 4C.
matulix liked this.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 6:13 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
Colton has shown a lot of jump. I'd like to see if he can flourish higher in the lineup.
Stephens is the guy at 4C.

For sure, but I don't know if he'll jump Barre-Boulet and Joseph next season in getting into the Top 9.
Plus, I doubt our center situation will change much next season with Point-Cirelli-Gourde still likely being the go-to guys.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 6:51 p.m.
For sure, but I don't know if he'll jump Barre-Boulet and Joseph next season in getting into the Top 9.
Plus, I doubt our center situation will change much next season with Point-Cirelli-Gourde still likely being the go-to guys.

Could move one for a RHD.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 8:21 p.m.

Or really anything else. I think we've realized it can be problematic holding onto all your talented forward. :-) sell high on a couple rather than losing them for naught?
Mar. 17, 2021 at 9:20 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Or really anything else. I think we've realized it can be problematic holding onto all your talented forward. :-) sell high on a couple rather than losing them for naught?

I think a lot will depend on how we become cap compliant for next season.
Rangsey liked this.
Mar. 18, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

He could be playing himself out of a contract we can pay him next year if he continues to receive games and play like he has. 5 games with 2G 1A and a SO goal. Definitely some talent there that's been buried in the system.

Gourde is M-NTC after next season, so, maybe if we move Gourde that would give us a spot to promote him and pay him more. As for now though, he, Maroon, and Joseph are buzzing.
Mar. 18, 2021 at 10:34 p.m.
He could be playing himself out of a contract we can pay him next year if he continues to receive games and play like he has. 5 games with 2G 1A and a SO goal. Definitely some talent there that's been buried in the system.

He's been amazing. I don't see him as a 4th line guy long term.
Mar. 19, 2021 at 12:08 a.m.
I want Gourde back

Gourde is M-NTC after next season, so, maybe if we move Gourde that would give us a spot to promote him and pay him more. As for now though, he, Maroon, and Joseph are buzzing.

I guess I'm becoming a bit predictable, but NO. And Gourde was still more noticeable than Colton today
Mar. 19, 2021 at 12:08 a.m.
I want Gourde back

I bet he gets a Verhaeghe type deal
Mar. 19, 2021 at 12:20 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Edited Mar. 19, 2021 at 12:30 a.m.
Quoting: imawesome
I guess I'm becoming a bit predictable, but NO. And Gourde was still more noticeable than Colton today

For sure, but I was thinking very hypothetical into the future.

Once Point and Cirelli are on long-term deals, I doubt we'll have the luxury to pay a 3C $5m.
imawesome liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll