Forums/Armchair-GM

next season

Created by: Habs4ever
Team: 2021-22 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 15, 2021
Published: Apr. 15, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I did not focus on Kraken because it is speculative to know who they would pick. I did not focus on to whom they were traded. 90-24-11 5on5 are in the top 3 best lines in the league. They are worth keeping together. I keep seeing people put guys on 4th line making 2 to 4 M per season. Way too much for cap purposes and for what you get. Also, I have watched all of Laval's games this year. When Baddock and/or Veilleux are on the ice, the other players play a little taller. Both love to hit, both can fight, both do not cost much.

I debated moving Chiarot but he only has 1 yr left and the Habs have a plethora of prospects at LD coming.

All of that and we have picks, prospects and cap space.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,900,000
3$1,685,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$850,000
2$1,200,000
3$5,000,000
4$4,975,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Veilleux, Yannick
2$850,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2022 5th round pick (TOR)
ANA
  1. Byron, Paul
Additional Details:
To any team outside the Atlantic division
MTL
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (FLA)
  2. 2023 6th round pick (CGY)
CGY
  1. Drouin, Jonathan
Additional Details:
To any team outside the Atlantic Division
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$64,655,120$597,561$1,475,000$16,844,880

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,975,000$4,975,000
C
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,685,000$1,685,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
Veilleux, Yannick
$850,000$850,000
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 15, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
You have 6 million dollars. Fill out that bottom 4(Poehling and third line)
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:05 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: Howisjulienstillhere
You have 6 million dollars. Fill out that bottom 4(Poehling and third line)

I did fill it out. I believe Habs need one guy that can fight (Baddock) and one that can hit (Veilleux). To me it makes no sense putting guys on 4th line making 2 to 4 Million per season, like I have seen on so many posts. And Poehling is on 3rd line. He began season slowly and I thought, here we go again, we wasted another 1st round pick, but the last 15 games he has really picked it up. He has excellent speed, can play on PP & PK, has a deceptive shot that is precise. Is good on faceoff's but can also play wing. I think he will surprise some people.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:10 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Weber doesnt belong on the PP this year... Cant see why he should next year. Also, Poehling should play 4th line switching from C to LW with Evans depending on the faceoff. We need him to practice being a C for the futur and he wont if hes playing with KK.

I seriously hope they keep on losing and end up with a top 10 pick. Just need 8 in a row just like last season. William Eklund would fit nicely on KK's wing in your lineup...

Also, considering Mantha fetched a top 6 winger, a first and a second after being horrible this year while never reaching over 55 points in a season, I would expect Drouin to fetch at least a first (not top 10 obv, but certainly a 20-32 pick). He was our best forward last night
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:14 p.m.
Quoting: Habs4ever
I did fill it out. I believe Habs need one guy that can fight (Baddock) and one that can hit (Veilleux). To me it makes no sense putting guys on 4th line making 2 to 4 Million per season, like I have seen on so many posts. And Poehling is on 3rd line. He began season slowly and I thought, here we go again, we wasted another 1st round pick, but the last 15 games he has really picked it up. He has excellent speed, can play on PP & PK, has a deceptive shot that is precise. Is good on faceoff's but can also play wing. I think he will surprise some people.

Your the one who watches the rocket all the time. There is a reason why these guys are down there. They can’t be that good. This team isn’t stacked upfront and our bottom 4 players won’t produce, here and in real life. If those two are physical and legitimately physical, then that’s fine, but get a 3rd winger that can produce
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: math731
Weber doesnt belong on the PP this year... Cant see why he should next year. Also, Poehling should play 4th line switching from C to LW with Evans depending on the faceoff. We need him to practice being a C for the futur and he wont if hes playing with KK.

I seriously hope they keep on losing and end up with a top 10 pick. Just need 8 in a row just like last season. William Eklund would fit nicely on KK's wing in your lineup...

Also, considering Mantha fetched a top 6 winger, a first and a second after being horrible this year while never reaching over 55 points in a season, I would expect Drouin to fetch at least a first (not top 10 obv, but certainly a 20-32 pick). He was our best forward last night

We’re not getting a top 10 pick. Hopefully we can play well against Toronto. If we play well we have a legit shot. Hopefully gally is back
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:25 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: math731

Poehling has been playing mostly Centre in Laval, but also some LW. His skill set is not at all a 4th liner. So that is why I felt to place him at 3rd LW. Weber is having an off year and I am not expecting him to turn into Bobby Orr next year but he will be in the line up next season and he still has that big heavy shot. I dropped him to 2nd pairing and he will probably drop to 3rd pairing his last 3 yrs or have a mysterious career ending injury to move him to LTIR. His last 3 seasons only pays him $1 M each season.

I don't see them dropping, they will make playoff's and then flip a coin.

Whenever I make a trade on here, I always go on the lighter side of return because people jump all over you. Do you keep Drouin or sign Tuna and Danault? I don't hate Drouin like some people on here, I just preferred keeping 90-24-11 together, as I find they are so good 5on5.
gm_jeanguy liked this.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Habs4ever
Your the one who watches the rocket all the time. There is a reason why these guys are down there. They can’t be that good. This team isn’t stacked upfront and our bottom 4 players won’t produce, here and in real life. If those two are physical and legitimately physical, then that’s fine, but get a 3rd winger that can produce

Just from the beginning of the year to now, I see a big improvement in Baddock and Veilleux. So I am not against those two. It does not need to be those two, I am just saying why put 2 to 4 Million on your 4th line and on top of that do not have a player or two that can fight. Plus Poehling and Evans are really good on the PK. One of the things is the nightmare of being up against the cap. That is all we have heard all year. So lets move away from it. I do not believe in goon hockey, but all teams need one preferably two guys that can handle themselves and protect others.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
Just from the beginning of the year to now, I see a big improvement in Baddock and Veilleux. So I am not against those two. It does not need to be those two, I am just saying why put 2 to 4 Million on your 4th line and on top of that do not have a player or two that can fight. Plus Poehling and Evans are really good on the PK. One of the things is the nightmare of being up against the cap. That is all we have heard all year. So lets move away from it. I do not believe in goon hockey, but all teams need one preferably two guys that can handle themselves and protect others.

1 see 6’3 220 and I smile. And I have no problem with him and Poehling or even Evans. A physical and responsible 4 line is huge. My problem is Poehling on the 3rd line. Yes being against the cap is tough but so is not scoring. Need another talented lw. Hoffman is a reasonably cheap solid option(just an example)

Also Anderson, chiarot and Edmundson can fight
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:42 p.m.
Cedric Archambault
so if byron and drouin are not trade in atlantic division, maybe in north division squinty smile

IMO this post is a : the goal this year is to make playoffs and be eliminated in 1st round, end up with a top 25 pick like any other years...
this post tell me i don't care about stanley cup
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:44 p.m.
Cedric Archambault
@howisjulienstillhere your name should be howbouchardisnottheheadcoachalready tears of joy
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:46 p.m.
Quoting: CeceHuey
@howisjulienstillhere your name should be howbouchardisnottheheadcoachalready tears of joy

He’s a good coach, Montreal just needs to put in the effort and be healthy. Also I can’t change my name

It was how is bergevin still here
RoiArthur liked this.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:49 p.m.
Cedric Archambault
He’s a good coach, Montreal just needs to put in the effort and be healthy. Also I can’t change my name

It was how is bergevin still here

IMO ducharme is interim coach to become bouchard assistant next season
ducharme lack of grit energy, he's a great smooth talk coach, good for kids but bouchard is trying to puch hard,
i see them as good coach bad coach
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:51 p.m.
IMO ducharme is interim coach to become bouchard assistant next season

I truly don’t see what Bouchard accomplishes. Either keep ducharme, who is a good coach but is missing key players or go for experience.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 7:50 p.m.
Habs4ever
1 see 6’3 220 and I smile. And I have no problem with him and Poehling or even Evans. A physical and responsible 4 line is huge. My problem is Poehling on the 3rd line. Yes being against the cap is tough but so is not scoring. Need another talented lw. Hoffman is a reasonably cheap solid option(just an example)

Also Anderson, chiarot and Edmundson can fight

We saw what happened with chiarots fight and we all hold our breath when Anderson fights. Let Baddock handle that.
RoiArthur liked this.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 7:54 p.m.
We saw what happened with chiarots fight and we all hold our breath when Anderson fights. Let Baddock handle that.

No problem with that. Just need to add a 3rd line left winger. Preferably someone who can score. Like Hoffman

Also does he hit a lot?
Apr. 15, 2021 at 8:48 p.m.
Habs4ever
No problem with that. Just need to add a 3rd line left winger. Preferably someone who can score. Like Hoffman

Also does he hit a lot?

Both Veilleux and Baddock hit a lot and they seem to enjoy hitting. They are also both very good with their fists. Hoffman, I am hearing a lot of negatives about him. Healthy scratch. He just wants to score goals was his reply, when asked why he does not backcheck. Poehling has more offense than people realize and he had a very deceiving release that picks the corners.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 8:50 p.m.
Both Veilleux and Baddock hit a lot and they seem to enjoy hitting. They are also both very good with their fists. Hoffman, I am hearing a lot of negatives about him. Healthy scratch. He just wants to score goals was his reply, when asked why he does not backcheck. Poehling has more offense than people realize and he had a very deceiving release that picks the corners.

Just using Hoffman as an example because he scores. Could he back check more, yes. But we need goals. Poehling can score and play well but isn’t that guy yet. Put him in the 4 line and with more success and confidence you can move him up.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 11:46 a.m.
Cedric Archambault
Edited Apr. 16, 2021 at 12:06 p.m.
I truly don’t see what Bouchard accomplishes. Either keep ducharme, who is a good coach but is missing key players or go for experience.

KK became stronger because of Bouchard... i saw him while he was in junior, and fr seeing him in live action, he as the potentially to be one of the best coach,

like i said, keep ducharme as an assistant, but hired bouchard as head coach
Apr. 16, 2021 at 12:53 p.m.
Habs4ever
KK became stronger because of Bouchard... i saw him while he was in junior, and fr seeing him in live action, he as the potentially to be one of the best coach,

like i said, keep ducharme as an assistant, but hired bouchard as head coach

both are good and both have strengths. Joel is more charismatic and expressive, while Dom is more tactical and strategist. So both are good. The Montreal media and fans are too much. I was recently asked to take part in a hockey program that was online to teach tactics and mental aspects of the game. It started off really well and many people said they were learning, then the haters arrived and became so opinionated that the person hosting the online event had to block over a dozen people. These people did not come to learn but to spread their hate. I speak to the players and many of them both enjoy playing for the Habs but also enjoy when they can get out of the province to live normally again.

Years ago I was on the beach at Old Orchard Beach and people recognized the Habs player and would not leave him alone. The next year we went to Australia together, just so he could get away. So it is what it is and if people cannot watch the Habs without getting a stress disorder, then it is time to find another hobby or passion. Enjoy the game, it is fun!
RoiArthur liked this.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
Cedric Archambault
both are good and both have strengths. Joel is more charismatic and expressive, while Dom is more tactical and strategist. So both are good. The Montreal media and fans are too much. I was recently asked to take part in a hockey program that was online to teach tactics and mental aspects of the game. It started off really well and many people said they were learning, then the haters arrived and became so opinionated that the person hosting the online event had to block over a dozen people. These people did not come to learn but to spread their hate. I speak to the players and many of them both enjoy playing for the Habs but also enjoy when they can get out of the province to live normally again.

Years ago I was on the beach at Old Orchard Beach and people recognized the Habs player and would not leave him alone. The next year we went to Australia together, just so he could get away. So it is what it is and if people cannot watch the Habs without getting a stress disorder, then it is time to find another hobby or passion. Enjoy the game, it is fun!

totally aggreed, that's why i want them both on the team wink

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll